AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread

Mate we lost because we were "surprise, surprise" shite in the final third not because of the ref, although I admit he wasn't great. I've lost count how many times this season we've "controlled" the game and made the opposing team look ordinary and came away with nothing. Attacking wise Liverpool stink, nullifying the opponent we have mastered as an art but creativity and skill we grossly lack!

Congratulations Milan well done.

yes we were to blame in the final third no denying. but it just seems to be the norm in football these days to just accept the shite that goes on in it whether it be refs, cheating or whatever.

But i dont expect the post sky generation of fans to understand that in all fairness, the game is different to twenty years ago.

yes we were to blame in the final third no denying. but it just seems to be the norm in football these days to just accept the shite that goes on in it whether it be refs, cheating or whatever.

But i dont expect the post sky generation of fans to understand that in all fairness, the game is different to twenty years ago.
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !
we cheated or whatever you want have a good night just keep looking at your watch

Milano siamo noi, Milano siamo noi, Milano siamo noi..
SOLO NOI!!

you play better but we win it has nothing to do with luck you haven't a real great opportunities to say you were not lucky
it's not great game we win we are the champions before two year we played better we did every thing but we lost
captxath18305232115greeil6.jpg

what a legend no one can do his record

Last edited:

Didnt actually think Liverpool deserved towin as much as people(mainly Liverpool fans) are making out to be. Both teams were average at best but Milan took the chancesthat were presented to them whether with a bit of luck or the fantastic play for the second goal.

usual fucking disgracefully reffed match, dodgy calls, a handball goal.

cant anything be played properly and professionally anymore? Fucking diving, dodgy ref calls and play acting. Bad ticketing and organisation.

The fucking game is dead.

Do you EVER hold your hands up and say "We lost. We were crap in attack and didn't look like European champions."?

Are you Phil Thompson's love-child!

WELL DONE MILAN! I WAS BEHIND YOU ALL MATCH!

Mate we lost because we were "surprise, surprise" shite in the final third not because of the ref, although I admit he wasn't great. I've lost count how many times this season we've "controlled" the game and made the opposing team look ordinary and came away with nothing. Attacking wise Liverpool stink, nullifying the opponent we have mastered as an art but creativity and skill we grossly lack!

Congratulations Milan well done.

sorry mate, but i disagree with u. i don't think u lost the match just in the final third.
liverpool played really bad yesterday, and i'm not talking about individual performances (some of liverpool player made good performances), i'm talking about the team.
yesterday liverpool didn't played football, they just did care of avoiding milan to play football too. and this is not "controlling the match"..... this is just killing the match, coz, when u play with 7 players behind the midfield line, your team won't ever score, and the opponent team won't ever manage to enter into your midfield.

at the end of the first half milan had 58% of possession..... but it was a useless possession coz milan players did always keep the ball in their own midfield trying to find a whole for a pass. liverpool didn't play football yesterday, and disallowed milan to play it too. that's why the match was soo boring.

i love liverpool coz it's one of the few balanced teams in england (and balance is the most important thing in football, imo)...... but what we saw yesterday was not a "balanced team".

a team is balanced when all the players are (almost) always in the correct position, according to the opponents players position and the ball position.
a team is balanced when the the 3 lines (defense, midfield and attack) are always close one to each other (the distance between theese "lines" has always to be short).
but theese 3 lines HAVE TO MOVE UP AND DOWN ALONG THE PITCH CONTINUOUSLY like an elastic, they don't have to be stuck in their own midfield. otherwise there's no balance, otherwise u're just nullifying your opponent (as u correctly say ;) ).... but balance is not just about "nullifying your opponent", balance is about finding a good compromise between "controlling" (not nullifying) your opponent and PRODUCING FOOTBALL.
it's easy to defend with 7 players and leave the "producing phase" to the remaining 3... the real challenge is defending with 6 players and attacking with 5 players (letting your side defenders "flying", with side midfielders cutting inside, to leave them space).

that's the difference between defensive football and balanced football.... and that's why i always have a laugh at those people who say that italians teams use to play a defensive football.

nontheless i have to say liverpool was very unlucky yesterday... without that goal, at the end of the first half, the match could have been different (but u know, that's football).

i was really disappointed by rafa gameplay yesterday. but both teams truly deserved to play this final match, for what they did in this champions league:)

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !
we cheated or whatever you want have a good night just keep looking at your watch

just don't care of him, Mad. there's plenty of nice, fair and polite liverpool fans in here.... don't waste your time replying to the only one who doesn't deserve an answer ;)

zio i totally agree with your post
but the difference was super pippo !!! :D

sorry mate, but i disagree with u. i don't think u lost the match just in the final third.
liverpool played really bad yesterday, and i'm not talking about individual performances (some of liverpool player made good performances), i'm talking about the team.
yesterday liverpool didn't played football, they just did care of avoiding milan to play football too. and this is not "controlling the match"..... this is just killing the match, coz, when u play with 7 players behind the midfield line, your team won't ever score, and the opponent team won't ever manage to enter into your midfield.

at the end of the first half milan had 58% of possession..... but it was a useless possession coz milan players did always keep the ball in their own midfield trying to find a whole for a pass. liverpool didn't play football yesterday, and disallowed milan to play it too. that's why the match was soo boring.

i love liverpool coz it's one of the few balanced teams in england (and balance is the most important thing in football, imo)...... but what we saw yesterday was not a "balanced team".

a team is balanced when all the players are (almost) always in the correct position, according to the opponents players position and the ball position.
a team is balanced when the the 3 lines (defense, midfield and attack) are always close one to each other (the distance between theese "lines" has always to be short).
but theese 3 lines HAVE TO MOVE UP AND DOWN ALONG THE PITCH CONTINUOUSLY like an elastic, they don't have to be stuck in their own midfield. otherwise there's no balance, otherwise u're just nullifying your opponent (as u correctly say ;) ).... but balance is not just about "nullifying your opponent", balance is about finding a good compromise between "controlling" (not nullifying) your opponent and PRODUCING FOOTBALL.
it's easy to defend with 7 players and leave the "producing phase" to the remaining 3... the real challenge is defending with 6 players and attacking with 5 players (letting your side defenders "flying", with side midfielders cutting inside, to leave them space).

that's the difference between defensive football and balanced football.... and that's why i always have a laugh at those people who say that italians teams use to play a defensive football.

nontheless i have to say liverpool was very unlucky yesterday... without that goal, at the end of the first half, the match could have been different (but u know, that's football).

i was really disappointed by rafa gameplay yesterday. but both teams truly deserved to play this final match, for what they did in this champions league:)

just don't care of him, Mad. there's plenty of nice, fair and polite liverpool fans in here.... don't waste your time replying to the only one who doesn't deserve an answer ;)

You can dress your post up anyway you wish but thats just total rubbish. So its Liverpools fault that Milan managed two shots all match? Wheres your guile and craft? Or are we supposed to just let you run ragged like you did against man u?

We were told pre game how brilliant Milan where and how we would find that out in the final and yet you were poor. I just dont see how anyone can not face facts here, you were average, we were a bit better but lack quality in final third areas which we already knew, and i agree benitez got it wrong with his lineup.

And where have i had a go at Milan? I have nothing against Milan at all, although the fact people say we were lucky for pulling three goals back two years ago (yes thats THREE lucky goals) does stick in my throat a little especially from the Milan camp.

i wish Milan all the luck in the world, they were in the final on merit and were worthy opponents.

But Im not into back slapping on here for the simple fact of getting along, i call it as i see it, and yesterday we were unlucky but the game was ruined for me by some over fussy officiating that benefitted Milan. Liverpool players couldnt jump for headers without being pulled for fouls, i mean Zenden was clear down the wing from a dummied throw in and got pulled back for what? Having his crossed blocked!! Mascherano booked for what? making a great tackle and the ref being hounded by Milan players. Wheres the sport in that? Its the little things that add up.

All i asked for yesterday is a fair game, no cheating, no dodgyiness and may the best team win through skill, guile tactics and craft, but that didnt happen.

But you can all pat yourselves on the back and pretend to play fair if you wish, but if i did it and it wasnt merited i'd just be lying to myself.

Football is in danger in my opinion, poor officiating, poor organisation, cheating, corruption and big business, THATS the problem i have with the game, and as i said to you earlier, you guys are a new generation of fan brought up in a totally different football climate, i was brought up in an era where football was seen to be a working class game and not a big multi billion industry. The ticketing organisation was an absoloute disgrace and as per usual we are footing the blame. There could have been MAJOR tragedy yesterday with people 4 to every seat as they struggled to contain the crowd.

Had one of the greatest nights ever. Went to Bar Italia in Soho with some friends and the bar was packed 2 hrs before the game. Managed to get a good spot with a good view. The game itself was like going to a gig, people were moving around and when we scored it was like a mosh pit. Beer, water and champagne was chucked in the air at times and the atmosphere is just priceless. After the game the Milan fans invaded the road and cheered on every car that drove by while singing. Police had to come to clear the road from celebrations.

Anyway, now im sitting here with a headache and no voice left.

ps- BBC radio were at the bar interviewing fans!!!! I managed to scream into the mic! There were also photographers from various London papers.

Had one of the greatest nights ever. Went to Bar Italia in Soho with some friends and the bar was packed 2 hrs before the game. Managed to get a good spot with a good view. The game itself was like going to a gig, people were moving around and when we scored it was like a mosh pit. Beer, water and champagne was chucked in the air at times and the atmosphere is just priceless. After the game the Milan fans invaded the road and cheered on every car that drove by while singing. Police had to come to clear the road from celebrations.

Anyway, now im sitting here with a headache and no voice left.

ps- BBC radio were at the bar interviewing fans!!!! I managed to scream into the mic! There were also photographers from various London papers.

such a nice description, mate :D
i guess this is the sweetest headache u ever had :lol:

but the difference was super pippo !!!
yep Mad, he's the man :applause: it was really nice seeing him crying after the final whistle, very emotional moment

Kaka's on fire at the minute and hes an honest footballer best wishes to madlini whats are the odds that he continues playing until one of his sons get into the first team :cheers: Gattuso damn I wish we had him at Utd

Well done ac milan CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE oh and KAKA is the best player in the world no doubt!:D

of course.. it means "lo scudetto, mettilo nel culo"
.. but I doubt they can do it.. they have already SOOOOOOOOOO many trophies in that place (like 1997/98 scudetto or 2001/2002 scudetto) that there won't be any place for another one..

anyways, we should ask them to keep OUR champions league in their EMPTY showcase.. because in our showcase I doubt there will be space enough to put another CL.. you know, the showcase is small and the trophies are a lot..

Gattuso's sign is really GREAT btw!!

Last edited:

well done guys!!:) can someone post some pics about the celebration in milan Please??:)

Back
Top Bottom