Starfield – September 6, 2023: Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows

The Ram in my Series S when I boot this up:
giphy.gif

I really want the watch...

DQloXPP.jpg

...but not enough to pay £250 for the Collector's Edition when the game is included on Game Pass (which I pay for).

Hi guys, it's been a while. I'm reallly hyped about this game. Already pre-ordered it. Also think the controller looks very cool. Watched the Starfield direct and it looks great. It's been a long time since i've been looking forard like this for a video game...
Thanks placebo for posting about the watch, because i was really interested about it, seems cool...but...

It's been a long time since i've been looking forard like this for a video game...

Yeah same! Not sure if it's a sign of me getting older or a sign that quality games just don't come around very often but this one has me very excited, trying to find a balance of reading articles to keep the excitement levels up without getting too many spoilers! :)

Pre-load is available from Wednesday 9th August apparently.

For those with the 5 day's early access it will apparently be playable at 1pm GMT August 31st if you have a New Zealand IP address...
Are you gonna play this on PC?

Im wondering if my system (5800x3d + 6800xt) will be able handle 4k. The specs are looking kinda hungry.

Cool. 😊
I really would like to dive in but I need to wait for reviews to see if it’s enjoyable on my medium system.

It feels like it should be doable, there's usually a Nexus mod to make it run on lower spec systems but it kinda comes down to how much lowering of the visuals you can stomach. Does No Man's Sky run on your system?

It feels like it should be doable, there's usually a Nexus mod to make it run on lower spec systems but it kinda comes down to how much lowering of the visuals you can stomach. Does No Man's Sky run on your system?
Besides my racing sims… I only have fifa23 and Metro last light installed. 🤷‍♂️
both run fine in 4k/60 but sure aren’t a real indicator, I guess.

Cool. 😊
I really would like to dive in but I need to wait for reviews to see if it’s enjoyable on my medium system.
Your PC should be fine for 1440 or 4k ish with FSR. Not sure if it is supporting FSR out of the box though.

I know Jay will be playing it from day 1 so ive asked him to stream it to me so i can see the game and its performance for real.

For me, almost every test scenario you read on the internet is too perfect and usually in real life you can take 10-20 fps off theirs for a real world score. But thats just my experience.

Hey guys, am purchasing a gaming pc for the first time and I’m new to this as iv been playing on consoles majority of my gaming life, can someone please tell me if these specs are good enough to play starfield.

Aftershock Rapid 2023
Gigabyte A620M Gaming X AX | DDR5
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | 5.3 GHz | 6 Cores 12 Threads
16GB Patriot SL Sig DDR5 5200MHz (2x8GB)
Zotac RTX 4060Ti Twin Edge 8GB
AMD Stock Cooler
1TB Gen4 Lexar NM790 M.2 NVMe SSD (R 7400MBs | W 6500MBs)
4 x 120mm Aftershock RGB Fans
800W FSP Hydro Pro | 80+ Bronze
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit (Activated)
product_features

Besides my racing sims… I only have fifa23 and Metro last light installed. 🤷‍♂️
both run fine in 4k/60 but sure aren’t a real indicator, I guess.

Metro Last Light is fairly demanding so if you can run that at 4k/60 then Starfield is definitely doable, it'll have FSR out of the door because it's an AMD backed game.

Hey guys, am purchasing a gaming pc for the first time and I’m new to this as iv been playing on consoles majority of my gaming life, can someone please tell me if these specs are good enough to play starfield.

Aftershock Rapid 2023
Gigabyte A620M Gaming X AX | DDR5
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | 5.3 GHz | 6 Cores 12 Threads
16GB Patriot SL Sig DDR5 5200MHz (2x8GB)
Zotac RTX 4060Ti Twin Edge 8GB
AMD Stock Cooler
1TB Gen4 Lexar NM790 M.2 NVMe SSD (R 7400MBs | W 6500MBs)
4 x 120mm Aftershock RGB Fans
800W FSP Hydro Pro | 80+ Bronze
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit (Activated)
product_features

Yeah shouldn't be a problem, the official specs are:

1691565247299.jpeg

Its gonna be interesting to see whats gonna happen with this game.

On paper it seems like a dream game for me. Open world, serious 'No Mans Sky', with a bit of 'Mass Effect'.

But there's just some feeling in my guts that it will not be a pleasant ride initially.

It will be interesting to watch, coz as it stands - this is basically the only thing that Xbox can wave in front of Playstation face.
But its Bethesda. It took them nearly a year for Skyrim to get rid of bugs (and that was back when games were coming out in solid shapes!!!)
And even that wasnt enough. Even now one of the first mods that people download for Skyrim is "Unofficial Patch", made by community, to fix Bethesdas bugs.

But regardless whether the launch will be successful, or not - I think this game, same as Skyrim, will be game for many, many years. It will have great mods support on both PC and Consoles and with the massive world - community will be able to create almost anything.

But I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt a good game at the start.
Personally I probably wont touch it for a good while. Dont want to to spoil my experience.

Its gonna be interesting to see whats gonna happen with this game.

On paper it seems like a dream game for me. Open world, serious 'No Mans Sky', with a bit of 'Mass Effect'.

But there's just some feeling in my guts that it will not be a pleasant ride initially.

It will be interesting to watch, coz as it stands - this is basically the only thing that Xbox can wave in front of Playstation face.
But its Bethesda. It took them nearly a year for Skyrim to get rid of bugs (and that was back when games were coming out in solid shapes!!!)
And even that wasnt enough. Even now one of the first mods that people download for Skyrim is "Unofficial Patch", made by community, to fix Bethesdas bugs.

But regardless whether the launch will be successful, or not - I think this game, same as Skyrim, will be game for many, many years. It will have great mods support on both PC and Consoles and with the massive world - community will be able to create almost anything.

But I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt a good game at the start.
Personally I probably wont touch it for a good while. Dont want to to spoil my experience.
Eugh you made me think now. I don’t think I’ll be able to resist playing on Sept 6 if I have the right hardware by then, but that’s a really good point about waiting so your experience isn’t spoilt.

Embargo lifts 31st. Game releases 1st.

I miss the old days.

Well the game only releases September 1st for the hard-core muppets like me who both pre-ordered and paid more for the deluxe/premium edition to get it 5 days earlier, the vast majority will be waiting until the "proper" release date of the 6th so they have plenty of time to read reviews and form an opinion in time to either not buy it or cancel their pre-order.

Though to be completely honest I haven't read a review of a game for a long time, I know by now if a game is for me or not by looking at videos :)

Back
Top Bottom