The Master League adventures thread

That sure a hell is a good result with minnows like RKC, prof.
Congratulations.

I'm about to start my second season with Braga, the first in the first division (all Spanish teams except the 3 promoted teams: Braga, Porto and Fenerbahce...). I will also play in the Euro Leagues as Cup winners...
I will increase the difficulty settings.

I'm also playing a MM in FIFA with my "local team" KV Mechelen (6 km from where i live).
I'm playing semi-assisted...tried manually, but that is way too difficult for me...problem is that i haven't enough time.

Also playing FM10 (which is a great, great game, way better than PES and FIFA) with US PALERMO. After (barely) 5 matches i still have a maximum score: 15 points...i won against Napoli (home), Atalanta (Away), Juventus (home), Livorno (home) and Bologna (home)...

I've discovered a newe Argentinian litle gem: Pastore (Palermo), another AMF who might become my new D'Allessandro...(my all-time favourite player in PES).

Hey guys, been following this forum on and off for the past few weeks lately, finally decided to sign up so I could interact.

I just started a new ML adventure with Liverpool in the Premier League. I had been playing previously for about 16 seasons or so but decided to restart as there wasn't much of a challenge. I also changed the teams to their official names, as well as the competitions and put all settings on the highest possible difficulty.

First Season

My first season was a bit of a grind, we finished 8th, missing out on a Europa League place. Overall the season was disappointing and frustrating, we drew alot of games. It took awhile to figure out a winning formula, a formation that worked.

But we did have an excellent FA Cup run and having knocked out Celtic, Tottenham Hotspurs and Manchester Utd (highlight of the season!) we made it to the final against Chelsea.

Having taken the lead in the first 20 minutes against Chelsea, I was delighted, but then we got slaughtered 3-1, we never got back into the match and it was all one sided. It was hugely disappointing.

Last Season

However, because Chelsea won the league or because we made it to the finals, Liverpool got into the Europa League the next season! I was amazed. My second season started really well, I think we won our first 8 matches.

I got knocked out of the FA Cup early to Manchester Utd (who went on to win it) although the match we had was very intense and entertaining, I enjoyed it. My consolation was beating Utd twice in the Premier League ;)

The Europa League went really well, Liverpool knocked out Torino and Inter Milan! The game against Inter Milan was probably the biggest we had played since the FA Cup final against Chelsea - the home leg was first and we did outstanding and we're rewarded for our efforts with an injury time goal against Milan!

Radzinski, who I signed for free (he used to play for Fulham) got the goal. We travelled to the San Siro, and Gerrard got the opener, which proved crucial as Inter Milan equalised and then went ahead 2-1 through an amazing Figo goal.

It was a tense last 10 minutes as Milan pushed and pressured us, but we held on to make it to the Semi's. We were against the Greek giants Olympiakos Piraeus. The first leg went well initially, we scored and dominated play, but we conceded a freekick about 30 yards out and amazingly the Greeks stuck it in the net :(

They took that away goal back to Greece, and when we played them again, it was a real fight. The Greeks went ahead first through some terrible defending, but we equalised about 78 mins near the end, only for the Greeks to kill the game off in the 88th min. No time for a comeback!

So we went out, our European dreams ended, but I was proud (if I can say that about playing a videogame..)of my efforts, and it allowed me to concentrate on the Premiership.

Liverpool managed to fight on and stay in 2nd place (Chelsea ran away with the title) and booked our place in the Champions League! Really looking forward to that!

Kuyt, Riise, Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Agger, Hyypia, Luis Garcia, Radzinski, Sissoko and Ceuvas, those were my star players of that season.

Highlights of past season -
Beating Fulham 4-1 (Gerrard scoring a cracker!)
Beating Inter Milan 1-0 (Radzinski!)
Doing a double over Man Utd

Low's of the season -
Losing to Olympiakos Piraeus in the Semi's
Losing 0-4 to Arsenal at Anfield :/
Losing to Man Utd in the FA Cup :/

I have signed just a few new players, because either we can't afford to splash out yet or the big names won't join us just yet. I haven't managed any big names yet, and I think I won't be able to until we win some trophies, so I will concentrate on building up the team up stats wise. Managed to get a 17 year old Costacurta recently so that's a star for the youth!

Do you follow Mechelen gerd?

Welcome PM.

I've had a great start to my second season. I'm unbeaten in the first seven games (three wins and four draws). Amazingly, i noticed that i'm the only team in the league that is unbeaten this season, as others have lost at least once. I think i'm currently 4th. However, i now face PSV, Feyenoord and AZ in a row.

I think my solid start is possibly down to my sqaud not changing (and a regular starting line-up). I released one fringe player, a loanee returned to his club and i made no signings at all. I've also added high defensive arrows to all of my team, so my wingers and CF also track back to defend when i don't have possession.

Hi prof, i'm not really a fan of Mechelen (Brussels is my team), but since they are the local team i'm quite interested in them...

Do you follow Mechelen gerd?

Welcome PM.

I've had a great start to my second season. I'm unbeaten in the first seven games (three wins and four draws). Amazingly, i noticed that i'm the only team in the league that is unbeaten this season, as others have lost at least once. I think i'm currently 4th. However, i now face PSV, Feyenoord and AZ in a row.

I think my solid start is possibly down to my sqaud not changing (and a regular starting line-up). I released one fringe player, a loanee returned to his club and i made no signings at all. I've also added high defensive arrows to all of my team, so my wingers and CF also track back to defend when i don't have possession.

Does it affect your team if you buy in new players and put them straight into the first team? You seem to have a better understanding of the technical and tactical aspects of the game better than I do, I have often tried to figure out that part of the game but I think I need a game guide to get the most out of it.

ps - what version of Pro Evo do you play with?

Yes it does supposedly, because their teamwork is lower when they are new. Look at the teamwork numbers (how players relate to one another) i think its the :circle: button on the menu screen.
A team that has played together for a while will all be in the 70s and 80s probably (depending on their own individual teamwork stat). Bring in a new player and he won't 'know' his other players very well. This is why it's not great sticking a bunch of new players in straight away as the 'communication' will be a bit off. I like to blood players slowly.

I play on PS2. Although i have the xbox version too, i don't like it as much as i do PS2 PES.

I've had it with the Xbox version...i played on an higher level and the CPU team's passing is super human...why can't they have a good balance in the difficulty.
On normal/regular you hammer all the opponents and above that the CPU team's passing is pinpoint accurate (which is very unrealistic).

F*ck Konami...i will spend time playing BAL and FIFA.

Not going with the PSP version this year gerd?

So my unbeaten run from the beginning of my second season went to eight games, where it was halted by a 3-0 thrashing by PSV. Since then, i've slipped down the table a bit, but i'm sniffing around the bottom European places, as i approach the halfway point of the season.

I had a great game recently against newly promoted Rennes. They went 2-0 up by the 61st minute and i appeared to be staring defeat in the face. I brought on my giant striker Kevin Vink, who really doesn't have much going for him, other than his height and body balance (i think that's his only coloured stat, possibly another somewhere else). He is a good presence upfront however and great at holding up the ball or knocking it on. He also had a red arrow, so i threw him in the 75th minute. What a move, as the lad grabbed two goals to equalise and then a winner deep in injury time! What a hat-trick and comeback!

I've done well in the KNVB Beker (cup) so far. I began with a shock 2-1 win over FC Twente in the first round, where i chose to rest some key players and thus fielded a cautious, yet mixed team of youth and experience. Round two saw a long drawn out battle against Roda JC, where substitute striker Eddy Vorm grabbed the only goal and winner in the 109th minute of extra-time.

So more news on the KNVB Beker (cup). I've reached the final and will face PSV, after beating Rennes in the semi-final. It would be nice to get some silverware in just my second season and i think the league cup is the most realistic for a team like mine.

I sadly got knocked out of Europe's second cup competition in the first round. Annoyingly, i was drawn against a team from my own league (Eredivisie), Willem II. Meh.

I'm currently hovering in 9th place in the Eredivisie (with about eight games left). I've had a bit of fixture congestion with interest in three competitions. Because of it, i loaned in a keeper for the latter half of the season, Pionnier from Montpellier. I also tried to bring in Costa Rican, Herrera, on loan, to use as an attacking fullback, but couldn't agree terms.

I've been paying a PSP ML for a while now.
Started with Napoli in a mixed Italian-Portugese- Greek and Turkish set-up.
Napoli started in the first division.
It has been a fascinating first season. With one match to play (at Genoa) Napoli are second in the Serie A, one point after Milan. Theoretically Napoli still can win the title, but has to rely ond Milan's result (i don't know against which team they have to play).
After the first competition round Napoli were fourth behind Milan, Juventus and Inter. After the mid-season transfer (i bought 3 players: Masiello and Gillet from Bari and and Colombian CB) Napoli won 13 consecutive matches, winning against Milan and Juventus (1-2, having scored 2 goals in injury time) drew at Inter. By then they were leaders, but they lost against Roma (1-0, Roma had one shot on goal).

Napoli won the the Coppa after a fantastic final against Milan (4-0).

Zuniga, Hamsik, Quagliarella and Lavezzi are immense players.
The Austrian CF Hoffer is the revelation.

Napoli are champions.
Napoli won their last match against Genoa (1-4) while Milan only managed a 0-0 in the San Siro against Lazio...
1 Napoli 91 pts
2 Milan 90 pts
3 Juventus 85 pts
4 Inter 81
5 Fiorentina 76
6 Genoa 73

Gattuso is the player of the year.
Amauri the top scores (23 goals, while Lavezzi had 22)
Seedorf the top assister (7 assists, Lavezzi and Hamsik each had 6).

150futebol2qj.jpg

O Regresso do Mr Simao

In a career than began at Stuttgart, and finished at Espanyol via Maritimo, Metz, and the briefest tenure at Venlo, Mr Simao has built up a reputation as something of a management journeyman.

Despite no domestic or European honours he has enjoyed a fairly favourable reputation in the press, as a honourable trouble-shooter who steps into the breach at unfashionable or troubled clubs looking for salvation. With this latest assignment however, he has been perhaps handed his sternest test yet.

The brief?. Simply to raise Belenenses from the ashes to once again rank alongside the cream of Portugal’s elite.

It sounds like a no lose situation until you ponder the recent disintegration of Boavista, the only other side bar the big 3 and the Belem based club to lift the Portuguese title. Only a few years ago decent pros such as Albert Meyong and Antchouet made up the Azuis squad, however these days household names have been replaced by players of a very mediocre calibre.

The misguided policy of concentrating on the accounts whilst ignoring the deficit in on-pitch quality resulted in just missing out on relegation to the Liga Vitalis last year. Starting this inaugural season of the Iberian Championship in a second tier full of very capable sides offers little comfort.

With a stadium holding just shy of 30,000 and an ageing, dwindling support base, it is paramount that solid foundations are laid swiftly to prevent a shameful fall from grace becoming a immutable decline…

Last edited:
foto_art.aspx.jpg

Yonchta think your striker is hot like me

Belenenses got off to the perefect start, as the Iberian Second Division got underway on Sunday afternoon.

An early strike left the home side reeling at a packed Choupana, as Cameroonian hitman Jean Paul Yontcha latched onto a Ze Pedro pass, before guiding a first time shot off the far post from 20 yards.

Normally considered a fortress high up in the mountains above Funchal, the early sucker punch knocked the stuffing out of a team still getting over Ruben Micael's transfer to Porto.

Lacking their usual verve and tempo in midfield, they became increasingly reliant on Pecnik's aerial ability therby causing the Azuis little anxiety.

Content to hold out for an unexpected but welcome 3 points, the lively Fredy was always an outlet, engaging the Madeirans back four in a series of valiant yet unrewarded runs.

CD NACIONAL 0-1 BELENENSES
Yontcha 6'

Last edited:
Hey Db, good to see ya.

May i ask which platform you're on? And i guess you gave a Portuguese League file too?

I'm having a strangely good 3rd season at Waalwijk. We're currently punching well above our weight. We're 4th, only 3 points behind the leaders. PSV and Ajax are battling it out at the top. I think there are about 8 or 9 games still left to play.

I put together a great run of results and i recently played both AZ and Feyenoord back to back and beat them, the latter being an incredible game of Feyenoord equalising twice, before i managed to seal the win, much to my surprise.
I've done it now though haven't i. Talking about a good run is always bad luck. Anyway, i'm looking for a top 8 finish now. If i can keep up the pace, top 4 is a possibility. First place? Well i think that's dreaming just a bit.

Hi mate

hope you are well! glad to hear you are doing so well with RKC - sorry maybe i need to go back through some posts but would be very interested in seeing your side.

Yeah on the PS3 version & dl'd a new option file from pes-fan with the sagres liga on it. As you know my first love was lawys the Iberian peninsular so it's great to get back there, have a website on the way too! :)

I love the fact that the pace is slower & players control is worse in the segunda, makes it very challenging but very addictive. Got to get to grips with this scout thing though!

db

Hey Db, my side is still pretty much the original squad (3 seasons in). In fact, i only loaned in a CB and a GK in the entire first 2 seasons without buying a player. It's taken until my 3rd season for me to sign players. My starting line-up however is made up of all erall RKC players and has stayed prety similar for the 3 seasons so far.

----------------------Wevers

H.Mulder--------Gudde-------Luirink------D.Mulder

----------------------Obodai(c)

-----------Berger----------------Jongsma

-----Benson-----------------------Boerrigter

--------------------Benschop

It's a 4-3-3/4-5-1, as i have back arrows on all my players, so my wingers and striker come back to defend. However, the formation lends itself to counter-attacking.
I did begin where i left off last PES, with a 4-2-3-1 (i'm very much into playing with one striker) but i soon realised that 4-3-3 was working for me at Waalwijk, given my players.

I've since signed Khalid Sinouh, a Dutch born, Moroccan goalkeeper, who was at Waalwijk originally between '99-'05, Osvaldo Miranda, an Argentine striker (owned by Dinamo Bucharest) and Costa Rica international & Melbourne Victory midfielder, Carlos Hernandez, who i had at FC Volendam too. (i always like to sign a Costa Rican)

In case you didn't know Db, on the PS2, the transfer window opens from the beginning of the season (as you play games), so you can loan in players for the whole season. You also keep playing games through the mid-season window. Oh and you're allowed only 7 subs on the bench during games. So they've tweaked the PS2 ML a bit.

Last edited:
Second season with Napoli.

Did 3 transfers:
Candreva from Livorno
N'Koulou from As Monaco
Salinavic (Bosnian SMF, great dribbler, this surely isn't his real name).

In the CL i'm in a group with Real Madrid, Spartak Moskva and PSV Eindhoven.

Played 2 matches:

Napoli - Real Madrid 1-1 (injury time equaliser by Benzema)
Spartak Moskva - Napoli 0-4

In serie A Napoli are currently second after Juventus. And this after a stupid loss against Bologna. A match Napoli dominated from start to finish but couldn't score. Of course the only serious counter was goal...

I play 3-5-2

Hey Db, my side is still pretty much the original squad (3 seasons in). In fact, i only loaned in a CB and a GK in the entire first 2 seasons without buying a player. It's taken until my 3rd season for me to sign players. My starting line-up however is made up of all erall RKC players and has stayed prety similar for the 3 seasons so far.

----------------------Wevers

H.Mulder--------Gudde-------Luirink------D.Mulder

----------------------Obodai(c)

-----------Berger----------------Jongsma

-----Benson-----------------------Boerrigter

--------------------Benschop

It's a 4-3-3/4-5-1, as i have back arrows on all my players, so my wingers and striker come back to defend. However, the formation lends itself to counter-attacking.
I did begin where i left off last PES, with a 4-2-3-1 (i'm very much into playing with one striker) but i soon realised that 4-3-3 was working for me at Waalwijk, given my players.

I've since signed Khalid Sinouh, a Dutch born, Moroccan goalkeeper, who was at Waalwijk originally between '99-'05, Osvaldo Miranda, an Argentine striker (owned by Dinamo Bucharest) and Costa Rica international & Melbourne Victory midfielder, Carlos Hernandez, who i had at FC Volendam too. (i always like to sign a Costa Rican)

In case you didn't know Db, on the PS2, the transfer window opens from the beginning of the season (as you play games), so you can loan in players for the whole season. You also keep playing games through the mid-season window. Oh and you're allowed only 7 subs on the bench during games. So they've tweaked the PS2 ML a bit.

hi mate

cool. so can you loan players out too or only loan them in?

Are you able to buy players not in the ML then but from international teams? how did you manage to get Hernandez

db

hi mate

cool. so can you loan players out too or only loan them in?

Are you able to buy players not in the ML then but from international teams? how did you manage to get Hernandez

db

Yes, you can loan out players, only if the com asks for a loan though. And yes, you can buy internationals. :))

I have been having a tough time signing players, when i tried. Although my club is up to 'C' popularity now, so that should help.

My keeper, Wevers, is two games away from 100 appearances for RKC. Shame they don't include that as a comment, or even just a little pre-kick-off graphic, as he warms up.

Last edited:
WAALWIJK IN DREAMLAND
Minnows Finish Second and Grab Champions League Spot

nec_uit_selectie.jpg

Professor Nutmeg's RKC Waalwijk, stunned the Eredivisie with an unexpected second place finish. The minnows sustained a great run of form through the season, allowing them to gate-crash the top four and claim a Champions League group stage place. RKC finished five points behind Champions Lille and one point above third placed Feyenoord.

Striker Charlison Benschop, grabbed the league's top scorer award, netting 22 goals, sparking rumours that Ajax, amongst other European clubs, were interested in the promising striker. It was Belgian forward, Benjamin de Cuelaer, however, who after many stellar performances for RKC, convinced FC Twente to sign him. Giant striker Kevin Vink, was released, while RKC swooped for Ruud Boymans, from relegated VVV Venlo.

Waalwijk will face Barcelona, Portsmouth and Juventus in their Champions League group.

That's the wonderful world of PES gerd. A few years down the line, Portsmouth were bought by a rich Sheik who poured money into the club, in order to challenge for honours. As for RKC, well, they're managed by me :P

On another note, yes my next ML, which i will start at some point later, will have better organised other divisions, in order to get a better 'European draw.' That said, irl there's always a surprise team/minnow somewhere in some division that makes it into the CL. FC Thun or BATE Borisov for example. I like to think of myself as one of those. :P

Last edited:
When you look at the CL in my ML, it's the same...plenty of litle Dutch clubs but no PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax, AZ, Twente or even Groningen...

But FIFA's Manager Modes has the same 'bugs' as PES' ML...for example in the CUP you have to play the the same team as in the competiotion.
I play with Hull and in the same week i hade to play Chelsea 3 times for the Premiership, the league cup and the FA Cup. Yesterday i played Everton for the FA Cup and my next match is Everton in the competition...oh and Portsmouth is very good in FIFA too...

PS: it seems the argument "they are coached by me" works also well for Hull...they have a big chance to win the title before the big four minus Liverpool and Man City (with Portsmouth as sixth team)...

Hi, i''m on playing ML on the psp. Currently on my 4th season on Top Player 10mins and using a customised team which i created myself. Participating in the English Premier League though.

Champions of Division 2 hence winning promotion to the top flight along with Galatasaray. Won the League cup too.

Blitzed the Premier League with a first-place finish and gaining entry to the Champions League. Completed the double with a neat win over Chelsea for the FA Cup. By this time my team was more or less settled, finding a few gems in Gambino(SMF) and Hong Yong Nam(GK). Managed to sell off two duds that i bought two Inter Milan - Mahamane Traore and Jovetic. In exchange, i got Santon and Balotelli - class.

Momentous year where i won the Treble.

Defended the Treble. Here's how my team look like.

First Team
GK 1 Hong Yong Nam ( Real gem, found him when he was 17 )
CB 6 Kevin Ferguson ( Quality CB, never lets you down )
CB 5 Caceres
RB 13 Santon
LB 3 Armand Traore
RMF 7 Cristiano Ronaldo
LMF 11 Hulk
CMF 4 Dudka
DMF 8 Felipe Melo
SS 9 Fernando Torres
CF 25 Emmanuel Adebayor

Reserves

GK Lukac
RB Walton
CB Roderick
SMF Gibbs
SMF Hajisafi
AMF Ninis
AMF Darragi
CMF Defour
SS Balotelli
SS Zarate
CF Lukaku
SMF Gambino (ML Youth, a real speedster )
WF Griffiths ( ML Youth, another livewire )

Hi, I started a Master League with INTER and was posting on this blog:
http://fcinternazionalemilano-wii.blogspot.com/

feel free to follow and comment but it's in spanish still, maybe some of ya'll can still follow it

"A POR TODO --
Es el año 2010, el INTER de MILÁN comienza la temporada tras ganar cuatro campeonatos de la Seire A consecutivos pero sin poder levantar el trofeo más importante, la Champions League, desde el torneo del ´64-´65. Podrá la nerazzurri ganar la Liga de Campeones por tercera vez en su historia y a la vez sobrepasar a su eterno rival, el A.C. Milan, en campeonatos de Serie A ganados (17)?"

Hey guys, PM here. Long time no post, been a bit busy with work and things but still like to keep an eye on what's going on from time to time. Congrats to the Prof, Gerd, Denirobob and Cristiwano on recent successes, keep up the good work :)

I'll update you all on where I am with my ML team during the week if I can.

Back
Top Bottom