Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Spurs Thread: Joe Cole coming to the Lane?????

I think its written in the sands of time that we must have a bad xmas but we have 3 very winable coming up. 7 wins on the trot is asking a bit much but im that confident after saturday that I fancy us to get atleast 7 points. If these 3 games go well (yes I know im speaking far too soon) we will be well in the mix for the european places, especially if everton and boro fudge up.

hey joost, is that landzaat pretty good then ? is there anyone who you can compare him too ? I used to watch quite a bit of dutch football but unfortunately watching football games at 3 in the morning doesnt suit a non student lifestyle !

hey yea...anyone got news on this

Limbersky joins Tottenham on loan

i have no idea on who this guy is and how he plays, will he be having a start at norwich

yes thats the story .....i got mine from bbc ..i trust them the most :D

and to purely comfirm it ....http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?hlid=245392

the offical site has the news, looks like jol has found a talent, cant wait to see him

"David is quick footed, has good awareness, is an intelligent footballer and can play on either side of midfield."

thats the most i can tell now, mostly since ive never seen him play, the part that worries me is that he has come from a really low club

Czech Division Two side Viktoria Plzen.

i wonder how much he can hold up against epl defence

Well being a winger i find that you can get away with being a bit light weight. but if he will run at players and can croos the ball well then he will do for now as we have knowone really doing that at the mo.

I feel its not the leauge the player has come from that worries me as he is still young and alot of talented young players start off in the drogs. i mean ive never watched Czech footie but i bet the leauge is not what you would call amaizing anyway. hopefully another Nedved :D lol

nike121 said:
yes thats the story .....i got mine from bbc ..i trust them the most :D

and to purely comfirm it ....http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?hlid=245392

the offical site has the news, looks like jol has found a talent, cant wait to see him

"David is quick footed, has good awareness, is an intelligent footballer and can play on either side of midfield."

thats the most i can tell now, mostly since ive never seen him play, the part that worries me is that he has come from a really low club

Czech Division Two side Viktoria Plzen.

i wonder how much he can hold up against epl defence
As if the EPL has tough defence:)

As far as i know he is another Frankie find, so he's gotta have something about him. He isnt arriving til Jan either, but will be some much needed competition for our wide players.

Well if it is then fun time frankie is a absolute ledge. Zeigler for me could be a massive star in the future if given the right guidence. we'll have to wait till Jan and see :D

Just a thought though, Whats wrong with trying Yates on the right. i mean he is a striker by choice but i have seen him on the right a couple of times for the reserves and he is a great little player and has come through our own system.

anyone else thought of this before

Last edited:

Faiers, Landzaat is considered the best midfielder we have here in Holland. He is in the starting line up of the Dutch squad, while van Bommel is on the bench (says a lot IMO). He's a dynamic midfielder, scores a lot and is a great one touch passer. Tactically (sp) he's also very strong. A modern day midfielder who has mastered every aspect of the game really. His only problem is: he never played for a topteam.

joostebrood said:
Faiers, Landzaat is considered the best midfielder we have here in Holland. He is in the starting line up of the Dutch squad, while van Bommel is on the bench (says a lot IMO). He's a dynamic midfielder, scores a lot and is a great one touch passer. Tactically (sp) he's also very strong. A modern day midfielder who has mastered every aspect of the game really. His only problem is: he never played for a topteam.

He'll have no problem at Tottenham then :lol:

Sorry i thought id write it before some c*nt of an arsenal fan did.

He sound pretty good to me if he is keepin Van the man on the bench. and if he can play for the Dutch national team he'll do fine at Spurs. i mean Holland are a topteam.

true on the EPL defence ....well i guess its just wait and see...i wish we trash norwich for the 5th in a row :D right now thats what is more important

Yeah if we can get on a 5-6 match winning steak i will be delighted. but i have to keep my feet on the ground.

Man i've tuned into McFly :shock:

COME ON YOU SPURS

COME ON YOU SPURS !!!!!........ GOOD BYE NORWICH....they can only see the ball going by after a defoe strike...i can tell the future :D

Good win bit lucky but good. feeling its all a druken dream.

ah well i can wind up my relitives in norwich for another season.

Brownie scoring could be exactally what he needs to get some more now.

COME ON U SPURS!!

Yep and yet ANOTHER clean sheet. Hopefully we can keep picking up points over the next month or so and get a good run in the cup too.

Impressed with Brown of late, he's proved his worth. However, i was impressed with him for most of his time here in Sheffield with the Blades. He can score great goals, but that was his first good one for Spurs, hopefully the first of many.

I don't recall me being stuck for choice on midfielders to start for Spurs before too... Very weird.

Big up the man Jol, he's stuck to what he feels is best, and isn't afraid to show it. It's worked.... upto now ;)

Well the run of wins is over but i feel its very possible to stay unbeaten goin into the away trip to Manure. We have come away from two teams scrapping for the points only dropping 2 points and i really think that Everton are due a rollickin from someone, then again mabey we aint the team to do that. i said earlyer in the thread that 12 points from Blackburn, Southampton, Norwich and Palace would be good and we got 13! so i am very happy. we have been lucky and used Robbo well as if it was not for him we could have lost to Norwich and Palace so i thank him.

Kanoute was impressive again and if it was not for the lino could have killed off the game. there Keeper was the reason for them only conceeding one aswell. i personally think Jol's comment to Dowie helped the Palace team get that pumped up though, i could see that blowin up in our face and palace almost made us and jol look like muppets. But we survived and i can see the light for Everton. it will be a very hard game but we should just play our game and let our Strikers do the talking :)

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Predictions then boys

Im goin for 2-1

But i feel very nervy at the mo as we are due a loss somewhere along the line

If we sort our selves out for the first half and keep our mentallity for the second as we have been doing this result is more than possible.

Scorers: Defoe x2

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

I think we can definitely get back on the winning trail, 2-1 as well for me.

I wish I was as confident as you boys, this has 1 all written all over it imo. It would be a massive win for us if we did pull it off but I can see the likes of carrick getting bullied too easily and having a 'hand in their sleeves' anderton type of performance if you know what I mean.

Technically were far superior its just a case of matching their fight and I cant really see us doing that at the minute. If we can get over that aspect of their game a big win could be on the cards.

Iv got a bet with my mate at work that we finish within 12 points of everton (easy money !!!) so it would be an extra special win for me if we did. If we sign well in the window we could easily sneak a top six spot if one of everton, boro or liverpool slip up and it would be nice to give everton a start in that on saturday.

Re: Spurs Thread: Defoe is god !

Bloody hell lads, i'm in dream land!! I cant remember the last time we went on this kind of run, especially at this time of year . . .

Bring on United!!! ;)

WOW this is freakkkingg awesome....my new year is gettin better already !!! 5-2 everton got TRASHED hahahah

i cant believe marney picked up 2 goals .....Martin Jol is jsut shockingly amazing :D...

next up manu ...if we play this good we could edge out with a point.

scared of Giggs a lil tho, altho i was ferdinand to get #@^@% by Defoe's skills :D

nike121 said:
ferdinand to get #@^@% by Defoe's skills :D
Well anything is better than getting marked out of the game, like the last fixture. ;)

Should be a good game. I don't think Spurs will be coming to Old Trafford looking for a draw.

Gazz22 said:
Well anything is better than getting marked out of the game, like the last fixture. ;)

Should be a good game. I don't think Spurs will be coming to Old Trafford looking for a draw.

you obviously dont remeber him getting chopped down in the area only for the ref to 'miss' it ;)

how wrong was I about the last game ? it seems a bit too good to be true at the minute. even though the team are playing pretty superb at the minute im still not that confident about going up to ot. I have a good feeling about the chelsea game though.

I have to say we were absolutely awesome againt everton. we completely destroyed them, I personally thought that 5-2 flattered them some what. I was sitting right were marney's second was headed for before it curled in which was a bit of a bonus as well.If we can get through jan without out dropping too many points we have a well good shout of a european place.

anyone else heard the malbranque rumours ? i cant really see it happening but would be a fantastic signing imo.

Well i have seen everything now.

two 5 goal thrillers in a few weeks the team unbeaten for god knows how long and have you seen our away form its like Won 5, drawn 3, lost 4 or summin. i have not seen away form like that ever. in fact i think we win about 2 or three in most seasons and they are always freak wins.

Was not happy with Moyes not at least saying his team lost to a good spurs side instead of saying that his team had an off day.

United should be a hard game and i can see it end our unbeaten run to be honest. I dont care about the result as long as we give them a hard game and not let them cream us. I would rather get a win against the Chelski. infact i want it as much as if it was Arsenal, the smarmey fukers :)

I want to se us stay consistant in perfomance now and just keep beating the shite (as we seem to be getting the hand of now) and giving the bigger teams some compatition.

7th place is a realistic place to finnish this year but i would be happy ith a top 10 finnish as i still think Jol needs a season to get the exact squad of players he wants.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!! The Futures Bright the Futures Orange!! :mrgreen:

i just hate ManU....i wish giggs breaks his leg in the 1st 5 mins then the game is ours :D muhahaha

Well JR's finally left,. on a free to Southampton. Not suprised at all about the deal tbh, wish him all the best, and lets hope Jol continues to bring thru the youth.

let me be the first to say, that was a poor decision, although i must say we dominated on possesion, if we had to miss the target as we did tonight, then you lot should've had three points

anyhow, a great job on your part to frustrate us, and frustrate us you did. i really just cannot believe how many times you lot foiled us when we had our chances

let the chaos begin...

-fb

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom