AI Cheating in ML - I've had enough...

AcidToothpaste

Non-League
29 October 2007
Jesus christ. There is so much wrong with this game it's unbelieveable. However the gameplay is the only thing keeping me from returning the game. But the AI cheating in random games in Master League is ruining the gameplay. I'd even go as far as saying that the cheating is worse than PES6 Master League, and we all know what that was like.

First game of the season vs Chelsea on Top Player. I win 0-4. Great match, everything goes to plan, my players pass the ball correctly. Really enjoyable.

Then I get to the next game against Sunderland, I have my starting 11 all fit so it's my strongest side. Frustrating, horrible match, I lose 5-1... :shock:

I could not make 2 passes without finding an opposition player, my players seemed to have no body balance whatsoever, I could not try run past someone because I'd be out muscled by fools like Richardson! Any shots I managed to get in either hit the bar or produced amazing saves from the keeper.

My defence would be out of position every time Sunderland attacked, any time I got down the wing, my CF would run towards my winger! How the fuck am I meant to cross it when my strikers are running towards me and leaving no one in the box, so I end up trying to walk it into the box, only to be thwarted by seemingly invincible McSahne and Nosworthy.

It's not just a case of me being a sore loser. I can take losing, but when i lose because of blatant AI cheating, I can't take it, the fact that the AI makes your players worse is just insulting.

By the way if you are ignorant enough to not believe that the AI cheats, stay out of this thread.

It's a real shame that Fifa 08 is a terrible game because I have no alternative. PES2008 is the worst PES I've ever played, I enjoy ML games but when I get cheated, it's frustrating and unacceptable. PES6 was bad enough.

I am noticing a horrible balance in the AI as well. I started my ML with the full Man U squad and I am getting killed. I even restarted it on Regular and maintaining possession is hard but every player on their team, no matter how shitty can out deke you easily. Yarg, I was pretty good at PES 2007 and I am horrible at this one. Damn AI.

does the AI cheat? or is it just playing football against you? ive been playing with the spurs squad in master league and ive won every game so far but sunderland gave me my hardest game purely because they were hard to break down. sorry but i think this is a case of moaning because you cant break through. sometimes you just cant get through, i dont see why because its sunderland your playing you feel you should break them down easy. keep working at it, change your formation, sub some players and you can change the flow of a match into your favour.

i know people will come back at me with some crap about AI cheating and i dont know what im yapping about but i win virtually all my matches against the AI and if i happen to lose, i just carry on. i certianly dont accuse the AI of cheating me out of a god damn win!. sorry.

Well I remember reading an interview with Seabass, the creater of PES a while back where he admitted the A.I. adapts and stuff like that to try and make the game as exciting as possible. In other words, it will cheat/fck you over so that the result is a dramatic injury time goal to make it 2-2...and so on.

Usually I dont mind it too much but when the A.I. blatently just does something like move your centre backs into akward positions so that they have a free runn a goal.........do me a favour

mine must be broke, im on the hardest level and am walking over everyone with United. Just beat Chelsea 4-1 at the bridge.

I noticed that too. WIth the original ML players on Top Player, I've won 1, drawn 4 and lost 1 all of which I was winning at one point. Anyone notice things at corners how the computer seems to win 3/5 attempts?

On Match mode, I'm fine though, it's just ML :P. May be I'm shite lol.

Bottom line: How are they supposed to make a computer play better football than a human? It's not possible. Hence why they do their best to simply make it _seem_ like it is. Basically, if you can make a computer actually think, then do it already, because not only would you be able to help Seabass make your ideal Master League A.I., you would also become a trillionairess overnight. Good luck.

I totally agree mate, I have had it with the CPU. (PS2)

I dont play master league but play mostly one-off games (friendlys)against the cpu and on the Pro level the CPU is a cheating ****.

Im playing against liverpool and players like Dirk Kyt i.e. strikers for the CPU are tracking back deep into their own box to tackle players, and then the cpu is able to go directly into you and tackle the ball and take the player too, i.e you try to skill away from them but they just storm into you blatent fouls!

and then its like you just know when the cpu is about to score as all of sudden it just gets it act together pass's a few balls around skips past you and BAM you knew it was coming a goal!

The moves that cpu is able to pull off are BS, it skips past you when you send a defender in too tackle the payer, yet the cpu like I said above just go direct for the ball, its impossible to do that with our own players.

lol, corners are tough to defend now.

Yeah, that's because they're too stupid to realise you need to SEE the penalty box when defending a corner. About the AI cheating, it's just too much. Corners are impossible to defend, free kicks go in EVERYTIME, your own players go from sluggish to trigger-happy to sluggish in 0.000001 seconds......:(

The AI in WE(PES) are known to cheat for a long time.
It seems like there parameters go way up if there losing or something.
Maybe they do this to keep the game balance, but Konami doesn't notice
that this just pi**es off people...

I mean usually with me whenever i score the first goal i usually end up winning with atleast 4 goals. Is it because the CPU is trying to always attack and there is a hole in the defence.

I know what ya mean, some of the games are scripted.
You cant do anythin to change it, i lost a game 1-0 against Derby.
There goal i could do nothing to stop it, they just dribbeled through me with ease, I could,'t get near them.
Then in the last few minutes i maneged to get a shot off from the edge of the area and it should have been a goal but the keeper managed to save the shot without touching the ball.
I looked at it on the replay and it clearly showed the ball on its way in and the keeper diving, getting nowhere near the ball and still saving it.

i noticed something that really annoys me, played through the 1st season of the ML and it was not too bad, but now im in div 1 my players seeem to be shot shy, i run through on goal and all they have to do is knock it past the keeper, but noooooo, the do a little gay chip and place it nicely in the keepers arms, i thought ok perhaps i hit the chip button but then it happened again and again, and again so i started running into the box and stopping then take the shot but same thing. i have tried every possible thing but they continue to do it. i really dont mind getting hammered in a game but that is outright cheating when the game takes control of your player and decides how he shoots.

i started by not liking this game but im slowly beginning to hate it. :(

shot shy? your the one shooting! just press square more often geezus. and your chipping becuase your player isnt balanced when hes taking his shot or hes on his weaker foot.

i agree that corners are impossible to defend now thanks to the camera angle and the fact the ball flies in there without you being able to react.

however all this about scripted losses and shit like that ffs guys. you lost to derby so its the AI's fault! oh come on! you had 90min to score and you didnt. is that the AI's fault too?

i just played 2 games in my league. im spurs, i conceded an awful goal to pompy in the first half. my keeper just let it go right through his hands and my defender just whacked it into his own net. i couldnt break through all damn game. i tried changing players and tac. nothing worked. i coulda just thrown a "OH ITS THE AI" fit but instead i decided to try one last thing. i whacked 4 guys up front and left myself empty at the back and all of a sudden i was breaking through like a knife through butter and i won 2-1. id have lost if id done nothing. the next game i played west ham, i went ahead and then i tried to do a high through ball and it aimed the pass at the wrong guy and it was intercepted and they scored from it, 1-1. again i didnt moan and blame the stupid AI. i just went up the other end and scored! 2-1, game over. 14 wins 0 draws 0 losses.......no moaning about not being able to score against derby or my defenders running off to take a piss during the game. ffs stop crying you lot and just play better football.

ok love you all:D

STOP FOULING THEM! genius.

also maybe buy a better goalkeeper...

Nah the computer sticks 90% of free kicks RIGHT into the top corner. We're talking RIGHT in the corner now. If I whipped out a step ladder and used my frikkin hands I couldn't place it more in the corner. No keeper is gonna save that!

Also agree with the corners, they seem so easy for the attacking team. I score around 7/10 corners, the computer (if its an anyway decent team) scores a lot of them too.

I just lost 2-0 to West Ham despite beating Arsenal 3-0 two games beforehand.

I was actually laughing at the amount of saves Rob Green made. I should have won the game 10-2. I'm talking about saving headers from corners, 4 of them he saved, couple this with the amount of 1v1's he saved. it's such a joke because I really played well yet for love nor money I was never going to score. Ridiculous, it's really runing any fun one can possibly have with PES2008. The game is bad enough without all this bullshit cheating.

Jesus christ. There is so much wrong with this game it's unbelieveable. However the gameplay is the only thing keeping me from returning the game. But the AI cheating in random games in Master League is ruining the gameplay. I'd even go as far as saying that the cheating is worse than PES6 Master League, and we all know what that was like.

First game of the season vs Chelsea on Top Player. I win 0-4. Great match, everything goes to plan, my players pass the ball correctly. Really enjoyable.

Then I get to the next game against Sunderland, I have my starting 11 all fit so it's my strongest side. Frustrating, horrible match, I lose 5-1... :shock:

I could not make 2 passes without finding an opposition player, my players seemed to have no body balance whatsoever, I could not try run past someone because I'd be out muscled by fools like Richardson! Any shots I managed to get in either hit the bar or produced amazing saves from the keeper.

My defence would be out of position every time Sunderland attacked, any time I got down the wing, my CF would run towards my winger! How the fuck am I meant to cross it when my strikers are running towards me and leaving no one in the box, so I end up trying to walk it into the box, only to be thwarted by seemingly invincible McSahne and Nosworthy.

It's not just a case of me being a sore loser. I can take losing, but when i lose because of blatant AI cheating, I can't take it, the fact that the AI makes your players worse is just insulting.

By the way if you are ignorant enough to not believe that the AI cheats, stay out of this thread.

It's a real shame that Fifa 08 is a terrible game because I have no alternative. PES2008 is the worst PES I've ever played, I enjoy ML games but when I get cheated, it's frustrating and unacceptable. PES6 was bad enough.

You need to practise more :lol:.

Seriously though, I played PES2008 for the first 3 days I had it and that was as much as I could take. I'll not play it again.

Every AI cheat from PES6 is carried forward to next-gen and they've added some new ones (eg. that weird force-field around cpu players)....

....the outer-space physics.....the horrible scripted passing/shooting.....the team-mate AI is so bad it's beyond belief.....this game is well and truly broken...

...and that's not to mention laughable jerkiness, slowdown, last-gen graphics, paltry edit options and pathetic ML.

This game fails in every way.

I've reverted to FIFA08 and despite its flaws, it's actually reasonably enjoyable although that might be partly the feeling that "at least it's not as bad as PES2008".

have you followed fulhams form this season? they have led 7-8 games and only won one. maybe it was the AI.
ok im done:D had my rant.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

This says it all....

Ok this one really takes the biscut. :D

Corner comes in, just as my CB is about to head it clear, my other CB runs into him, both end up on the floor while the opposition heads home.

Back
Top Bottom