World Cup 2022 Qatar

I watched all finals since 2006. This was the most worthy one to watch. I am happy that my generation finally had an epic sports moment. One of the best matches in football history. Congratulations to both sides.

I think Kylian Mbappe finally proved the casuals that he is one of the best. I think he will be in top 10 when he retires if he remains healthy. Football fans probably knew he was special but it was hard to convince casuals. One of the few times that a youngster proved older people that he is legit. He scored a hat-trick in finals. That is insane. His performance was outstanding.

For Messi I compare this game to Michael Jordan's Game 6 performance at the Finals in 1998. Both games were close. They took over with their leadership and confidence. They proved that they are the undisputed best in their businesses. Jordan shut up any possible doubter with 6th championship. He closed one of the hottest debates of 21st Century. He is the GOAT of football and it is a no-brainer now. He won everything possible for a football player, including an Olympic gold medal. I respect both Messi and Ronaldo. Looking back I think European Championship is the second hardest cup to ever win and I respect Ronaldo for that achievement. However people forget that he lost his son to a fatal illness before blaming him for his recent performances. That is crazy. Death of your kids is the worst thing ever and he kept showing up on the field. The world really sucks sometimes. I blame the American owner who only knows about making money.

In the end, we saw an insane rivalry at every stage of football. People felt the rivalry was alive until today. Right after Euro 2016, eyes were at Messi. He responded back with Copa America victory. Now people talk about Mbappe vs Haaland. Sadly Norway's NT is not that good. Today is the end of an era. And it ended in a country that has no idea about football.

Last edited:
For Messi and for Diego! Congrats to the whole argentina team. And E. Martinez have only an ovr about 80 in Fifa23... :R1:LOL:

Now we know why Messi was last one and a half season at PSG so playing poor? To not be injured to be 100% fit for the WC! :D

So this case could be closed - we see us next summer(winter) in australia and new zealand for the women WC. :LOVE:

Easily the best final in my lifetime, watching since 1994.

Not the best tournament, though. You're still good, 1998.

I must agree, in my opinion the 1998 WC was the best tournament ever in WC history. Every national team was packed with great players, even Iran, Saudi Arabia and Jamaica were a big challenge back then, not to mention teams from eastern Europe like Romania, Croatia or Yugoslavia. Especially Romania roasted England very hard in WC 1998 and EURO 2000 in the group stage, and Nigeria had some golden era team like Belgium has right now... Oh, such a decade !!! :RSCARF:

I must agree, in my opinion the 1998 WC was the best tournament ever in WC history. Every national team was packed with great players, even Iran, Saudi Arabia and Jamaica were a big challenge back then, not to mention teams from eastern Europe like Romania, Croatia or Yugoslavia. Especially Romania roasted England very hard in WC 1998 and EURO 2000 in the group stage, and Nigeria had some gold era team like Belgium has right now... Oh, such a decade !!! :RSCARF:

I agree. There was so much charm and character in that World Cup, not to mention a shit ton of quality.

To show it's not just nostalgia, I actually loved 2018 as well and put it in second place.

And somewhere in the middle of that timeline is the steaming turd of 2010.

I was quite young, but I remember loving USA 94. I loved the emergence of Nigeria as a new African team to watch (Okocha! Amokachi! Taribo West! Yekini!), and having the privilege to watch my favorite player of all time, Roberto Baggio. :TU:

Also I thought that WC had so many charismatic teams, who can forget Bebeto's celebration, Hagi, Bergkamp, Campos, Stoichkov.. The list goes on and on.

Last edited:
Having soft penalties given immediately to unlock the games helped Argentina so much.
Seriously guys penalties laws has to change, not every contact should be rewarded as a penalty!!!
In fact, penalty kick is a boring thing and needs to be replaced by something else to have more goals of open plays or more interesting set pieces.

Anyways, the worst thing about Argentina winning is giving exagerated credit to Messi.
you are merengue not cry baby😭😭😭😭😭😭🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷

They say that this was one of the best finals in World Cup history. For me it was only suffering, luckily with a happy ending. Luckily I don't have heart problems

aaaa-1671396068322.jpeg

It's so hard too lose on PK, like in 2006... (even when you thing it's already over during the game)
And the Kolo Muani face to face whit Martinez...
Congratulations Argentina and Messi deserve it

2006 broke our hearts. Zidane's last match in his career, he who had ended his career with the NT for the first time, and returned for this World Cup. We had been better and didn't deserved to losed it. But today no regrets, the team completely missed its match, and only woke up in the last minutes with the excellent return of Kolo Muani, and our new king of France: Mbappé. Who said it's a republic ? We have a new king !
The story only begins with him. From these first months in Monaco, and listening to his first interviews at a young age, we knew he was not like the others. He's here for history. And given the pool of talent in France around him, we can hope to win others very soon. This final, we don't deserve it, we weren't good, but the emotion provided by this scenario full of twists allows us to come out with our heads held high. Focus on 2026 now, Mbappé could reach it even higher. Klose record is on a wire.

I'll quote many others - best World Cup final I've ever saw in my whole life. My favourite tournament will always be France 1998 tho, was my first "conscious" Mundial, all the rest (2006 included, and I say this as an italian) can't compete with the magic of then.

That said - I wasn't nice with Argentina at the start of the tournament. I said Scaloni was a yes man and Messi was pulling the strings - and I still think it. But the fact that they won the tournament completely changed the perspective. Guy kept on puttin all the team on his shoulders match after match, being decisive in practically any leg, final too.. so, he proved that loading him of all the expectations and the control was the right thing to do. Never winning the World Cup was the last truly thing people could blame him for and he deleted it just in the last chapter of the book, putting in his palmares something his eternal rival will never have. Chapeau. The most beautiful and romantic ending to the Messi era possible, and the beginning of another: Mbappé's one, of course. Guy is truly of another world and I'm sure he'll write some incredible pages as well.

Btw guys, just after coming back from the celebration i wanna say, this world cup has the name of argentina in it, but its dedicated to all of the people who supported us along the long road even you don't have the nationality, i was out there celebration with people from Germany, Italy, Venezuela, Uruguay, Colombia, China, Senegal, we were all out there drinking and having the best time of our life being happy. Love & peace to all of you!

Clearly most dramatic final in World Cup ever. Dramatic does not mean best, the referee gift the penalty to Argentina, sadly this happened many times druing this tournament which made many people belive that Fifa push Messi to win the world cup. For me they didn`t deserve the win during whole tournament, didn`t show the quality like other teams do, England, France, Brazil, Croatia... But the best team doesn`t always win, in the final they were better though, but that first goal was like black spot, too much to be happening in the world cup final. Anyway CONGRATULATIONS to all argentinians here, enjoy and celebrate!

I'm Brasil supporter but I'm so glad for Messi. It felt like a movie ngl, after years of failing to win WC, he finally made it on his most likely final World Cup.
Also my favourite players all retired years ago (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Crespo, etc) and back in 2006, Messi and Cr7 were like young kids. To see those new generation players finally getting old and nearing retirement stage was hard to watch.

Have really enjoyed most of the matches in this world cup, the results and outcomes were bizarre. Some of the underdog teams like Japan also showcased incredible fast dribbling skills despite loosing, Morocco was something else! The final match was kinda generic at first, but when France made a come back on 2nd half, holy shit it was stressful but entertaining asf to watch.

And Kylian Mbappé deserves Golden boot. This guy's a tank with his powerful and accurate shots.

Very entertaining world cup I've witnessed over the years.

View attachment 193350

The argentinian bench was so excited, they were already on the field when Messi scored that 3-2.

Cristiano Ronaldo fanboys assemble!

@KingCR7MyGOAT has already tweeted his dossier to Gianni.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theory stuff at all. I think it's hilarious when people do, though, so the fact that Messi avoided a booking yesterday and in the quarter final for clear yellow card offences tickles me.

I was surprised when they beat Croatia.

Probably that was this game which gave them a moral boost for the final.
I can`t describe how they beat Croatia, the penalty was also gifted to them, after that referee refused to blow for clear penalty for Croatia. For me VAR was the stupidest thing happened in football history, referees were so lenient which is awfull. They refuse to watch the situation whey they need to, othere refereees in var room also didn`t see what is happening??? This is not fair at all!

I can`t describe how they beat Croatia, the penalty was also gifted to them, after that referee refused to blow for clear penalty for Croatia. For me VAR was the stupidest thing happened in football history, referees were so lenient which is awfull. They refuse to watch the situation whey they need to, othere refereees in var room also didn`t see what is happening??? This is not fair at all!
d546b6bce1626ae97009e43a92d8f7cc.gif

tenor.gif

What a World Cup! So much surprises and so much drama. Happy for Argentina 🇦🇷 they showed a lot of passion and grinta (and shithousery of course 😂). I said it and I'll say it again, I'm 100% for Morocco but as son as they go out, I'm all for the Albiceleste. Emiliano, Romero, De Paul, Di María and the GOAT were nothing but class since day 1!

However, I appreciate the performance of Mbappé, the bro doesn't disappoint, he is a fucking beast, give him space or don't he will punish you. But despite that, I can't find any reason to support France, yes fair play to them, they deservedly knocked out Poland and England, but you just shouldn't shove politics in football, for those who follow Emmanuel Macron would understand what I mean. And I will never get over the two uncalled penalties for Boufal and Amallah.

But regardless, it's one to remember!

Cristiano Ronaldo fanboys assemble!

@KingCR7MyGOAT has already tweeted his dossier to Gianni.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theory stuff at all. I think it's hilarious when people do, though, so the fact that Messi avoided a booking yesterday and in the quarter final for clear yellow card offences tickles me.
Bro, they even investigated the size of that dress Messi wore while lifting the trophy 😂

VAR is amazing. It's the officials and referees fault for not utilizing it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom