Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2013/14 Season

I'm more impressed by Bradley's Italian post-match!

edit - although Milan are pretty awful this season.... when Kaka came on, it was as if he never left us. Watching him play is always special.

.... when Kaka came on, it was as if he never left us. Watching him play is always special.

That's because he never did, he's always been a rossonero at heart. His form might not be on top ATM, but his magic is still is.

edit - although Milan are pretty awful this season.... when Kaka came on, it was as if he never left us. Watching him play is always special.

he is smart enough to know he needs to be able to talk to the hot italian tail he probably is chasing in rome

. I was watching the Fior vs Napoli and the ref gave a red card to Guillermo for diving , when clearly he was taking down. Even the throw in he gave to Napoli when Callejón touch the ball out, then recalled back and correct it by giving it to Fior. He did give a Harsh red to Napoli. Too many mistakes in one match. No one even moaned about it. Which I find even more strange!

Worst officiating this year ...

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

Zanetti will be back, mark my words!
article-0-19509E2200000578-928_634x525.jpg

. . Too many mistakes in one match. No one even moaned about it.

no one moaned about it? that ref (de marco) was the major talking point that week! anyway de marco still remains a great ref... he just had a very bad day.:))

milanista said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haeIWVUQKnQ
listen to when he says "voglia" (0:26). i've never, ever heard an english speaker (english or american) pronouncing "gl" correctly before (they usually pronounce both consonants or just the "l"). i know native english speakers who have been living in italy for 20 years.... and they still can't pronounce "voglia" as well as bradley did. really impressive.
anyway i love bradley. he's a very nice football player and also seems to be a very likeable guy. and i love the fact that he always has a big smile on his face (he kinda reminds me of fabio cannavaro under this aspect).

also i'm very happy to see zanetti got back from that horrible injury. the man is a freaking machine!

I don't think it's that hard tbh. :P

Maybe it's because I'm used to pronouncing 'lj' as in Ivica Kralj. For Dutch people it's impossible to pronounce.

anyway i love bradley. he's a very nice football player and also seems to be a very likeable guy. and i love the fact that he always has a big smile on his face (he kinda reminds me of fabio cannavaro under this aspect).

Have you seen the adverts he's doing with other players like Totti for Volkswagen? I think they're great!

YouTube - Volkswagen-AS Roma: nuovo spot | new advert

no one moaned about it? that ref (de marco) was the major talking point that week! anyway de marco still remains a great ref... he just had a very bad day.:))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haeIWVUQKnQ
listen to when he says "voglia" (0:26). i've never, ever heard an english speaker (english or american) pronouncing "gl" correctly before (they usually pronounce both consonants or just the "l"). i know native english speakers who have been living in italy for 20 years.... and they still can't pronounce "voglia" as well as bradley did. really impressive.

also i'm very happy to see zanetti got back from that horrible injury. the man is a freaking machine!

Should be USA captain this wc

need some help..
i have just read a profile of totti from the uefa official page and i found something that confuse me .let me quote the material i have seen , it goes"• His rapid development encouraged coach Zdeněk Zeman to give him the club captaincy in 1997 at the age of 20; scored 30 goals over the next three seasons, winning his first senior cap for the Azzurri in October 1998 and helping Italy to a runners-up spot at UEFA EURO 2000, where he was the man of the match in the final against France."

And my question is what is the ture meaning of the sentence"where he was the man of the match in the final against France." does it mean totti was just the man who started in the final or he won the mvp of the final?

furthermore,could anyone please explain what the grammatical function the word "where" have made . up to a point what type of word it is in this situation.

thanks and sorry for my bad english .

need some help..
i have just read a profile of totti from the uefa official page and i found something that confuse me .let me quote the material i have seen , it goes"• His rapid development encouraged coach Zdeněk Zeman to give him the club captaincy in 1997 at the age of 20; scored 30 goals over the next three seasons, winning his first senior cap for the Azzurri in October 1998 and helping Italy to a runners-up spot at UEFA EURO 2000, where he was the man of the match in the final against France."

And my question is what is the ture meaning of the sentence"where he was the man of the match in the final against France." does it mean totti was just the man who started in the final or he won the mvp of the final?

furthermore,could anyone please explain what the grammatical function the word "where" have made . up to a point what type of word it is in this situation.

thanks and sorry for my bad english .

Hey - 'where he was man of the match in the final against france'. I understand that Totti was MVP of the final. I'm bad at explaining grammar, but in this situation 'where' is talking about the Italy v France match from the previous sentence :))

I thought Dempsey was captain?

Dempsey is the current captain, but since his move to Seattle, he has struggled with injuries and by extension playing time. If he is able to get a loan abroad before the start of the next MLS season, his form may come around and I will have no problem with him remaining captain. However, as good as Dempsey is (and I personally think Villas-Boas missed a trick), Bradley is our most vital player. When he misses games, we look like a completely different team. Any player that makes that kind of difference should be a captain. The same could have been said about Tim Howard, but with Brad Guzan coming into his own, Bradley is the one player the US cannot afford to have injured or out of form come next summer. He is irreplaceable.

Apparently Bradley is quite highly praised in the US media.

Now, he is getting his due, but when his dad was coach of the national team, everyone was claiming nepotism...which was laughable. Bradley is one of maybe three or four players on the current US roster who started for Arena, his dad, and Klinsmann. They all recognized his talent and potential...and now the US media is finally catching up with those of us in the know.

Milan has been an absolute circus in the last 2 days. Let's see how this Barbara and Galliani combination works out and how long it lasts. It was probably Galliani the reason why Maldini hasn't had a role at Milan in the past 3-4 years.

aye at this rate a major walk-out/slew of transfer requests seems to be almost inevitable. Crazy to even think about that for a club like Milan.

Milan has been an absolute circus in the last 2 days. Let's see how this Barbara and Galliani combination works out and how long it lasts. It was probably Galliani the reason why Maldini hasn't had a role at Milan in the past 3-4 years.

maybe. but still i can't see barbara doing a better job than galliani did. not that i have anything against her (it's her father i can't stand :P ), but milan is a tricky ship to steer right now and there aren't many better sailors than galliani out there.

if we were talking about any other club (with any other general manager), i'd wellcome barbara with open arms (as she appears to be gutsy and smart), but milan happens to be directed by a living legend, one of the absolute best at his job.... and since everything else seems to be falling apart at milan, i wouldn't really wanna touch the one department which is still working well.

having said that, i perfectly understand her motives... and the timing of this sharade is also perfect.

anyway one thing is for sure: this cohabitation can't last for long. and this power struggle is weakening milan. i believe galliani is still the best man for the job, but since this succession is inevitable and barbara already exposed herself (launching the first strike), she can't back off now. a clean kill and a quick death would be both in milan's and galliani's interests.

Last edited:

I think Galliani's departure could turn out to be something good (not that he's not doing a great job there already) Milan needs a fresh start, something to get the club off this state which doesn't suit its image nor his history.

Maldini's name been circulating out there and a potential collaboration between him and Barbra sounds exciting, both are young and ambitious, imprinted with the club's DNA. If Galliani leaves I'd like to see this duo as his replacement.

I'm for Galliani staying. This man has friends in big clubs, is a true fan, has experience, and is loyal.

I get the impression that Barbara is all hot air, like her father. Full of bright ideas, but running a club that has Champions League in its DNA, a complicated balance sheet, and fierce rivalry with the new big rich clubs isn't a walk in the park. All this talk of Maldini, Albertini - sure, in theory they're great, but in practice, it might turn out like Roma in the last 2 years - aiming far too high for themselves.

Just because we're in a bad patch, it doesn't mean it's Galliani's fault. This guy gets blamed for everything, when there's a lot more going on.

two big names (sneijder, drogba) and a couple of other role players were enough for the best team of italy. man, what has become serie a :(

I'm for Galliani staying. This man has friends in big clubs, is a true fan, has experience, and is loyal.

Just because we're in a bad patch, it doesn't mean it's Galliani's fault. This guy gets blamed for everything, when there's a lot more going on.

don't get me wrong stef, i'd also prefere to leave galliani where he is. he's very good at his job and i certainly don't blame him for milan's current situation.... the blame (if we can even call it blame) lies with berlusconi and his oldest daughter marina (she's the one who cut the funds, years ago).
the thing is, there isn't really a choice here. barbara is the owner's daughter and her older stepsister and stepbrother already took over the most important financial assets of the family (mediaset and fininvest). milan is her piece of the cake and she thinks the time has come for her to claim what's been promised to her by her father.
two big names (sneijder, drogba) and a couple of other role players were enough for the best team of italy. man, what has become serie a :(
the league has been going downhill for more than 3 years now. it's no big news. ironically though i don't think juve is the most fitting example to show the decay of serie a. if anything, juventus is the only actor in serie a which could still play a big role in europe (i know t sounds silly to say this right now, but i think we all know juve is much better than what they showed this season in CL).

Back
Top Bottom