PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Although i am a big Rossoneri (and therefore should be happy) i can't quite see what these partnership will do for us customers? We have a licensed Milan - We have a licensed San Siro? So.. this is pretty much legends or am i missing something?

Milan have a lot of legends, so of course it's a good thing. But again.. We're already having 80% of what a partnership includes?

Although i am a big Rossoneri (and therefore should be happy) i can't quite see what these partnership will do for us customers? We have a licensed Milan - We have a licensed San Siro? So.. this is pretty much legends or am i missing something?

Milan have a lot of legends, so of course it's a good thing. But again.. We're already having 80% of what a partnership includes?

Yep, but the partnerships is also something very important for Konami when it comes to the club and players promoting the game. Having Donnarumma or whoever tweeting that they are playing PES etc. It's a way for Konami to get new costumers through the partner- clubs as well.

just played a bit of 1vs1 offline, which i thought would at least be a saving grace compared to the ML i started round my mates alas it was really disappointing. it really does feel like 100mph stuff with no midfield. can power or skill your way past defenders easily and even if that fails stick a L1+Triangle over the top and you'll be fine.

Definitely think this isn't for me and I won't be making that purchase unless something gets sorted with the AI

just played a bit of 1vs1 offline, which i thought would at least be a saving grace compared to the ML i started round my mates alas it was really disappointing. it really does feel like 100mph stuff with no midfield. can power or skill your way past defenders easily and even if that fails stick a L1+Triangle over the top and you'll be fine.

Definitely think this isn't for me and I won't be making that purchase unless something gets sorted with the AI
Defending is definitely not as easy as attacking, you really need to put an effort into learning how to control your defense and how to react to expected through balls, runs, etc. Cutting passing lanes, preventively, doesn't really work well, unless you are ready to keep on cutting it deep with the running attacker.
Nothing is automatic in PES and with how free the game and how assisted the passing is, it's kind of a struggle at first. I have like 60+ hours on the game so far, but the defending clicked around the 30-40ish mark.

My biggest gripe with the game is how assisted the passing is on PA1, its absolutely horrible. It's been the same for like 3-4 years now... they really must sort the assistance. PA1 should only be correcting your directional input by a small margin, not almost fully.
I still can't figure out on which difficulty I am having more fun, Top Player against good teams is okish, but it is quite easy to create chances. On Superstar, or even worse on Legend, the A.I. keeps on exploiting the attacking forwards, behind the defense and into space runs to the fullest. It is really hard to keep on pressuring the A.I. into making mistakes or not to look for this "space" 100% of the time.
I will probably be stuck in the Top Player - Superstar purgatory for quite a while. With how the A.I. works on higher difficulties, Legend is just a waste.

The most boring stadium I've ever been at.
thanx for that pal:)
Looks great, shit atmosphere though. It's only good when they're shouting "Wenger Out" and then start to argue amongst themselves then start to get on the players backs. Mate of mine is a season ticket holder there so I've managed to tag along to a few games and they're always fun to watch as a neutral.

I think in general atmospheres at grounds has really fallen away in the last 7 or so years, used to be intimidating playing at certain stadiums but I went to Chelsea away at West Ham last season and it was so flat.

so last night the servers were down for maintanance so I thought, let me play some CL offline. After a few minutes it was evident, I was in shock, now I see why so many of you are raving about this game, it's fantastic, really is! Offline that is.... Online it's a whole different ball game, input lag, bad player reaction and slow slow slow movement really kills the experience. Feels like the players are running in mud. I sure hope Konami will address this online issue, obviously it's something they can adjust since offline plays so well.

Looks great, shit atmosphere though. It's only good when they're shouting "Wenger Out" and then start to argue amongst themselves then start to get on the players backs. Mate of mine is a season ticket holder there so I've managed to tag along to a few games and they're always fun to watch as a neutral.

I think in general atmospheres at grounds has really fallen away in the last 7 or so years, used to be intimidating playing at certain stadiums but I went to Chelsea away at West Ham last season and it was so flat.
The change of "customers" is a big reason,and the fact that clubs still treat their fans as customers that can easily be substituted for a thicker wallet is a big issue as well.
Thank God that hasn't reached all leagues yet
And Chelsea Vs WH should be very intimidating
This is the team I support,and it's thankfully miles from a stiff PL stadium
I doubt that Konami could recreate that,but it would be a nice feature in Pes 18

Yep, but the partnerships is also something very important for Konami when it comes to the club and players promoting the game. Having Donnarumma or whoever tweeting that they are playing PES etc. It's a way for Konami to get new costumers through the partner- clubs as well.

It's smart. Indeed. Especially when they are actually capturing stadiums FIFA can't get.

And yes. You're definetely right about the branding thing. Maybe it was a bit flat video today when promoting Milan. I think they should do more if they want to win customers by it.

The change of "customers" is a big reason,and the fact that clubs still treat their fans as customers that can easily be substituted for a thicker wallet is a big issue as well.
I doubt that Konami could recreate that,but it would be a nice feature in Pes 18
It was great at Upton park, my first ever Chelsea game back in like the mid / late 90's was against West Ham and I remember just having my fingers in my ears the entire game, noise was so loud. Agree with you on fans being customers now, it's weird seeing so many tourists at games now. Fair enough though, I understand the monetary game is huge from it.

Ahh that's mad! Looks exciting to be fair. When I was in Sweden we only went to Stockholm and watched ice hockey, it was not that kind of atmosphere...

Wow that´s a support!

I suspect PES 2018 doesn´t have a Swedish league does it? This made me want to start my ML there...

It was great at Upton park, my first ever Chelsea game back in like the mid / late 90's was against West Ham and I remember just having my fingers in my ears the entire game, noise was so loud. Agree with you on fans being customers now, it's weird seeing so many tourists at games now. Fair enough though, I understand the monetary game is huge from it.

Ahh that's mad! Looks exciting to be fair. When I was in Sweden we only went to Stockholm and watched ice hockey, it was not that kind of atmosphere...
Ha ha,hockey isn't the place to be:)
If you'll ever here again,and a game is on (not aik or djurgarden bastards) go see one,it's deffo worth it.
Ive been to Upton Park,both in the 90's and early 2000,and it was a special place,working class,a bit tough as it should be.
West Ham made the deal of a century when securing the Olympic stadium,but lost a lot of soul as well
But then again,so has the entire PL,still great away support by most teams.
And the tourist thing,and the selfie game...
Wish they'd had WiFi scramblers in the ground.
Maybe we're old and grumpy mate:)

Nope,I've edited one back with Pes 6,great fun
But you guys have tremendous fan culture in Portugal.
Porto/sporting Benfica
Mama mia

Yes indeed we have... too much for my taste actually. I even lost a friendship beacause of soccer rivalry, imagine that. Hate it when people take it too far. I guess playing a ML with Benfica would be interesting, cause they have sold almost all the good players, at least the best defenders... Now they´re struggling... You must have seen their terrible loss yesterday, 5-0 against Basel.

But when I have the game, I´m pretty sure I´ll start in a lesser club, and probably away, maybe Dutch. I had good fun playing with Twente last year.

I still think fouls / foul counts are based on how people play. If you are going to ping the ball around a lot, then the AI wont ever get near you to commit a foul. 12 free kicks for me in 3 World Cup games suggests that there isnt that much of a problem. Thats me (Italy) vs Iran, Argentina and Sweden.

Yes indeed we have... too much for my taste actually. I even lost a friendship beacause of soccer rivalry, imagine that. Hate it when people take it too far. I guess playing a ML with Benfica would be interesting, cause they have sold almost all the good players, at least the best defenders... Now they´re struggling... You must have seen their terrible loss yesterday, 5-0 against Basel.

But when I have the game, I´m pretty sure I´ll start in a lesser club, and probably away, maybe Dutch. I had good fun playing with Twente last year.
That's why I chose Torino this year,might restart it when @kilay Serie B tactics are out,no pressure mate:)
And go for even a smaller team,Hellas Verona maybe

I always like to start from a 2nd division, last year it was Hellas Verona, the year before that it was Gazelec Ajaccio, the one before that it was Cardiff.. this year it has to be from the spanish 2nd league
Valladolid maybe?

Just been on a bit of a myclub binge and i have to say the game is very good on there. Very slow and deliberate if you want it to be. You can set yourself up to defend and counter against better teams. Theres a huge difference in players on the ball.

Only things to work on are reaction times and passing accuracy otherwise it is great to play when you have a good connection. Probably the best football game for a long time.

Finally played the demo on XB1.
It was Ok - nothing great but is it me or does it look dated?
The menus and fonts are horrible.
Not bad on the pitch though bar some horrendous keeper animations still in there from ISS on the SNES.

Matt, sorry if i seem to be picking on you, that is not the intention. I'm well aware of the fact that you are a blessing for this community.

However (there is Always an however, isn't it?) i do not agree with the above post and certainly not with the last statement.

PES is trying to emulate football.
Is football about logical decision making? For 90% it is.

But if football would only be about logical decision making there would not have been a Cruijf, a Pele, a Maradonna, a Van Basten, a Matt Letissier. Genius is not about logical decision making. Error neither.

This decision started because i mentioned Dortmund's defending against Real Madrid. Be honest, let's suppose that somebody at Konami would be able to emulate that match perfectly and post that clip on the internet. What would your reaction be?

I definitely get that. 90% of the time it should be. PES doesn't do that. PES does it 70% of the time, and takes the rare moments such as bad defending, bad logic, great goals, great saves, etc....and makes that the norm. That's the problem. They need to reverse the percentages, so those moments stand out, so those players stand out.

my thoughts on the game:

- AI doesn't foul you enough.

- AI always plays through balls over the top or through balls down the wing on higher difficulty. every team plays the same !

- you never get any penalties at all which isn't realistic considering how common they are in footy matches.(same thing in pes 17 !!)

- not much change in offline modes apart from 3v3. they just changed the lay out on master league but kept the joke of a transfer system. i signed sane for 17m and got candreva on loan for 6 months in my first season with monaco. :BLINK::BLINK:

- player switching is frustrating and sometimes your defenders don't respond properly on the pitch.

- the midfield is non existent.

- game is so one dimensional. corners are shit, AI doesn't foul you enough like i said above so you can't get score many free kicks or pens, long range shots always go just wide off the post or keeper saves them, headed goals were OP in pes 17 but now you can't score them at all.

- stats don't mean fuck all. i had a game online where i went atletico madrid and played against newcastle united. i won 3-1 but had 21 shots and 16 on target. their goalkeeper was like superman saving everything i threw at him. games like that can happen in football but they seem to happen a lot in PES !

winning the ball perfectly but refs calls a foul:
https://twitter.com/matthewp256/status/913155423200595971

weird goalkeeping. a 5 year old would pick that ball up !
https://twitter.com/matthewp256/status/913152930835988480

my club scripted bull shit like i mentioned above. all my shots going wide pile of wank !!! :MAD::MAD:
https://twitter.com/matthewp256/status/913424353869598721

my thoughts on the game:

- AI doesn't foul you enough.

- AI always plays through balls over the top or through balls down the wing on higher difficulty. every team plays the same !

- you never get any penalties at all which isn't realistic considering how common they are in footy matches.(same thing in pes 17 !!)

- not much change in offline modes apart from 3v3. they just changed the lay out on master league but kept the joke of a transfer system. i signed sane for 17m and got candreva on loan for 6 months in my first season with monaco. :BLINK::BLINK:

- player switching is frustrating and sometimes your defenders don't respond properly on the pitch.

- the midfield is non existent.

- game is so one dimensional. corners are shit, AI doesn't foul you enough like i said above so you can't get score many free kicks or pens, long range shots always go just wide off the post or keeper saves them, headed goals were OP in pes 17 but now you can't score them at all.

- stats don't mean fuck all. i had a game online where i went atletico madrid and played against newcastle united. i won 3-1 but had 21 shots and 16 on target. their goalkeeper was like superman saving everything i threw at him. games like that can happen in football but they seem to happen a lot in PES !

winning the ball perfectly but refs calls a foul:
https://twitter.com/matthewp256/status/913155423200595971

weird goalkeeping. a 5 year old would pick that ball up !
https://twitter.com/matthewp256/status/913152930835988480

my club scripted bull shit like i mentioned above. all my shots going wide pile of wank !!! :MAD::MAD:
https://twitter.com/matthewp256/status/913424353869598721
I like that you get angrier and angrier,did you play while typing?
Nice first post mate.

I like that you get angrier and angrier,did you play while typing?
Nice first post mate.
Hahaha.

I would love to get Emirates though. After seeing what they've done with Anfield and Signal Iduna Park, it would be just awesome to get Emirates with its Exterior view, tunnels and everything else.

Hahaha.

I would love to get Emirates though. After seeing what they've done with Anfield and Signal Iduna Park, it would be just awesome to get Emirates with its Exterior view, tunnels and everything else.
:)
Yeah I'm all for it as well mate.
Would love a smaller one to.
Imagine Craven Cottage...mama mia

What bothers me is how they missed it,I think 17 had a good foul count,except no pens of course.

The only reasonable explanation is that they didn't miss it. It is not possible for this to be anything other than deliberate. We got the game they chose to make. They just don't make PES for single-players anymore.

I don't think PES2017 did have a good fouls count. Neither did 16, nor 15. Year on year since PES2014, the fouls in PES have only been heading one way, to where they are now.

This fouls patch is going to be VERY interesting. First of all, whether it actually ever appears will tell us a great deal.

If the fouls patch never appears, but instead we're hand-waved through to PES2019, that will tell us a great deal too (it will tell us that PES isn't a game made for us anymore).

If it does appear, what it does and how it does it (i.e., a toggle or slider setting, or baked into the code for all?) will also tell us something.

Essentially, the fouls patch and whether it appears, and what it does if/when it appears, will tell us exactly what the future holds for the series. More of the lukewarm diarrhoea that is online multiplayer button-squeezing, or back to the feel of the classic single-player experience.

The only reasonable explanation is that they didn't miss it. It is not possible for this to be anything other than deliberate. We got the game they chose to make. They just don't make PES for single-players anymore.

I don't think PES2017 did have a good fouls count. Neither did 16, nor 15. Year on year since PES2014, the fouls in PES have only been heading one way, to where they are now.

This fouls patch is going to be VERY interesting. First of all, whether it actually ever appears will tell us a great deal.

If the fouls patch never appears, but instead we're hand-waved through to PES2019, that will tell us a great deal too (it will tell us that PES isn't a game made for us anymore).

If it does appear, what it does and how it does it (i.e., a toggle or slider setting, or baked into the code for all?) will also tell us something else.
I see your latter points,would be interesting to see how they actually make it,or if they do at all.
Don't agree on the 17 fouls count,I played manual,often -1 game speed and I got plenty of fouls,not compared to reality,but sure as hell compared to let's say FIFA 16.
Then on the other hand,you could easily draw fouls when not using sprint button,or use it on/off and draw the defenders in.

And yes,the era for us offline players have changed,both Pes and FIFA I think.
It's all about clicks or some Youtuber calling the shots...
Sadly!

Back
Top Bottom