Army Of Two

I am really looking forward to it mate. From what I have seen and heard so far I am impressed

They had a preview on Gamer TV and they mentioned and showed something about player 1 making a lot of noise to distract the enemy which will turn him bright red and player 2 will become invisible

it was the first id seen about that and it seemed really stupid if it is the core gameplay.

Yeah, I feel the same about the player glowing red. It seems very unrealistic and looks like it has potential to ruin the gameplay fun for me.

I have reserved a copy of this game just to make sure, however I won't hesitate to cancel if the game's gameplay turns out to be poor with silly gimmicks.

The graphics don't look that great in my opinion, but if the gameplay is superb, it won't matter. This game has been in the works for quite sometime and so I'm sure the Devs have managed to put together a nice game. Let's all hope..

The game that is looking nice with Gears of Wars similarities is Dark Sector.

Keeping my eye on this one.

I saw some older videos of this and thought it looked like complete and utter garbage, didn't see any redeeming qualities in there or anything at all interesting or original, maybe I'm missing something? :)

There's an article in this month's PSM3 about it - last month they played what they were told was final code, and said it was very frustrating, mentioning that from literally the first level it was horribly bug-ridden and that vehicles in-particular were stupidly annoying.

This month they've said EA have read their article and have made a lot of changes - vehicles have now been removed entirely from gameplay and AI is being tuned all-round. They reckon it's looking a lot better now.

I'm looking forward to it a lot, especially with the idea of co-op play, but it's one of those games that could just as likely be utter shite as it could be brilliant.

It can't be worse than Kane & Lynch tho? It's a local co-op game so I'll have a look :)

:lol: Even my jinxes can't make it worse I reckon. K&L was okay in co-op to be fair. Not the best game in the world but it was playable.

Yeah i hope its a good version of kane and lynch. I have never been so angry at completing a game ever. Shocking game.

Ok, here's a stupid question for you guys.

Can someone please explain to me what "Local Co-Op vs regular Co-op" mean?
"Local co-op" = you and a friend, sitting in the same room together

"Co-op" on its own (A.K.A. "normal co-op" A.K.A. "online co-op") = you and a friend on seperate consoles via the internet

I thought that, but according to PSM they were awful. Handled like shit and caused major issues. They don't want to hold the game back for six months (this is €A we're talking about here), so they've just took them out entirely to speed it up.

How the hell did EA mess up the handling of vehicles?

Army of 2 Dev: Hey burnout and NFS boys... have a butchers at this

Burnout & NFS Devs: That's crap... here this is how you do it

Fixed (although apparently they're cockneys)

They don't want to hold the game back for six months (this is €A we're talking about here)

They have already delayed its release, it was meant to come out last Oct/Nov, and the fact was most gaming sites had reviewed the game, not favourably in most cases. Whoever was in charge went, ok, can you make this better with more time? They said yes, and thus it was pulled from the release schedules.

Sunday Mornings on Bravo at 11, with GamerTV Extra at 1130 I think, sometime around then, GamerTV is repeated on a Saturday about the same time. Also, Frontlines got a 9 from them as well to compare to Army of Two.

I seen that review too Holio, looks pretty good from the review. I'll probably pick this up along with Bully :)

I aint sure about it, tis not a must play in my list yet, esp seeing it's only 2v2 on MP, mind you, bar 5v5 on FIFA, we rarely manage to get more than 4 on a game of anything on Evo Web.

Back
Top Bottom