PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Its too easy. Got my first win on superstar w that.
I tried Inmortal too and didn't feel any difference, but with Paraham.8 V2 only the improvement is very noticeable. I had a look yesterday on his edit of the dt18 file and he tweaked several AI files such as the crossing.json, through ball.json and you can feel it in the game. The cpu spam less those and is less perfect in the execution. He also tweaked the difficulty.json and I realized that leveled all difficulty to the same setting so that beginner and superstar (and everything in between) have the same setting/handicap for the cpu/user. So basically there is only one difficulty with its V2. The good thing is we can edit this file to create a difficulty that suite every one liking more with for example more emphasis on user and cpu defense solidity. With the default file the user defense is handicapped for every difficulty from Pro and above.

It was a CL game against Madrid. Won it 2-0 without problem.

As for the json files wasnt the case that they arent moddable? Or at least have no effect whatsoever?

It was a CL game against Madrid. Won it 2-0 without problem.

As for the json files wasnt the case that they arent moddable? Or at least have no effect whatsoever?

Nesa said that a few times. But I swear I can feel changes with Parham's gameplay patches. Last year's too.

Mates, for sure dt18 changes gampelay! I worked on it 2 years ago. Some values of dt18 modifies values in the exe so that if you restore original dt18 your PES2018.exe mantains the modified values of the modded dt18. So, if you restore original dt18 you HAVE to restore the original PES2018.exe from Steam to have a fresh exe. Unfortunately not all the constants present in dt18 are present in the exe so changes in dt18 have no effect on the exe. If you want a proof do that: download a fresh PES2018.exe from steam and change original dt18 with a modded one than plays some match. Then download a new fresh PES2018.exe from steam and change modded dt18 with the original one and plays some matches. I'm sure you will notice the dlfference. One valuable json is for example press.json:(try to modify the 2 values from 1.5 to 1) or the ball.json (try to modify the values in it) and so on.

So according to what papinho said, played some matches with Parham dt18, my defensive players is more resposive to the cpu's terrible through passes and cpu headers are less mortal in front of my keeper. I can intercept more passe due to a better defensive and midfield line. Maybe placebo, maybe not but if you notice easier gameplay something has changed,don't' you?

That site looks dodgy as hell and I can't find a legit looking link anywhere with google, guess I'll give that a miss!

Some values of dt18 modifies values in the exe so that if you restore original dt18 your PES2018.exe mantains the modified values of the modded dt18. So, if you restore original dt18 you HAVE to restore the original PES2018.exe from Steam to have a fresh exe.
That's not true, the .exe can't be changed by data files...

Its too easy. Got my first win on superstar w that.

Btw talking with Papinho81 the idea that the difficulties is the same at every level was wrong.. . and IMO is not more easy on professional, but only less scripted on Top Player/Superstar, anyway yesterday i lost one match 3-0 on professional, never happened before... i don't know, but is different, i guess that is more balanced, and see more wrong passages by the CPU is reassuring for me.

Btw talking with Papinho81 the idea that the difficulties is the same at every level was wrong.. . and IMO is not more easy on professional, but only less scripted on Top Player/Superstar, anyway yesterday i lost one match 3-0 on professional, never happened before... i don't know, but is different, i guess that is more balanced, and see more wrong passages by the CPU is reassuring for me.

Some precisions about the difficulty thing. I opened the default CPULevel.json file and the Paraham one to compare them. This file has a table structure with attributes as row (some seems clear others more vague/to be determined) and six columns with columns names look like II, IIIII, IIIIII, ect... Six is exactly the number of difficulty we have in the game (+ the hidden one) and when you look at the default file you can see a gradation in the values those attributes take in between II and IIIIII+. In Paraham file all the columns are filled with identical values (II=IIII and +), this why I thought that with Paraham patch there is only one difficulty. BUT, yesterday I simply tried to play on beginner and it was very easy so obviously the difficulty is not all about that json file and instead may be interact with the exe

I’ve got a question about myclub managers. I have a manger I’ve used for quite some time now, with 99 team spirit.

Recently got another one and I’m thinking about using it from time to time. Neither of the managers are going to be used as an assistant. The question I’ve got is whether using the new manager and the gradual increase of the team spirit with the new one, causes my team spirit with the old one to be decreased?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I'm a bit unsure about how things work with the legends in MyClub. Now that the Beckham ball thing has ended, is he obtainable? Do he and other legends have a chance to pop out of any of the balls? I'd like to know how it works before the LFC legends appear (hopefully in my lifetime). If I don't get Fowler and/or Gerrard I'm going to cry forever.

I have a question about pre-match intros - the one where they show the line ups for both teams. I can only see this in an Exhibition Match, but when I play a game in ML I don't see it. Is this by design or did I accidentally changed some settings/files?

I have a question about pre-match intros - the one where they show the line ups for both teams. I can only see this in an Exhibition Match, but when I play a game in ML I don't see it. Is this by design or did I accidentally changed some settings/files?
i think it shows only for some more important games, not every single one. if am wrong please correct me guys :).

Am I the only one who finds the defensive AI horrible even after the 1.3 update?
Defenders for both human and AI have very little situational awareness. They keep following their man when he makes vertical runs and break the offside trap. It's completely unrealistic and makes the game a total joke. Defensive AI was near perfect in PES 17. They totally broke it this year! God I can't stand Konami.

any idea why sometimes i got these terrible shadows ?? SweetFX Problem ?

View attachment 2362
No it's not sweet fx problem.

And it's not shadows either. It's their lame ass SSAO aka ambient occlusion.

I had the same issue when I first launched the game at 1440x900p. Increasing resolution to 2880x1800 reduced the dot AO a lot even though its still there.

They should have never allowed AO projection from players to surrounding environments either. So unrealistic to see black glow around players.

Edit: oh and the staircased shadows on his legs.. Yeah, its because self shadows are very low resolution in this game.Unless someone manages to increase shadow quality, nope its gonna be there forever.

@Sami 1999 thx for the info

any idea how to downsample ? last years i always use resolution tool and works fine, now i have problems

monitor 1080P - Geforce 980ti and want the 2560x1440p resolution

thx

You just enable DSR and set Desktop resolution to Max DSR resolution so that settings.exe can show DSR resolutions.

Once set in settings, just revert back Desktop resolution to native res. Game will run at selected DSR resolution now.

Sorry about off topic, Just
@Sami 1999 thx for the info

any idea how to downsample ? last years i always use resolution tool and works fine, now i have problems

monitor 1080P - Geforce 980ti and want the 2560x1440p resolution

thx
bougth a 28” 4K monitor, with my gtx960 suttering in 4k but really smooth in 2k, and looks incredible. What a change!
Maybe have TÓ buy a 1070 tó play un 4K;)

Sorry about off topic, Just

bougth a 28” 4K monitor, with my gtx960 suttering in 4k but really smooth in 2k, and looks incredible. What a change!
Maybe have TÓ buy a 1070 tó play un 4K;)

GTX 1060 6GB will be able to run PES 18 at 4k with cutscenes at 30 FPS.

and what exactly is 2k?

Back
Top Bottom