2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

GamesTM gave it a 3 out of 10!!! I think they are over harsh on it, but to me this is just Arcade football, that's it.

They are probably a bunch of PES Fan Boys who give every PES 10/10 regardless!!

DJ

Its ok not great but not bad, playing a WC on World Class difficulty and at stages it feels good and realistic. Hell I even drew 1-1 with Georgia during a WC Qualifier with England! lol

I still say Roll On PES 6 for Xbox 360 in October 06 :)

DJ

I'm still enjoying the game (360), trying to qualify for and win the World Cup with Scotland. :)

The main thing that is different from PES is that the game is not as smooth and free-flowing, then there's the super-human keepers too.

I can't imagine how anyone could give it 3/10 though. :shock:

Do you know about the different type of shot that can beat goalies even on hard difficulties? if you double tap the shoot button it does a low drilled shot.

Ive scored a fair few goals like this from outside the box, high shots tend to be saved with ease.

DJ

I'll give it a try, it's not that I'm not scoring any goals, just the for the amount of times I'm 1-on-1 I should be winning 57-0. :p

JayM said:
I'll give it a try, it's not that I'm not scoring any goals, just the for the amount of times I'm 1-on-1 I should be winning 57-0. :p

:lmao: :lol:

I know what you mean, I just tap the button normally though and it gets past the keeper, I dont even try wonder shots from outside the area, it's pointless as they normally save everything. Won the World Cup with Northern Ireland last night!!! WOOOT!!

What level are you playing it on? on World Class the goalies save a few fair of the shots from close in.

DJ

When i play this i use the perfect skill level. I found lower skill levels too easy on some areas like AI attacking, though i dont like that fact that AI scores the same looking goals with any team they play.

I think for a closing statement "The Game Lacks Depth but its getting there, FIFA 07 could be worth a look"

DJ

djdoc360 said:
I think for a closing statement "The Game Lacks Depth but its getting there, FIFA 07 could be worth a look"

DJ
Didnt someone say that a while back?

pretty strange, enjoying this one more and more the closer the WC comes...even if it is nowhere near perfect, and a lot of badly recreated details (especially all the way wrong fonts for most of the teams) bug me, it still got atmosphere and some style. gotta love the detailled boots for all the players...:)

Yep it looks pretty decent, but now the more I play it the more I wish there was more to it, its dissapointing especially with the shooting, its not great.

DJ

The shooting is very good for a FIFA game. Yikes it's alot better than anything ever fifa has given us in years. the long shots at goal are not good at all thouigh. and the first touch sometimes is hit a little to far but all in all it's still good since

Well, I succumbed and bought it this morning. And now I've taken it back. Let me show you something.

Click here to see a video made by myself. A video, of Argentina v England, on the game's hardest difficulty setting.

"This game cheats far less than Pro Evo" - really? I've never seen this before in a PES game!

If I ever buy an EA SPORTS game ever again, you all have permission to shoot me, burn me and flush my ashes down the toilet.

Jack Bauer said:
Well, I succumbed and bought it this morning. And now I've taken it back. Let me show you something.

Click here to see a video made by myself. A video, of Argentina v England, on the game's hardest difficulty setting.

"This game cheats far less than Pro Evo" - really? I've never seen this before in a PES game!

If I ever buy an EA SPORTS game ever again, you all have permission to shoot me, burn me and flush my ashes down the toilet.

hahahahaha that is class.

"Oh no, if the ball touches me I'm out, ARGH!! Phew, that was a close one..."

I think the programming from DOC Official Championship Dodgeball America 2006 and FIFA World Cup 2006 has got mixed up.

How anybody can take this game seriously I've got no idea.

Holio said:
GamesTM gave it a 3 out of 10!!! I think they are over harsh on it
I think they've been very fucking generous, to be honest.

Even the commentary, which was the only thing that I'd found excellent in the last FIFA game (and was only released about a week ago*), I couldn't stand. I do a perfectly timed tackle, the opposition guy does a little stumble (doesn't even fall down) and the guy's going "MY GOD, he's SERIOUSLY INJURED down there and the referee hasn't even blown his whistle!!" Pathetic.

*Note for djdoc360 - being sarcastic there.

Last edited:
Haha! :mrgreen: That's more of a one-off weird glitch, though. I've never seen that in PES before. What I showed a video of had already happened to me in the FIFA demo, but I was assured that it was "just the difficulty setting".

It seems to me that PES is programmed to make the players perform to the best of their ability, only making mistakes if their stats don't allow them to perform well enough, whereas in FIFA it rolls a dice and says that no matter what happens this player must make a mistake, regardless of the circumstances. Which makes the game a pre-determined waste of time, surely.

i always play each fifa as and when it comes out because i'm curious to see if it's improved.....my first impressions are good, keepers are good and player physics have improved alot....obviously still alot of catching up to do if they want to match we/pes, but nonetheless the presentation is typical fifa=immaculate.....oh and the commentary is out of this world

overall i would give 8/10

This is the first Fifa game I have liked for a while. It does feel very arcadey, but its fun, well presented and looks great on a big HDTV. One of the thing that pisses me off though is that every time I slide tackle, the guy either turns at the last sec, I foul him or I get the ball but manage to foul him anyway.
I would give it 7.5/10.

Back
Top Bottom