PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Re: PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread [ASIM/BHATTI TALK = NOT PC RELATED]

Thanks for the response, I understand, and I have been a supporter of Konami for years. But just how "awestruck and amazed" are we supposed to be when it comes to a game that in many ways looks, feels and plays like it was coded in 2000? Plus they jacked up the price 30 bucks this year for all this wondrous awesomeness.

I gave Konami the benefit of the doubt with last year's half great, half-broken effort. This year they've "fixed" the game's ongoing lack of responsiveness by coding in skating players and hovercraft-like ball physics. And at least two of the coding issues from last year - same CPU goals over and over, no CPU shots travelling above 3 feet in the air - appear to be broken again this year.

There's happy appreciation, and there's also intelligent discernment.
Angus heel-turn...:SHOCK::D

Guys, I still can't access PES 16 steam download page.

They just blocked the countries where the lag mostly occurs! Nice way to stop lags, nice.

guys, someone help please. My game arrived this morning. The graphics look like a pixilated FIFA 98 and there is a general screen lag as well as small button lag. My machine is well within the specs range and PES 2015 looks lights years ahead. Working all weekend too so haven't had time to put any sweet fx or anything else in yet. Can someone help me out with some tweaks and links please. This is a major disappointment for my £40 pre-order and postage late arrival. Gutted.

The graphics look like a pixilated FIFA 98

Sounds like it's running right then, the game looks like shit compared to the current gen version.

Presumably you have it set to high in the settings? Ludicrous lack of video settings, you need to go into your ATI/Nvidia control panel and max out what you can then try one of the Reshade/SweetFX profiles to improve the lighting/sharpening/aa etc: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1108/

guys, someone help please. My game arrived this morning. The graphics look like a pixilated FIFA 98 and there is a general screen lag as well as small button lag. My machine is well within the specs range and PES 2015 looks lights years ahead. Working all weekend too so haven't had time to put any sweet fx or anything else in yet. Can someone help me out with some tweaks and links please. This is a major disappointment for my £40 pre-order and postage late arrival. Gutted.

Is it set to high in the settings? Use this tool to force high quality and change resolution.

If it's lagging, try medium quality and windowed mode with borderless tool to still make it fullscreen.

Something like this?

No its when a player passes a player in close proximity they kind of oddly leg stretch and slip forwards, hard to explain and hard to capture as it must be one of god knows how many physics moments that cause it.

Have to ask again is Europa League scoreboard bugged? Its defaulting to konami scoreboard .. did they not get the licence for presentation this year?

I like the game, but I have some issues.

How the hell do I sort out my defence? I conceded 8 goals in 3 matches at the start of my ML.
And none of them were my fault, the CPU in defence left huge open spaces for through balls where I didn't have any control to do anything, also the cpu makes a goal in like every shot it takes, the accuracy of shots in general is way too high.. 95% of shots going on goal is a goal.
Also why are CPU players faster with and without the ball than my players? and the team I was against has low rated players?

Guys it's at high settings 1380x730 or whatever. Direct input for the Xbox controller for PC. Only tried windowed mode so far. I have pes2015 looking top quality with PTE patch and GeDosanto, even decent without GeDosanto. How do I apply sweet fx again? Do I need to download a sweet fx program as well or what? I haven't used it in a year sorry..freaking here. I paid £8 to get it delivered fast and only arrived this morning. I feel so messed up.

Oops didn't see that mate cheers.

Well I started the mode and thought "ooh an updated theme, this is nice" and then "shit, crappy scoreboard" ... wont use that mode much then.

Lets hope they get the graphics sent over to them and its updated in a patch later, cant see why not.

I modded the scoreboard from last year but it gets ignored, if anyone can find a way to point it to the scoreboard file then at least we could have the old one back.

the CPU in defence left huge open spaces for through balls where I didn't have any control to do anything
This was my biggest issue with PES 2015, and I don't see any improvement this year. Has to do with the lack of functionality of the defensive tactics settings. You simply cannot create a defensive setting that pulls the majority of your defenders back far enough and in tight enough to your 18 yard box. It seems to be an intentional game design decision on Konami's part, I assume in order to create a more open, "exciting" game.

FIFA tactics and sliders allow you the capability of pulling 8-9 and even all 10 players back and in tight into the 18 yard box to help defend when you're protecting a lead. That's what's missing with PES and it's a game-breaker for me.

Nothing change completly playing the PC Demo, still the same. But the graphics are more clean.

Anyone have trouble with audio? I just got a new pc (thanks to the guys in the pc building thread btw) and no sound. When I go to the sound menu place in the bottom right, there isn't even a PES option! Any help? I updated directx and nada.

No problems with FIFA 15 either.

Any help?

Have You tried running settings.exe for the game and testing the audio in the surround sound and stereo settings?

But goalkeepers are also bad offline, not so much as online, but still very very bad...And shots should be also improved...

i am playing as barcelona vs real madrid on top player 0 assist, i cannot believe how benzema scored against my **** goalkeeper bravo in this game, i cannot believe, from the goal line right hand side, closest of angle, in between the knees of the keeper, inexplicable the goalkeepers in this game, and it is breaking the game for me totally, inexcplicable how keeper are unreactive unresponsive in this game.

Can anyone who played the game on ps4 say if the keepers on the ps4 version are the same as the PC one ?

Can anyone who played the game on ps4 say if the keepers on the ps4 version are the same as the PC one ?

As far as i read from a lot of international forums (Russia, Ukraine, Germany) , yes its the same. GK are so unresponsive...

Read Your own post #2532 , what are You trying to do here ?

Read Your own post #2532 , what are You trying to do here ?

You know I'm asking if the GKs are reacting slow too , not about the gameplay because i cannot say from a PS4 video if the GK is reaction that slow just like in the pc.

I feel for those who experience this as a 'meh'-game, but it also makes me a bit sad: what DO we have come to expect of games if we can't find joy in a game like this that really tries to mimic real football? Reminds me of that sketch by Louis CK, about a man during a flight who was cursing and complaining because the wifi just went down. What a sadness that we just cannot be amazed anymore, not even by the fact that we're 10000 km up in the sky, in a chair, at 800 km per hour. The world is a much more wonderous place than we so often percieve it.
Sorry for this rant. I hope everyone will find the joy in PES 2016 which I think is certainly there.
I respect your opinion but as far as I'm concerned PES2016 fails at trying to mimic real football. A game where nearly every shot is a goal, keepers are useless and best of all no fouls. No fouls?!?!

Come on, this game isn't some marvel akin to space flight or the land speed record. I'm not sure what I am supposed to be in awe of. It's a dated piece of software in dire need of an overhaul. At this point I consider FIFA a better attempt at trying to mimic real football, even if it is lacking in some areas.

What Konami have been doing towards the PC community is nothing remotely related to them defending their IP, ludicrous assertion.
It's retaliation against a community they view as taking liberties with their product, so I agree, it's not defending their IP, more like sticking two fingers up to PC users.

I guess some of you read the stories of how Konami treats its employees who step out of line? It speaks volumes.

Last edited:

I am playing ML with PSG and getting more and more angry. Why the hell, they can not add a little bit more pressing for CPU AI?! Almost each attack ends with a superb shot! I can run the whole field with Sirigu not being attacked by CPU and make a great shot. And this in superstar level! Why do they not reduce shot accuracy and improve GK reactions??Do we demand something unbelievable? In the PES 2012 it was very hard to play against CPU, so why not to build on this?!Is it so much...

Anyone else unable to connect to Steam? Really annoying, rest of my internet is fine (obviously as I'm posting) but Steam won't work. Good timing!

Back
Top Bottom