Sky+HD

Sin City was on last night in HD but the audio was plain 2.0, disgusting, I've deleted my recording.

BBC - :RANT:

Sin City was on last night in HD but the audio was plain 2.0, disgusting, I've deleted my recording.

BBC - :RANT:

Ah is that why some HD shows re really quiet in volume? to do with this 2.0 buisness

technophobe here

Yea, some shows aren't in 5.1 but it depends on the channel.

When it comes to films though there is no excuse for the BBC not to show it 5.1.

There was no sound coming from my rear speakers and the Dolby Digital logo didn't light up on my receiver.

Sky really need to get their arses in gear and prove that our programming can be as good as America, cause I'm sure they've got tonnes of HD channels.

Mind you I heard our television industry is around seven years behind theirs, so I suppose that doesn't help.

I agree but it will all take a while.

Rumour - the new HD EPG will launch on Feb 5th.

Last edited:
The current TV Guide section etc is very, very outdated and the new one is for the HD boxes only.

The Australian Open looks great on Eurosport.

Last edited:
Don't think so... They just show some programmes that aren't in HD. Like SkySports put non HD programmes on SkySports HD1 and 2 sometimes.

The tenns is definately in HD but they do have very little content in HD on their channel. They should remove the HD from the logo when their not showing HD content, thats what some other channels do.

Sky Sports, Sky 1 and C4 HD are all simulcast of the SD versions.

The is a small video of the new EPG in the video below, 5 minutes in.

link

Wow, caught some of the Aus Open this morning on EurosportHD. It did indeed look bloody awesome.

The new EPG is launching in February and it doesn't sound like they'll be dropping the £10 HD charge anytime soon based on the figures they released today.

skyresultspage22kb1.jpg

Total customers up 171,000 in the quarter to 9,238,000

Sky+ up 515,000 in the quarter to 4,650,000

Multiroom up 68,000 in the quarter to 1,723,000

Sky+HD up 188,000 in the quarter to 779,000

Broadband up 163,000 in the quarter to 1,955,000

Telephone up 139,000 in the quarter to 1,500,000

Annualised Churn - 9.9% (10.9% in prior quarter)

Average annual revenue per customer - £444 (£430 in prior quarter)

Most significant growth is Sky+HD, up 32% in just one quarter. Sky+HD set-top box price reduced to £49 from 28 January 2009 and 1,000 jobs created to support growth.

Number of customers with Sky+ (including HD) is now over 50% of customer base.

779,000 people paying £10 extra a month is close to £80 million (I think) guaranteed for them over a 12 month contract.

779,000 people paying £10 extra a month is close to £80 million (I think) guaranteed for them over a 12 month contract.

£10 for about 10 channels that aint always showing HD stuff in the first place

They have gave in i tell ya

Sci Fi HD launched recently and their line up is probably the worst along with Eurosport.

sky should be looking at getting hd content into everyones homes and then use hd as a selling point to there subscriptions and not charge a fee for them

until they do that then i will stick with my dreambox dm800 which i might add gets me about 40 hd channels ranging from movies, sport and music

alot better than sky hd. we are ripped off in this cuntry

Back
Top Bottom