PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Re: PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread [ASIM/BHATTI TALK = NOT PC RELATED]

Anyone else unable to connect to Steam? Really annoying, rest of my internet is fine (obviously as I'm posting) but Steam won't work. Good timing!
Steam is working for me.

Hi pes 2016 cant detect ps4 controller on pc for some reason? on other games such MGS5(konami game) it can detect it

Sounds like it's running right then, the game looks like shit compared to the current gen version.

Presumably you have it set to high in the settings? Ludicrous lack of video settings, you need to go into your ATI/Nvidia control panel and max out what you can then try one of the Reshade/SweetFX profiles to improve the lighting/sharpening/aa etc: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1108/

Thankfully I just copies the GeDosato folder into the PES2016 folder and added the game and it is much better! The pitch is still shit though. My god how did they leave it so bad?

Gedosato causes some small stuttering from time to time though, any way to stop that?

Will it somehow be possible to fix the pitch? The flat floor makes me puke each time I watch a replay or cutscene.

I respect your opinion but as far as I'm concerned PES2016 fails at trying to mimic real football. A game where nearly every shot is a goal, keepers are useless and best of all no fouls. No fouls?!?!

Come on, this game isn't some marvel akin to space flight or the land speed record. I'm not sure what I am supposed to be in awe of. It's a .
i guess some things in fifa mimic real life but definitely not gameplay.
the plus of fifa
1-life like stadiums(lazer scanned stadiums) distance btw goal post and first row is kind of exact.
2-graphics are good.
3-responsiveness gameplay.
4- good net physics, better than pes.
now the plus of PES:
1-supposedly good gameplay found somewhere in the game, game plays good in midfield but in other areas its leaves a lot to be desired.
2-wonderful goalkick imitation, this is what pes strong points always, fifa have never got to mimic goalkick.
3-stadium imitation isn't PES strong points anymore, distance btw goal post and first row in stadiums like nou camp and bernabeu isn;t as real life ones. fifa nailed that i guess.

Will it somehow be possible to fix the pitch? The flat floor makes me puke each time I watch a replay or cutscene.
at the moment there is only sweetfx which can fix pitch seen from far while playing, but not upclose i'm afraid.

To those complaining about the shooting..have you tried manual? I tried advanced and it was cross bar and over or cross bar and in every shot...but then tried manual and it made the game more difficult and more realistic.

And this leads me to the point that ever since they added the different passing and shooting assistance to the game, konami have struggled to create gameplay balance between all the settings. If they only simplified it with manual and slight assistance options, it would probably make their life easier.

Yes the game has its problems, but with some gameplay tweaking with refs and increasing the penalty for off balance/rushed shots in addition to getting the tactics for each team right (i like that now you can set up out of possession formations eg set it up to have those two stacks of four you see in real life when defending)...this could be the best footy game since the ps2 era.

at the moment there is only sweetfx which can fix pitch seen from far while playing, but not upclose i'm afraid.

yeah already using sweetfx and once again, it is mandatory! Would be nice if we could get 3d grass at all times (really weird how it keeps disappearing on some camera angles:CONFUSE:) gameplay feels better but some of the frustrating moments from last year's game are still there.

To those complaining about the shooting..have you tried manual? I tried advanced and it was cross bar and over or cross bar and in every shot...but then tried manual and it made the game more difficult and more realistic.

Same here, manual made the shooting great! But passes still don't feel entirely manual. Maybe it's just me

Good lord and holy crap, lol. So their animation-responsiveness fix was to remove step animations (who needs those anyway) and turn PES into a hockey game.

IMO, animations are terrible in general: there's a lot of skating, ball seems glued to player's foot, players feel/look loose... In this regard, it's a big step back in comparison with PES 2014 and 2015.

Have You tried running settings.exe for the game and testing the audio in the surround sound and stereo settings?

Thanks, but nothing worked. I just reinstalled the game and it worked.

The gameplay in the middle 50% of the field is excellent. The gameplay in the last quarters of the field becomes too easy. Why isn't there a semi shooting option? it's either manual or that advanced stuff that is counterintuitive or the basic assisted. Somewhere in between manual and basic would help this game tremendously.

The graphics and lack of stadiums will keep me from playing this much longer. Can't really get immersed in an ML campaign.

And this leads me to the point that ever since they added the different passing and shooting assistance to the game, konami have struggled to create gameplay balance between all the settings. If they only simplified it with manual and slight assistance options, it would probably make their life easier.

Yes the game has its problems, but with some gameplay tweaking with refs and increasing the penalty for off balance/rushed shots in addition to getting the tactics for each team right (i like that now you can set up out of possession formations eg set it up to have those two stacks of four you see in real life when defending)...this could be the best footy game since the ps2 era.
you cannot have the best footy game with these goalkeepers, and with a ref like that, so lenient. first thing they need to fix these, plus how do you set up the defense. i'm having streets of gaps in the defense.i'm playing as barcelona

Thanks, but nothing worked. I just reinstalled the game and it worked.

The gameplay in the middle 50% of the field is excellent. The gameplay in the last quarters of the field becomes too easy. Why isn't there a semi shooting option? it's either manual or that advanced stuff that is counterintuitive or the basic assisted. Somewhere in between manual and basic would help this game tremendously.

The graphics and lack of stadiums will keep me from playing this much longer. Can't really get immersed in an ML campaign.
+1 to you

I am playing ML with PSG and getting more and more angry. Why the hell, they can not add a little bit more pressing for CPU AI?! Almost each attack ends with a superb shot! I can run the whole field with Sirigu not being attacked by CPU and make a great shot. And this in superstar level! Why do they not reduce shot accuracy and improve GK reactions??Do we demand something unbelievable? In the PES 2012 it was very hard to play against CPU, so why not to build on this?!Is it so much...
Do you really want PES 2012 AI again? Really? Be careful what you wish for.

I agree Konami has to improve a bit how goalkeepers work, because with low quality teams they're too bad.

I agree Konami has to improve a bit how goalkeepers work, because with low quality teams they're too bad.

AI in PES 2012 was really hardcore, that was hard as hell to win Champions League...

PES 3, 4, 5, 6 Gameplay + Graphics of PES 2016 = The dream soccer.

IMO, animations are terrible in general: there's a lot of skating, ball seems glued to player's foot, players feel/look loose... In this regard, it's a big step back in comparison with PES 2014 and 2015.

+1

pes2015 + manual control = real football

if someone have told me that i would eventually miss pes 2014, i would never belive him... but now i miss it (i don't want to go even further mentioning pes 5,pes 6 or pes 2013).

you cannot have the best footy game with these goalkeepers, and with a ref like that, so lenient. first thing they need to fix these, plus how do you set up the defense. i'm having streets of gaps in the defense.i'm playing as barcelona

Well Barcelona is not really set up for defence...dont be afraid to try other teams ;)

Usually I switch to the adaptive formations thing to on and then scroll to 'when out of possession', exit, go to formations and then move my midfields/wingers back...you can even change their position ie have 4 CM in front of your defence. Increasing compactness and adjusting the defence in numbers settings can also help.

I really love that they finally changed the formations so that now it automatically reverts to a more defensive set up when you lose the ball and allow you to edit it yourself in detail.

Once we can figure the best/most realistic settings for each team, Im sure the game will play better.

Yeah I tried the pitch patch and sweetfx, it looks ok at first but I prefer default pitch and no sweetfx in the end, subjective thing I guess.

Just same as the PS4 and XB ONE. Grass will only appear when you manually replay.

Really? It's the same on the 9 out of 10 super best football game of all time versions? Oh boy! :LOL:

To everyone wanting better pitches use this. Also works with Damidevs sweet fx

http://www.pes-patch.com/2015/09/pes-2016-pitch-ultra-hd-by-estarlen-silva.html

Thanks! Will try it out :)

Last edited:

Hi pes 2016 cant detect ps4 controller on pc for some reason? on other games such MGS5(konami game) it can detect it

I use inputmapper.com, no issue so far, everything is responsive and my pc does not even have a good nvidia card. I play in windowed screen on low settings, the game feels good.

Really? It's the same on the 9 out of 10 super best football game of all time versions? Oh boy! :LOL:
Yup, honestly the game doesn't look much better on PS4, beside the obvious lack of shadow (on certain stadium), crowd, LED advertising board, and different lighting.

The level of detail, distance and texture bias still remains identical.

Been playing ML a lot.

It was cool to see the dynamic weather on PC when it started to rain during the match.
At the same time it was quite underwhelming though, as there are no watermarks and splashes on the pitch like it is in the PS4 version.
Just the raindrops...

It´s not important, I know....but.....well....

Yup, honestly the game doesn't look much better on PS4, beside the obvious lack of shadow (on certain stadium), crowd, LED advertising board, and different lighting.

The level of detail, distance and texture bias still remains identical.

Been playing ML a lot.

It was cool to see the dynamic weather on PC when it started to rain during the match.
At the same time it was quite underwhelming though, as there are no watermarks and splashes on the pitch like it is in the PS4 version.
Just the raindrops...

It´s not important, I know....but.....well....
For me it was exactly the opposite. Rain from the first minute then it gradually faded away after the 50th minute towards the end of the match. But I agree, it doesn't feel complete without the splashes and droplets.
Still waiting for modders to see what they can come up with to fix the visuals as much as possible (already a lot of tools, mini-patches etc which is great) and especially to fix licenses and squads. After that, I can fully enjoy ML, BAL and others :)

Can anyone confirm if the keepers are still the same as the demo and last year? As in the game moves in slo motion when they are involved and also that they don't save anything low, diving after the ball and with arms not outstretched?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom