AI Cheating in ML - I've had enough...

does the AI cheat? or is it just playing football against you? ive been playing with the spurs squad in master league and ive won every game so far but sunderland gave me my hardest game purely because they were hard to break down. sorry but i think this is a case of moaning because you cant break through. sometimes you just cant get through, i dont see why because its sunderland your playing you feel you should break them down easy. keep working at it, change your formation, sub some players and you can change the flow of a match into your favour.

i know people will come back at me with some crap about AI cheating and i dont know what im yapping about but i win virtually all my matches against the AI and if i happen to lose, i just carry on. i certianly dont accuse the AI of cheating me out of a god damn win!. sorry.
Its been known for YEARS that the AI on PES Cheats.... You saying that most of us who are PES Legends are crap at the game because we get beat by a crap team because their team plays like Barcelona??

Its been known for YEARS that the AI on PES Cheats.... You saying that most of us who are PES Legends are crap at the game because we get beat by a crap team because their team plays like Barcelona??

yes i am. sigh if only the AI was just rubbish all the time and we could win easily!...what a game that would be.

Last edited:
i do not say the AI doesnt cheat. ive experienced these freak results myself. but i dont come onto a forum and moan about it. so fine the AI beats me once in a awhile, i accept it! and win the next game.

sometimes you will play better than your opponent and lose. other times you will play crap and win. thats football. why should a football game be any different.

so you lose and you feel cheated. how many managers feel like that every weekend? its life!

Its in real life also, a team plays their strongest side and loses. Thats down to how the oppposite team plays.

I have not much of a problem defending corners.

The AI cheating i know it does, but it doesnt much to me. I just adjust my playing. I play on regular and do well.

i do not say the AI doesnt cheat. ive experienced these freak results myself. but i dont come onto a forum and moan about it. so fine the AI beats me once in a awhile, i accept it! and win the next game.

sometimes you will play better than your opponent and lose. other times you will play crap and win. thats football. why should a football game be any different.

so you lose and you feel cheated. how many managers feel like that every weekend? its life!

couldnt put it better my self mate

Doing fine in games where my players actually pass the ball. Can't defend for my life though. Getting a lot of high scoring games. 4-4, 5-4 etc.

yea mine is the same. ive played 20 games in my season. lost one and won the rest but ive scored 70 odd and conceded almost 30! so alot of goals being scored and conceeded compared to the other teams goal scoring ratios.

ha ha iv been playin wi man u on top player won division 2 already if u lose so what u just suck

Go you! Do you want a medal or something?

just1moreperson said:
yea mine is the same. ive played 20 games in my season. lost one and won the rest but ive scored 70 odd and conceded almost 30! so alot of goals being scored and conceeded compared to the other teams goal scoring ratios.
Yeah. That's why I went on to Top player, but the amount of dubious AI play is ridiculous.

do you think maybe it's the a.i adjusting it's tactics and everyone just wants to play the same formation and expect to win every damn game every time without EARNING it? :D

do you think maybe it's the a.i adjusting it's tactics and everyone just wants to play the same formation and expect to win every damn game every time without EARNING it? :D

Adjusting tactics should not involve my players becoming sluggish and forgetting how to make a simple pass.

Listen, PES2008 is a kiddies game. That is why you get the childish reponses from the PES kids.

FIFA08 is the game for adults. None of the 7-6 (realistic scorelines :lol:) PES kids post in the FIFA8 thread beacause they aren't good enough to score goals in FIFA08.

FIFA08 isn't perfect but at least you don't get endless cpu cheats and feel like your playing in the kindergarten.

FIFA for the adults dont think so mate, i actually bought it this year and it was pretty good, and i have had some good games online - but to call it the adults game. Come on, 99% of the people that play it, play with the training wheels (like kids do) still on - ie they play with all the lovely passing/shooting assistance on - how is that adult?????

This version of pro-evo may be terribly flawed right now and is more than "arcadey" than i would like. Both games offer something different - everyone has there personally preferences, like i like women and our estemed and wise friend Winston clearly loves men :)

I'm currently building up a catalogue of flaws and cheats within the game, and at some unknown point in the future will record them all and put a big video together to prove that Konami are talking out of their ass when they say there is "no cheating".

any time I got down the wing, my CF would run towards my winger! How the fuck am I meant to cross it when my strikers are running towards me and leaving no one in the box,

This pisses me off like you wouldn't believe, I even changed their attack arrows to point away from the right wing and played a gane and they STILL ran towards the winger on the right and left the box empty. Why Konami? This doesn't happen in real football?

I've also seen a lot off my own players getting in my way when I'm about to shoot.

Plus the apparent lack of any collision detection, oppo's heads passing through my players body to head the ball away, which doesn't seem fair.

Also I saw a com player head the ball at least a foot above his head. I mean there was a foot gap between his head and the ball when he headded it. Blatant cheating, pathetic.

im on top player with inter but playing in the prem and ermm, ive won last 18/18 - i beat sunderland 4-1 away?!

No, PS3.

This pisses me off like you wouldn't believe, I even changed their attack arrows to point away from the right wing and played a gane and they STILL ran towards the winger on the right and left the box empty. Why Konami? This doesn't happen in real football?

I also changed the attack arrows. I've tried everything yet my big tall CF still runs towards my winger. Ridiculous.

All the people sayin "liek omg man i win every game 50-0, u guys just suck", can you PLEASE just f*** off.

Was playing a Master League match there last night, AC Milan (ME) against Galatasary (CPU). I took the lead in like the 2nd min, standerd enough goal. I then went on to absolutly BATTER (and i mean batter) the opposing team. The keeper, Rustu pulled off some Gordon Banks style saves (one in particular was a header from Toni which was placed (at speed) in the bottom corner. Keeper jumped from one side of the goal to the other and tipped it onto the post. Anyway, ended up with like 68% possesion and 21 shots versus the computers measly 3 or 4.

But the result? I lost 2-1.

The computer scored it's first goal in the 89th(!!!) minute. A corner was swung in, and as well all know corners seem FAR too easy. I was scrambling into position but all my defenders had just gone AWOL and it was an easy header.

The second goal came DEEP into injury time. I had a corner, which was cleared out. The computer counter attacked, ran up my end of the field and dived for a penalty. The resulting kick was blasted home (computer obviously calculating which way I was going to dive, then placing the shot in the opposite side).

Actually have never felt so screwed over. It wasn't an important game or anything but I just couldnt believe it. The replay showed my player was a clear 2 feet away from the man who went down. The dive was so blatent when I heard the whistle go I was just expecting a yellow card.

But there you go, I guess I should just "practice more" and "stop moaning".

All the people sayin "liek omg man i win every game 50-0, u guys just suck", can you PLEASE just f*** off.

Was playing a Master League match there last night, AC Milan (ME) against Galatasary (CPU). I took the lead in like the 2nd min, standerd enough goal. I then went on to absolutly BATTER (and i mean batter) the opposing team. The keeper, Rustu pulled off some Gordon Banks style saves (one in particular was a header from Toni which was placed (at speed) in the bottom corner. Keeper jumped from one side of the goal to the other and tipped it onto the post. Anyway, ended up with like 68% possesion and 21 shots versus the computers measly 3 or 4.

But the result? I lost 2-1.

The computer scored it's first goal in the 89th(!!!) minute. A corner was swung in, and as well all know corners seem FAR too easy. I was scrambling into position but all my defenders had just gone AWOL and it was an easy header.

The second goal came DEEP into injury time. I had a corner, which was cleared out. The computer counter attacked, ran up my end of the field and dived for a penalty. The resulting kick was blasted home (computer obviously calculating which way I was going to dive, then placing the shot in the opposite side).

Actually have never felt so screwed over. It wasn't an important game or anything but I just couldnt believe it. The replay showed my player was a clear 2 feet away from the man who went down. The dive was so blatent when I heard the whistle go I was just expecting a yellow card.

But there you go, I guess I should just "practice more" and "stop moaning".

yep you got screwed. whats your point? i feel sorry for you as corners are difficult near on impossible is this game. certianly alot harder than pro evo 6. as for the penalty if it was indeed a dive then hard luck. i think your going abit overboard suggesting the computer calculated which way you were going to dive.....no it just put it one way and you went the other. i understand why you would feel cheated and in footballing terms you were. but this kind of thing happens in real life too. so this would mean the game was realistic, no?

Cheating in PES is sometimes so obvious, it's not even funny. I was playing an International Cup. I was leading 2-1. Then suddenly, the cheat script was executed. I passed it to my player, but he just left it, and the other team got it. They reached near the penalty box. I didn't press any button, but they got a foul. Freekick, and goal of course. Later on, I was attacking down the centre. I passed to my midfielder. He first touch reacher straight to the player of the other team. Ran down the wings, counter attack, and simple goal from the header. It's soo fucking frustrating.

Another time I remember is when I lost the match in the last minute from a corner. The team took 2 corners, and both the times, the same player was completely free, and headed the ball, but my keeper saved it. Then, obviously the 3rd time, my keeper stood still, as the ball went in. It's so bloody obvious, and Konami hasn't done a damn thing about it.

bad touches are in the game now, sorry. also you hafto be alot more careful with your passing as they do go astray more often this time around. as for the foul when you didnt press anything, sad but it happens. i do hate the computer trying to help me out by controlling a player im not and slide tackling someone lol

I've stopped playing PES. Not because I made the choice to, I'm just not interested, i get home from work and don't feel the desire to play it. Luckily there are some promisong games on the horizon such as that assassin game.

Back
Top Bottom