Album recommendations

Jack Bauer said:
Nobody likes The Subways? The singer just shouts but the songs... Well, beats the shit out of Arctic Monkeys anyway, IMHO.

I've just had a listen, and I'd have to agree with ya there. Good stuff

New Calexico: very good.
Best of from Massive Attack: great.

Recently i also bought best of albums of two fine French bands: Les Negresses Vertes and Mano Negra.

The new Calexico album is great, I've been listening to Bonnie Prince Billy + Matthew Sweeney - Superwolf recently and have to say it's a great album.

All Systems Red is a great song on the Calexico album.

Yes Badlandz, the album sounds like great fun, I have tickets for the Amsterdam gig.

photo.jpg

Belgian disco Thomasgoal...this record was made in Belgium by a Blegian producer...and with Madonna as dancer...which she denies now...

The Italo-Belgian guy who produced this record claimed that Madonna has stolen one of his songs in one of her successfull albums (Ray of light, the only one i like...)

Lucky me got tickets for his gig here. I also am going to see Okkervil River this weekend and The Decemberists next week. Looking forward to this shit!!

My recommendations for now are Godskitchen Classics (for all us Old Skool Trance & Dance Fans)

Other than that recently I got Gorillaz Demon Days which I think is good and Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers which is cool, especially Dani California that tune rocks.

DJ

Yup, most Godskitchen albums are mint!

I'm loving the new Ferry Corsten album L.E.F., he pronounces the style as "elektro-trance" and i'm a big fan so far :D "Beautiful" is the best track on it, living up to it's name.

The new Sonic Youth is excellent.

Anything by Fugazi is amazing.

And of course if you don't own Surfer Rosa and Doolittle by Pixies, please kill yourself now.

The Divine Comedy - Victory For The Comedy Muse

surely not everyone's taste, but this album is brilliant to me. loving all the tracks!

I'm still making my mind up about that one, A Lady Of A Certain Age is a great song, though, of that there is no doubt.

My recommendation is Johnny Cash - A Hundred Highways: American V

In line with his other excellent American albums.

Liberation Transmission - Lostprophets

I can't stop listening to it, it's really good.

oh and The Singles by Feeder, great compilation of their best stuff

listening to quite a few at moment

heres my faves of recent releases

Eyes Open - Snow Patrol - gets better with every listen

Primal Scream - Riot City Blues
Ray Lamontagne - Trouble
James Morrison - Undiscovered
Sufjan Stevens - The Avalanche

An album by a guy called Howe Gelb, he's from a band called Ginat Sand. It's an alt. country album with a gospel choir in the background. I love it

Great album Joost...
I think the Calexico guys were the rythm section of Giant Sand.
Howe Gelb organized i tribute album for a friend of his who played lapsteel and dobro for Giant Sand: Rainer Ptachek. You should buy it, it's great. Rainer's solo albums are great too...

It's not a new album, but The Shins - Chutes too Narrow is a fantastic summertime album.

Nouvelle vague are pretty good. got a women singer with a good voice. they play covers of post punk 80,s songs for all you old school indie fans.

Back
Top Bottom