Sony PlayStation 3

trust me, i'm looking at them on my HDTV via the ps3 browser and it's just another class!!!!... but it takes ages to type in stuff using the controller tho! :shock: ... need to get me a usb keyboard & mouse.

trust me, i'm looking at them on my HDTV via the ps3 browser and it's just another class

Are you talking about the Getaway screens? If you are then a HDTV will make no difference as most PC monitors are running in HD anyway.

Last edited:
^^ Complete waist of space :roll:
Are you talking about the Getaway screens? If you are then a HDTV will make no difference as most PC monitors are running in HD anyway.

well not really mate, laptop's? yeah i agree with you, but most PC`s 'DESKTOPS' (which i think majority of people use) come with LCD *TV`s *monitors , and the majority of them aren't HDTV's therefore a quite marginal difference in quality.

Last edited:
Petition online - AVI playback on PS3

To: Sony and SCEA
We the people who have signed this, request and want to ability to play AVI/DivX files on the PS3.

Sincerely,

http://www.petitiononline.com/avips3/petition.html

Thanks

I doubt it! Sony know that DivX/XVid is used 90% for piracy, and it wouldn't make Hollywood Studios happy if they allow DivX/Xvid playback natively. It would also be a negative movement towards their online selling/renting of films, no one would do it.

I'm just waiting for 360 or PS3 to play h264 files in mkv container! :applause: :shock:

^^ Complete waist of space :roll:

well not really mate, laptop's? yeah i agree with you, but most PC`s 'DESKTOPS' (which i think majority of people use) come with LCD TV`s, and the majority of them aren't HDTV's therefore a quite marginal difference in quality.

You chat a lot of BS! Nearly ever monitor sold has enough resolution to see those pictures width wise, i.e. same as on a HDTV! I don't understand you fully, but most people don't use LCD TV's as monitors, they use TFT LCD monitors (not televisions) and they aren't HD-Ready, but still HD res.....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyway... Anyone installed Linux?

Spider-Man 3 Collectors Edition - GAME Exclusive

Collectors Edition Contains:

* Exclusive playable character: New Goblin playable using the Sixaxis
* Spider-Man 3 movie behind the scenes footage and trailers
* Interview with Avi Arad, Spider-Man 3 producer
* B-Roll footage of talent VO session
* Collectable lenticular card

£54.99

i think this edition is worth it but GAME shouldnt be allowed to sell it at that price, £50 is more respectable.

Wait a minute. So you can only use the special controls for the New Goblin if you bought your copy from GAME?

Na, I think all the PS3 Spiderman 3 game will have the Golbin-gimmick (lol), but GAME will sell the pack with the card, trailer etc.

You chat a lot of BS! Nearly ever monitor sold has enough resolution to see those pictures width wise, i.e. same as on a HDTV! I don't understand you fully, but most people don't use LCD TV's as monitors, they use TFT LCD monitors (not televisions) and they aren't HD-Ready, but still HD res.....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyway... Anyone installed Linux?

Firstly you know i meant "monitor" (intead of "tv" so dont try to be a smart-arse :roll: ), and secondly how many home computer systems do you know come with HDMI connectivity equipped with the TFT screens?, and don't even tell me it wont make any big difference b'cos i'm looking at it from a 42" tv so the full scans (in high res), is and will be nothing like it's (for instance) 20" TFT LCD monitor counterpart.
EDIT: oh and btw LJ i was talking about the final fantasy scans

Last edited:
how do I go about getting stuff from the American and Japanese stores?

Something everyone should do.

You have to create new users, then register online. The US network is very easy to sign up as its obviously in English. The Japanese one however is difficult. I took pics of the menus so it was easy to translate.

Firstly you know i meant "monitor" (intead of "tv" so dont try to be a smart-arse :roll: ), and secondly how many home computer systems do you know come with HDMI connectivity equipped with the TFT screens?, and don't even tell me it wont make any big difference b'cos i'm looking at it from a 42" tv so the full scans (in high res), is and will be nothing like it's (for instance) 20" TFT LCD monitor counterpart.
EDIT: oh and btw LJ i was talking about the final fantasy scans

Youv'e lost the plot mate! The HDMI connectivity will not make much difference in quality on static images compared to VGA (what most people use).

Just forget it, if it makes you sleep better, you keep thinking that the scans (which aren't even that good quality) look better on a HDTV than a monitor.

Something everyone should do.

You have to create new users, then register online. The US network is very easy to sign up as its obviously in English. The Japanese one however is difficult. I took pics of the menus so it was easy to translate.

just make up random addresses and so on?

Na, I think all the PS3 Spiderman 3 game will have the Golbin-gimmick (lol), but GAME will sell the pack with the card, trailer etc.

the goblin character is ONLY in the collectors edition which you can ONLY get from GAME.

Question: Does anybody know if there will be any PSP to PS3 connectivity in any upcoming PS3 games?

I've not used my PSP in MONTHS and so I'm going to stick it on eBay - as long as I don't find out there's extra features if you use a PSP as a controller in MGS4 or something. And if not, then I've got to choose whether to put the money towards a Wii or a PS3!!

I'm actually debating whether to get a PS3. I love my 360 but living with a constant fear of three red lights and having voided my warranty on it, I'm just worried it can crash out at any time. And the fact Guitar Hero 2's patch is even crashing 360's on its own and going as far as causing the red lights, it definately makes me edgy about using it.

Thing is the PS3 isnt generating much of a buzz and nothing on the PS3 stands out as something I cant already do or have a good equivalent of on a 360.

Decisions, decisions ...

Back
Top Bottom