Starfield – September 6, 2023: Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows

I'd rather wait for an official implementation. These DLSS mods are mostly focused on 4000 series. BGS promised to implement all features asked and it can't really take that long so I expect by the end of the month for a proper DLSS update.
Their official announcement a few days ago it's proving my post here when the game was released. They're praising the mod community and they're expecting us to "fix" the game. Fair enough they'll provide all the tools and creation kits.
I have a feeling the game will be an absolute masterpiece in 3-4 years but the end users are fixing the game again for free (most of them, some had enough and they're even implementing DRM on their mods).

I wouldn't say that's the case at all, but you're obviously fully entitled to wait for official DLSS :)ith both the DarkMod and this one

I wouldn't say that's the case at all, but you're obviously fully entitled to wait for official DLSS :)
With both DarkMod and this one I have issues on the 3060ti and the quality of graphics isn't at the level I would expect from DLSS. Right now and after the last official patch I'm sticking on forced 60fps at high settings without DLSS. I'm still not using any other mods until the engine is stabilised overall for mod support. I reckon this is the wiser thing to do to avoid any crashes after official updates and mod support through a creation kit early next year is implemented as promised from BGS.

Have you been using this mod? It seems that there a plethora of bugs listed in the appropriate of the nexus page. I think I'd rather wait for an official update, but who knows how long that would take.

I just REALLY wish Bethesda fix the thing about when you land a second time in a place you already visited, it completely skips all landing animations and you appear outside your ship automatically. That simply KILLS the immersion for me. More about it here.

Have you been using this mod? It seems that there a plethora of bugs listed in the appropriate of the nexus page. I think I'd rather wait for an official update, but who knows how long that would take.

I just REALLY wish Bethesda fix the thing about when you land a second time in a place you already visited, it completely skips all landing animations and you appear outside your ship automatically. That simply KILLS the immersion for me. More about it here.

I used it at first and it was stable for me but I was struggling to find the right balance of image sharpness/jaggy management, almost felt like there were too many options that I didn't quite understand! So I went back to Luke's basic one :)

I had a quite disappointing experience during my yesterday session. I attacked an abandoned robot lab that was controlled by the eclipse on a planet (can't remember the name was a.... 2 something) and the lab but also the enemy composition and location was a perfect copy paste of another lab also controlled by the eclipse, I attacked on the moon. It felt like a huge bug in the matrix. I hope it won't happen too often because otherwise I really enjoy the game.

I had a quite disappointing experience during my yesterday session. I attacked an abandoned robot lab that was controlled by the eclipse on a planet (can't remember the name was a.... 2 something) and the lab but also the enemy composition and location was a perfect copy paste of another lab also controlled by the eclipse, I attacked on the moon. It felt like a huge bug in the matrix. I hope it won't happen too often because otherwise I really enjoy the game.

Even down to the point where you enter a room and there's one of them kneeling down over the body of a scientist (maybe it's a pirate controlled one), but yeah the copy and paste for certain locations is very cheap/lazy of them.

Agreed, those randomly placed points of interest put a bit of a dent in my enjoyment as well once I stumbled upon them for the second time. Like the cryo lab or the excavation site/abandoned mine, they're BEAUTIFUL and tell a nice story when you visit them once but utterly weird when it happens for a second time on another planet only 20 minutes later. Even the loot boxes are fixed to the very same positions. They surely could have thought of some different or randomly generated assets to be copied instead of having locations like these which only work and feel nice the first time you visit them. Truly a weird decision.

The reality is really simple: this game will only truly shine in a few years from know. After the creation kit is released, and after talented modders fix the bugs and add a lot of stuff... Pretty much like happened with Fallout 3, Skyrim, and pretty much every other Bethesda game out there.

Starfield-2023-12-02-10-19-32.png

Might be time to clean up my ship a little...

I am wandering how do you spend most of the time playing this game? Exploring? Doing missions and side quests?

Aside of FIFA16, that's the only game I play these days. I am tempted to do a lot of exploration but the repetitiveness of the abandoned labs, collapsed mines ect... is really putting me of particularly because of the absolute lack of randomization of the number and type of enemies you find. Once you have done it once, it really feels like a basic repetition. Doing the Krix legacy mission when at galbank archives, I noticed they were a second lost ship somewhere around Saturn. I started trying to locate it, visiting the various saturn moons. But once on the floor, I keep seeing the same buildings and enemies I have seen elsewhere and it just makes me want to avoid those locations (I always end cleaning the place though).
On the other hand when it comes to missions, I find the actor playing part with cinematic to be rather dull.

May be it is just because I am still at the beginning of the game...

I am wandering how do you spend most of the time playing this game? Exploring? Doing missions and side quests?

Bit of everything really but usually not the main and/or faction missions I've barely touched them! I do have it on very hard + AI combat mods so the combat is a lot harder so it doesn't really matter so much that a lot of the locations are repeated, if I'm not careful I can get one-shotted so I have to focus on the enemies not the surroundings.

I also listen to podcasts while I'm playing so maybe that makes it less tedious that a lot of stuff is in familiar surroundings! :)

May be it is just because I am still at the beginning of the game...
The fact that you are still at the beginning of the game and already see repetitive buildings/levels/enemies everywhere doesn't tell a good story, does it?

Back
Top Bottom