Sony PlayStation 4 PRO

You would think Digital would mean games cost less.. no physical packaging or disc or printed materials.... its SCANDALOUS we have to pay more for Digital distribution.

Digital distribution on consoles is only so expensive at the moment because it isn't the norm..

As soon as more people start buying digitally, then CD-Key sites will start selling the games cheaper.

PC games on Steam are £49.99 new but you can very easily get a code online for under £25. PS4 games will never be as cheap as PC because of licensing fees, but if games start becoming digital distributed on consoles you should be able to pick up a new game for £30-£35 and not the £69.99 they are on PSN.

You would think Digital would mean games cost less.. no physical packaging or disc or printed materials.... its SCANDALOUS we have to pay more for Digital distribution.

Same as albums on ITunes. How can they justify paying £11.99 for an album which you NEVER technically own and get no physical product.
Some older albums are 99p on Amazon yet are still 99p per track on ITunes.
I never buy off ITunes. I always want the product and can get non deluxe albums for £9.99 and deluxe for £12.99 from HMV - all cheaper than ITunes.

Same as albums on ITunes. How can they justify paying £11.99 for an album which you NEVER technically own and get no physical product.
How can games developers justify making three times the revenue of physical product sales on selling "points" and "cards" and "players" that don't really exist... Paying for nothing.

Convenience is worth an obscene amount in this day and age.

The Lods are still ugly on Fifa 17.

Ps4 pro and Even Ps4 itself has the ability to have maxed lods if they use Fxaa instead of Msaa.

But no, EA aint even listening. Now at 4k, the ugly lods are obvious on 40" 4k TVs. Cause it was already obvious on my 18" 900p monitor.

We need EA to enable max lods in their next patch for all next gen platforms.

I am on a new ps4 pro , i got uncharted 4 which i updated to the latest version (1.17) but when the game starts it kicks me out with error ce-34878-0 after 5 seconds when i am on the initial screen (when drake appears). How can i get over this situation?

PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0 (or CE-36329-3) – what it is
The PS4 error CE-34878-0 is displayed when a game or system application crashes. When the system crashes, all unsaved progress is usually lost. The error tends to happen to PS4 games that are poorly optimized or have bugs and glitches. The error code can also be displayed as CE-36329-3 on some systems.

PS4 error CE-34878-0 fix
The PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0 can usually be fixed without having to re-install the PS4 system software. Here’s what you need to do to fix the error:

• Restart the system and try again. Make sure the latest game patches and PS4 system software has been installed.
  • If the error persists, re-install the game (re-download if its a downloadable title), and try again.
  • If the error still persists, you’ll have to re-install the PS4 system software. Go to Settings, then to Initialization, and choose Initialize PS4. Be sure to back up your data before doing this.
As always with games, pay attention to patches and announcements from the developer, as this might give a hint whether it’s the game that’s at fault, or if something went wrong with your PlayStation 4 console. In the vast majority of cases, re-installing the game will fix this issue.

So, fate intervened and sent a green pixel to my pretty much new HD TV, the store only has 4K tv's to replace mine and I'll be throwing in a few extra bob for a 55" hdr compatible set as well. So Gaddemit, I guess this Pro-business will be happening at some point.

It makes me excited but I also kind of hate myself... :D

Last edited:
I ended up with this one:
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...d-hdr-55-led-tv-10143161-pdt.html#srcid=11026

I only had Sony sets to choose from in the store (well, because I did buy one there to begin with). HDR not supposed to be groundbreaking and higher input lag compared to the most game-friendly tv's, but I had my eye on a 100hz panel and a good tv for sports, which this set was supposed to be. I certainly haven't found any problems yet, and playing games seems just fine, I'm not entirely sure if I notice input lag, I certainly wouldn't if I wasn't looking for it. Was a bit scared to go from 50 to 55 as bigger sets seem more likely to have clouding in blacks and light bleed. Seems fine, certainly a lot better than my "old" set.
4K looks immense, but I feel that I still need more time to get the settings right. I started watching The ridiculous 6 on netflix because it was hdr. It certainly looked fantastic, and somehow just automatically looked perfect, unlike the other 4K shows which I feel lack a bit more time for me to fiddle with the settings like I said before. But since it is also a smoldering turd I gave up 10 minutes in.

So, PRO is on a bit of a deal here (still shitty compared to UK deals/general price, but that's Iceland for you) and I wanted to pop in to ask you how you are liking it so far, those of you who bought it and are, indeed, reading this?
Are the heating issues something to worry about? Noticed any games perform worse than on the PS4?
I can probably sell my old system for pretty much half price of the new one.

After months of debating of what to do I sold my Pro yesterday and am done with gaming.
I don't see me ever enjoying pes or FIFA again and I don't get time to play and learn other games.

Well, I suppose that solves it.

Sorry I will post my answer, but won't be very helpful.

So, PRO is on a bit of a deal here (still shitty compared to UK deals/general price, but that's Iceland for you) and I wanted to pop in to ask you how you are liking it so far, those of you who bought it and are, indeed, reading this?
Are the heating issues something to worry about? Noticed any games perform worse than on the PS4?
I can probably sell my old system for pretty much half price of the new one.

Heating issues do not seem to be an issue, machine gets hot but that is it.
Noticed FIFA has better textures loaded but not on par with PC. (Same awful player models.) Last of Us looks slightly better.
IMO the upgrade to the PRO just isn't worth it.

IMO the upgrade to the PRO just isn't worth it.
I think if you've seen modern PC graphics, it might not be worth it, but if you've only played on consoles for the last 5+ years, it's a different story.

It was never going to beat a PC - but I think what it achieves is pretty great for the money. For the cost, I wasn't expecting miracles. Yes, I got a 4K TV too - which cost the most amount of money I've ever spent on technology - but that works for more than just games, obviously, and I believe getting a decent 4K PC monitor (especially with HDR) is a bit of a nightmare.

I'm glad I've got the Pro - I went back to PES on the standard PS4 at a friend's house recently and, despite not thinking there's much difference on the Pro day-to-day, I was pretty shocked at how much worse the faces looked. I mean, they weren't terrible, but after being spoilt with the Pro at home, I couldn't believe it. I didn't think I'd even notice, but I was immediately struck by how much blurrier they looked.

My only problem with it is that the fans are absolutely bananas, I genuinely think it's a bit of a disgrace. Even in the days of the 360 kicking out some serious heat/noise, I could hear the TV over it. Now, I have to put headphones on, or I'd get complaints from the neighbours for turning up the sound so loud, seriously. And it's not like it's a rare occurrence - on PES, it starts when you're on the pre-match setup screen. Not exactly the most intense task...

Last edited:
One thing PC players can't understand is the fact that PS4 Pri can upscale to 4k much better than PC.

On PC, 1080p upscaled to 4k looks loke blurred ass crap due to stupid bilinear filtering it uses.

On Ps4 Pro, a different technique is used that looks better than PC upscaling.

Why is that? Could you please elaborate.
I've read over on NeoGAF a few times that they cost a lot of money (which, even for the response time benefit, seems crazy when they're half the size of a TV), and that there's not a lot of choice out there, and that they don't tend to have HDR compatibility.

I could be wrong but I'm just going off what I've read over and over again...

So it looks like the next PS4 and PS4 Pro firmware update will add some pretty major features...

Both are getting external HDD support (about time), custom wallpaper, and PSVR will support the viewing of 3D Blurays. (SOURCE: NeoGAF)

But also, the PS4 Pro is getting... Boost Mode, which will increase the framerate in non-Pro-patched games where possible.

(SOURCE: NeoGAF)

Really happy!

Last edited:
That's the main thing which has been required and should of been in on day 1.

"PS4 Pro is getting... Boost Mode, which will increase the framerate in non-Pro-patched games where possible."

Will make a massive difference in some games, and when the firmware is released will give Until Dawn another play - as although I dealt with the awful frame rate first time it is really noticable when I tried replaying last time.

Will make a massive difference in some games, and when the firmware is released will give Until Dawn another play - as although I dealt with the awful frame rate first time it is really noticable when I tried replaying last time.
I've still got that hanging around but never finished it because of the framerate, good shout.

I'm just hoping Project Cars becomes a lot faster and that there's less tearing.

First impressions of Boost mode are incredibly favourable it seems.

Anyone got a 4.5 Beta code they are happy to give up, would be very grateful

Wonderful piece of kit, the PS4 Pro. However, I hope the Beast Mode improves the Pro's menu lag I've been experiencing lately.

Back
Top Bottom