Your Favourite No. 10 of all Time

Bergkamp for me....we may never see the like of him again :(

I knew you would mention him...but you are right, what a great player he was. Shame that he did not succeed in Italy (but maybe good for Arsenal).

To me Bergkamp is the personification of the new Arsenal, the club who always (or nearly always) plays the most attractive football and not the "old" Arsenal: boring Arsenal.

I remember in the 70's and the 80's when a match ended 1-0, it was called an "Arsenal score" over here on the continent...since Wenger and Bergkamp all this has changed.

He should be in this thread...i remember his goal against Newcastle and the one at the 1998 WC against Argentina...among the best goals i've ever seen.

Must say, this guy was fabulous as well

jarilitmanen.jpg

Yup, he was fabulous...but he wasn't used enough in Liverpool.
He was at his best while playing for Ajax...

We've overlooked another great one: Enzo Francescoli...

Last edited:
Maradona
Socrates
Zidane
Platini

Currently Riquelme . All looked 'lazy' on the pitch but they could create time from nothing and because of their skill made things look effortless.

It's hard to awswer, in my heart I choose Rui Costa, but in my mind is Maradona or Ronaldinho.

for a classic 10 (not much speed, fast thinking, quick and accurate execution, ball control, excellent long/short passing ability) - Zidane/Rui Costa
for something higher then a classic 10 (with improved speed, agility, control over the ball and on the tempos of the game, and decisiveness in every part of it) - Maradona

I knew you would mention him...but you are right, what a great player he was. Shame that he did not succeed in Italy (but maybe good for Arsenal).

To me Bergkamp is the personification of the new Arsenal, the club who always (or nearly always) plays the most attractive football and not the "old" Arsenal: boring Arsenal.

I remember in the 70's and the 80's when a match ended 1-0, it was called an "Arsenal score" over here on the continent...since Wenger and Bergkamp all this has changed.

He should be in this thread...i remember his goal against Newcastle and the one at the 1998 WC against Argentina...among the best goals i've ever seen.

Here you go gerd...

YouTube - Dennis Bergkamp goal vs Newcastle 2002 (no sound)

YouTube - Dennis Bergkamp vs Argentina 1998 WC As Seen On American TV

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom