1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Am I the only happy PS3 owner

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by komp, 27 October 2007.

1. komp

komp Sucked In

26 October 2007
    Hey folks.

Ive been reading / hearing about issues for a while now in PES but I can honestly say I am not seeing these. OK well a small amount of jerky online games but when I use the lagometer for what it is there for then I see no issues. I dont really care for replays.

I have changed nothing in the PS3 settings, the output is 720P for the game. I also installed to disk as BR is slower read times than a DVD.

Ive add the OF 1.0 for the Barclays Prem and Im simply loving this game.

Come on happy folks, sing a happy song.

I think over hyped expectation has caused a few probs.

2. BulletTheory05

BulletTheory05 Kopite 4 Ever

16 April 2006
    Liverpool, UK
    Liverpool FC
    I'm enjoying it too tbh

The keepers still irritate me slightly though!

I haven't had no real problems with slowdown myself either

3. umarnino

umarnino Non-League

19 May 2007
    London
    Arsenal
    You know that song by rihanna and Ne-yo Hate that I love you? That appeals to a lot to the people on this forum!
    I'm loving it, if my darn PS3 worked. For sum reason it has stopped reading the disc, or any discs for that matter, :(.

4. seppovich

seppovich Peslover

18 November 2003
    D - NRW
    BVB
    today i bought the ps3 version and it´s waaay more laggy (offline) than pc version. - bullshit. i´m really pissed. waiting for the patch.

5. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    I'm enjoying the gameplay without a doubt, some of the flowing football I've produced has been amazing. If you can ignore the lack of editing and prem licenses (which is a fair bit to ignore) it's a great game.

Online needs to sort itself out and the ability to change all the stadiums would be good as some are more laggy on/offline than others. But the game can't be edited to get rid of the laggy stadiums.

6. snakepituk

snakepituk Non-League

26 October 2007
    i'm loving it. just took some getting used to after pro 6

7. seppovich

seppovich Peslover

18 November 2003
    D - NRW
    BVB
    i like the gameplay, too.
    but on the ps3 (especially in replays) the game is not fluid...

8. Rammstone

Rammstone League 2

6 June 2005
    Norway
    Blackburn
    You're not alone. I'm loving it :)

9. cyberskull

cyberskull League 2

6 March 2004
    ehhe Im loving it too =) But im waiting for the patch... Little slowdowsn and lag online is not the best thing...

10. SagiB

SagiB =][=

3 August 2005
    Netanya, Israel
    F.C Maccabi Netanya
    The game is really good. I really can't agree with all the people who says that the game is "unplayable".
    The game hasn't any fps issues for me, only on the cinematic animations, but even then it's not so bad.
    The gaming is really good, and I'm really happy that I took PES instead of FIFA.

11. XilverNinja

XilverNinja Non-League

25 October 2007
    Kirkcaldy
    Rangers
    Played a few games, and as far as gameplay goes - I'm loving it.
    Music is really bad - made me laugh out loud at one point!
    Framerate is poor but not gamebreaking on replays, and cutscenes.
    The stadium you choose looks to be a factor. Seen tearing on Bernabau not other stadiums I've played in yet.
    Been online twice - first time was laggy but playable, second time was ranked and had a lot of lag, but I think a patch could make it bearable, but it worries me because accuracy and split-second movements can be the deciding factor with PES.
    Overall I'm playing the game with a smile on my face and enjoying it.
    I'm not quite ready to trade up and get the 360 version, but time will tell.

12. Junka

Junka i hail from ISS time

9 November 2004
    Holland
    ROSSONERI
    i love it on PS3:)

13. snickers12

snickers12 League 2

6 March 2007
    I'm loving it!! Just a little annoyed about the framerate - although i'm learning to avoid certain stadiums...
    Anyone know what the deal is with this (alleged) patch from Konami??

14. d_grundy1981

d_grundy1981 Bingo81

14 February 2006
    no fella i am loving this game no slowdown in gameplay only in replays and i ain't bothered with that, only disapointment is the online side but hey konami are looking to sort this just hope this is sooner rather than later.

15. dan723

dan723 Non-League

15 October 2006
    i like the gameplay but the editing is a waste of space, it suppose to b next gen so y has it lost so many things the last pes had

the editing is jus shit

16. zortex

zortex League 2

13 August 2003
    I personally consider the console difference and that is why my expectations were so high. PS3's capacity is much higher than PS2 but Konami could not make it. This is not a next gen game. Online or offline from every angle this is technically a Ps2 game unfortunately

17. sanecrazed

sanecrazed Non-League

27 October 2007
    hey this has happened to me aswell do you know whats caused it or have you sorted it yet?

18. Mark1981470

Mark1981470 Conference

4 May 2005
    i love the matches, the rest leaves a little to be desired. i just wish the full backs were a bit smarter. That through pass down the line gets them everytime.

19. jakeellis01

jakeellis01 Today Is Another Bad Day

2 November 2006
    Malta
    Barca
    :applause:

I totally agree with you.... its a fantastic game.

I mean come on guys:
    - Its the first PS3 PES game.... its not gonna be perfect. Remember the first PS2 version?
    - The framerate issues are only visible in replays/cinematic scenes which WE ALL will eventually skip in the near future, but the playability is smooth-city with some barely visible screen tearing
    - The crash thing only happens when the store is simultaneously downloading content... and I bet this will be fixed eventually
    - The keepers in my opinion are fantastic compared to PES6... and hey... they can easily be booked now!
    - The quick restart thingy is just amazing (although it rarely happens)
    - IMO on-line gaming grows on you. PES2008 has a different 'server engine' compared to PES6. If you're in possession of the ball... you're the server, and that makes much more sense compared to the half hosting & half lag thing in PES6.
    - Menus, Music & Commentary is a huge step up

and before I finish here's what Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka had to say regarding the PS3 version:
    also bear in mind that PS3 developing is a lot harder compared to other platforms and takes a lot of time to master it, luckily enough... Konami did a great job. So guys.... stop complaining, be nice and respect Konami's exceptional work and START liking it because the future PS3 versions will eventually be the killing title above all other platforms.

Just giving my two cents.

20. umarnino

umarnino Non-League

19 May 2007
    London
    Arsenal
    Nope, still haven't found out what it is, I was hoping it would have been discussed here by someone who knows how to solve it. Luckily,it is still under warranty so I can get it sorted.

21. Uniqu3---89

Uniqu3---89 Oh Ye

7 July 2007
    Malta
    Manchester United
    I LOVE IT ON THE PS3 OFCORZ!!

22. pes2008

pes2008 Conference

29 June 2007
    I bought Pes2008 and Ps3 for 309 ponds and with an controller and i can tell the first two gamer were shit, rubbish and after i liked to play it, but the only problem is that i cant play online and its saying that i have to unable port udp 5730
    but i dont how and i also have talktalk connection.

Can someone help cuz i wanna use my talent to be number best of the world..

23. ZiqXx

ZiqXx Non-League

11 August 2005
    What are the best stadiums to play on to avoid lag ?

24. pes2008

pes2008 Conference

29 June 2007
    I never seen an lag only on replays and i have an fat Phillips tv

25. TUFFLUCK69

TUFFLUCK69 Non-League

22 October 2007
    so because your one of a handfull who can acctualy play the game almost fine you think the tens of thousands of other people around the world are all full of shite :applause:

26. john_branes

john_branes Non-League

20 April 2005
    I play through a projector and thats fine. My mate bought it yesterday and plays on a bog standard 32" widescreen tv no HD or that fancy shite and it plays fine.

If i hadnt read some comments on forums i wouldnt know about them........but i appreciate there must me many hacked off ps3 owners who like me bought a ps3 for GTA, PES and Raw vs Smackdown...... i wish you guys the best of luck and hopefully konai will get their fingers out and sort it for you!!!!

I have read about changing display in settings to 720 or something does that work for you at all?

27. shevyi

shevyi Conference

20 August 2004
    It's too damn fast!!!
    It's not a football simulation anymore, it's a nice game but really arcade.

28. cookie8

cookie8 Non-League

4 November 2006
    Its great...only had probs with replays...

29. RenzoLouis

RenzoLouis League 1

22 February 2004
    Paris
    Unplayable on Standard TV or LCD standar whithout HD & Hdmi cable .
    I played With same ps3 and same pes2008 with HD TV & the game is playable !

30. governor13

governor13 Non-League

19 October 2005
    ive played it solid for the past two days and iam very dissapointed there is so many options missing from the game the main one being you cant even choose your kits before the game in all league, master league and cup games. you can only pick your kit in a friendly game i mean for fucks sake i was liverpool playing away against ajax in a semi final we both had white kits on. as for the gameplay it just doesnt do it for me it just doesnt feel like pro i could sit here all day and list all the other shit things about the game but im just so gutted for the first time in years i will not be enjoying this years game konami have defo rushed this game out and it is a disgrace.