Sky+HD

There is a huge backlog of orders for Sky HD at the moment and there are not enough trained engineers to do the work. Sky and its partner companies are looking at recruiting and training lots of new people over the next couple of months in order to cope with the demand

That would be an ideal job for me

i know the ins and out of all things to do with Tv, dvd, sky ect ect

I know the name of the company that dealt with it all down in Kent but have no clue who deals with it in other parts of the country. I am guessing if you go looking through the Sky website there should be a link there that would help

I know the name of the company that dealt with it all down in Kent but have no clue who deals with it in other parts of the country. I am guessing if you go looking through the Sky website there should be a link there that would help
Also I think on the back of the Sky Vans they have some kind of phone number about having a career working for Sky.... :SMUG:

Do you think they work let people work on a push bike? I could put a roof rack on it to carry the ladder and stick the digibox on my handlebars :LOL:

Saying that i aint even got a bike

Custom AV, I want to join them but you got to be 21 grrr

Yeah there is a long wait as we ordered our Sky HD about 3 weeks ago, and our install date is the 20th Dec, so another 2 and a half weeks to wait still! :((

image.axd

That DOG is taking the piss.

Depends if Sky are using their own cameras, or using another companies, i.e. an Italian companies, which are probably not as good as Sky's.

In Italy we have Sky too... its weird that when we watch football over there, its in HD/16:9, but from the UK they seem to only get it in 4:3.

I am pretty sure la liga games are broadcast in HD over in Spain. Canal+ broadcast in HD for sure. Sky are just not using the HD feed which is disappointing as we all would like to watch la liga in HD.

Boxing in HD is great though. Last two PPV's have looked real nice.

It could be the international feed though, we get the ugly 4:3 pictures for the Sunday NFL games even though they are broadcast in HD in America.

Just like they have no control over what games they get it could be the same for the picture too. I doubt that Sky would turn down the opportunity to have La Liga games in HD.

It could be the international feed though, we get the ugly 4:3 pictures for the Sunday NFL games even though they are broadcast in HD in America.

Just like they have no control over what games they get it could be the same for the picture too. I doubt that Sky would turn down the opportunity to have La Liga games in HD.

considering we get monday nights NFL game in HD I always thought it was Sky who was choosing not to show sunday NFL games in HD.

They asked for more HD games from the NFL and this season they got Monday night, Thursday night, the playoffs as well as the Superbowl in HD.

I think its just the NFL holding back, it'll be interesting if any other countries get the Sunday games in HD or 16:9 at least.

I have a Sky question that Kev or anyone with some Sky knowledge may be able to answer

My Mates been with Sky for ages and still has the basic non plus box. If they cancel Sky and go with them again will they be eligible for the free plus box as a new customer?

I'm sure if they threatened to cancel Sky they'd end up with a free plus box assuming they can speak to the disconnections team there.

I'm sure if they threatened to cancel Sky they'd end up with a free plus box assuming they can speak to the disconnections team there.

You will, eventually. I had sky along time ago. And they still keep pestering me to come back, trying to offer me a free Sky+ box. Personally i hate sky and don't get me started on that 'HD'. I can't believe the amount of people being suckered into.

This is probably a stupid question, but anyway, if I was to get SkyHD, does the £10 a month include Sky Sports & Movies or would I have to subscribe to them as well as the HD bundle to be able to watch them?

It doesn't apply, you need to add them too your package. There is a deal going on right now when existing customers can get the movie channels for three months for only £5 but you need you ask certain questions when you speak to them on the phone.

Sci Fi HD and MTV HD are launching today, the only HD music stuff on MTV will probably be only recent concerts though.

EDIT: MTV HD is on 384, Sci Fi may be postponed till January.

Last edited:
I work for Sky - best way of getting the movie offer is ring up and tell them you wanna get movies n sports but cant afford it so looking to cancel and go with virgin or some crap like that.

3 Days...

Well, we already have the Sports package, so I guess it's just a case of adding in the movies? Reckon you could put a word in for me Kev? ;))

In my house we usually have the movie channels for a few months then go without for a few, last year summer we had the movie channels for 3 months and only paid £1.

I work for Sky - best way of getting the movie offer is ring up and tell them you wanna get movies n sports but cant afford it so looking to cancel and go with virgin or some crap like that.

Sky's employee of the month. :APPLAUD:

The Simpsons will be in HD from February but Law and Order S17 will not :CURSE:

Back
Top Bottom