PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

So, can we now assume PES 2015 to be total disaster? How can we have Community/Brand manager who doesn't know stuff about football? How can he be responsible for telling team that works on PES what to improve? He doesn't really convert. :(

Time will tell though, but cannot be optimistic, rather all the more skeptical. Damn it. Wished for some good news and not SSDD stuff :(.

I agreed with him, i'm very scared about this...
Ahhh... this remember me 2 crappy games...

logo.png

and

PES 2014 - Arab poor soccer style. :COAT:
That PC Price scares me, too!
To much cheap for a PC Game, can be a disaster!
PES 2014 PC 30 Euros Release and now PES 2015 PC 25 Euros?
Could be better pay this money to take off our virginity.

Last edited:

Adam Bhatti:
Adam Bhatti:
Quote:
Hey all, just wanted to say, I'm no longer PES Community Manager. I'm happy to say I'm now PES European Brand Manager

:PIG::COAT::TD:

I bet he's still a wanker though.

There is nothing to worry about.
Actually, I’m quite optimistic about PES 2015.
Everything is going to be all right and then some.

Why? That's a fairly common price for a PC title. I've bought many better games than PES for less than £20.

Okay, but see the prize more cheap = less work on a PC Version.
What happen to Wolfenstein?
Bad Port, 45GB for PC, and just look on the PS4 Graphics.
Difference of price will give some explanation.
I Believe PES 2015 will be better on PS4. Only because of the prize.

Well, console games will always be more pricey because of... Console being sold for cheap. They need to make money one way or another thus why inflated game prices are in. You can easily see that when games are released multi platform.

I am with James here, the game will be the same on XO/PS4 and PC. I doubt they will turn their backs to PC market as doing so, would be massive flop... (especially now, since FIFA will be using X360/PS3 engine on PC for time being).

I agree. With the ps4 and pc having beefed up graphics but the same gameplay.

No, I mean graphically the same too. I don't think there will be graphical differences aside from resolution and frame rate which obviously favours the PC and possibly the PS4.

Even though the XB1 is the weakest of the three, I would expect it to run a sports game at 1080p@60fps fairly easily.

No, I mean graphically the same too. I don't think there will be graphical differences aside from resolution and frame rate which obviously favours the PC and possibly the PS4.

Even though the XB1 is the weakest of the three, I would expect it to run a sports game at 1080p@60fps fairly easily.

You sure konami wont just do what ea did and what they did for pes6 and release the same game with rather minor differences in gameplay and better cloth technology possibilities on the ps4 and pc. It's very straight forward to do that.

They will need to make some form of difference from the ps3 to ps4 even if very minor.

Whats also helped is having a first year on the fox engine konami will have knowledge of what specs to run to get the game optimized.

I know there will be a graphical difference. I expect the pc and ps4 to have fully 3d kits with full cloth rather than the half cloth we see now and higher resolution background textures compared to the ps3. I know how simple it is looking at the game files for so long.

I Think the other changes will be dynamic weather and day/night transitions on ps4 with the ps3 having basic weather.

I don't think we will get another PES6 situation. I'm actually pretty conifident PES2015 will take a big leap forward graphically and not be a polished last-gen port. I think it's quite clear the Fox engine can deliver great visuals but the last-gen consoles weren't up to the task.

Gameplay I'm less confident about but we will see.

XB1, PS4 & PC versions should look and play more or less identically. That's the point I was making really in response to a suggestion that PS4 will somehow be a superior lead platform.

I agreed with him, i'm very scared about this...
Ahhh... this remember me 2 crappy games...

logo.png

and

PES 2014 - Arab poor soccer style. :COAT:
That PC Price scares me, too!
To much cheap for a PC Game, can be a disaster!
PES 2014 PC 30 Euros Release and now PES 2015 PC 25 Euros?
Could be better pay this money to take off our virginity.

25 Euros?
Where did you get that info, or is that what you wish to pay?

I don't think we will get another PES6 situation. I'm actually pretty conifident PES2015 will take a big leap forward graphically and not be a polished last-gen port. I think it's quite clear the Fox engine can deliver great visual but the last-gen consoles weren't up to the task.

Gameplay I'm less confident about but we will see.

XB1, PS4 & PC versions should look and play more or less identically. That's the point I was making really in response to a suggestion that PS4 will somehow be a superior lead platform.

I'm very confident over the gameplay since when you break up what they need to do it's all in place, there are very few question marks.

The issue with PES2014 is it doesn't have enough animations to cover the amount of actions within it's functions. So every shoot, header, bicycle kick, tackle, jostle etc.. at various different speeds with players of different weights, heights, technique etc.. with heart, stamina and form affect them. There hasn't been enough created on this brand to cover every aspect. You also have to consider the new jostling and right stick barycenter functions, along with new shooting/dead ball mechanics which needed a year of fine tuning to get to a solid consistent working state.

Combine this with issues of optimizing the new engine with adequate response times and graphic optimization this was the teams focus this year. A key point is this was all created on two speeds and three different stationary points.

Standing animations, Slow dribbling/pace control animations, Sprinting animations.

Something i noticed, i should of spoken of earlier for 2014 was how when you dribble with the ball normally you move far too slowly to dribble around players, no matter how good the player is or his stats. This was because they had not got the reactions of players sorted out to a high responsive level and it would be too easy just to walk around players and score. That is just the basics, they key here is reactions are the most important part to any video game, players need to react to everything, where the ball is, tactical changes you make, how far the ball carrier is and what stance to take based on his ability. As you know, things must be balanced, this is why shooting was under-powered but now is overpowered also there's not enough variation in movement This was the very, very best element in 2013 and 2011 These games had:

Standing animations, pace control dribbling, slow dribbling, normal dribbling, R1 tap dribbling, sprinting, Flat out R1 tap sprinting.

This is why 2014 feels so constricted and repetitive compared to last year, there is less overall freedom in the game now. Also like i said before the better reaction speeds allowed you and the CPU, if you get your tactics right could maintain a good defensive shape which created fierce competitive midfield battles. This shows that working with such an underpowered engine from 2011-2013 has put Konami in a great position since all that hard work they have done perfecting how players react and move around on a football pitch based on individual stats now can be slotted underneath PES2014 once enough animations are made ready in the game.

The QUESTION mark resides over collision animations, something Konami have struggled on and even though they show potential now in 2014, they are all slow speed collisions, PES 2013 did very well with this on a old engine to give a natural flow to high speed collisions but did a poor job on medium to low speed collisions, the question mark is if Konami can hit that balance.

When you enter the unknown like this on a new engine, you can't really put a time frame on how long things will take, you can see they had some absolutely huge challenges to sort out for 2014 and at first they got it all out but in a mess but they really had done a great job to fix and remove flaws and bugs. Things like catch up and the lack of individuality was simple because the game was never created in this edition to be 100% fully complete, it was meant to be a basic game to act as a base for next gen development and going back to the animations the game does not provide enough variations in speed, so without it players can easily score just by spiriting away with fast players.

Getting to know 2013 so well i could see all of what they did there they put aside for a year and worked hard on the core physics, animations and expansion on the freedom available in places which lacked it before for future titles. Nothing happens by accident in this world since accident is always a perception never the force behind an action. Konami are experts in creating individuality for their game, they know what to know they know and have set the potential in for this game to have it but more important things needed to be done to get this game ready for the next generation.

It was disappointing after 2013 for 2014 to be so lackluster but looking at the work konami have done, it all makes sense really. Outside of the gameplay i'm not so forgiving in regards to marketing, DLC's and presentation.

I've hope I've explained my investigation properly

Last edited:

I'm very confident over the gameplay since when you break up what they need to do it's all in place there very few question marks.

The issue with PES2014 is it doesn't have enough animations to cover the amount of actions within it's functions. So every shoot, header, bicycle kick, tackle, jostle etc.. at various different speeds with players of different weights, heights, technique etc.. with heart, stamina and form affect them. There hasn't been enough created on this brand to cover every aspect. You also have to consider the new jostling and right stick barycenter functions, along with new shooting/dead ball mechanics which needed a year of fine tuning to get to a solid consistent working state.

Combine this with issues of optimizing the new engine with adequate response times and graphic optimization this was the teams focus this year. A key point is this was all created on two speeds and three different stationary points.

Standing animations, Slow dribbling/pace control animations, Sprinting animations.

Something i noticed, i should of spoken of earlier for 2014 was how when you dribble with the ball normally you move far too slowly to dribble around players, no matter how good the player is or his stats. This was because they had not got the reactions of players sorted out to a high responsive level and it would be too easy just to walk around players and score. That is just the basics, they key here is reactions are the most important part to any video game, players need to react to everything, where the ball is, tactical changes you make, how far the ball carrier is and what stance to take based on his ability. As you know, things must be balanced, this is why shooting was under-powered but now is overpowered also there's not enough variation in movement This was the very, very best element in 2013 and 2011 These games had:

Standing animations, pace control dribbling, slow dribbling, normal dribbling, R1 tap dribbling, sprinting, Flat out R1 tap sprinting.

This is why 2014 feels so constricted and repetitive compared to last year, there is less overall freedom in the game now. Also like i said before the better reaction speeds allowed you and the CPU, if you get your tactics right could maintain a good defensive shape which created fierce competitive midfield battles. This shows that working with such an underpowered engine from 2011-2013 has put Konami in a great position since all that hard work they have done perfecting how players react and move around on a football pitch based on individual stats now can be slotted underneath PES2014 once enough animations are made ready in the game.

The QUESTION mark resides over collision animations, something Konami have struggled on and even though they show potential now in 2014, they are all slow speed collisions, PES 2013 did very well with this on a old engine to give a natural flow to high speed collisions but did a poor job on medium to low speed collisions, the question mark is if Konami can hit that balance.

When you enter the unknown like this on a new engine, you can't really put a time frame on how long things will take, you can see they had some absolutely huge challenges to sort out for 2014 and at first they got it all out but in a mess but they really had done a great job to fix and remove flaws and bugs. Things like catch up and the lack of individuality was simple because the game was never created in this edition to be 100% fully complete, it was meant to be a basic game to act as a base for next gen development and going back to the animations the game does not provide enough various in speed, so without it players can easily score just by spiriting away with fast players.

Getting to know 2013 so well i could see all of what they did there they put aside for a year and worked hard on the core physics, animations and expansion on the freedom available for future titles. Nothing happens by accident in this world since accident is always a perception never the force behind an action. Konami are experts in creating individuality for their game, they know what to know they know and have set the potential in for this game to have it but more important things needed to be done to get this game ready for the next generation.

It was disappointing after 2013 for 2014 to be so lackluster but looking at the work konami have done, it all makes sense really. Outside of the gameplay i'm not so forgiving in regards to marketing, DLC's and presentation.

I've hope I've explained my investigation properly

you are one of the smartest people around here.. you see the Truth as is and you don't fallow the flow of negativity and that a good quality in a human.

The good thing is that as bad as Pes 2014 is in many areas, Konami has at least introduced a completely new engine, raw and rough as it is.

So with Pes 2015 they already have the brute work done and can run with it full speed and with much more cpu power to play with.

So eventhough we acted as betatesters this year, it will benefit the next installment of Pes.

Let's see if words have nowadays still a value.

SONY PS3 was created not for playing, easy to see it inside the choices done, althought a better consistent machine (not that body held clear set with spit called XBOX360 which melts with the heat) and multiplatform games like PES has not benefited of its hardware. So with a power machine 14 times greater than PS2, a company like Konami, which invented football videogames from 92, is able to treat her loyal consumers as paying betatesters for 7 years, to wait for another "number of times greater machine", made finally for players, with prices inflated by 10€, stating this time, we give you that feeling you forgot since 2006, as they refuse to deceive people coming out on a new machine just with cosmetical make-up port?
The inextricable marriage with SONY and her cycles is clearly under our eyes even more.
Who wants to play the devil's advocate, do it well, I do not judge him, but it takes a little more respect for those who buy at full price.

:D and what a revolution was PES 2014 indeed. altough the PS3 and X360 era was total disaster for PES and he was still around. 2008 could be a decent title if the wouldnt fuck up the shooting

Actually, 2008's shooting was the one thing I liked about it.

:BLUSH:

I didn't like PES 2008 but I did like the shooting also. The shots were more varied and there was more heft to the ball. Otherwise, I think the shooting in PES has been average at best this generation.

How long you been reading around that this man had to go away because he had nothing left to invent?

Well compared to adam, this guy give us great old Pro Evolution Soccer Games.
And Adam starts make crap all over the world, and give some gold issues to EA Sports.
Next year i will going to buy a new soccer game, a old megadrive cartridge.
Only to forget the shame to be a fan of soccer games on a PC.
A new soccer game don´t deserve it to be on the market, if had defects.

Believe the story of the 3 bears. :DD

Last edited:

Well compared to adam, this guy give us great old Pro Evolution Soccer Games.
And Adam starts make crap all over the world, and give some gold issues to EA Sports.
Next year i will going to buy a new soccer game, a old megadrive cartridge.
Only to forget the shame to be a fan of soccer games on a PC.
A new soccer game don´t deserve it to be on the market, if had defects.:DD

As you told you miss Seabass, I answered like the motto: "those who leave the old road for the new, knows what leaves and does not know what it will be". the rest I didn't understand. Please explain.

As you told you miss Seabass, I answered like the motto: "those who leave the old road for the new, knows what leaves and does not know what it will be". the rest I didn't understand. Please explain.

I told you.
I will not buy this game, untill see good notes on PES 2015.
Understand now?
Good.

I told you.
I will not buy this game, untill see good notes on PES 2015.
Understand now?
Good.

Ok. I feel the same sadness to see konami renegade the author of those great successes...anyway there's no need to be pissed off.

Last edited:

I don't know how some PES pundits (or pretend to be pundits) said PES 14 should be like PES 13. PES 13 was so polished sometimes it feels robotic.
Even though game is broken PES 14 able to give a lively experience until they screwed up last couple of patches.
On the other hand I can hardly play PES 13. I would play candy crush over PES 13 :)
PES should be like PES 13 only in its nightmare.

I don't know how some PES pundits (or pretend to be pundits) said PES 14 should be like PES 13. PES 13 was so polished sometimes it feels robotic.
Even though game is broken PES 14 able to give a lively experience until they screwed up last couple of patches.
On the other hand I can hardly play PES 13. I would play candy crush over PES 13 :)
PES should be like PES 13 only in its nightmare.

Surely PES2014 it's the best of last gen, there's no doubt about. But it's late and not enough, at least in respect to the other.
In absolute, 1 first real step forward from PES6.
People wait 1 year to see a big surprise, day by day, news by news, and you see the game which can catalyze your attention and give you great happiness, fading gradually as sick..

Back
Top Bottom