Thanks Button

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Hi. here is a suggestion i have for this site. why not include a thank you button? if you dont know what this is, head over to the AV Forums. they have a thanks button that you can use to thank a user of a partiucular post and that thanks gets added into that persons thanks system.

We could see potentialy who is the most helpful lad in the forum :)

lol are you serious? where all mature people here aint we? have you browsed in a forum that argues over a thank you button? i have not encountered such a thing :O

Hi I'm Bob. You may or may not know that I actually have a business that sells 'Thank You' Buttons and let me tell you, you need to work on your sales pitch abit more. You need to do more research because the 'Thank You' Button market is saturated at the moment and does not need anymore companies entering it.

So I am out aswell.

Yeah I've never seen any argument on any forum ever over a thanks button... It's a good idea, especially for the Creators for WE/PES, they'll probably feel people are more grateful for downloading their work.

If we do add a 'thanks' button can we also add a 'Thats Shit' button too?

Hi. here is a suggestion i have for this site. why not include a thank you button? if you dont know what this is, head over to the AV Forums. they have a thanks button that you can use to thank a user of a partiucular post and that thanks gets added into that persons thanks system.

We could see potentialy who is the most helpful lad in the forum :)

I suggested this ages ago ;)

It was said it might get abused though and thinking about it it does look naff under every post

It works well on AVForums.

I think it will be useful for people in the editing section too. Most people just leech, but it would be so easy to just click thanks rather than having to type thanks over and over. Check mytiq and juce's threads for example. The majority of those threads are people just saying thanks.

So, to confirm we need a "Thanks" button, a "That's shit" button and a "I disagree with the other two buttons" button?

Can only see it being worthwhile in the editing forums really. Otherwise it's just a ego massaging tool.

Do I need to thank jaygrim if I laugh at one of his posts? Not really, i can just laugh. It will make this place one big unsociable mess where we have set buttons for set comments. Soon we'll just be saying 'Thanks', 'No Thanks', 'Why?', and the like.

What's wrong with typing :(

But people don't post their thanks that's why I think we need one. It's easier to just click a button. I've seen that many people give up on editing purely because they are under appreciated.

Maybe as a compromise, if it is just confined to the editing forum it would be useful.

people here doesn't seem to like "change" in here :s i have never come across a forum that didn't work well with thanks buttons.

no harm in having one right? its just an extra button on each persons post and a total number of thanks received and given at the bottom of your avator. dont like it? dont use it? you wont even know its there!

lame.jpg

Nuff said.

While changes can be made to enhance the site and features of it, it doesnt need to turn into a copycat site of some other forum.

Back
Top Bottom