Roma fans Thread

Roma are a much better team this year but so are we. It will be an interesting two legs!

I think it will be far more one-sided over two legs this time (yes, more one sided than the 7-1 was). Either that or it'll be an extremely tight affair.

pretty quiet in here huh?:-pp
i mean, on the previous page u can still see last years man utd-roma related posts :DD

btw Plan m, yes, roma this season is stronger than last year.... but not that much. they have more depth (wich is most important for the league, but not that important for intrnational cups), but the quality didn't raise that much.

and this because it takes some feat to improve the quality of last season's roma (wich already was a hell of a team). they just made a little step foward. but afterall, even if roma is a top european club, their financial situation is very far from the others european top clubs (like man utd), wich makes very hard to keep the club on top of europe, with the best.

anyway this doesn't really matters, when it's about championn's league. if man utd and roma would play in the same league, i think man utd would end ahead of roma (but with a very little gap), but this is a double match competition, and roma has the quality to beat manchester, as they showed earlier this season at old trafford (i know roma lost that match, but they played better than man utd, had more scoring chances, and deserved to win that match).

but that was a group stage match and the pressure was lower.
now roma will face man utd in an in or out match, and the situation will be completely different.

roma is a fantastic team, when they're in a good shape they play the best football in europe (even better than man utd's and arsenal's fotball.... and this is said by a man who loves man utd's and arsenal's footie)... but according to their "features", they always have to play "ball on the ground".... wich means that the team has to be always extremely fit and cool to play his footy.
talking about this, manchester is pretty similar to roma, actually. manchester too has always to keep the ball on the ground, and both teams can't rely on an "easy and cheap" long pass gameplay.

but manchester showed a great personality in the past 2 years, and it was just that stronger personality the feature that allowed manchester to beat roma last season.

personality, that's the most important feature in champions league. and we got a big evidence of it this season too, when liverpool kicked inter out of the champions league.....
and last season too, when milan (wich was a weaker team than utd, but which has an immense personality and confidence) tore apart man utd..... personality.... maybe the only weakness of roma.

actually roma did a little step foward this season, also in terms of personality..... but did they become as cool and confident as man utd?? i don't know, i don't think so.

they destroyed real madrid in santiago bernabeu, wich definitely boosted their confidence..... but afterall, last season too, they faced man utd, just after outplaying a strong lyon..... and we know what happened later...:anx:

talking about their form, roma isn't facing a good moment. since the madrid's game, they slowed down a bit, they lost something, as their last performances showed, and totti is in a bad shape moment.....

anyway i'm sure it's gonna be a good match to watch.
good luck to both of u guys :))

Good post Lo Zio, i think losing Totti will be a big blow to them but they have Mirko Vučinić who is a top class player and will make up for it. i hope its a entertaining game instead of both attacking teams canceling each other out.

Good post Lo Zio, i think losing Totti will be a big blow to them but they have Mirko Vučinić who is a top class player and will make up for it. i hope its a entertaining game instead of both attacking teams canceling each other out.

Vucinic still won't provide what Totti provided, and will change their style. Totti is a huge blow.

damn totti out?? i hope you guys play positive like you played against Real Madrid... come on Roma come on!!!

This is probably going to be the best of the quarters to watch over two legs. So lets hope we get some great battles all over the pitch eh?

Good luck to you Romans, though obviously I do hope we win :D

you're right younggun, Vucinic is an awesome player and could still make up for it.

actually, if i could choose between a non-fit totti and vucinic, i would pick mirko everyday (he's such an underrated player, but he's one of the most complete fowards in europe).

totti is absolutely unique, and he's absolutely unreplacable (as abhi pointed out) .... but when he's not fit, his bad performance usually has an huge impact on the whole team (coz he's the fulcrum of roma's plays).

since the madrid game, totti played every match and his ankle was in serious pain..... spalletti lined up him anyway (coz when u have totti, u just line up him, no matter what, and because it would have been very hard for him to keep the fans icon out in such a crucial moment).... but honestly it would have been better if he would have lined up vucinic instead of him.

now that totti's injured, spalletti will be free to put mirko in the starting 11 and if i were a romanista, i would be pretty happy about it.

however, on the other side, totti is also the charismatic leader of roma. so, talking about the "personality factor", totti's miss will be very hard to bear for the rest of the team.

i just heard de rossi has some health troubles too (fever).
now this is really a very bad news for th romanisti :anx:

good luck for tonite guys :))
u will really need a bit of luck, playing against united without totti and with a non fit de rossi :anx:

Last edited:
you're right younggun, Vucinic is an awesome player and could still make up for it.

actually, if i could choose between a non-fit totti and vucinic, i would pick mirko everyday (he's such an underrated player, but he's one of the most complete fowards in europe).

I completely agree, while he hasn't always played as a centre forward he's done very well to adapt to the tactics deployed by Spalletti. I have noticed that most of the criticism directed towards him has been about his goal scoring record since the 2004-2005 season, but he's still a very versatile forward.

Last edited:
:-| Not good.

Played decent aswell.. better than 2 - 0

But oh well, I guess its all or nothing in the second leg.

Hopefully Totti's back along with Juan.

You're welcome :)

Just saw that :DD lol.

Anyway..

Hopefully Roma buy a new left back, foward and a goalkeeper becuase Doni is good about 5% while 95% like tonight he makes stupid mistakes. :MAD:

Next season I'd like the team to look like this

Amelia

Juan Manuel Vargas (left) Mexes Juan Cicinho (right)

Derossi Aquilani

Vucinic (left) Totti Perrotta (right)

Mario Gomez

Not 100% about Perrotta at right .. maybe Taddei and Perrotta on the bench.

I can dream :((

So who does everyone esle want Roma to sign?

well played Roma attacked ManU a lot only if your defense was more solid and if you had finished the plays you started would have been a completely different results!! Kudos to ManU for taking their opportunities which were presented to them!!

I was slightly disappointed because of the no. of long balls Roma played, even though they were never going to trouble Vidic and Rio.

Vucinic was shite last night. I was raving about him a few weeks ago too.

He's still great striker with lots of potential(only 23/24?),
he doesn't suit the lone forawrd role well at the moment.

Last night showed a prime example of how Mancini is overrated
and over-priced.

there was no urgency in roma's game last night til they bought on guily...

He's still great striker with lots of potential(only 23/24?),
he doesn't suit the lone forawrd role well at the moment.

Last night showed a prime example of how Mancini is overrated
and over-priced.

there was no urgency in roma's game last night til they bought on guily...

vucinic is 24 mate ;))
and yes, he's a fantastic player. unfortunately he plays for the wrong team, as, being a foward in a team where totti plays, means having really a few chances to play in your proper role.

he should still be considered a poacher (and he proved what a lethal poacher he can be at lecce a few years ago). he has the killer instinct a poacher must have, and he could score tons of goals, if he would get more playtime.
but u just can't expect him to be constant, considering the playtime he gets..... and however he has been damn good this season almost every time he played in his proper role (his goals per minutes percentage is fucking awesome!).

but, unlike most of the top fowards in europe, he also has an amazing technique, wich allows him to play also as SS. and thanks to his technique, his ability to play always with his "head up", his pace and his fantastic first touch passing ability, he was also able to play as a wing in the last 2 years..... and he was fantastic in that role too!

i really love this player :))

talking about mancini, i agree with u, Sabac, he's pretty overrated... many people consider him a world class wing, but he has not the constance required to be considered world class. when he's on form he can be simply unmarkable..... but when he's not in the right mood, he just disappears from the pitch.
still a damn good player, anyway:))

Back
Top Bottom