PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Visually it looks amazing. But the animations looks poor, still. Hopefully the game will be good enough so I can get over it.

I hate to be a hater or anything, i'm happy for Camp Nou back, some ML improvements and some nice camera angles and goal celebrations and generally everything in the trailer too.
I would love to mess around with that taking shirt off celebration and getting yellow then red cards though lol.

But if they indeed lost the whole la liga, having 1 stadium return and a few other gimmicks isnt enough to compensate, they have to get some other full league licensed.

Plus i'm just not used to hearing good news from Konami, this good of a trailer and announcement, something bad's bound to happen. What did they lose now i wonder lol.

Last time they lost the La Liga, they had 14 teams licensed.

Wow that didn't look shit at all and my beloved team is fully licensed so I am happy. Like the weight of the ball some animations still look clunky but at this angle very few sports games dont.

Last edited:
How you know?
Source?

Net looks good at 0:58 only.
So maybe you´re for real.

there was a twitt about 4 different type of net
first I thought it's about net shape ... but after that in one of the previews they said it's an option for adjusting net tension but wasn't available on that demo which they tested (probably they heard this from staff there)
I hope both (tension & shape) would be adjustable :D
but I guess it will be only tension

Wow that didn't look shit at all and my beloved team is fly licensed so I am happy. Like the weight of the some animations still look clunky but at this angle very few sports games do.

I agree ( if I understood you right :D )

what I saw was good visual from bad angle camera !

I think at least animations will be better in gameplay cam

No La Liga sleeve patch on Barca and Atletico kits. Probably due to exclusive EA deal with LL. This would be hilarious if Barca & Atletico are only two licensed teams in unlicensed league.

Wow that didn't look shit at all and my beloved team is fly licensed so I am happy. Like the weight of the some animations still look clunky but at this angle very few sports games do.

I have this impression as well. From wide cam I think animations will look more pleasing to the eye.

There isnt much to criticize about graphics. They look superb, lighting had a nice upgrade, it has a more natural look, same for colors. Night game looms awesome, at least ate Camp Nou. I dont expect to look this good in other stadiums tbh, but sure night matchs will look better overall than on PES 2016:

Tbh, it was no PR bullshit when they said they are making the most photorealistic football game. Well, at least when it comes to player faces. That Mascherano pic looks INSANE!

As for the game in action, I cant say I am disappointed because I already expected animations and physical movement to not have any significant improvement, after all, its based on PES 2016, wich was bad on both aspects, and they want to keep the game "fluid" with instant control response, so we would never have animations quality of PES 2014 and the more natural movement (physics).

But I did notice some cool new animations, some nice new first touch animation like you see in Messis first goal. The Suarez shooting on last goal looks very fucking cool, its not only very realistic as it also gives the feelig he's making all the effort to score. On the other hand, unfortunetly, this is what is lacking for passing animations, players dont seem to make real effort when they put more strengh on the ball.

As for dribbling animations, they still look a bit akward, but I noticed they are bit more fluid wich gives a more natural look. For example, the Suarez sprint before he passed the ball to Neymar at 3:15 looks very smooth and more natural.

Overall I enjoyed it. It was a very well made trailer. I just hope passing isnt as easy as it looked. We will only know that when we play it.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Who cares about Belleti, RIVALDO as a legend would be awesome!

But... legends become useless for me if they are exclusive to MyClub Mode. Thats sucks!!!

i wouldnt pick apart the trailer that much. it looks good, nice licences, ball is slower. lets wait for the complete package. but what u can tell the guys are defo better at understanding what we want and what is football (licences, atmoshpere, sort of gamplay)....and they (Weedens?) can make decent trailers

i wouldnt pick apart the trailer that much. it looks good, nice licences, ball is slower. lets wait for the complete package. but what u can tell the guys are defo better at understanding what we want and what is football (licences, atmoshpere, sort of gamplay)....and they (Weedens?) can make decent trailers

I loved this trailer, as I said earlier today :) But the standings of licenses are still unclear to me.. :CONFUSE:

No La Liga sleeve patch on Barca and Atletico kits. Probably due to exclusive EA deal with LL. This would be hilarious if Barca & Atletico are only two licensed teams in unlicensed league.

Oo why ? This is not "new"situation !It has happened many times. I see nothing unseen . And FIFA has they fake Champions Championship xD

For me, the most impressive scene in the whole trailer is hardly visible.

Its that Rakitic shooting animation in slow motion! It looks 100% LIFELIKE

Pause at 2:55

image.png

There were some tweets regarding this. Said we'll get three different settings for net tension, I think in the "Edit Stadium" menus. Can't really find it now, maybe someone else can.
it's the net tension that is the problem, it s the net behavior or physics, in 2016 they fixed it a bit after release, but in the trailer here looks it has no physics, no swaying etc..
add to that camp nou looks good but not up to date at all:
look at this on what i mean by not updated look at the pitch side graphics and details:
30ijbch.jpg

see how the banners are far behind now and there is a green patch to the pitch behind the nets.. looks much better than in previous years but needs to be updated in pes.

They have updated their official PES website about editing

Source https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/game_mode/#_tgt-uniform-edit
Fin on Officialpes twitter account

More slots avaible for PS4 so, in 1024x1024 if i understanded well
That's all i wanted

This is really a wonderful news for me. As a PS4 user, I finally can have an option file where every single team has real kits. Last year I was so pissed off to have to choose which teams I should give real kits and which ones just make passable kits in the ingame editor.

PES2017-Camp-Nou-Stadium-07-Medium.jpg

Im not a snow freak and in Barcelone really rare its snowing but...frozen snowy sidelines? Or is that dirt? Doesnt appear on the other weather conditions.

Back
Top Bottom