AI Cheating in ML - I've had enough...

I haven't tried Master League yet, but I'm sure this applies to the whole AI cheating ethos... What's the deal with CPU free-kicks? Almost every one the opposition gets, they score!

Is there any way of defending against it? Put a player on the line?

I play with the Top Player setting.

I beat liverpool 8-0 with united and United 8-0 with chelsea

But my other games can be tight

Corners are WAAAAAAAY too easy to score and concede.

Free kicks nearly as bad

Computer is SHITE at finishing in open play

I've noticed a lot of corners and free kicks going in for the computer and i've witnessed some annoying marking from my team ai when im closing other people down but i thats all i've really been annoyed by. May be i'm too engrossed in the game to stop and think about situations. If they score im annoyed and i hammer restart to try to rectify the situation.

The computer seems to get a heck of a lot of the scrappy corner goals when i hardly get any. That really frustrates me the most!

I love snapping the computer players though. Best way to get over something dodgy for me. Just hope the ref isn't Red happy like a lot of them are now

alot of people bitching in here just up your game and beat the A.I everyone saying it too easy before, now its too hard what makes people happy easy or hard in my opinion i think the game being harder makes it better

I've played a World Cup with Sweden (4th), played a league with Atalanta (5th) and a now i'm playing a league with Sevilla Fc...i can remember 1 (ONE) free kick being scored against me...

The match with two goals in extra-time??? I guess lots of Bayern Munich fans who saw a certain match in Barcelona against a certain English team in an important match will think that day the AI was cheating too...

Oh and about "that assasins game"...this is deadly serious: i've read a couple of hands on previews in magazines...fantastic graphics but apparently the game sometimes is too difficult because the CPU opponents are too strong...

I'm currently building up a catalogue of flaws and cheats within the game, and at some unknown point in the future will record them all and put a big video together to prove that Konami are talking out of their ass when they say there is "no cheating".

cant wait to see it mate. the cheating is a joke!

what about when you go around the keeper but he makes you stumble meaning you slow down and the CPU defenders recover the ball. in the end you get no penalty and the GK gets away with no foul. that is fcuking annoying!!

Is the Ibrahimovic perfect balance cheat still in PES 2008? Look at this madness with GK..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxU009isceo

funny thing is some of my friends use to say the CPU does not cheat and i was being silly. but when I actually explained some examples they then start to realise that it does happen the the games they play.

Last edited:
I've played a World Cup with Sweden (4th), played a league with Atalanta (5th) and a now i'm playing a league with Sevilla Fc...i can remember 1 (ONE) free kick being scored against me...

The match with two goals in extra-time??? I guess lots of Bayern Munich fans who saw a certain match in Barcelona against a certain English team in an important match will think that day the AI was cheating too...

Oh and about "that assasins game"...this is deadly serious: i've read a couple of hands on previews in magazines...fantastic graphics but apparently the game sometimes is too difficult because the CPU opponents are too strong...

:lol: indeed the computer can score late goals without cheating.

yes sometimes the ai cheats. like that video above. but some things are just the opponent doing something you dont like......scoring for instance.

I think it is just the Teamvision system that is adapting to frustrate people. Im playing as Arsenal on ML and ive played 11 games, won 10 and drawn 1 only conceding 3 goals so far, and this is on Top Player difficulty.
I notice the new system adapting when I attack down a certain wing a couple of times with success, and also the computer seems to test the water with corners. If it successfully gets a header in from certain places, it continues adding men to the attack in the hope that it will benefit. Clever, but if you use the super cancel move you can position your player in the way (with a bit of practice) and get the clearing header in.
Ive used the training facility to practice different tactics from the formation screen, namebly using tactics to change your approach mid-game and it works brilliantly. You can taylor make your tactics depending on what type of team your playing against, so you can fight back against Teamvision.
Keep plugging away and you will find the results going your way \\:o/

I love pes2008 on PS2, even though the computer does cheat sometimes and it gets so frustrating, its funny, as i start F-ing and blinding at the computer, its just spurs me on to do better, but still frustrating as f**k. most annoying thing is when u know they will score, pick it up on halfway line and just waltz through your defence and score no matter what buttons u push or what tackles u make.

funny thing is some of my friends use to say the CPU does not cheat and i was being silly. but when I actually explained some examples they then start to realise that it does happen the the games they play.

That video is obscene, I've seen similar things myself, you probably won that game anyway but it still pisses you off no end.

I've a replay where the ball was bouncing a clear foot over the com players head and he still managed to header it!

asmz - if you want this replay for your video let me know and I'll happily mail it to you.

if you think the ai cheat, why don't you cheat yourself. that is easy. after all the ai is just that artificial. the human brain is more developped. and by that mean, do something else than moaning of course.

bad touches are in the game now, sorry. also you hafto be alot more careful with your passing as they do go astray more often this time around. as for the foul when you didnt press anything, sad but it happens.

Did you not read the first post?

Let me quote for you:
By the way if you are ignorant enough to not believe that the AI cheats, stay out of this thread.

You need to give it a rest or people will think you're being paid by konami to say nice things about the AI. Explaining all the cheating AI as "it's football" :applause:

lol your the first one who has moaned about me moaning back at the moaners in the first place.....and by the way yes i did read it, and chose to ignore it for the sakes of a good arguement. i wish konami did pay me. sure the ai cheats at certain times but not enough to win a game. least not when its playing against me it doesnt. i beat its ass anyway. as for these guys who say "the ai just went right through my defence, nothing i could do as they scored past me" what bollocks. take the guys legs out, that will stop them (red card follows i knoooow i knoooow). the fact is even with the ai trying its best to "cheat" me. i still win. so i dont care. just dont come moaning on here when your 1-0 up with 2 min left and you lose 2-1 because the AI cheated god dammit!.....no it didnt cheat, you just cant defend.

i mean lets face it. if the AI cheating was that bad. people wouldnt be buying the pro evo games. all these AI cheats are little things that people only get annoyed about when it costs them a precious win. If that same AI cheat didnt cost them a win, they wouldnt be on here having a moan.

Last edited:
Well I've returned the game. The last straw for me was when my keeper parried a shot that was weaker than a pass. The AI scored from the resulting corner, which I fucking predicted! I'm not wasting my time with this game anymore, it's a shame PES has come to this. Guess it's just Football Manager for me this year.

Bring on Assasins Creed!

if you cant defend in the last minute then you need to be practising instead of playing Master League. Use the Super Cancel to manoeuvre players into position, change your tactics to switch the amount of players defending, or just stop moaning and go and play Subbuteo because its really getting boring now listening to so called "Pro Evo experts" griping about AI. After my previous post I am now on an unbeaten streak of 9 games on Top Player. I have conceded 2 more goals, one a penalty and one because I mistimed a slide tackle, bringing a defender out of position which let the computer in.

And Yes PES is a cheating piece of shit and always has been!

That would mean that you have been buying 7 lousy editions of the same game you don't like...:applause::applause::applause:

That post wins an Oscar, Grammy and above all a Razzie...
I'm glad your back DJ, forums need clowns like you...i'm sorry if i'm offending you but a posting like that isn't exactly evidence of intelligence...

LOL, but this time literally...

STOP FOULING THEM! genius.

also maybe buy a better goalkeeper...

yeah you right
people who say that pes cheats are not thinking straight
in football everything can be different from what was expected
look at Man U and Coventry City
it wasn't Man U's best team but we shoulda still beat them

guys, there are some unquestionable facts!
1-) its sooo hard to have penalty in your favor... i´ve make a square+X in front of gk, he kick me in the lags and NO PENALTY!
2-) i´ve seen a thousand times offsides errors, make me sick that stupid referee!
3-) when i make a fault from back , red card.. they do(cpu).. just a becareful!! ohhh god
4-) this one makes me crazy: have you guys notice that sometimes when you make a through ball with Y, even if your player is in better position the CB gets you, when your CF player is faster but no matter how fast he is, all cpu CB are going to catch you!

Sorry about the english.. im brazilian... there a lot of more errors in the game.. but im recording them all with my celcam and soon im gonna post it here!

For anyone having problems with the computer constantly scoring free kicks against, simply REMOVE one man from the wall.

Honestly, it's programmed to chip the ball into the box if you reduce the size of the wall.

I've never conceded another free kick.

i get what you mean, i was getting hammered but i find that using this method sort of helps, have you tried switching tactics around, a freind of mine says that switching your tactics means the ai cant predict ur nexxt move, every five minutes in the game i try to attack differently (wings, possesion, long ball) hope this helps

The worst thing in this pes is that you play two games in master league and in both games you have possesion 65-35 you have 18 shots to 2 (cpu) but you manage to lose one of them with 0-2. This happens 100%. The CPU doesnt try playing better it's just takes the result. While you are playing the game you can unterstand when the pc is going to take a result. It doesnt matter if it is Man unt or AEK fc. You can still make 18 shots and not let the oponent make more than 4 but the cpu is going to score.

Back
Top Bottom