2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

kel said:
No? You should see this then. :applause:
I sometimes wonder though if patching the game files cause these kind of errors? Everytime I have used an optionfile only, I see very few strange glitches such as this one you posted, but when I use full blown patches I do notice more errors...........

I'm getting an XBox 360 tomorrow for £300 with a game of my choice. I'll probably choose 2006 FIFA World Cup. I've played it on the XBox and it wasn't that bad. Just curious, is it exactly the same on the XBox 360?

Last edited:
AgentSmithMatrix said:
I'm getting an XBox 360 tomorrow for £300 with a game of my choice. I'll probably buy 2006 FIFA World Cup. I've played it on the XBox and it wasn't that bad. Just curious, is it exactly the same on the XBox 360?
Yes it is the same except for graphics, and the 360 version has a few bugs the current gen versions do not have.

Personally if your a big footy fan and you want a quick fix then yes by this for sure and treat it as an arcade game you might play for a few weeks and then you wont touch it again. I would advise waiting for PES6 to come out on XBox 360, then "I hope" you wont be dissapointed.

DJ

deftonesmx17 said:
Yes it is the same except for graphics, and the 360 version has a few bugs the current gen versions do not have.

GET THE 360 VERSION!

This game is miles better than the first fifa that was on the 360. just for refrence i popped in the first one RTTWC and liked the graphics but the gameplay was NOT free. I feel the play is much more free in World Cup then anything EVER before that EA has made for it's fifas. Must buy if you own a 360 and are on these boards...

Is it worth getting this or do I buy PES5?

I currently don't own a 360 and will be buying one soon at the end of Jun after exams, so not sure what game to get.

I know for a fact that PES5 and winning eleven 9 are both compatible with the 360 and look great on it(minus some adjustments) BUT Fifa world Cup IS the closest thing you'll get for next gen soccer right now. i love the game. the look and gameplay are all very solid(albiet some hiccups here and there)

Overall get both.

If you want depth go with PES5 on the 360

and if you want fun get
Fifa world Cup

My Overall? to save dissapointment and £50 wait for the incoming PES6. This game is fun for a little while and its full on arcade action, but it lacks depth! it plays like Actua Soccer 2 from back in the day which again was fun for a while and that was it, Take it from me it didnt take me long to complete all the achievements.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
My Overall? to save dissapointment and £50 wait for the incoming PES6. This game is fun for a little while and its full on arcade action, but it lacks depth! it plays like Actua Soccer 2 from back in the day which again was fun for a while and that was it, Take it from me it didnt take me long to complete all the achievements.

DJ
£30 on play.com :mrgreen:

going to sell mine the next days too i think. nice game but too many detail bugs.

why can't they get the fucking fonts right ? makes me angry. :)I

Why cant they make a game which has depth??!!! Typical EA... FIFA 07 will be the same old bullshit remixed.

Im now sick of FIFA Games, its all bits of Eyecandy and nothing else.

DJ

Once again we have been served up a second rate FIFA title, as far as eye-candy goes only the stadiums look great the rest is average at best.

I actually agree with Bumperman,Its a decent game of footy.

When I first tried it,I wasn't too sure,Then I removed the konami chip from my brain,and once I got used to the 360 controller,I'm really getting into this.

Some people will love this,some will hate it.

Me?

I just love football.

jambotommy said:
I actually agree with Bumperman,Its a decent game of footy.

When I first tried it,I wasn't too sure,Then I removed the konami chip from my brain,and once I got used to the 360 controller,I'm really getting into this.

Some people will love this,some will hate it.

Me?

I just love football.

That's a nice one there!

Slickhenry said:
Once again we have been served up a second rate FIFA title, as far as eye-candy goes only the stadiums look great the rest is average at best.

better than ANYTHING that EVER was put out though...

www.joystiq.com said:
Czechs win 2006 World Cup! (sort of)

EA declares Czechs winner of simulated World CupGreat news, everyone! There's no need to play out any of the World Cup matches, so tell all 32 countries to go home. Electronic Arts has declared the Czech Republic victorious in their 2006 FIFA World Cup simulation. Led by Golden Ball winner Pavel Nedved (also predicted by EA), the defense-oriented Czechs edged out Brazil 2-1 in a hard-fought battle. If you want to see your country's fate, TeamXbox has all of the [unofficial] results.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11086/Czech-Republic-Wins-the-EA-SPORTS-2006-FIFA-World-Cup/
lol..?

BumperMan said:
better than ANYTHING that EVER was put out though...
True, I always find myself comparing it to my patched PES5 on PC though, so im never goin to be satisfied, agreed that it is a huge leap from RTWC 360.

Slickhenry said:
True, I always find myself comparing it to my patched PES5 on PC though, so im never goin to be satisfied, agreed that it is a huge leap from RTWC 360.

yes it is a huge leap from anything Konami ever produced :)

Back
Top Bottom