Roma fans Thread

:-| Not good.

Played decent aswell.. better than 2 - 0

But oh well, I guess its all or nothing in the second leg.

Hopefully Totti's back along with Juan.

Wishful thinking Jake, he will miss this weekends game against Genoa & the return leg at Old Trafford.

totti has ability to change things but other roma players must join him.a big surprize may happen but christiano ronaldo has a great form.roma must stop him first.

I think Roma are a very good side but we'll have too much for you at Old Trafford next week.

Good luck anyway lads!

:)

i think itll be something like 2-1.
they gotta try and get the goals but there also gonna try play it tight.
they're in tough position but il put money on 2 - 1.

Only reason i think they'll get one goal is by abit of luck though.
coz none of the italian sides have scored in england this season?

Last edited:
totti has ability to change things but other roma players must join him.a big surprize may happen but christiano ronaldo has a great form.roma must stop him first.

That's the difference with United & Roma though. Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo and Carrick ALL have the ability to change a match in a second.

Only reason i think they'll get one goal is by abit of luck though.
coz none of the italian sides have scored in england this season?

actually not.
there's 1 team which scored in england this season..... and it's roma..... and it was at old trafford :DD

and if u remember that match, u'll also remember they were really unlucky to score just once that night :))

plan m said:
That's the difference with United & Roma though. Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo and Carrick ALL have the ability to change a match in a second.

i don't think so honestly. roma too has many players who can change a match just by themselves: taddei, vucinic, perrotta, aquilani, de rossi (i'm really happy both aquilani and de rossi refused real madrid proposal this week :)))...
not to mention mancini.... he's not really constant, and he's not even the shadow of c. ronaldo.... but still, when he's in the right mood, he's simply unmarkable.

honestly if i could choose between a midfield couple composed by aquilani-de rossi or carrick-scholes, i would have no hesitations picking the roma duo.... even if i really rate carrick..and even if i have an ENOURMOUS respect for paul "the legend" scholes.

both roma and manchester are fantastic teams, both of them have a lot of quality, world class coaches, both of them play a fantastic football, and both of them are composed by many young players.....

but manchester youngsters are just more confident than roma's ones. actually the only roma youngster who has more personality than manchester players is de rossi.

and in a in or out competition, like the champions league, personality is a huuge factor.

moreover roma is not facing a good shape moment. the giallorossi performances in the last month (since the madrid match) were not really that great....

on the other side instead manchester is having an amazing shape moment, they're playing with a fantastic coolness and by watching them playing, u clearely have the feeling they make everything look very simple.

so i can't honestly see roma going through the next stage. if they would have played this double match 1 or 2 months ago the situation could have been different.... but in this moment they are not at their best... while united at the moment is arguably the strongest team in europe. :))

good luck btw guys ;))

Last edited:
actually not.
there's 1 team which scored in england this season..... and it's roma..... and it was at old trafford :DD

and if u remember that match, u'll also remember they were really unlucky to score just once that night :))

good luck btw guys ;))

damn, was pretty ignorant there.

Good post btw.
football can be a funny old game but im still confident that man utd can do it.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr8r.html

He knows his stuff.

Spalletti: Nothing is impossible
Tuesday 8 April, 2008

Luciano Spalletti reminds Roma and Manchester United that “nothing is impossible in sport” as he tries to overturn a 2-0 deficit at Old Trafford.

“We have to play for an hour as if nothing had happened at the Olimpico, completely ignoring the aggregate scoreline,” insisted the Giallorossi tactician ahead of tomorrow’s Champions League quarter-final.

“We must do well to make the most of the chances we create. To lay siege to United would be counterproductive.”

Sir Alex Ferguson irritated the Roma players when he talked about the potential semi-final against Barcelona.

The English media has also written them off, especially considering their 7-1 defeat in this fixture last season.

“Well we will try to achieve something remarkable. In sport one must accept defeat and we were able to learn and grow from that night,” continued Spalletti.

“After losing the first leg 2-0 it would be arrogant of me to come here and make proclamations. One must be humble and remember United are very strong.

“Looking over the past few years, there is a marked difference in the statistics and what has been achieved between these two clubs. Manchester are an example to be followed, but not just for Roma.

“If you don’t fight against them, then you lose. In fact, you can fight and lose anyway, because they have quality as well.”

After the first leg Spalletti suggested United were “the most Italian team I know” because of their counter-attacking tactics.

“What I found very impressive was the readiness to work hard and make sacrifices of their strikers. Against Middlesbrough I saw Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney perform crucial defensive interventions. In Italy and Spain we value tactics and technique, but in England they focus on muscles and sacrifice.”

Nonetheless, the Roma boss does not think the result is a foregone conclusion in the slightest.

“Nothing is impossible in sport. We have to give it our all, more than ever before. But I always start out thinking my team can overturn any result.

“We are playing this game and going out there in order to qualify. We certainly don’t have problems scoring goals.”

Amantino Mancini disappointed in recent outings and there are rumours he could be dropped.

“I am keeping him in consideration for this match, but the line-up is a different matter entirely. Mancini has important potential that we still need.”

The Coach also warned some of his players, most notably David Pizarro, for suggesting Cristiano Ronaldo was mocking opponents with his tricks.

“The bitterness of that moment made some step over the line. The Portuguese player is very strong. He is exuberant, but all in all fair.”

I always support English clubs in Europe. Even you lot (pool).

Shhould be a tight match, now that fergie has taken away our two counterattacking trheats. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I hope that beating Chelsea can turn the sesaon around, although Serie A has to be out of the window, we can still try to get the CL, wishful, maybe.

I don't think it is that stupid taking into consideration his salary is 1.5mill/year. In the long run, Roma would have paid nothing or maybe make a profit from a 2 year loan deal. Plus, I really doubt Bojan will be an undoubtable starter in the team. There are many other options now. Also, take into consideration the fact that Roma and Barcelona have been in quite some deals lately with Enrique,Jose Angel, and now Bojan.

Back
Top Bottom