Army Of Two

Anyone looking to trade this yet?

I fancy having a go, but dont wanna pay cash for it as I'm moving soon :D

Got an ad up on AVF is anyone is interested or PM me :)

Rang around EIGHT shops today, still not in stock ANYWHERE. What the fuck?

Blockbuster have got one to rent though, that'll have to do me.

Played this for 30 minutes in Game today on my lunch. What a pile of poo - it feels like a poor man's GoW.

As I rang, she said she had it in. I put the phone down, went to pick it up, and it's gone. She wouldn't let me reserve it.

ARGHHH, why can't they put up demos any more?! Fuck's sake!!

when was the last time a demo was out on live?

it was Frontlines weeks ago wasnt it?

they need to pull there fingers out there arses. They are only doing it becuase standard games are coming out and testing em would be bad for business

As I rang, she said she had it in. I put the phone down, went to pick it up, and it's gone. She wouldn't let me reserve it.

ARGHHH, why can't they put up demos any more?! Fuck's sake!!

Jack, seriously, it's crap. Three of my friends have bought it and were playing it last night so I asked them what it's like:

"Mike, don't bother. It's average at best."

Surely , it can't be any worse then Turok? My god, what a pathetic, hopeless and utterly shit attempt at a game...

I think Army of Two is one of them "Marmite" games. You'll either LOVE it or HATE it. I hate Marmite & I thought this was shite too.

Plan M has spoken, nobody else can now buy this game or they will face his almighty wrath

;))

:lol:

I love it when people get offended if you don't like a game they've bought. It's like your dissing their mum!

IT'S ONLY A GAME!

I love it when people get offended if you don't like a game they've bought. It's like your dissing their mum!

IT'S ONLY A GAME!

Because when you say it over and fucking over it pisses people off. And then your fucking bitch chirps up as well.

Yawn to this - RSV2 in 2 weeks! Woohoo! :)

I wouldn't bother Jack; there are far better games coming out this month. :)

Played this for 30 minutes in Game today on my lunch. What a pile of poo - it feels like a poor man's GoW.

Jack, seriously, it's crap. Three of my friends have bought it and were playing it last night so I asked them what it's like:

"Mike, don't bother. It's average at best."

I think Army of Two is one of them "Marmite" games. You'll either LOVE it or HATE it. I hate Marmite & I thought this was shite too.

IT'S ONLY A GAME!

I can kinda see where Jay is coming from, can't you?

Love how they region locked the online portion of the game, idiots.
Why the hell would they do that? Has this been done with any other game on 360 so far or is this a first? That is ridiculous.

Blockbuster have got it in to rent again today, which I have now reserved (thanks for not letting me do that yesterday, bitch). So you'll have one more intelligent person's opinion tonight. ;)

Shock horror, I really like it... In co-op at least, don't know if it would be worth playing in single-player but the co-op is really, really good. It's buggy in places and sluggish to react, you can tell it's a rush-job (when you walk up to someone and try and melee-attack them, you see the best example of this; half the time you just freeze and then they kill you). But overall it's better than Kane & Lynch, and if you can get it cheaper than the RRP then it's a great little game.

Pimping your weapons up is fantastic, you start off with a crap gun and when you upgrade to something better it's literally like a different game. It makes that "sluggish" feeling a lot better, so perhaps when you can get all of the kit (better armour, the $175,000 guns etc.) it becomes a lot better again. Rather than taking 20 shots to kill someone you can halve it, rather than having to reload every five seconds you can make it last longer by buying a larger barrel add-on, etc. I like that, makes it more personal.

Really enjoying it though, gotta say! It is a poor man's Gear Of War, no question (in-fact I can see a court-case if the Gears Of War guys have the bollocks to go for it - the blood on the screen happens when there's a melee-hit, as in Gears Of War, when you clear all the enemies on a level there's a loud "DONG", as in Gears Of War, you can cover in a system that very VERY closely replicates Gears Of War, the characters don't move around very freely but move more in a real-life motion such as in Gears Of War, I could go on)...

But sometimes rip-offs can be just as good, and certainly just as fun. If you have someone who you can play a co-op game with, it's great. If you just want to play on your own or online I'm sure it's not that good, in-fact I can see online play being Gears Of War all over again (i.e. a bunch of kids or supernerds who give you no chance of scoring a point whatsoever). But with a mate it's a lot of fun.

Did you rent/buy and 360 or PS3?

I've got ads up on a couple of sites looking for trades of it. Want it on PS3 really as I am feeling that console at the moment over the 360!

I'm trading in FIFA on the 360. Never known a game go from Hero to Zero like it! Very odd, but it just frustrates the hell out of me and when WE2008 on PSP is more entertaining then there is something wrong.

Anyway, I digress! I have been playing GoW over the last few days (damn, you forget how great that game is) to get an Army of Two feeling.

Have you tried online co-op or offline?

Shock horror, I really like it... In co-op at least, don't know if it would be worth playing in single-player but the co-op is really, really good. It's buggy in places and sluggish to react, you can tell it's a rush-job (when you walk up to someone and try and melee-attack them, you see the best example of this; half the time you just freeze and then they kill you). But overall it's better than Kane & Lynch, and if you can get it cheaper than the RRP then it's a great little game.

Pimping your weapons up is fantastic, you start off with a crap gun and when you upgrade to something better it's literally like a different game. It makes that "sluggish" feeling a lot better, so perhaps when you can get all of the kit (better armour, the $175,000 guns etc.) it becomes a lot better again. Rather than taking 20 shots to kill someone you can halve it, rather than having to reload every five seconds you can make it last longer by buying a larger barrel add-on, etc. I like that, makes it more personal.

Really enjoying it though, gotta say! It is a poor man's Gear Of War, no question (in-fact I can see a court-case if the Gears Of War guys have the bollocks to go for it - the blood on the screen happens when there's a melee-hit, as in Gears Of War, when you clear all the enemies on a level there's a loud "DONG", as in Gears Of War, you can cover in a system that very VERY closely replicates Gears Of War, the characters don't move around very freely but move more in a real-life motion such as in Gears Of War, I could go on)...

But sometimes rip-offs can be just as good, and certainly just as fun. If you have someone who you can play a co-op game with, it's great. If you just want to play on your own or online I'm sure it's not that good, in-fact I can see online play being Gears Of War all over again (i.e. a bunch of kids or supernerds who give you no chance of scoring a point whatsoever). But with a mate it's a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom