Arsenal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well mate i don't think we'll be signing another player for a long time im afraid. :( Would love to see us sign Eto'o as he's such a great talent and would fit in very well with our style of play.

Not unless you can come up with a bid better than £30 and 12 away shirts from last seasons campaign!

Vieira and Pires just signed, by the way.

T Butcher fan said:
Not unless you can come up with a bid better than £30 and 12 away shirts from last seasons campaign!

Vieira and Pires just signed, by the way.

LOL!! Arsenal are f*cked....

Did it highlight Viera's get out clauses??

Great news!

Arsenal FC is delighted to confirm that Club Captain Patrick Vieira (27) has today signed a new contract securing his future with the Club until 2007. Patrick's French compatriot Robert Pires (29) has also extended his current contract until 2006.

French International Patrick Vieira said: "As I've always said I'm very happy here at Arsenal and it's always been my intention to sign a new contract with the Club. I'm delighted to have sorted everything out and be able to put this to one side and fully focus on what matters most - playing football and winning more trophies with Arsenal.

"I'm really confident about this season as we have a great squad here, with great team spirit and fantastic talent. I really believe we'll go from strength to strength. It's also fantastic news that Robert has agreed a new deal as he's also a really important player for the Club."

Midfielder Robert Pires enthused: "I am so happy to have signed a new contract with Arsenal. What's more, I am pleased with the way it's all happened and also the fact that Arsenal want to keep me is a great sign of recognition for me personally.

"I love being a part of this Club. I have a great relationship with the Boss, the players and all the supporters, so I'm very pleased to be continuing my time here. It's my personal goal to continue to win trophies in England and also win the Champions League which is of course one of the Club's objectives. Arsenal has great ambition and that's why I'm so glad to be staying here."

Manager Arsène Wenger is delighted the pair have put pen to paper. He said: "As I have said before, I never had any doubts that both Patrick and Robert would sign new contracts with the Club. However, I'm so delighted that we have finally confirmed their signings, they are both very important players who will be instrumental in achieving our goal of winning more trophies this season and in years to come."

Thought you'd made a long post of your own words there Pele! Alfred fainted, he's always been a bit of a nervous wreck since his incident with Two Face. Oh well, Vieira and Pires won't be getting anymore more silverware for a few years!

-Batman :bat:

hutch said:
Thought you'd made a long post of your own words there Pele! Alfred fainted, he's always been a bit of a nervous wreck since his incident with Two Face. Oh well, Vieira and Pires won't be getting anymore more silverware for a few years!

Listen Vieira and Pires will be lifting the Premiership, FA Cup and the Champions League this season, where as RVN will be lifting up dive of the season trophy! :mrgreen:

Zico said:
hutch said:

Listen Vieira and Pires will be lifting the Premiership, FA Cup and the Champions League this season, where as RVN will be lifting up dive of the season trophy! :mrgreen:

The Treble!?!? With one good centre back (who is a cheating b*stard for the record)? Should be interesting Pele.

hutch said:
Zico said:
hutch said:

The Treble!?!? With one good centre back (who is a cheating b*stard for the record)? Should be interesting Pele.

But you don't need defenders as Real Madrid have proved over the past couple of seasons.

Zico said:
hutch said:
Zico said:
hutch said:

But you don't need defenders as Real Madrid have proved over the past couple of seasons.

Shame you don't have the attackers then.

congrats on the modship zico, only jus noticed, fd missed the boat i guess?

loz said:
congrats on the modship zico, only jus noticed, fd missed the boat i guess?

Thanks mate!

Thats you safe from a banning then. ;)

Why didnt Arsenal try and get Fabricio Coloccini on loan from Milan ? They need central defence cover, and he'd be the perfect option. He'd had good seasons at Alaves and Atletico and it was obvious that Milan were going to loan him out again. He'd have probably picked Arsenal over Valladolid or wherever it was he went had they expressed an interest in him.

cfdh_edmundo said:
Why didnt Arsenal try and get Fabricio Coloccini on loan from Milan ? They need central defence cover, and he'd be the perfect option. He'd had good seasons at Alaves and Atletico and it was obvious that Milan were going to loan him out again. He'd have probably picked Arsenal over Valladolid or wherever it was he went had they expressed an interest in him.

Yeah that would have been a good signing that.

I seen today that we signed this Spanish 16 year-old from under the noses of Barca on a six year contract. His name is Cesc Fabregas. Good to see were building for the future. :)

Yes, good to see you are building for future yes. But i really think that you should be more concerned with the moment and securing good players ready for the first team NOW.

Outside of the Campbell, Viera, Pires & Henry your team looks thin on world class talent and needs strengthening. Why he doesn't introduce Pennant at the expense of Parlour is crazy.
Pennant is the future and if he sold Parlour he could raise about £3/4M to bring in another young up and coming player to take a chance on.

DeRo said:
Yes, good to see you are building for future yes. But i really think that you should be more concerned with the moment and securing good players ready for the first team NOW.

Outside of the Campbell, Viera, Pires & Henry your team looks thin on world class talent and needs strengthening. Why he doesn't introduce Pennant at the expense of Parlour is crazy.
Pennant is the future and if he sold Parlour he could raise about £3/4M to bring in another young up and coming player to take a chance on.

Some good points there.

Well im hoping Pennant plays brilliant for Leeds so he can show Wenger what he can do.

Zico said:
DeRo said:

Some good points there.

Well im hoping Pennant plays brilliant for Leeds so he can show Wenger what he can do.

Didnt this happen before with Upson and Whinger sold him, people talk about him being smart but in all the years he's been there he still hasnt built a team that can carry on after he's gone, he's failed to bring in any youth and he only buys french players that will leave when he does.

Vann - you just back up my earlier postings on Wenger and realise that Wenger is not the all great seeing coach he is portrayed to be. He is as loyal the Arsenal old guard as was George Graham and Bruce Rioch before him.

Just think of the english players he has signed and done nothing with: Pennant / Richard Wright / Matthew Upson / Francis Jeffers all of whom i guarantee will be (and are) England internationals.

LMAO

Wenger is BY FAR the best purchaser of players...end of argument! But not all players are suited to the way ARSENAL play.

Secondly...only 4 world class players eh? That's 4 more than most other teams! But let's look closer shall we? Lehmann, Wiltord, Silva, Freddy & Cole are all world class players too. Also, we have 4 great young players who are on the verge of first team this year that may well go onto being world class, and a few to follow through after that...there is a flow coming through - but the team itself is quite young still, the oldest regular (other than the keeper & Bergy) is 28!

As for Pennant, he will get his chance - I am sure of that, but Upson wanted out - he could have been playing with Campbell by now if he stayed & be a perm England first choice, Wright has gone on to be above average & Jeffers has been almost permanently injured.

We don't NEED another centre half - tho one would be nice, we have Campbell, Keown, Cygan, Toure, Senderos all to contest 2 places! Then there is no number 6...YET!

English_Bloke said:

Is this the swiss kid?? Heard he's the business....

He's good a taking unknowns and making them full internationals but like I said in all his time there the youth policy has been non-existent up unitl now......

English_Bloke said:
LMAO

Wenger is BY FAR the best purchaser of players...end of argument! But not all players are suited to the way ARSENAL play.

Secondly...only 4 world class players eh? That's 4 more than most other teams! But let's look closer shall we? Lehmann, Wiltord, Silva, Freddy & Cole are all world class players too. Also, we have 4 great young players who are on the verge of first team this year that may well go onto being world class, and a few to follow through after that...there is a flow coming through - but the team itself is quite young still, the oldest regular (other than the keeper & Bergy) is 28!

As for Pennant, he will get his chance - I am sure of that, but Upson wanted out - he could have been playing with Campbell by now if he stayed & be a perm England first choice, Wright has gone on to be above average & Jeffers has been almost permanently injured.

We don't NEED another centre half - tho one would be nice, we have Campbell, Keown, Cygan, Toure, Senderos all to contest 2 places! Then there is no number 6...YET!

Agree with everything you say there mate.

I don't know why people are writting us off for the title this year.

Zico said:
Because Man Utd beat you without Veron and Beckham, and the only goal you scored was a FK their keeper should have saved. Add to that you got a player sent off and somehow another was only booked for booting an opponent and it doesn't bode well.

Arsenal will be up there come the end of the season, I dunno who's "writting" you off but Man Utd are favourites.

ClassicD said:
Zico said:
Because Man Utd beat you without Veron and Beckham, and the only goal you scored was a FK their keeper should have saved. Add to that you got a player sent off and somehow another was only booked for booting an opponent and it doesn't bode well.

Arsenal will be up there come the end of the season, I dunno who's "writting" you off but Man Utd are favourites.

C'mon you can't take anything from a fooking kick-about FFS. The difference between Arsenal and Man Utd are the officials. :mrgreen:

Zico said:
ClassicD said:
Zico said:

C'mon you can't take anything from a fooking kick-about FFS. The difference between Arsenal and Man Utd are the officials. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah I forgot that arsenal had two offside goals allowed against us at Highbury last season, one that was miles offside FFS....

C'mon zico your argument has got holes bigger than a Campbell-les defence, give it up mate. if they are so great then they'd be Champions :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom