The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YouTube - FC Twente vs SL Benfica - Halbzeit 1 - PES 2012

look at 5:54, no option in the central midfield to pass the ball around, positioning and movement are far from being realistic, no options, no logic, no players occupying the huge amount of space left in the midfield

Teams don't play as a team like before. I loved the collective game in defending i needed to have in demo 1 and 2.

- 5:59 when the midfielder recieves the pass, turn to his right side and the only option is a teamate who's far awa on the right side of the pitch, look at that amount of space not occupied with a midfielder, wtf is that...
and there yo have two cpu players running at yo as always. I mean, pressuring with two players may has natural risk, but you can't take any advantage over this with this dum ai midfield movement.

- 6:17. LOOK at the amount of space at the left of the ball carrier and no other midfielder coming close to make possible to pass the ball around. THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT PEOLE, having options to pass the ball around is the nature of football when planning your attackying plays, and it's simplly LACKING in this game now.

- 6:37 Look at the cp conter attack, stop it 6:43 and look at how messy are players positions, take a look at the amount of space not occupied. This has NOTHING to do with football.

This game turned out to be a completely mess and it's final version.

Last edited:
Off thread - lol i just played pes 2011 online as mybbrother joined an online game and got to go away (he didn't want to lose money), and let me say, what a crap game pes 2011 is as well...

Actually i was very surprised how good i played the first half, i was winning by 1-0 and had 67% ´posssseion, then in the second half, despite one of my players bein sent off, the game became a mess with that bullet ball speed (pinball), and then the guy i was playing against took advantage of it, hit some ping pong first time touchs, come throgh pass and beat me easily by 3-1.

Pes 2011 and 2012 are both stupid games that is far from being the potential they showed me on the demos. Online is an arcadish mess in both games and the overall gameplay is SHOCKINg compared to their demos.

I can't think of another gaming company as bad as konami. Luckly they have Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Football games nowadays are not made for me, it's for noobs who want a so automated aritificial, easy and fast gameplay where creativity and patience don't count.

Last edited:
Sorry in my opinion demo 1 was shit big shit.
What about demo 2? I'm not talking about any aspect except PLAYABILITY. I know the graphics etc werent great but the gameplay was the best I've ever played on a football game.

The gameplay on the full game is unresponsive, random nonsense and playing the computer is an absolute chore, rendering master league etc completely useless...

I honestly think that they sacked off the demos and just tweaked pes2011 - even the 'Active AI' which we've seen on the demo videos seems to have been completely scrapped!

im still trying to enjoy this game, with jenkey 1.4 beta its slightly closer to demo 2, but still the problem of AI teams defending like gladiators in their penalty area and bombing forward with lethal counter attacking every time they get the ball, turning the game into a constant end to end pinball match.

I just lost 4-2 to stoke with man city, whelan scored a 40 yard free kick and crouch scored a long range screamer after a blind 20 yard back heel by delap!

Another thing I notice is how they've broken the defensive system, there is too greater gap between defence and midfield when trying to contain, so often the back line is so deep that if they beat your jockeying midfielder all they have to do is run forward for a free shot on goal because your defence is too far away to close them down.

+1

CPU defending is perfect while our defences are a mess, the game comepletey lost thta collective feeling when defenfing, there's no chane to re-organize an re-occpyie the space left in te midfield.

Last edited:
People said having a 60Hz display has been reported to fix the sprint bug? I can't demonstrate for myself because my 360 RRoD'd years ago...

Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

You're talking sense mate - although a major overhaul seemed necessary before THAT/THOSE demo/s having played them I would have had no complaints of a full game of that standard.

Unfortunately, the only people who feedback to konami are the weird bunch who enjoyed the pile of cack that was PES 2011.

And the only way they can fix goalies is by making the shots weaker than a 12 year old off balance with the mumps.

All they need to do is completely revamp the goalkeepers (same animations and magnet hands since the 90s) and use the gameplay from the demo. Have 0 assisted passing as standard and make the player select choose players behind the ball when defending and in front when attacking (in multiplayer).

Then you have a footy game the ps3 can be proud of, which it hasnt yet.

At least I still have the demos and can enjoy the best football game ever made!

If people find a way to enjoy the full release then let them - but theyre absolutely missing out.

i share similar frustrations to you but there is no need to insult people who enjoyed last years game. not everyone thinks the same so, maybe i could suggest what i'm doing if i end up trading or selling this years, dont give them your money if next years isnt a decent improvement?

He's already been warned for that.

Like I said before in case no one noticed, this thread isn't here to promote trollage and disrespect. This is for venting complaints, discontent, unhappiness with the game. And always keep it constructive and respectful, no matter what.

I think i got it. I managed to sign out and in of my controllers. I thought i had to do it in game. So, i played a game and it makes such a a difference without the sprint/jerk bug. Play is at least more fluid.

:LOL: i come back after 24 hours of madness in real life to see so much drama unfold here on this board.

I see this game has claimed the lives of my good friends dudu and Jamez.

all i can say really is wow.

It's all par for the course klash, the game has been out for a week and the usual cycle of moaning and then absolute bliss starts again.

It's all par for the course klash, the game has been out for a week and the usual cycle of moaning and then absolute bliss starts again.

The difference this year is the Demo was bliss from the very fist attack. No demo has ever felt so good and 99% of the time the final version is superior which of course is not the case this time round.

here is more evidence of broken defensive positioning:

yf4Lu.jpg

I am 40 yards out and the CPU AI back line is INSIDE the 6 yard box? when do you ever see that? Maybe in the last 2 minutes of the world cup final but not in the first 5 minutes of a random exhibition match

This can't be fixed with tactics either, no matter what dline you set the players just keep retreating further and further until they are on top of the keeper

That's "Active Ai" :WORSHIP:

The difference this year is the Demo was bliss from the very fist attack. No demo has ever felt so good and 99% of the time the final version is superior which of course is not the case this time round.

This. It's not the case that I dislike PES2012 - it's a decent game. I'm just disappointed that the game doesn't seem as good as it could be, and indeed has been in the demo.

I've seen enough to keep persevering with the game and hopefully it will grow on me and maybe some of this issues will be patched over time or be alleviated by option files.

You got me there. There seems to be much more mention of the demo this time around, not so much as with 2011.

You got me there. There seems to be much more mention of the demo this time around, not so much as with 2011.

Last year was the same but to a lesser extent. For instance the refs were massively dumbed down between demo and retail in PES2011. The stricter refs in the demo would have added so much to the final game, i.e. forced more intelligent defending.

I seem to remember the passing wasn't quite as free either. The MLO beta was a real joy last year but a little something was lost by the time the full game hit.

Konami should really take note of this next year. The hardcores are the one who want more realism, and Konami's target market is the hardcore segment, right? Making the demo less realistic doesn't achieve that intended purpose.

Konami should really take note of this next year. The hardcores are the one who want more realism, and Konami's target market is the hardcore segment, right? Making the demo less realistic doesn't achieve that intended purpose.

It's getting to the stage where the hardcore players are now Konami's core market. The casuals almost exclusively play Fifa these days. Konami should cut their losses with the casual crowd and go all-out to provide a top quality simulation experience.

After all that is what made PES great all those years back when it was just a niche product from Japan.

here is more evidence of broken defensive positioning:

yf4Lu.jpg

I am 40 yards out and the CPU AI back line is INSIDE the 6 yard box? when do you ever see that? Maybe in the last 2 minutes of the world cup final but not in the first 5 minutes of a random exhibition match

This can't be fixed with tactics either, no matter what dline you set the players just keep retreating further and further until they are on top of the keeper

Thats not broken defensive AI at all. thats just tactics! Probably long ball!

Thats very PES 5,6 like defending however :(

Thats not broken defensive AI at all. thats just tactics! Probably long ball!

Thats very PES 5,6 like defending however :(

I'm using some of the tactics you posted for teams in the other thread and even when using the Possession one with Man City for example, my own defence still drop this deep which keeps playing the cpu onside :(

Anyone tried a ranked match? try that and watch how bad this game can be. 100 mph passes with first time passes with 100% pass success, to keep assisted this as default for online at 0 is murdering this game, after last year, i thought surely they'll learn and demo, but this is my least favourite game from pes series online. bring back pes 08 over this shit anyday.

Bah why can't I enjoy this? There are so many things putting me off :( I keep trying to play it but have no urge to play the game from one to another, don't know why.

I think it's the game's aesthetics. I'm very much a graphics whore. They're SO bad I just can't get immersed in it. Yet I've seen so many reviews actually saying the graphics are an improvement over PES2011. What a load of rubbish. The textures are as low resolution as the demo, which is awful. Then there's the lighting which is worse than PES2011. Night time games look appalling. Team kits in-game are all smeared and blurred, and I just tried a major xbox 360 option file, took all night to get the thing transferred and working, and never realised that xbox option files can't import images, so all the details on kits and badges etc are all drawn on using the in-game tools. Fair play to those who took an age doing all this, they've clearly got talent, but they don't hold up well.

But there are so many other tiny things I don't like.

I just don't like the way the ball glides everywhere across the turf, or the movement of the players across the pitch. Doesn't feel like they're actually planting their feet in the turf, like they're floating or something.

Still enjoying PES2011 and FIFA12 a whole lot more, and I don't know why. It's pissing me off because I loved PES2011 and spent all summer excitedly waiting to play the new improved Football Life. I currently have no inclination because I can't be arsed.

Since buying this game I think I can remember one match where I genuinely enjoyed it. That was a Germany v France international. Playing club teams feel dreadful. The pressure extends to me having three players surrounding me by the time the kick off is passed back to the guy on the edge of the centre circle. In fact the pressure system in this is making it feel like it's almost impossible to do anything creative on the ball.

Last edited:
Im also really trying to like it, Been on it now for 2 hours and it just feels like a chore to play and im just going through the motions.

LTFC you say your enjoying Fifa, is it better than the demo? Wasnt really keen on the demo but that could of been down to loving the PES demo so much, i did like Fifa 11 is it a big improvement over that? Is it less predictable? And have the 1v1's been toned down?

I'm using some of the tactics you posted for teams in the other thread and even when using the Possession one with Man City for example, my own defence still drop this deep which keeps playing the cpu onside :(

Try using the manual and automatic offside trap :)

The automatic one works very well. If you don't switch it on they wont activley try it which is why they drop back so much. I was struggling a bit when playing possesion football and noticed it was much easier to atteck and play a high line with auto offside set on :)

Last edited:
I've tried automatic but didn't find it worked too well. Manual works but by the time you realise what is happening it is too late to push out. I mean I am controlling 1 defender, trying to cover space and hold up the attacker, only to find that the rest have dropped right into the 6 yard box and by the time I push the left direction to activate manual offside trap, the ball has been played through already with the attacker still onside.

Its just one of 3 issues really spoiling the game for me at the moment. I love it most of the time but then something like that happens and I just find myself turning it off, something which I have never done with a PES game before :(

Bah why can't I enjoy this? There are so many things putting me off :( I keep trying to play it but have no urge to play the game from one to another, don't know why.

I think it's the game's aesthetics. I'm very much a graphics whore. They're SO bad I just can't get immersed in it. Yet I've seen so many reviews actually saying the graphics are an improvement over PES2011. What a load of rubbish. The textures are as low resolution as the demo, which is awful. Then there's the lighting which is worse than PES2011. Night time games look appalling. Team kits in-game are all smeared and blurred, and I just tried a major xbox 360 option file, took all night to get the thing transferred and working, and never realised that xbox option files can't import images, so all the details on kits and badges etc are all drawn on using the in-game tools. Fair play to those who took an age doing all this, they've clearly got talent, but they don't hold up well.

I agree with this for the most part, except the night lighting which I think is pretty decent. I'm a bit of a graphics whore too and PES2012 isn't satisfying visually. It can look great close-up, and those panning shots of the stadium pre-kick off/half time/post match look really sharp, but when the on-pitch action starts the resolution seems to drop. It's clearly worse than PES2011, which was worse than PES2010. This shouldn't be the case.

But there are so many other tiny things I don't like.

I just don't like the way the ball glides everywhere across the turf, or the movement of the players across the pitch. Doesn't feel like they're actually planting their feet in the turf, like they're floating or something.

It's crazy that in 2011 we're still talking about the lack of foot-planting in PES. You can clearly see player's feet sliding to reposition themselves between touches or when receiving a pass.

The animations don't help with the believability either.

Back
Top Bottom