The La Liga thread - 2009/2010

Re: The La Liga thread - Season 2007/2008

Gerd, Tchité is beginning to do the business for Racing.

3 goals in the last 5 or 6 appearances - scored the only goal v Deportivo last night.

Racing up to 7th!

Very good effort by Mallorca, Varela in particular was suberb. Madrid were a little dodgy at the back at times though not for the wonder striker of course...Castillas had no chance. Robinho is finding great form and is finally finding his feet at Madrid. If he can retain that form and Raul is going well and Van the man in the picture they will score lots of goal that is for sure.

What is going on with Barca? Why on earth did Rikjaard play Puyol at fullback and Thuram at CB? A bad decision as could be seen on the first Getafe goal (no leader at center and awful ball watching). Another poor away performance in front of goal as well. Despite any confidence issues, I would never take Messi and Ronaldinho off in order to bring on Borjan and Dos Santos on away from home...not unless they were injured, just asking for more trouble putting the kids into such a situation.

They need Deco in the team for these away games.

Well done to Getafe though who are improving.

Missed the Villarreal Seville game...assume it was very good?

I agree 100%.

ohh how good it feels to be playing this well and not needing that "selfish prick" roman.
feels good!
u can understand his caracter when u think that no team in europe is willing to pay him out. and no player in villarreal wants him back..

senna is our new maestro!

ohh how good it feels to be playing this well and not needing that "selfish prick" roman.
feels good!
u can understand his caracter when u think that no team in europe is willing to pay him out. and no player in villarreal wants him back..

senna is our new maestro!

Isn't that a bit harsh mate for a player who has given your club some great football?

I mean, I am not fully aware of the situation and I know you probably know more on this matter and feel the ins and outs of the club more, but.....

No matter what has happened now and how bad feeling is, has he not done a lot for Villarreal over the year to avoid this kind of talk?

This is a question as much as a statement...interested to know....

Isn't that a bit harsh mate for a player who has given your club some great football?

I mean, I am not fully aware of the situation and I know you probably know more on this matter and feel the ins and outs of the club more, but.....

No matter what has happened now and how bad feeling is, has he not done a lot for Villarreal over the year to avoid this kind of talk?

This is a question as much as a statement...interested to know....

yeh man ure problaby right...it was a bit harsh yeh...
but its just that i hate him now for what he did to us last year, becasue of his selfishnes and "diva" behaivor he sundanly though: "oh , i dont fell like playing for villarreal anymore since the other players wont be my "slaves" anymore"
he evan had an argument with marcos senna, which, whoever wacthed villarreal playing in 05/06 knows was the guy behind romans success. whithout a hard worker senna roman would never played that well for us.
the problem with roman is that he only knows how to play with the hole team evolving around him, and thats just wrong cause no player can perform well every single macth.
so i rather play, like we are playing now, as a team, without a big start taking all the credits over how we played in 05/06.
i just want him out of there, so theres no chance pelegrini surrender the midia pressure and try to use roman again.

Relying too much on one player is a problem of course whether that is the club or the players fault.

I wonder in football terms what exactly caused th issue?

Anyway...

I haven't been fortunate enough to watch Villarreal play this year, something that will hopefully change soon if skys coverage allows for it.

I haven't been fortunate enough to watch Villarreal play this year, something that will hopefully change soon if skys coverage allows for it.

My first year having Sky and I'm pretty disappointed with the matches they show. Real Madrid and Barcelona every week - Yawn!

Spanish TV shows a much more varied selection but we just get delayed coverage of the big 2. Not worth the money so far....

They do show the other teams they just show Real, Barca, Valencia and Sevilla (in recent years) more.

well i must say im lucky than..here in brazil ESPN shows Villarreal, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid almost every week!!
gotta love it!
Villareal is been shown a lot for the third year now...i think is becasue the team is highly appreciated in argentina(where the latin ESPN is based)

@vanzandt
the hole problem with him started with little dressing room discussions with other players game after game, where the other players were mostly saying he also needed to help a little bit the defense, and he , with his diva attitute thouhgt it was wrong for the guys to ask him to run a little bit when not in possesion of the ball.
than sundanly he just felt like not playing for villarreal anymore, and saying he was homesick, bolocks like those little arguments.
well to sum up now. im very happy to see my submarino amarillo performing well without been dependable of one player, and thats something that makes me have great expectation for this year(a possible top 3 finnish)
i just hope the team core(fuentes, senna, pires, cani, capdevilla) stays healthy.

Rossi has been excellent, does Mavuba get minutes?

well i must say im lucky than..here in brazil ESPN shows Villarreal, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid almost every week!!
gotta love it!
Villareal is been shown a lot for the third year now...i think is becasue the team is highly appreciated in argentina(where the latin ESPN is based)

@vanzandt
the hole problem with him started with little dressing room discussions with other players game after game, where the other players were mostly saying he also needed to help a little bit the defense, and he , with his diva attitute thouhgt it was wrong for the guys to ask him to run a little bit when not in possesion of the ball.
than sundanly he just felt like not playing for villarreal anymore, and saying he was homesick, bolocks like those little arguments.
well to sum up now. im very happy to see my submarino amarillo performing well without been dependable of one player, and thats something that makes me have great expectation for this year(a possible top 3 finnish)
i just hope the team core(fuentes, senna, pires, cani, capdevilla) stays healthy.

Well I think it would be good for football for Villarreal to finish in the top two just to break up the usual monopoly but a champions league place must be the key for you I guess and a third place finish extremely good.

I want to see Rossi and Pires in action for you and am a fan of Senna as well.

On a side note though I would like to see Riquelme's career rescued and see him playing again, though from what you have said I can understand why that is the least of your conerns given his behavior.

Rossi has been excellent, does Mavuba get minutes?

hes starting to get some now....
but hes been mostly used in the uefa cup..pellegrini prefers Bruno, hes performing decently and also he is a defense only player, so i think that pellegrini is chosing him due to tatical reasons.
i like mavuba, definatly would like to see him in actiona a little more that it is atm.

Well I think it would be good for football for Villarreal to finish in the top two just to break up the usual monopoly but a champions league place must be the key for you I guess and a third place finish extremely good.

I want to see Rossi and Pires in action for you and am a fan of Senna as well.

On a side note though I would like to see Riquelme's career rescued and see him playing again, though from what you have said I can understand why that is the least of your conerns given his behavior.

man me too.. i would like to see romans carrer back on track, but not with us.
i think roman is a past chapter in our history.
Rossi is really surprizing me, i aways new he was a potential player but hes still surprizing me cause i didnt expect so much out of him, specially this early, he adapt very well to la liga style.
also to mention is guille franco who seem to get his goal nose back working(althoug he still misses incredible goals now and than :lol:).

Gerd, Tchité is beginning to do the business for Racing.

3 goals in the last 5 or 6 appearances - scored the only goal v Deportivo last night.

Racing up to 7th!

Good to hear that...he was ace here in Belgium. But if you see how our club teams are doing in Europe and how our national side is becoming the laughing stock of Europe one doubts what players like Tchité, Biglia, Barda (Racing Genk), Jovanovic 'Standard) are really worth in big leagues...Tchité is a natural goal scorer. He started the season very bad for Anderlecht because he was too long with his family in Africa...well one should understand him, he hadn't seen his mother for 5 or 6 years...

Tamuda is doing well at Espanyol as well...worth a mention.

Where is the Serial Diver now?

Guess who I'm referring to...

Real Madrid v Racing (7.00pm) - Sky Sports Xtra

Espanyol vs Barcelona on Sky Sports News at 9pm tonight

Sky Sports 4 where are you?

Real Madrid v Racing (7.00pm) - Sky Sports Xtra

Very out of character performance from Racing on Saturday. Defensively an utter shambles, and although we played pretty well going forward, the final ball was poor.

Smolarek was virtually invisible - Tchité has to start next week.

Racing were impressive on Saturday, they need to score more goals asap!

Raul scored a FK!

Espanyol 1 vs 1 Barcelona
=/
Why is barça playing so poorly outside of camp nou?? Rly don't get it...

This thread needs a bump. What a great game today. Sevilla vs Barcelona promises to be the best game of the season, in terms of quality of football and entertainment. I personally can't wait for this game. Barcelona will be weakened since some of their players are away for the ACN, but they still have plenty of quality.

Sevilla have been in poor form since the Puerta incident, and Ramos leaving them, but they seem to have regained some of their form, and they have too much quality to be outside the top 4.

And what a disappointment Valencia have been! I was actually expecting them to challenge for the title, but they seem to have fallen apart. Koeman has ruined them. It's a shame, because so many top class players like Villa and Silva are suffering under him. I expect a mass exodus of players in the summer.

I'll be watching the Sevilla game tonight.

The Valencia fans brought this upon themselves.

This thread needs a bump. What a great game today. Sevilla vs Barcelona promises to be the best game of the season, in terms of quality of football and entertainment. I personally can't wait for this game. Barcelona will be weakened since some of their players are away for the ACN, but they still have plenty of quality.

Sevilla have been in poor form since the Puerta incident, and Ramos leaving them, but they seem to have regained some of their form, and they have too much quality to be outside the top 4.

And what a disappointment Valencia have been! I was actually expecting them to challenge for the title, but they seem to have fallen apart. Koeman has ruined them. It's a shame, because so many top class players like Villa and Silva are suffering under him. I expect a mass exodus of players in the summer.

I wonder who gets Villa and Silva, will be huge buys whoever signs em

Realisticly who is going to go in for Villa in the summer? Or think of it like this, what team would he fit in? i cant see him staying in Spain TBH unless Barca' new manager plays two upfront n makes some huge changes. Real 'dont' need him as Raul n Van the Man have built up an excellent partnership.

I'd love to see him go to AC.

If Drogba leaves Chelsea then he may go there, Milan is a possibility and theres always a chance of a player of Villa's quality can go to Real they always seem to want everyone world class:)

Sevilla-Barça, must have been one of the weirdest matches I've seen for a while. I like Barça but, like this, they won't win anything this season. Mourinho seems so close of camp nou...

Barca are a bunch of individuals right now.

Capel was excellent last night and Ronnie needs a move (AC) or Barca's new manager needs to get into his head.

Last edited:

I agree. I think after last season's problems, Barca hasn't been the same team. Rjikaard has obviously lost the dressing room. They need a new manager, or Ronnie does need to move on, as the two obviously cannot work together.

Sevilla were brilliant yesterday. I thought Dani Alves, Christian Poulsen (he might be a dirty player, but he's one of the best DMF in Europe!) and Deigo Capel were brilliant. How long has Javi Navarro been injured? Alves has been the captain for quite some time now.

@tobi, Can you tell me a bit more about the Valencia situation? I haven't really kept up with it?

The Valencia fans brought this upon themselves.

When I said that I was referring to a number of things like how the fans weren't happy with Hector Cuper despite the fact that he took them to 2 successive CL finals.

They weren't happy with Rafa Benitez even though he built an excellent squad and won the league twice in three seasons and brought them their first European trophy in years.

They weren't happy with Quique Sanchez Flores even though under him they continued to be genuine title challenges and a threat in the CL. The president caves in and sacks Flores and replaces him with Ronald Koeman who then shows a complete lack of respect to Canizares and Angulo by telling them they'll never play for the club again.

Right now they are a club in freefall, when they got rid of Flores they were 2 points of Barca...

:(

Back
Top Bottom