2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

BumperMan said:
yes it is a huge leap from anything Konami ever produced :)

I don't think so.

First of all, I love Fifa WC06, you can look at my gamertag (julioecc)

But...

IMO you can't say this fifa is better than any WE, even that any old fifa. This is the most bugged and glitched fifa of all time.

-Wrong Call names
-Wrong Stadium Assignment
-Wrong Player likeness, I mean the players who don't have specific face.
-The Lack of an editor like in xbox 1 version
-No live update with the current 23 players per team, this is a MUST.
-The cameras are very far, in RTWC they were just fine.
-The field just dries after each match.
-Good goals not count.
-The grass isn't as good as in RTWC.
-Buggy formations
-No atack/defense indicator like in xbox 1 version.
-No multiple tactics in game as in xbox 1 version.

I could follow but I am tired of typing. IMO the xbox1 version is better, I have both.

IMO this is the game with the best world cup enviroment, but not the best game of all, it's far from that.

The graphics alone don't make the game mate.

Bye.

BumperMan said:
yes it is a huge leap from anything Konami ever produced :)
Why the hell are you still a member of Evo-Web then?

We get that you're easily pleased, that you love the game and that you play it 72 times a day, come on, pack it in...

Even though Jack Bauer has been as asshole to me recently I have to agree with him, what are u on? and why are u posting on evo web?

DJ

Jack Bauer said:

We get that you're easily pleased, that you love the game and that you play it 72 times a day, come on, pack it in...

LOL!! I have to agree with you on that Jack B.

ONCE AGAIN, FIFA BLOWS!

BumperMan, shut up ;)

Yeah I like this, plays well too, think I'm gonna pick up the PS2 version tomorrow, what a shame Konami didn't put Trinidad, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo or Angola in PES5, I'm sure they'll be in PES6, plus it's great that PES6 will have the major national kits licenced too!

FIFA's getting there, still no where near as perfect as PES but it's slowly becoming a decent game.

Won the World Cup again, now I've just got to complete the remaining scenarios, buy the stuff from the store and then I'm done.

Will buy FIFA Football 2007 though. :)

Jack Bauer said:

Totally agree, he should go and post on SG where its full of F*FA fanboys, and wahey djdavedoc has seen the light. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol mate I did understand what everyone was saying before about how bad FIFA was, I was being more hopeful than anything else that they would make this into a decent game for the WC but they didnt really do a good enough job it still lacks depth.

DJ

Truthfully, as you can read on here if you delve through a year or so of my posts, I'm always the same when a new FIFA comes out. Tranmere, career mode... That's me set for life. Until the next week when I realise I'm playing the exact same game of football over and over whether I'm playing Bradford or Brazil.

I can't wait to see how World Football Climax and Sensible Soccer develop. If the next version of the former gets a release over here, it should be a real challenge for PES, and the same if Sensi develops a career mode and treats itself a bit more seriously.

Milanista said:
I actually went back to play PES5 on my 360 because I was so sick of WC. The shitty movement in WC makes me want to play PES for its gameplay.

exactly.

After watching the actual WC so far the movement, animations, player models are perfect in WE10. I just cant understand why anyone would play Fifa after playing PES/WE

Adonis said:
exactly.

After watching the actual WC so far the movement, animations, player models are perfect in WE10.

Slight over exageration, Konami can still do a lot to improve all these areas. So no, they are good but not perfect.

JayD said:
Slight over exageration, Konami can still do a lot to improve all these areas. So no, they are good but not perfect.

yes they can improved and maybe I was too generous calling them perfect, but they are a world apart from Fifa's.

i've got this for ps2 and it's absolute cack the shooting is crap everything is the only decent thing about the 360 version is the graphics when i get it back from my mate it's going on ebay

The only thign that makes you play this game is because of the fact that its a World Cup game. I dont think anyone will continue playing this once the World Cup is over.

Spot on Rundedge, I have totally completed it and got all the achievments done and I havent played it except for a quick few online games for ages, once PES6 comes out this is going back to GameStation.

DJ

RuneEdge said:
The only thign that makes you play this game is because of the fact that its a World Cup game. I dont think anyone will continue playing this once the World Cup is over.

Yeah,Your probably right mate.

Decent game,but shelf life is a no no.

After playing it for weeks and actually getting excited about it when I saw them videos thinking "it might have some depth this time" I am dissapointed, it really is pretty much current gen FIFA 06 with only the slightest of gameplay changes and I thought FIFA 06 was quite a weak game.

DJ

I've just had a few games, playing the qualifying campaign as England (pretty neat)

Its not Bad. Some aspects are far superior to PES. The audio, as always is outstanding, the pace seems better, you can stroke the ball around and it just feels like a footballl match. You have more control over the ball, particularly in midfield. The strikers make very intelligent runs, and when you play a throughball (all to often successful) you are usually through on goal, none of this stupid Igor Tudour catching Michael Owen stuff.

The crossing system is awful, and its very hard to defend (might just be me adjusting to the keys). The finishing is strange, specially in 1on1's.

The graphics are poo compared to WE/PES. Where on earth did this misconception about FIFA having better graphics come from? The players look awful, the pitches are poor, the stadiums look alright I guess.

If you moulded the fluid control in FIFA (and AI runs) and its pace, with PES's crossing, finishing, crossing and difficulty, my o my that would be a game to behold

I love the fact the AI doesn't constantly harass you in midfield for 90mins, and you can slow the game down or up whenever you like.

I'm playing it on PC btw, although the 360 version looks superior, I don't have the dosh to buy a 360

Last edited:
Peter Eyres said:
I've just had a few games, playing the qualifying campaign as England (pretty neat)

Its not Bad. Some aspects are far superior to PES. The audio, as always is outstanding, the pace seems better, you can stroke the ball around and it just feels like a footballl match. You have more control over the ball, particularly in midfield. The strikers make very intelligent runs, and when you play a throughball (all to often successful) you are usually through on goal, none of this stupid Igor Tudour catching Michael Owen stuff.

The crossing system is awful, and its very hard to defend (might just be me adjusting to the keys). The finishing is strange, specially in 1on1's.

The graphics are poo compared to WE/PES. Where on earth did this misconception about FIFA having better graphics come from? The players look awful, the pitches are poor, the stadiums look alright I guess.

If you moulded the fluid control in FIFA (and AI runs) and its pace, with PES's crossing, finishing, crossing and difficulty, my o my that would be a game to behold

I love the fact the AI doesn't constantly harass you in midfield for 90mins, and you can slow the game down or up whenever you like.

I'm playing it on PC btw, although the 360 version looks superior, I don't have the dosh to buy a 360

I have it on the 360 mate,and the pitches(imo) are superb,I really hope Konami put this into pes 6 on the 360.

The net graphics are also a huge step up for a fifa game(but I suppose they should be with the machines power).

Players are reasonable,Some better than others,the others being piss poor in all honesty.

Camera mode Dynamic is good,but the rest just look far too far out(even when zoomed in)
Finally,The first touch feature should be implemented into Pes 6 as well.

When you have played a fair few games of fifa,then go back to pes 5,how many times do you try the first touch thingy with the right stick ?:lmao:

Lol, my right analogue stick is broken, so I didn't even have a clue about that. One thing I did notice, when having a game of WE9LE (PES5) earlier, was just how scripted it is compared to the latest incarnation of Fifa

Back
Top Bottom