Are PES2008 slowdown issues and framerate drop T.V specific ? I think so.

Re: Is PES2008 slowdown issues and framerate drop T.V specific ? I think so.

with High Def tvs it seems that is is down to your refresh rate as to how much slowdown you get, the quicker the refresh rate the less slowdown you get. Sony and Panasonic HD tvs have a high refresh rate, not sure about the refresh rate on other brands.

When you say install to hard drive do you mean via the game's system settings > install option.
Can you please explain what this is actually doing. It doesnt seem to install the whole game as it seems you still need to insert the disc - in which case, whats the advantage of doing it?

Yes that's what I mean. As someone studying a degree in computing, I'd guess that it's taking advantage of the fact that the ps3 most likely has quicker data access rates to the cache of the hard disk drive than it does to the blue ray disks. Therefore, say all it does is copy the faces of all the players across (I'm sure it does different stuff but just as an example) then when the game runs it will take less time loading facial models because it accesses them via the hard disk not the blue ray. So there's more computational time for other stuff, end result less slowdown.

As a side note it copies nearly 2gb across. My guess is that's all the game minus some piracy checking off the disk.

the ps3 version of PES2008 is around 16Gig on the disk.

i got my pes2008 y'day i play on a normal samsung tv not a a hd plama/lcd

[ i did have a sony bravia but it broke an i had three diff replacments for it which all fcked up whilst playin pse... ino i sony t.v and sony ps3 compatiblity issuse ????? ....anyway]

an run it at 576pi an it runs very smoothley, its a little jerky on the online play but nothing to worry about an i think thats due to net connection n e way hope u guys get urs sorted

I started the game and for a laugh went straight to the Bernebeau and had all the stadium effects ON. Don't really see what the fuss is about, granted there is a bit of slowdown on wide, but I don't need to use wide anymore ocnsidering we can now play in widescreen.

After I installed in to the hard drive, the slight slowdown was gone. Mine is running perfectly.

26" LCD tv - 720p

I started the game and for a laugh went straight to the Bernebeau and had all the stadium effects ON. Don't really see what the fuss is about, granted there is a bit of slowdown on wide, but I don't need to use wide anymore ocnsidering we can now play in widescreen.

After I installed in to the hard drive, the slight slowdown was gone. Mine is running perfectly.

26" LCD tv - 720p

Now that just adds to the mix as I use Normal Long and the jerky movements were very evident.

What make is your telly?

Has anyone tried playing with the 'Screen Adjust' option?

Does zooming in or out make any difference???

I Have " LCD " 22 / 578p /PS3 /PES 2008 .
I Have install the game on HDD PS3 .
Impossible for me with my TV to have the game in 720p because i have 4:3 TV .

The game slowdown is horrible .

I make a call to konami france and he say to me : it's better with hdmi ^^ looooooooooool !!!!!!!!

I don't have TV HD B****H

xD

Hmm...I just disabled my inet connection and media servers...now the FPS issue is literally almost gone.

Yes that's what I mean. As someone studying a degree in computing, I'd guess that it's taking advantage of the fact that the ps3 most likely has quicker data access rates to the cache of the hard disk drive than it does to the blue ray disks. Therefore, say all it does is copy the faces of all the players across (I'm sure it does different stuff but just as an example) then when the game runs it will take less time loading facial models because it accesses them via the hard disk not the blue ray. So there's more computational time for other stuff, end result less slowdown.

As a side note it copies nearly 2gb across. My guess is that's all the game minus some piracy checking off the disk.

Thanks - makes sense

I've got Samsung 40' 1080p and I'm yet to see any slowdown?!!!

tried with and without installing!

I'm loving this game.....

if i install the game to my boys ps3 will i also be able to install it on my own one when i get it...... also same thing with the online code..... i dont want to mess it up as i'm going to get my own ps3 in few weeks to stop us fighting over it

if i install the game to my boys ps3 will i also be able to install it on my own one when i get it...... also same thing with the online code..... i dont want to mess it up as i'm going to get my own ps3 in few weeks to stop us fighting over it

yeah but you will need the disk when you play it still so you will not be able to play on both at the same time.

thanks just wanted to check cause i'll delete it from his when i get mine as he never bothers with footie games.......... weirdo hahahaha

Thanks to all that have left the details of their T.V.s and connections, it certainly helps to show what works and what doesnt.

I've just nipped out from work and bought myself a Component cable for my PS3 so will give that a go tonight and see what difference it makes if any.

I'll report my finding's, hopefully its a happy one, especially after spending over £400 now just for this freakin game !! Arrgghh !!

More fool me :0(

Thanks to all that have left the details of their T.V.s and connections, it certainly helps to show what works and what doesnt.

I've just nipped out from work and bought myself a Component cable for my PS3 so will give that a go tonight and see what difference it makes if any.

I'll report my finding's, hopefully its a happy one, especially after spending over £400 now just for this freakin game !! Arrgghh !!

More fool me :0(

Looking forward to your findings JGF!!!!

the playstation wont upscale resolutions. it automatically changes to the resolution the game is designed for. on my tv it tells me what hd resolution the channel is in, when i start the ps3 up it says 1080p, when the game starts it changes to 720p.

dont bother changing resolution in ps3 menu

konami release another lazy effort game, yet were all hunting about looking at tv settings :rolleyes:

konami release another lazy effort game, yet were all hunting about looking at tv settings :rolleyes:

I know, its a fucking joke, but what can you do ? They have us by the 'Mitre Delta's' :0(

I'm really starting to get pissed of with the jittering during the replays!

I also happens slightly during the gameplay.

Do you need a HD TV to get it running 100% smooth?

mate has pes08 on ps3... running it on 1080p 42" lcd sharp tv...

no slow-down or framerate dropping issues at all... plays like my 360 version

mate has pes08 on ps3... running it on 1080p 42" lcd sharp tv...

no slow-down or framerate dropping issues at all... plays like my 360 version

you cant play it at 1080p, the playstation automatically switches it to its native resolution of 720p

I have HD TV and it doesn't run 100% smoothly. Not even near of it.

No mate, u need an Xbox 360 ;) (and it hurts to say that lol)

I'm using a standard PS3, with the latest firmware, and i'm having horrendous problems. I've tried it on all 4 tellys in our house, 1 HD the rest stadard old fat tv's, and they are all different. The HD tv was ok, but pretty poor, the others; 2 were better in terms of less slowdown, 1(our PS3 telly) was shocking, the game ran virtually in slow mo, and the visual effects were poor, the frames seem to skip ahead. Strangely our cheap portable seemed to handle it far better than the rest.

The nightmares continue to get worse :0(

I bought my new PS3 Component cable today, hoping it would resolve my problem in the same way it did my PS2, only to realise when I got home I already had one, as the connection is the same on the PS3 as it is on the PS2. I didnt even bother to check as I assumed, that they would have changed it to gain more cash out of us like they usually do.

When I got in the house I realised I'd given the PS3 to my son to use for the day, so off I went 20 mins to his Mam's house to pick it up. After a 40 minute round trip I finally got home to give it a whirl.

I set up the Component cable on the settings of the PS3 and inserted the PES2008 disk praying for the best.

Guess what ?

Nope, worse than that ...........

The PS3 had packed up !!! It wouldnt and still refuses to read a fucking disc !! Arrghhh !!

13 days and its broke already, even my Xbox 360 lasted longer than that !!!

So it will be going back after work to Game and replaced on the spot, and I wont be leaving the shop until it is, and I've blagged my free PES2008 Gamerguide and DVD. ;0)

I'm also gonna trade a couple of games I hate and get PES2008 on the 360. My good mate, and fellow PES nut bought it today and was very impressed, a little quick but he said a million times better than the PS3 version he played last night around mine with severe slowdown. I'm not keen on the Xbox360 pad and would only ever play it on the PS2 these days, but I'm gonna give it a whirl anyway, its not like I'm shelling out any cash for it anyway, and he said he also played online with zero lag.

Will let you know how the Component Cable worked tomorrow.

Adios

I'm using component on Sony 22 inch 'fat' TV. Slowdown is awful, in game and replays.

I have 32 LCD but something wrong from the game ?? slowly !!

misstake from konami not from our PS3 or TVS

slowly gameplay from konami

Back
Top Bottom