Am I the only happy PS3 owner

komp

Sucked In
26 October 2007
Hey folks.

Ive been reading / hearing about issues for a while now in PES but I can honestly say I am not seeing these. OK well a small amount of jerky online games but when I use the lagometer for what it is there for then I see no issues. I dont really care for replays.

I have changed nothing in the PS3 settings, the output is 720P for the game. I also installed to disk as BR is slower read times than a DVD.

Ive add the OF 1.0 for the Barclays Prem and Im simply loving this game.

Come on happy folks, sing a happy song.

I think over hyped expectation has caused a few probs.

You know that song by rihanna and Ne-yo Hate that I love you? That appeals to a lot to the people on this forum!
I'm loving it, if my darn PS3 worked. For sum reason it has stopped reading the disc, or any discs for that matter, :(.

today i bought the ps3 version and it´s waaay more laggy (offline) than pc version. - bullshit. i´m really pissed. waiting for the patch.

I'm enjoying the gameplay without a doubt, some of the flowing football I've produced has been amazing. If you can ignore the lack of editing and prem licenses (which is a fair bit to ignore) it's a great game.

Online needs to sort itself out and the ability to change all the stadiums would be good as some are more laggy on/offline than others. But the game can't be edited to get rid of the laggy stadiums.

The game is really good. I really can't agree with all the people who says that the game is "unplayable".
The game hasn't any fps issues for me, only on the cinematic animations, but even then it's not so bad.
The gaming is really good, and I'm really happy that I took PES instead of FIFA.

Played a few games, and as far as gameplay goes - I'm loving it.
Music is really bad - made me laugh out loud at one point!
Framerate is poor but not gamebreaking on replays, and cutscenes.
The stadium you choose looks to be a factor. Seen tearing on Bernabau not other stadiums I've played in yet.
Been online twice - first time was laggy but playable, second time was ranked and had a lot of lag, but I think a patch could make it bearable, but it worries me because accuracy and split-second movements can be the deciding factor with PES.
Overall I'm playing the game with a smile on my face and enjoying it.
I'm not quite ready to trade up and get the 360 version, but time will tell.

I'm loving it!! Just a little annoyed about the framerate - although i'm learning to avoid certain stadiums...
Anyone know what the deal is with this (alleged) patch from Konami??

no fella i am loving this game no slowdown in gameplay only in replays and i ain't bothered with that, only disapointment is the online side but hey konami are looking to sort this just hope this is sooner rather than later.

i like the gameplay but the editing is a waste of space, it suppose to b next gen so y has it lost so many things the last pes had

the editing is jus shit

I personally consider the console difference and that is why my expectations were so high. PS3's capacity is much higher than PS2 but Konami could not make it. This is not a next gen game. Online or offline from every angle this is technically a Ps2 game unfortunately

You know that song by rihanna and Ne-yo Hate that I love you? That appeals to a lot to the people on this forum!
I'm loving it, if my darn PS3 worked. For sum reason it has stopped reading the disc, or any discs for that matter, :(.

hey this has happened to me aswell do you know whats caused it or have you sorted it yet?

i love the matches, the rest leaves a little to be desired. i just wish the full backs were a bit smarter. That through pass down the line gets them everytime.

Hey folks.

Ive been reading / hearing about issues for a while now in PES but I can honestly say I am not seeing these. OK well a small amount of jerky online games but when I use the lagometer for what it is there for then I see no issues. I dont really care for replays.

I have changed nothing in the PS3 settings, the output is 720P for the game. I also installed to disk as BR is slower read times than a DVD.

:applause:

I totally agree with you.... its a fantastic game.

I mean come on guys:
- Its the first PS3 PES game.... its not gonna be perfect. Remember the first PS2 version?
- The framerate issues are only visible in replays/cinematic scenes which WE ALL will eventually skip in the near future, but the playability is smooth-city with some barely visible screen tearing
- The crash thing only happens when the store is simultaneously downloading content... and I bet this will be fixed eventually
- The keepers in my opinion are fantastic compared to PES6... and hey... they can easily be booked now!
- The quick restart thingy is just amazing (although it rarely happens)
- IMO on-line gaming grows on you. PES2008 has a different 'server engine' compared to PES6. If you're in possession of the ball... you're the server, and that makes much more sense compared to the half hosting & half lag thing in PES6.
- Menus, Music & Commentary is a huge step up

and before I finish here's what Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka had to say regarding the PS3 version:
This is the first Pro Evolution Soccer on PS3 - are you pleased with what you've achieved and how do you see the series evolving on PS3?

Seabass: Well I'm satisfied in that in the time frame we had, we were able to finish the code and release it on time, but that's only really within that time frame. When I look at the capacity of what the PS3 can do, I feel very strongly that there's loads of things that I wanted to do, but I couldn't do them in this version.

As to the future, well it's not just about PS3 actually, but it's more about the mentality of the development team and I want to change the mentality of the team to be renewed and changed to focus on all next-gen platforms. We've already started operations on this.

This year's next gen versions still seem very much based on the PS2 version of the game. Will we see a big overhaul in graphics and game engine over the next couple of years in the next gen versions?

Seabass: Well I can already promise you that next year's version of PES will have a lot more new features as you would expect because we're already working on these new things right now. With the release of the PS3 we now have all the basics of the next gen at a starting stage finally. Now I don't have to worry about creating the basic parts of the next gen versions for next year, meaning I have already been able to start working on new features. Now I'm able to promise new things and a complete overhaul in every aspect.

When you compare 360 and PS3 versions of PES, which do you think is the better version in terms of control?

Seabass: Well firstly there's absolutely no difference in terms of the code between the PS3 and 360 versions. If you're asking about the controller I can only give you my personal opinion. I am really bad at using the 360 controller and I make a lot more missed passes and mistakes using the 360 controller, so I like the PS3 controller more. However a lot of my friends prefer the 360 controller so it's really personal preference, but there's absolutely no difference in the code between the two versions.

also bear in mind that PS3 developing is a lot harder compared to other platforms and takes a lot of time to master it, luckily enough... Konami did a great job. So guys.... stop complaining, be nice and respect Konami's exceptional work and START liking it because the future PS3 versions will eventually be the killing title above all other platforms.

Just giving my two cents.

hey this has happened to me aswell do you know whats caused it or have you sorted it yet?

Nope, still haven't found out what it is, I was hoping it would have been discussed here by someone who knows how to solve it. Luckily,it is still under warranty so I can get it sorted.

I bought Pes2008 and Ps3 for 309 ponds and with an controller and i can tell the first two gamer were shit, rubbish and after i liked to play it, but the only problem is that i cant play online and its saying that i have to unable port udp 5730
but i dont how and i also have talktalk connection.

Can someone help cuz i wanna use my talent to be number best of the world..

Hey folks.

so because your one of a handfull who can acctualy play the game almost fine you think the tens of thousands of other people around the world are all full of shite :applause:

I play through a projector and thats fine. My mate bought it yesterday and plays on a bog standard 32" widescreen tv no HD or that fancy shite and it plays fine.

If i hadnt read some comments on forums i wouldnt know about them........but i appreciate there must me many hacked off ps3 owners who like me bought a ps3 for GTA, PES and Raw vs Smackdown...... i wish you guys the best of luck and hopefully konai will get their fingers out and sort it for you!!!!

I have read about changing display in settings to 720 or something does that work for you at all?

The game is really good. I really can't agree with all the people who says that the game is "unplayable".
The game hasn't any fps issues for me, only on the cinematic animations, but even then it's not so bad.
The gaming is really good, and I'm really happy that I took PES instead of FIFA.

Unplayable on Standard TV or LCD standar whithout HD & Hdmi cable .
I played With same ps3 and same pes2008 with HD TV & the game is playable !

ive played it solid for the past two days and iam very dissapointed there is so many options missing from the game the main one being you cant even choose your kits before the game in all league, master league and cup games. you can only pick your kit in a friendly game i mean for fucks sake i was liverpool playing away against ajax in a semi final we both had white kits on. as for the gameplay it just doesnt do it for me it just doesnt feel like pro i could sit here all day and list all the other shit things about the game but im just so gutted for the first time in years i will not be enjoying this years game konami have defo rushed this game out and it is a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom