The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An average european team in pes 2012 full version plays much better defensevily than inter milan when they won the CL and can counter atack much better than AC MIlan the last time they won the CL (kaka, schev etc).

This is by far the biggest quality drop i have ever seen in game industry between demo and full version.

after a period of enjoyment, started ML and have noticed how fake the cpu acts at times, the play one touch football like there barcelona and this is with a team with lowest stats, crossing is too effective, and as much as people praise the cpu, theres little build up play, its always fast paced counter attack and its just grinding on me now, watched spain vs scotland on superstar level and somehow scotland had more possesion and all spain did was counter attack really. The stubble animation is too affective in the sense it most the time has you losing the ball without giving a foul. At moments when i start to enjoy pes, other moments overshadow it and fact i have to use d-pad doesn't help much either, thanks konami.

PS: referees are dreadful

Last edited:
Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Seriously, I'm not feeling this game at all. It feels like quite a regression from the magnificent demo 1. No need for me to go into detail as it's all been said countless times, but for me the game feels a chore to play and very joyless. The anti-PES if you like.

Mix in the poor, jarring animations, sub-par graphics and atrocious sound and I hate to say it, but it's not looking good for this game.

PES needs a massive overhaul, top to bottom. :((

This is a fine example of the hysteria surrounding the release of this game.
In the first paragraph he says that the first demo was magnificent.
His conclusion is that the game needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom. How is that possible if the first demo was magnificent?

It's true that there is something wrong when the differences between demo 1, demo 2 and the retail version are that big. And i can understand that some people feel cheated because they thought (and rightly so) that the retail version would be like the second demo... Most people here will be too young, but it seems to me that Konami are the Bob Dylan of games: capable of the best and the worst and the outtakes (Blind Willie Mc Tell) are the best bits...better than the official versions.

That said concluding that a game needs a massive overhaul if you think the first demo is magnificent is bull shit.

after a period of enjoyment, started ML and have noticed how fake the cpu acts at times, the play one touch football like there barcelona and this is with a team with lowest stats, crossing is too effective, and as much as people praise the cpu, theres little build up play, its always fast paced counter attack and its just grinding on me now, watched spain vs scotland on superstar level and somehow scotland had more possesion and all spain did was counter attack really. The stubble animation is too affective in the sense it most the time has you losing the ball without giving a foul. At moments when i start to enjoy pes, other moments overshadow it and fact i have to use d-pad doesn't help much either, thanks konami.

PS: referees are dreadful

imo, this pretty much sums up every PES since day 1. So nothing's changed.

I've not even bothered starting a ML, as I fully expected it to be as you describe. Exhibition matches are quite good, the cpu makes a few mistakes, etc. But to read that in ML, suddenly the same cpu team becomes pixel perfect passing, perfect first touch, every cpu player is perfect, their stats don't matter a shit.....no change there then, Konami. Same old shit.

And by all accounts, online play is the same crock of shit as it always has been.

So I've simply stuck to playing be-a-pro mode (or whatever it's called - where you used fixed control of one guy) and I'm actually quite enjoying it. Not reached that point in the season yet where my team is closing in on the title and I inevitably get dropped to ensure my team loses a few games, or get subbed from matches we are winning so that I can't stop the opposition going on to beat us....as always.

Last edited:
I'm finding impossible to win the CL with Barça. Playing against average teams is so fuckin hard not beacuse the AI is really good, but because the game is crap, too unbalanced and ai cheats as hell.

It's actually funny how awful is my ai defending positioning compared to how the cpu defence is so much more disciplined, it is almost flawless, they can follow any attack move, they can pressure easily in midfield, it's almost impossible to get to somewhere on a counter and etc. And what about the CPU passing speed and allien dribbling skills... omg what the hell is that ? loooooool

The goals i scored simply don't convince me. There's no chance or advantage about trying to slow down the game. I stopped using manual passing too much, so my attacking plays became a lot faster, so the -2 doesn't felt "right" anymore (it actually never did as th ball is too floaty). In the demo 2 i used manual passing a good amount of times on a match and i could slow down the game passing the ball around and creating many good and varied attackin plays, but now...

Argh.. this game is just awful... i think playing with lesser teams on a different mode can be better, but it's just so bad playing CL games..

I chose Barcelone because i really expected to see many beatiful attacking moves, but what a dellusion, what a deception.

I'm really thinkin about selling. It would be a record for me selling a game after one day. hahahaha....

Last edited:
Demo 1 was an instant hit for me, back in August I really thought this was the first game since PS2 PES that would keep me hooked for an entire year. It was very rough around the edges, sure, but that's why it was a very early preview code. I just can't believe they completely butchered the final version. In that first demo, team and player individuality were much more noticeable, the referees were perfect and the flow of the game was superb once you'd gotten used to defending. Almost nothing of that remains in the retail code.

I just used to play as Santos vs Penarol in demo 1 and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! You could do the shortest of passes to the longest of shots with complete response, and you could score so many different types of goals. Also, the computer played with variety and scored as many good goals as I did! With the active AI it couldnt lose - we were finally in for a NEW game!

Then demo 2 came out - played as America vs Internacional, and although slightly underwhelmed compared to the first demo, the computer still played a good game, there were some great goals and as Jon Murphy had stated "I can confirm that demo 2 is final code", after a little perserverance I managed to enjoy it almost as much as the first demo, safe in the knowledge that learning to defend etc was going to help me in my master league game on full release.

After last years game (which lost PES lots of fans - where I live anyway, noone played pes2011! But the demo was good - remember??!?!?), I thought that demo 2 was still a massive leap forward from Konami's efforts of the last few years. And I was happy that the Active AI, ball physics and players weight, speed, touch and responsiveness were all strides on from what we've seen before. I could play this game all year and hope that next years will be more demo 1ish.

In the full version it's become clunky, unresponsive, the players are physically too weak, the referee has become terrible (NO excuse for a bad referee in a computer game - they shouldnt get decisions wrong as they have the exact data of the foul!) and it's gone back to 2011 for me.

This game may keep it's fans from 2011, but it certainly wont make any new ones. I feel completely conned and even if (actually when) I sell it I'll be gutted that I've added +1 to their sales figures for such a crappy disappointing product.

I'll finish my BAL mode and sell it and buy a banoffee pie! And play the demo with cake on my cheeks and a smile on my face!

FFS

I'm still modifying settings to see if i can find my most suited balance. However, nothing can counter the problem i have of the sprint/jerk bug. It has ruined games for me in that a) i cannot chase back, as my man slows down whenever he jerks (ie stops running) and b) i cannot break past a defender or down a wing as this stutter means my attacker is subsequently caught because of his jerk frenzy.
Someone mentioned something about modifiying your tv's resolution, but i don't think mine (and many others) can do that. I'm guessing this was another error in Konami's testing. I really hope this can be fixed with a patch. Forget the boot updates, fix the fundamentals.

Last edited:
I'm still modifying settings to see if i can find my most suited balance. However, nothing can counter the problem i have of the sprint/jerk bug. It has ruined games for me in that a) i cannot chase back, as my man slows down whenever he jerks (ie stops running) and b) i cannot break past a defender or down a wing as this stutter means my attacker is subsequently caught because of his jerk frenzy.
Someone mentioned something about modifiying your tv's resolution, but i don't think mine (and many others) can do that. I'm guessing this was another error in Konami's testing. I really hope this can be fixed with a patch. Forget the boot updates, fix the fundamentals.

it will
http://twitter.com/#!/JonMurphy_PES/status/126557617689595904

Preview build was the best !

the version i imagined in my mind was the best :P
i agree with gerd when he says that there is too much confusion about the real game potential, becuase it's too early to judge right now. Football games should be fully judged after two-three playtest months

i agree with gerd when he says that there is too much confusion about the real game potential, becuase it's too early to judge right now. Football games should be fully judged after two-three playtest months
How long do you have to chew on a turd to realise that it ain't chocolate?

I just used to play as Santos vs Penarol in demo 1 and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! You could do the shortest of passes to the longest of shots with complete response, and you could score so many different types of goals. Also, the computer played with variety and scored as many good goals as I did! With the active AI it couldnt lose - we were finally in for a NEW game!

Then demo 2 came out - played as America vs Internacional, and although slightly underwhelmed compared to the first demo, the computer still played a good game, there were some great goals and as Jon Murphy had stated "I can confirm that demo 2 is final code", after a little perserverance I managed to enjoy it almost as much as the first demo, safe in the knowledge that learning to defend etc was going to help me in my master league game on full release.

After last years game (which lost PES lots of fans - where I live anyway, noone played pes2011! But the demo was good - remember??!?!?), I thought that demo 2 was still a massive leap forward from Konami's efforts of the last few years. And I was happy that the Active AI, ball physics and players weight, speed, touch and responsiveness were all strides on from what we've seen before. I could play this game all year and hope that next years will be more demo 1ish.

I forgot all bout those games, they were incredible and the flow of the match superb, how did Konami lose the flow and fluidness so much? How did they manage to make fantastic AI and then turn it on it's head to be distinctly average? :RANT:

I have now spent about 5 hours with the full game and it seems to me they have just re released PES2011. Dribbling aside this could be the same game with all the same problems.
I feel as though about a third of my time playing is spent wrestling with the game to get it to do what I want. This will probably last me a few months just like last year, until the faults are too much to bare anymore.
I will not be buying another PES until they totally rebuild the game, its very obvious whats holding it back.

Are you kidding, this is nothing like PES2011. It feels like a brand new game. Just not an entirely polished one......namely graphics.

I am continually astonished at how Konami managed to release such a shit looking game. Gameplay aside, which I generally really like, games played at night look absolutley horrific. With the low resolution it looks like a PS2 game. Much, much worse than PES2011.

Not a vital issue, but when it's sitting next to games like Unchartered 2, Killzone 3, Battlefield 3, Batman games, Forza 4, FIFA12, the graphics aren't just a 'bit worse' but a whole generation behind.

Are you kidding, this is nothing like PES2011. It feels like a brand new game.

From demo 2 we didnt have the stumble, we didnt have players getting the ball stuck in their feet alot and we didnt have defenders not putting a foot out to stop the ball which is right beside them

Those 3 things have made it into the final game making it feel very much like PES 2011. Also things like running animations, passing animations, toe poke animations and the dredful sound and poor graphics look and sound very similar to PES 2011.

I would say demo 2 felt like a different game to 2011, for sure. But 2012 feels similar to 2011 through its flaws. I really wrestled with 2011 and demo 2 was a lot better - thing seemed somewhat "fixed". The bad thing about demo 2 were the awful keepers, however. I'd have been very happy with demo 2 gameplay with the fixed keepers.

I would say demo 2 felt like a different game to 2011, for sure. But 2012 feels similar to 2011 through its flaws. I really wrestled with 2011 and demo 2 was a lot better - thing seemed somewhat "fixed". The bad thing about demo 2 were the awful keepers, however. I'd have been very happy with demo 2 gameplay with the fixed keepers.
Did you see the champions league goals last night? 90% of keepers are a bit dodgy, and in 1 vs 1 situations most of them are beaten.

All that needed to be done was the vertical parries removed/reduced and made into parries behind for a corner or at least out to the side.

Playing demo 1 all day today, it really is the best football game evr for me - shame theres no lasting 1 player mode but the game is whats important and i can still play multiplayer etc.

Is it still in the store? I feel sorry for people who've deleted it and bought the full title!

This is a fine example of the hysteria surrounding the release of this game.
In the first paragraph he says that the first demo was magnificent.
His conclusion is that the game needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom. How is that possible if the first demo was magnificent?

It's true that there is something wrong when the differences between demo 1, demo 2 and the retail version are that big. And i can understand that some people feel cheated because they thought (and rightly so) that the retail version would be like the second demo... Most people here will be too young, but it seems to me that Konami are the Bob Dylan of games: capable of the best and the worst and the outtakes (Blind Willie Mc Tell) are the best bits...better than the official versions.

That said concluding that a game needs a massive overhaul if you think the first demo is magnificent is bull shit.

I do have a name. Only been here eight years. ;)

As I've said before, even at the time of the first demo, the game is nowhere near up to standard in terms of graphics, sound, animations and fluidity, but......I can overlook all of that if the gameplay really captures me. With demo 1 and 2 the gameplay really did have me engrossed. I loved the AI, both team-mate and CPU. Seeing passing and movement of a quality never seen before in a football game was truly stunning. In the final release the AI feels dumbed down, negative, unadventurous and often scripted. To me the one thing that holds up the whole package has gone from magnificent to sub-standard in the space of a couple of months.

This will be my last post on the matter. I've supported and defended PES on these forums for many years and I like to think I'm honest and say what I see. Therefore I don't appreciate my posts being labelled as hysterical bullshit.

It may be the unspeakable truth to some, but PES does need a ground-up re-work to bridge the technology gap with Fifa. If EA manages to nail the last few things PES does better next year, then PES is really screwed.

prof demo 2 had same jerky issue with controller one, sign out of controller one and sign in with controller two, issue over until there is a fix. Also I highly sugest if your going to play a ML that you change all of the teams strategies in your division

I know It because I have It.

I got to say, the full version of the game did have some improvements here and there. The movements of players are more realistic playing in -2 speed. Keepers are vastly improved, graphics are better imo.

But the AI became frustrating to play against, your teammates simply are not smart to run into spaces as they were on demos. The CPU AI defensivelly is too disciplined, their position seems to be flawless at times, it's always tight and the ball carrier can be pressured by 2 player os the cpu ai far too easily and qickly, you can't open spaces with some good passes around their defence box. I particularly don't see the off the ball Ai attacking movement running into space, there are no longer gaps you can naturally make by atracting the marking with some passes and dribbling a defender. The attacking plays simply don't flow nicely as it was in the demo. By the time you see some attacker getting in a good position, the defenders close the gaps always so quickly, it's like they have a boost in speed at times and a wonderful notion of position, shots are blocked far too easily, or they are floaty and you have no freedom at all to try to place them on corners of the net. All goals i scored were not convincing at all.

While the cpu ai defenders are so fucking good, as soon as they get the ball they instantly pass to a attacker and there you have a maniac conter attack with diabolical dribblin and passing. There are times where they block a pass and, AT THE SAME TIME, they hit a perfect first time pass for a counter. WTF is this ? Their interception works like a wonderful firt time pass, deflection are always in favor to them, specially in your box. Is that supposed to be challenging ? I particlarly think that there's a huge difference between the game being relly challenging with Ai making some convincing HUMAN moves and being far from what a human player is able to do on the game. The methods the CPU use to win is not intelligent at all, simply because it doesn't play like a team would acording to their strenghs. I honestly think that CPU makes stats being very trivial, their god-like passing and dribblin abilities along with a so disciplined and almost unfaliable defendin positioning are pising me off. Btw, the difference in terms of positionin between the cpu and my team when they are on a counter is so huge, it's a clear cheat from the ai. Do i controll all plaers at the same time to be guilty about the huge space in the midfiels ? No!

I'm not even talkin about the misunderstanding of my teammates AI, they don't understand my attacking plan.

What a terrible game i bought 2 days ago. And i can assure you i'm having as much patience as the pope does when he's in a middle of a gay protest on streets, i'm giving the game the chance it deserves.

Last edited:

I do have a name. Only been here eight years. ;)

As I've said before, even at the time of the first demo, the game is nowhere near up to standard in terms of graphics, sound, animations and fluidity, but......I can overlook all of that if the gameplay really captures me. With demo 1 and 2 the gameplay really did have me engrossed. I loved the AI, both team-mate and CPU. Seeing passing and movement of a quality never seen before in a football game was truly stunning. In the final release the AI feels dumbed down, negative, unadventurous and often scripted. To me the one thing that holds up the whole package has gone from magnificent to sub-standard in the space of a couple of months.

This will be my last post on the matter. I've supported and defended PES on these forums for many years and I like to think I'm honest and say what I see. Therefore I don't appreciate my posts being labelled as hysterical bullshit.

It may be the unspeakable truth to some, but PES does need a ground-up re-work to bridge the technology gap with Fifa. If EA manages to nail the last few things PES does better next year, then PES is really screwed.
You're talking sense mate - although a major overhaul seemed necessary before THAT/THOSE demo/s having played them I would have had no complaints of a full game of that standard.

Unfortunately, the only people who feedback to konami are the weird bunch who enjoyed the pile of cack that was PES 2011.

And the only way they can fix goalies is by making the shots weaker than a 12 year old off balance with the mumps.

All they need to do is completely revamp the goalkeepers (same animations and magnet hands since the 90s) and use the gameplay from the demo. Have 0 assisted passing as standard and make the player select choose players behind the ball when defending and in front when attacking (in multiplayer).

Then you have a footy game the ps3 can be proud of, which it hasnt yet.

At least I still have the demos and can enjoy the best football game ever made!

If people find a way to enjoy the full release then let them - but theyre absolutely missing out.

I got to say, the full version of the game did have some improvements here and there. The movements of players are more realistic playing in -2 speed. Keepers are vastly improved, graphics are better imo.

But the AI became frustrating to play against, your teammates simply are not smart to run into spaces as they were on demos. The CPU AI defensivelly is too disciplined, their position seems to be flawless at times, it's always tight and the ball carrier can be pressured by 2 player os the cpu ai far too easily and qickly, you can't open spaces with some good passes around their defence box. I particularly don't see the off the ball Ai attacking movement running into space, there are no longer gaps you can naturally make by atracting the marking with some passes and dribbling a defender. The attacking plays simply don't flow nicely as it was in the demo. By the time you see some attacker getting in a good position, the defenders close the gaps always so quickly, it's like they have a boost in speed at times and a wonderful notion of position, shots are blocked far too easily, or they are floaty and you have no freedom at all to try to place them on corners of the net. All goals i scored were not convincing at all.

While the cpu ai defenders are so fucking good, as soon as they get the ball they instantly pass to a attacker and there you have a maniac conter attack with diabolical dribblin and passing. There are times where they block a pass and, AT THE SAME TIME, they hit a perfect first time pass for a counter. WTF is this ? Their interception works like a wonderful firt time pass, deflection are always in favor to them, specially in your box. Is that supposed to be challenging ? I particlarly i think that there's a huge difference between the game being real challenging with convincing moves and being far from what a human player is able to do on the game. The methods the CPU use to win is not intelligent at all, simply because it doesn't play like a team would acording to their strenghs. I honestly think that CPU makes stats being very trivial, their god-like passing and dribblin abilities along with a so disciplined and almost unfaliable defendin positioning are pising me off. Btw, the difference in terms of positionin between the cpu and my team when they are on a counter is so huge, it's a clear cheat from the ai. Do i controll all plaers at the same time to be guilty about their terrible space in the midfiels ? No!

I'm not even talkin about the misunderstanding of my teammates AI, they don't understand my attacking plan.

What a terrible game i bought 2 days ago. And i can assure i'm having as much patienc as the pope does when he's in a middle of a gay protest on streets, i'm giving the game the chance it deserves.
I'm also patiently trying to enjoy it, but its not as good as the demos - thats a fact, the demo really felt like 11 individual footballers and it felt like you were in their shoes spraying the ball around.

The full game is a travesty as hard as that is to accept.

Playing BAL mode is bearable, although my player chases the ball like a schoolkid even if a teammate has it covered, and supercancelling takes you off the script and unable to recieve the ball realistically.

Like you say, its bearable on -2 speed, but it feels like its on the moon and any game is too easy when its slowed down so much.

Big pity. There must be divide in the Konami camp, that demo was groundbreaking and someone has had it changed. I honestly think that they just burgered up 2011 and left the demos on the heap after the reaction of a few idiots who wanted unbeatable goalies and cpu ai.

I hope theyre happy with this garbage.

is it possible that people enjoyed the demo as it was new and you hadnt played enough to fully evaluate the game.

Then with full game play so much see faults?

or thre is big difference?

is it possible that people enjoyed the demo as it was new and you hadnt played enough to fully evaluate the game.

Big difference, the biggest 3 differences are AI, How fluid the gameplays and the shooting is less assisted.

I'm also patiently trying to enjoy it, but its not as good as the demos - thats a fact, the demo really felt like 11 individual footballers and it felt like you were in their shoes spraying the ball around.

The full game is a travesty as hard as that is to accept.

Playing BAL mode is bearable, although my player chases the ball like a schoolkid even if a teammate has it covered, and supercancelling takes you off the script and unable to recieve the ball realistically.

Like you say, its bearable on -2 speed, but it feels like its on the moon and any game is too easy when its slowed down so much.

Big pity. There must be divide in the Konami camp, that demo was groundbreaking and someone has had it changed. I honestly think that they just burgered up 2011 and left the demos on the heap after the reaction of a few idiots who wanted unbeatable goalies and cpu ai.

I hope theyre happy with this garbage.

Do yo really think that the game can be easy in -2 speed ? I don't think so, because the AI is a master of cheating, even those weird deflections make the ball goes to cpu players feets.

I'm playing with Braça against average teams but i'm having a hard time beating them because of the unatural and artificial cpu skills and it's MUCH more desciplined defence positioning.

Playing Barcelona in CL, i think the only way to get a more realistic pace is using manual passing more ofeten than it's necessary as i do.

But anyway, this game will never give me the feeling i had when i beat Man U with Napoli by 1 - 0, the goal was scored in first 15 of the first half and then i put all at the back of the half line, how good was defending on the demo.

Full version:TTTH::TTTH::TTTH::TTTH: PES:BYE::BYE::BYE::BYE:

Last edited:

I played the demo hundreds of times - it's great fun. Looks like that's the only football game I'll be playing this year!

I've played the full version as much as possible, but it's just last years crap again...

If you havent bought the full game - don't! Rent it!

Cause it's cack!

Back
Top Bottom