Sony PlayStation 4 PRO

First off sorry to hear about your brother Jaygrim I wish him all the best..

If you let me know what TV you have I can possibly give you the recommended picture settings.

At Which? we had a professional come over and check the best settings on loads of TV's and we may well have your TV in the database.

Otherwise for the PS4 it should be optimised out the box and no settings need changing.
It's a Samsung 55" 4K. Not sure on model will look it up :)

I have the Samsung 55hu8500 which was 2014's flagship.

You use the one connect box?

If the same can give a fair amount of insight.

If you let me know what TV you have I can possibly give you the recommended picture settings.

At Which? we had a professional come over and check the best settings on loads of TV's and we may well have your TV in the database.

I use a Philips 40PFT4111 as my PC monitor, it's a 40" Full HD TV, you probably won't have that exact model in your DB as they tend to change the model numbers slightly from country to country...

I have the Samsung 55hu8500 which was 2014's flagship.

You use the one connect box?

If the same can give a fair amount of insight.
I bought mine earlier this year so probably a different model.

It's not top end - cost me £599 in an Argos sale. It's a lovely tv for the money.

I use a Philips 40PFT4111 as my PC monitor, it's a 40" Full HD TV, you probably won't have that exact model in your DB as they tend to change the model numbers slightly from country to country...
Closest match I could find is the Philips 40PFT4509
Your ideal settings
Picture mode Standard
Backlight 52|100
Contrast 85|100
Brightness 50|100
Colour saturation 68|100
Colour temperature n/a
Tint / Hue n/a
Sharpness 2|10
Additional settings
Colour enhancement: Off
Colour temperature: Normal
Contrast modes: Off
Dynamic contrast: Off
Gamma: 0/±4
Super resolution: On
Noise reduction: Medium
MPEG artefact reduction: On

Philips 32PFT4100:-
Your ideal settings
Picture mode Standard
Backlight 97
Contrast 95
Brightness 49
Colour saturation 45
Colour temperature normal
Tint / Hue -
Sharpness 10
Additional settings
Activity Style TV
Colour Enhancement min
Contrast Modes Best Picture
Dynamic Contrast off
Gamma 0
Super Resolution off
NR min
MPEG Artifact Reduction off

Closest match I could find is the Philips 40PFT4509

Thanks for that, the settings didn't quite match (I'm missing quite a few from the list such as MPEG artefact reduction) but what did match I adjusted to what you said and it has made a big difference, on EvoWeb at least! Back to Skyrim SE to see how it is, thanks bud! :)

I've sold my PS4 today for the Pro (I just couldn't resist it). I have a 58' 4K tv without HDR and I was wondering if it is worth the upgrade. What do you think guys?

I have the pro, and 4K tv no HDR.

It's awesome. HDR is really now only a thing, and we all know how good 4k quality is.

Also unless I'm going mad, the battery life on the controller is way better.

I played for an hour or two, 2 nights ago, and about 3 hours last night, and still 2 bars left. I would be on low one/needing to recharge on my other DS4.

I've sold my PS4 today for the Pro (I just couldn't resist it). I have a 58' 4K tv without HDR and I was wondering if it is worth the upgrade. What do you think guys?
If you have the disposable income I'd sell that and get a 4k HDR TV. Also, one that has no issues with input lag when HDR is enabled. HDR is a big deal!

Good news about the controller battery life.

mrw-i-pull-out-a-nose-hair-129126.gif

:SMOKIN:

This is a really nice looking console, far better than original PS4 in my opinion.

In Video Ouput settings, should I leave it set at 'Automatic' or the '2160p' option - I am assuming the latter is 4k (and I do have a 4k tv) but is there any point in choosing this if the game doesn't support it?

This is a really nice looking console, far better than original PS4 in my opinion.

In Video Ouput settings, should I leave it set at 'Automatic' or the '2160p' option - I am assuming the latter is 4k (and I do have a 4k tv) but is there any point in choosing this if the game doesn't support it?
Not sure really. Seems like automatic would be the best choice...

When I go to pic output it won't let me select the bottom option. TV says it don't support it but it's a brand new (April 16) OLED 4K TV - any reason why? I can select 2160 - maybe leave it to automatic?Also not using hdmi that came with it - should I be? Thanks

Seems like I read somewhere that you should be using that premium HDMI cable if your TV supports that HDMI 2.0 standard...

When I go to pic output it won't let me select the bottom option. TV says it don't support it but it's a brand new (April 16) OLED 4K TV - any reason why? I can select 2160 - maybe leave it to automatic?Also not using hdmi that came with it - should I be? Thanks

Yes you should be using the HDMI that comes bundled with Pro for 4K and HDR. It's HDMI 2.0.

How did transferring data from your old console to the pro go? Was it smooth?

Any one else getting this??

2160 RGB unsupported? What's that??

Also HDR not supported on your TV on video output?

My tv has HDR on as I've seen it when watching films.

Im reading on AV forums you need the PRO set to 2160 yuv to get HDR to work - with OLED tv's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom