Rangers Thread

Re: The Rangers Thread - Ugo! Ugo! Ugo! Ugo! Ugo!

FANTASTIC day for Rangers! It was the first SPL match I've watched this season and I was very happy that I did.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

:)

The team looked really tired mate and it showed as they were really poor.If we are to go through then we have to perform well in Lisbon next week,Daniel Cousin should be fit to play which is good news for us also :)

I must say that Sporting didn't really impress me to be honest,I expected much better from them.Hopefully next week will see a more open game.

Fantastic game by Rangers tonight. A consistent defense and a letal counter-attack were enough to beat Sporting. Great victory lads.

Thanks mate,I expected much better from Sporting but our defense has been solid enough throughout the season and we are a difficult team to beat,which they have found out tonight.Fiorentina will be a really tough game in the semis but with the Bears this season I don't know what to expect :D

What a night, just about to stop and goto bed the day off work and a night to remember. Our "anti footbal" is clearly effctive football.

excellent result last night, shame it could of been everton v rangers semi.....still moyes is gonna help rangers with his knowledge of fiorentina we beat them 2-0 in the 2nd leg but went out on penalties. :blush:

Congrats to Rangers, you deserve it, your conter attack simply blown us of...
I hope you win Fiorentina and advance to the finals...

Good derby, although i have to say the better team lost.

Seeing Andy Faye play for the first time in six months reminded me of Alan Gow, is he injured or what? His absence is quite puzzling as he is the type of player you'd think would come in to relieve some of the more fatigued players who have been playing week in and week out as of late.

Good derby, although i have to say the better team lost.

Seeing Andy Faye play for the first time in six months reminded me of Alan Gow, is he injured or what? His absence is quite puzzling as he is the type of player you'd think would come in to relieve some of the more fatigued players who have been playing week in and week out as of late.

Strange signing, Alan Gow. What was the point, really? Why even include him in the UEFA registered squad?

I'm not worried about the rest of the season. Everything is against us but at the same time, it's fantastic! Who'd have thought we would be chasing a quadruple this season? I think the league is ours for the taking and the Scottish Cup is sitting halfway in the bag.

The UEFA Cup is crap. I hope we get put out. :-pp

Disgusted by Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's "challenge" on Amdy Faye. He should have been arrested for common assault. As for the game, well referee Thomson shat himself. There was a prominent "brown thing" stuck to his leg for 90 minutes. The goals? One was offside, one was deflected and the other was a penalty outside the box. But that's enough whinging. It will be insignificant come the end of the season.

Hard to believe I started this thread almost 5 years ago. Could it be the oldest on evo-web?

Last edited:
Re: The Rangers Thread - Quadruple Contenders 2007/8 - 1 down, 3 to go

Excellent performance's in Europe this season, well deserved.:D

Im proud of you lots! FOLLOW FOLLOW BLUES

Congrats to all Rangers fan.

We're crap but we're up for a quad.You know the last time we reached a European final we beat a Russian team.

Deja vu? :BLINK:

I've heard so much bitterness coming from fans of opposing teams but my message to them is GIRFUY!!

We play to our strengths,which is defending and look where it has gotten us :w00t:

Sour grapes from Prandelli after the game:
"We gave everything we had trying to score until the last minute of extra time. Football is like this and today a team who focus on defending from the first to the last minute were rewarded. I'm sure we deserved to reach the final. Rangers came here just to stop us playing our best football and got the result they wanted."

They had 3½ hours to score but they couldn't! How can you deserve it more than a team who defended superbly?

At the opposite end of the spectrum is Ujfaluši, who stood in the tunnel mouth and shook the hands of all the Rangers players as they went inside.

Foxtrot one question...

Who are the people?

Rangers flying the flag in Europe for Scotland! :salute: :applause:

Hope you win the lot lads! :)

congrats on reaching the final, brilliant display.

What's happened to the Italian teams in Europe of late? :shock:

Congratulations on reaching the final! Going to be tough but I'm sure you'll have the vast majority of the UK supporting you :)

Sour grapes from Prandelli after the game:
"We gave everything we had trying to score until the last minute of extra time. Football is like this and today a team who focus on defending from the first to the last minute were rewarded. I'm sure we deserved to reach the final. Rangers came here just to stop us playing our best football and got the result they wanted."

there's something i'll never understand. why do u guys still believe this shit? It took 2 months to me to realise what the british press was all about... just 2 months.

so how can u still buy british newspapers? how can u believe and give credit to your journalists, commentators and pundits? how for fucking sake??

u see, here in italy, when a journalists lies, when he reports fake news, he faces serious consequences. he gets banned from the journalists association. wich means that he's not allowed to work as a journalist for his whole life.
but actually this doesn't happen just in italy... this happens in any civilized country.
so why doesn't it happen in uk? how is it possible for a journalist to LIE, to report fake informations, to manipulate the sources, to say that prandelli said... what he didn't say and just get away with it????

i have an opinion about it. after my "british experience" (but also after conversating for years with british friends) i realized that british journalists arent' really the ones to blame. because they just give u what u want. they tell u what u want to hear. anytime a british team faces a foreign team, they do ANYTHING to make the opponents look like "bad guys", because that's what u want. u want any sport challenge to look like a "good vs evil battle".

and that's why u keep believing this shit. u need to fill your heart with this patriotic\chauvinistic bullshits to really "feel the competition", wich is quite childish and sad, imo.

and the funniest thing is that the same journalists who LIE, who manipulate the media and the pubblic opinion, are also the ones who claim the british to be an "example of fair play" :LOL:
"the italians, the spanish, the portuguese dive, we don't; everybody is dirty but us; we are the only real sportsmen"

but isn't this more dirty than a diving player? isn't this the absolute opposite of fair play??

when last week materazzi received the official apoligises from the daily mirror, the sun, and many other uk newspapers, he said....
i had to sue them for what they wrote about the zidane incident, because i just couldn't let theese journalists to get away with it. they lied, and they were aware of their disgusting attitude. they knew what they were doing.... but they did it anyway, because here in uk a journalist is allowed to lie, to defame anybody, without facing any consequences. well not this time. i wanted them to apologise. i wanted them to say "yes, we lied".

class, style, fair play... they're not just about don't diving.... and if u would have heard prandelli's REAL words, after yesterday's match, then u would know what class is really about.

however Foxtrot, i'm not blaming u personally. i'm not attacking u, as u just reported some infos u didn't even know were FAKE.
i just used your post as a chance to say something i wanted to say, after reading tons off bullshits for 2 weeks (like that ridiculous story about prandelli complaining about ibrox pitch).

so no harm intended mate :beer:. i just wanna give u an advice; NEVER BELIEVE BRITISH JOURNALISTS, FOOTBALL COMMENTATORS OR PUNDITS, because they are scum.

now, if u are really interested in prandelli's opinion about yesterday's match, here they are.

football is not about trying to win; football is about winning. tonite we tried to win, but we failed. rangers won, and that's the only thing that really matters. is not about which team played the best football, or wich team had more scoring chances. it's not about which team deserved to win. it's just about wich team went through the next round. rangers did it, so hats off to them.

now, for once in my life, let me play the "chauvinist role". this is a fair play lesson.

moving on, talking about yesterday's match, i didn't watch rangers enough to express a reliable opinion about them. but, from what i saw , i wouldn't say rangers defended well.
u see, a team defends well when it manages to stop its opponents with 5\6 men defending... with 5\6 players behind the "ball line".
if u play this way and still are able to avoid your opponent to score, then u defended well.
but displaying 8 men behind the ball line.... well it becomes quite an easy task to avoid your opponent to score, playing this way. u just occupy the spaces, fill your own midfield and close any way to the box....... but that's not "defending".
defending is something different.

i also heard many wrong calls about rangers catenaccio. the catenaccio was a very sophisticated game system, wich implied 5 men defending...... just 5.

now, as i said before, i don't know rangers enough to talk about their gameplay..... but what i saw yesterday, and the week before too.... and also against sporting and werder.... well that's not catenaccio..... that's not even near to catenaccio :NONO:

however, as prandelli said, the only thing that really matters is the result. So congrats for the win guys and good luck for the final match :TU::applause::))

At the opposite end of the spectrum is Ujfaluši, who stood in the tunnel mouth and shook the hands of all the Rangers players as they went inside.

it was not just ujfalusi, mate. the whole team shook their opponents hands after the match (as they always do) and prandelli himself hugged walter smith just after the extra times (before the penalties) ;)):))

Last edited:

That's a big post. What I copied and pasted came from the uefa.com website, though I did enjoy your rant about the British press. Personally, I don't buy any newspapers and take reports from television and online media with a large pinch of salt. However, I would expect UEFA to report what was actually said.

As for our gameplay, we are playing to the best of our capabilities... in fact, we're probably playing above and beyond that. If that means defending for 210 minutes and winning ugly, then so be it. If it's the best we can do then why shouldn't we do it?

Walter Smith came back to Rangers in January 2007, inheriting a shambles of a squad with no belief, no spirit, no talent, from Paul Le Guen. No Rangers fan actually believed he could turn things around so quickly. Indeed, we are still in the process of rebuilding our squad. In the summer we had limited money with which to do that, instead relying on older players and bosman signings. But with the sale of Alan Hutton for €12m and our extended run in Europe, I'd expect we will be able to spend a bit this summer. So perhaps we'll see a different, more entertaining Rangers next season.

yeah i never understood how the british press gets away with lies after lies after lies

What I copied and pasted came from the uefa.com website.

lol. must have been a british reporter warking for the uefa site, then :LOL::-pp

jokes apart, i can tell u that uefa site quotation doesn't reflect at all prandelli's words, after the match. i did follow the post match interview, and prandelli gave huge credit to rangers for their result.
an italian journalist started spitting shit on rangers saying that rangers gamplay was awful, that they didn't deserve to win, that fiorentina had tons of scoring chances and dominated the match, and other bullshits like theese.

so prandelli stopped him by saying "we agree that fiorentina proved to be a fantastic football team in the last 3 seasons, don't we? then, considering rangers were able to beat us, don't they deserve credit and respect for it?
we came here tonite to score and to break that wall. they came here to resist to our pressure and hang on until the penalties.
well we failed in our purpose, while they achieved exactly what they wanted to. so in the end it doesn't matter how they got it. the only thing that matters is that they won and we lost."

so u'll understand my feeling when i saw prandelli's words manipulated once again :))

it happened also before the match, during the week.
prandelli said he was worried about the (bad) conditions of ibrox pitch. so a scottish (or english, i don't remember) newspaper reported that prandelli said it was an insult for fiorentina playing on such an horrible pitch.
prandelli read it and he said that was not what he said. he said that he just meant to say that he was worried about the injury-risk, after watching the pitch.
and then the same newspapers reported that prandelli considered ibrox a "barbarians pitch" :DOH:

As for our gameplay, we are playing to the best of our capabilities... in fact, we're probably playing above and beyond that. If that means defending for 210 minutes and winning ugly, then so be it. If it's the best we can do then why shouldn't we do it?

i absolutely agree with u. i mean, football is not a "beauty contest". it's all about winning or loosing. u guys beated some very, very good teams this season in uefa cup, and u deserve all the credit for it :))
your football might not be good looking, but that football allowed u to beat such a good team as fiorentina, so it would be stupid, childish and unappropriate to label it as "anti-football" (what a stupid word is this).
i just wanted to clarify that the catenaccio was quite a different thing.

so, as i said before. congrats for the victory and good luck for the final match. :TU: :))

Congratz.

Bayern got hammered :o , so you lot need to be at your best if you wanna beat Zennit.

EDIT: Ok after reading the stuff about british media and UEFA.

An article about a portuguese team is made by an portuguese reporter working for UEFA. An article by an british team is made by an british reporter working for uefa... and so on. Check out the names. Go see a report of portuguese team in english. It's just a translation...
So those reports are just a mirror for the press on those countries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom