Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2013/14 Season

Callejon is one of the most successfull SerieA transfers.
He's underrated though.

boy, this thread is dead! i haven't posted in 4 months and my last post is still just in the page before this one...
where is everybody? :CONFUSE:
we should rename this thread "the cemetary of forgotten clubs" :P

We're still on top. :BOP:

Seems like a swap between the two Sicilian teams in imminent. Apart from the relegation battle Serie A is pretty much done and dusted this season.

Seems like a swap between the two Sicilian teams in imminent.

and they say karma is bullshit. Serves them right for mocking us last summer. :P
no wait, i really can't do this. i know i'm supposed to despise catania, but i actually kinda like them.

anyway, i got a feeling we won't be staying in serie a for more than a season (typical sicilian... we haven't even officially reached serie a yet, and i'm already pissed for our future relegation :P ).

Not many Serie A enthusiasts around I guess, and like Damjan already said, this season is over already done (in the best possible way) :D

But I'm also glad about Palermo, they belong in the first division to me and I missed them in the league this season. Hope they don't get reletagted again soon :P

And since the Scudetto is practically ours, what I want for the rest of the season is for Immobile to end up top scorer, called for the WC and then back to Juve. We need this, both Italy and Juve.

Its sounds like there has been a major incident near the stadium before tonights coppa italia, even reports of gunfire.

Serie A Thread - 2013/14 Season

Yeah there's a caos. One man got shot he's still alive , taking care in hospital near by , thats what BeIN sport are saying...

EDIT: Napoli fan murder before the game.

Last edited:

Milan's management is a circus. We force Seedorf to retire from football and to become our manager.

The whole dressing room is behind him and the team is playing good football and have more points in fewer games than Allegri had.

And now a certain somebody at the club is spreading stupid rumours saying the team isn't behind Seedorf.

And that certain somebody won't sign Rami, who has been fantastic, and would rather sign 32 year old Alex on a free.

Where is the long term project? If Inzaghi becomes manager, he will fail. I know it. This will mean we will lose both Inzaghi AND Seedorf, who are inspirational Milan legends.

What is the point of all this?

ps - #iostoconseedorf

Fans of Chelsea, PSG and Manchester City, pay attention to what is happening with Milan. The same will happen at your clubs when the Sugar daddy has enough, retires or becomes senile like Berlusconi.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure. I think Berlusconi doesn't want to see Milan under the ownership of foreigners, I think his political views may have something to do with this. I don't think Abramovich, Mansour or Al-Khelaifi would have any problem at all with handing their club down to one of their billionare friends. Mansour and Al-Khelaifi also both seem like very professional businessmen.

another bunch of idiots did the banana thing...

403390_heroa.jpg

What are the Italian authorities doing about Ultra power ? What happened before the final of the Coppa really is a shame for both football and Italy as a country. Italian people don't deserve this, Italian football fans don't deserve this (those Ultra idiots are not football fans).

And what about the Juve T-shirts, that once again alluded to the "stolen" titles...how small minded a big club can be...

Italian football is in the right mood for the WC, every time there is a low point, they win the WC:1982, 2006.

And now 2014 ?

What are the Italian authorities doing about Ultra power ? What happened before the final of the Coppa really is a shame for both football and Italy as a country. Italian people don't deserve this, Italian football fans don't deserve this (those Ultra idiots are not football fans).

italian authorities haven't really done anything substantial, and honestly, i'd be surprised if they did. the thug who fired a gun in broad daylight is under arrest, obviously, but that's the very least u would expect in a civilized country (although i'm not really sure this adjective fits italy anymore).

also Gerd, i do appreciate the sentiment behind your post, but i gotta disagree with u; we do deserve this. infact that's exactly what we deserve; to be embarassed in front of the entire world, to be depicted as a joke of a country, which can't even deal with a bunch of petty thugs with the iq of a jellyfish...... because that's precisely what we are.
infact, i'd say we deserve a lot worse than this. how clubs like roma, lazio and napoli are even allowed to play in champions league and europa league is beyond my understanding. i realise that today banning a football club from european football would be a much more "delicate" and complicated matter than it was in the 80s. european football has become a bit of a circus and there are much bigger interests at stake.... but seriously, what must happen for uefa to finally acknowledge that we are simply not civilized enough to play football with the rest of europe! if we can't protect our foreign guests from a bunch of thugs, then we shouldn't be allowed to host theese events on behalf of uefa. plain and simple.

btw,i think there's also something else worth pointing out. from what i understand, Gerd, u seem to believe that the ultras are our problem (and i guess that's the general opinion outside italy, thanks to sloppy journalism). however i believe we shouldn't really associate this violence with ultras. of course there's a link between theese episodes and some ultras, but to say that ultras (as a social group) are the problem, would be quite unappropriate.
follow me for a sec. if ultras, as a social phenomenon, were the problem, then the situation in italy would be completely out of control, as basically every professional football club has its own ultras groups. Palermo, for instance, has its ultras groups (there are 4 or 5, i believe).... and yet, have u ever heard of any incident involving palermo fans or ultras?
and it's not like palermo is an exception here... think of udinese ultras or chievo ultras, or siena's ultras or empoli's.
infact, if u pay close attention, u'll notice that almost every ultras incident in italy seems to involve always the same ultras groups, and that theese episodes seem to occur always in the same cities: napoli, roma, bergamo, verona, just to mention the most "infamous".

according to the official data from the "ministero degli interni" (department of internal affairs) there are 70.000 ultras in italy today. if they were the real catalyst of the violence in italian football, then the entire nation would be under siege every given sunday. actually scratch that... even if only half of those ultras were violent thugs, u would still have riots in every italian city on every matchday. what we're talking about here is something much less "serious".... just a bunch thugs, located in just some cities.
and that's the most pathetic aspect in this situation; that we can't even handle such a ridiculous criminal threat.

Last edited:

Well, I do remember of course the riots between Palermo and Catania ultras a few years ago, but I think the groups you mentioned have historically always been like this. In fact, Atalanta, Verona, Lazio etc. aren't as bad as they were when terraces were uncontrolled. Many big names from these groups have been banned, because of the clubcard system. The groups I mentioned are strongly tied to politics, whereas teams like you said (Udinese, Chievo, Siena etc.) don't have a clear political side they chose.

Well, I do remember of course the riots between Palermo and Catania ultras a few years ago.....

i assume u're referring to the incidents in catania that led to the death of officer raciti, a few years ago. palermo fans and ultras had no part whatsoever in those incidents. that horrible guerrilla that went on that day was only between some catania ultras and the police.
infact palermo ultras weren't even in catania when those incidents occurred, as the bus carrying the palermitani to catania stopped nearby enna (a village near catania) as soon as word got out there were troubles in catania. palermo fans only reached catania stadium during half time, once the dust settled and it was safe for the palermitani to reach catania.
and that's actually not unusual. most of the times infact theese "fans" don't attack the opponent's fans. most of the riots erupt between the fans and the police. it's not a matter of rivalries... it's not a fans vs fans thing..... almost always it's just fans attacking the police.

damjan said:
Many big names from these groups have been banned, because of the clubcard system
oh yeah, that was a brilliant idea. they banned theese thugs from the stadia, so now they wreak havok just outside the stadia (where it's even more difficult for the police to contain and control them).
the ban system is a ridiculous idea. as an italian journalist said a couple of days ago.... "if i enter a supermarket and vandalize it.... if i break stuff and attack people, they don't ban me from the supermarket..... they arrest me and charge me with vandalism".
why should we treat theese people differently? theese scumbags should be charged with terrorism, not banned from the stadium for a couple of years.
damjan said:
The groups I mentioned are strongly tied to politics, whereas teams like you said (Udinese, Chievo, Siena etc.) don't have a clear political side they chose
actually all ultras group have a political allegiance (even the quiet ones, like udinese, chievo and siena). however the political aspect is absolutely irrelevant. theese people might claim some sort of political interest, but that's just a pretext. we're talking about underprivileged ignorants here.... they might claim they're fascists or comunists or anarchists, but they don't know a thing about fascism, comunism or the anarchic movement. they're nothing but a bunch of halfwit ignorants, who never opened a book (or a newspaper) in their lives. they hide themselves behind ridiculous political allegiances, because it's easier than admitting the truth; that they're just an angry mob, unleashing their most primal instincts. and they do it on matchday, nearby our stadia, because that's the only occasion in which they can get away with it.

this is not about politics, it's not about sport. it's just about violence. they often interview theese scumbags here in italy and they always say the same things: "the only reason i reach the stadium on sunday is to hurt people and destroy stuff". there's no other agenda here.
theese people couldn't even tell u what the 1st article of our constitution says.... hell they couldn't even tell u when our constitution was signed! how could they possibly know anything about politics!
try and ask any livorno ultra (livorno's ultras are supposedly comunists) if he ever read das kapital, or what was the name of the first leader of the italian communist party.... they will look at u as if u were talking about rocket science!
or, if u wanna have a laugh, try and ask a lazio fan how fascism rose to power, or what's the difference between nazism and fascism...... it would be like asking kim kardashian to comment on putin's foreign policy, or debating italian litterature with paris hilton. :P

theese scumbags are nothing but violent thugs, and should be treated as such. in any civilized country they would get prosecuted and incarcerated..... not banned from the stadium for a couple of years.

Last edited:

Oh man here we go with Serie A. Conte has resigned!!! :SHOCK:

Allegri will probably be new coach, LOL.

EDIT: it's official now, most of supporters already want his head :LOL:

Last edited:
wow! i did not see this coming! are there any rumours about the reasons of conte's departure?

I've heard one,but it seems farfetched.
Nevertheless:

Conte walked away the minute he knew Juve had bought Patrice Evra.

Very improbable imo, but that is what i read somewhere on this forum...

Conte and Juventus management said they had different ideas about current market window. I also don't believe about Evra being the main reason, there are rumors one between Vidal and Pogba will leave and surely Conte was against their departure, so he decided to resign, now probably he will be new Italy NT coach.

Last edited:
I agree, I think it had to do with Vidal or Pogba being sold, and also because none of Conte's targets were signed: Iturbe, Sanchez, Nainggolan etc.

I think it's a good move by him. Leave at a high and sticking to his guns. I think he will be Italy manager now.

i see. that would definitely explain conte's decision indeed. thanks for the info guys :))

So the new season is coming up, how do you rate your team's transfer activity? Thumbs up to Roma for strengthening almost every department and holding on to stars (so far...).

Milan's situation seems bleak, but I don't think our squad is as bad as some people make out. Early reports and interviews suggest Pippo is a true workaholic and is even involved in player diets and very early morning starts. Let's see how this plays out.

i'm a big fan of pippo and i wish him to do well, but i'd be surprised if he could do much good with this milan team.
being milan's coach theese days is kinda like driving a ferrari f1 car.... u get the huge expectations which come with the "big name", but u have very little to work with.

this is a bit embarassing to ask, but do u guys know if palermo made any moves on the market yet?... i'm not really following football much lately :P

oh and btw, keep an eye on our young striker Belotti. everyone in palermo is crazy about this kid, and even i was quite impressed by him last season (on the few occasions i actually watched palermo's games). :))

Now that is odd, i just wanted to ask about Palermo's prospects for the upcoming season, will they avoid relegation ?

Back
Top Bottom