UEFA EURO 2016 France / Tournament schedule in 1. post

fantastic island yesterday, congrats to them and their fans.

like i said earlier, one of the teams i will cheer for.

As you can probably imagine, I am quite happy with my team :D Did a good job, although Portugal had a lot more clear chances, you could say we took ours.

Although the result has surprised many, Ronaldo being a giant bellend will surprise no one. I don't know why he's complaining about Iceland parking the bus, a more composed and agressive approach would have probably won us the match. Some nerves in the first ever final tournament for the team have to be allowed, though.

Also, even with the "bus parked" Ronaldo himself had numerous open chances, which he failed to convert.

Seeing his smile turn upside down as the game went on was a highlight. Long may it continue.

Not a win, but certainly feels like one.

Been a good tournie so far, some really good goals.

Only 1 game played so far, but Italy by a mile were most impressive.

I'm hoping Italy or Portugal win it, although I like Ronaldo his stinking attitude towards sportmanship sometimes annoys me.

FD

Yeah Italy really surprised me, not sure why but I didn't expect them to play so well. Although that game against Belgium possibly says more about the state of Belgium... Hard to say, roll on the next matches, please.

Also... Is there going to be a picture thread with some attractive ladies because... well does there really need to be a reason for that???

Slovakia doing well against Russia, look likely to win it... Not that the mob part of the Russian audience would behave either way, but something is going down after that match if it ends like this.

Two great goals by Slovakia...hope Russia looses against Wales too...good riddance after the reactions of the Prime minister and police chief...

I have nothing against Russian people, but Putin's regime is a disgrace...i preferrred Gorbachov...

good day for us, very good, it was very difficult in the end, but we made it!

still a chance for miracle in this group for us :P

As you can probably imagine, I am quite happy with my team :D Did a good job, although Portugal had a lot more clear chances, you could say we took ours.

Although the result has surprised many, Ronaldo being a giant bellend will surprise no one. I don't know why he's complaining about Iceland parking the bus, a more composed and agressive approach would have probably won us the match. Some nerves in the first ever final tournament for the team have to be allowed, though.

Also, even with the "bus parked" Ronaldo himself had numerous open chances, which he failed to convert.

Seeing his smile turn upside down as the game went on was a highlight. Long may it continue.

Not a win, but certainly feels like one.

it is a big win, Iceland are for me the winners already, incredible achievement... i love when underdogs play well and prove it.. and not to mention to visit your country is in my life´s plans :)

not a fan of the 24 teams format.
so far the team I liked was Italy.
It's better, alot of time the third groups games are boring, not now, exemple Albania after two defeats can (maybe) go in the 1/8 if win over Romania.

It's great for little countries and make qualifying more exciting too.

Last edited:
the punishment for some stupid Croatian fans, without the suspension of few minutes, they could possibly win.

Good job !

Great way of demonstrating how you can destroy the game of your own team...idiots.

The German commentary even said that Croatian "fans" were involved into fist fights with each other.

The people who threw the flares are protesting Croatians who want their team to be disqualified. This is due to all the corruption and match fixing present in their country and their association that supports it and accomodates it. It's gotten so far that they want to sabotage the Euro campaign so HNS does not receive money from UEFA. They already did it during the qualifiers, with the fireworks in Milan and the swastika on the pitch in Split. If you were reading around the Internet a bit you'd have known they were going to do something like this, can't say I'm surprised. If you take a closer look you can see a group of people wearing neutral colours instead of red and white checkered tops.

don´t know where i read about it, but this might be true... would explain why Dinamo Zagreb players Coric and Rog were taken to EURO instead of Halilović who had a good season with Gijon..

I read they went to be sold for more money by Zagreb who are in financial troubles... the national coach being a puppet of the main man of Croatia football , who is Zagreb´s owner...? something like that.. i say it is the only logical explanation for the exclusion of Halilović from this tournament... and there was also problems with Lovren, who up untill now has been a permanent member of the team..

@Damjan & @PIPA23

Both of you are more or less correct. But this is not the way to make changes in our domestic football. This won't change a thing, those on the top will just continue with their usual "we will fight to stop hooligans" talk and because of things like this one today more and more people will back them up instead of those stupid "fans". Whatever we think about top figures in our football stadium is not the place to solve those problems, especially not with violence.

I partially hope that UEFA will harshly punish our team so that we can finally start with some cleaning work in our football...starting from those who dare to call themselves fans and working all the way up to the top

They already did it during the qualifiers, with the fireworks in Milan and the swastika on the pitch in Split.

Here you are guys a bit more about that:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ia-fans-terrorism-italy-planned-cry-attention

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ndzukic-swastika-croatian-football-federation

and about situation in Croatian football:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3c3j2d/multiple_corruption_happenings_in_croatian/

I read they went to be sold for more money by Zagreb who are in financial troubles... the national coach being a puppet of the main man of Croatia football , who is Zagreb´s owner...?
that's the guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqLv9H1GcIU

While the influential media outlets in Croatia are trying to prove that everything is "business as usual" within the team, one cannot avoid the point that there is nothing "usual" about the atmosphere surrounding the team when we think of the public's reaction prior to other big football tournaments. In all honesty, if it weren't for the few commercials on TV trying to lift the national spirit (and of course get you to buy their product) you'd never say such a big tournament is just around the corner. And we're supposed to be a nation that lives for football. A lot of supporters are boycotting the team, as they feel that the Federation officials have put their personal gain in front of the team’s interest.

Last edited:
It's better, alot of time the third groups games are boring, not now, exemple Albania after two defeats can (maybe) go in the 1/8 if win over Romania.

It's great for little countries and make qualifying more exciting too.
more than half of the games were boring this year.

and don't get me wrong, I do like it when there are stories of david versus goliath but it's nice when there is one or two davids not half of the attendees.
also it's less interesting when 3 teams of some groups get to advance to the next round.

I also wonder "what's the point to making long qualifications to give half the teams in Europe a ticket to the competition. the current phase group looks like a qualification phase already so a playoff would have been good enough IMO.

realy shame if something happens with the Croatia situation...they have been the most entertaining team and certainly my favourite to progress further...

everyone is just talking about "hooligans" now and that they are guilty for such result and nobody is commenting moves of installed coach (whose biggest experience was coaching Dinamo Zagreb and Lokomotiva (Dinamo's second team which btw plays in the same division) among other Croatian lower-leages clubs)... it was clearly that we were struggling after Modrić had to go out becouse of injury, and he made next substitues in the last minutes of the game

Guess he got some quality advices from Zdravko Mamic

13450154_807753332659357_4200998098828814275_n.jpg

I suppose we should rather praise those elementary school dropouts as heroes and freedom fighters?

Entire world is watching and this is how we present ourselves? With rampant hooliganism? From international perspective, no one really gives a damn about our internal bickerings and corrupt footballing officials. Nobody perceives those idiots as noble warriors. Wrong time, wrong place, wrong methods.

Narrow minds with puny particular interests, blinded by hate. Let's burn the entire building simply because we can't get rid of a few tennants. Doesn't matter that all the tennants will be forced to spend next X winters living in the improvised shelters while the building gets rebuilt. We managed to drive-off the bloody heathens in the end, right?

Perfect analogy for what's inevitably comming from UEFA officials - a lenghty ban for our NT. Glorious legacy for the new and non-corrupted HNS management. Perhaps we might compete at intl level qualifications again around 2020?

#MiHrvati

Back
Top Bottom