PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

If PES can have a "semi-licence" like it's the case for Premier League with fakes teams names/logos/kits but real players names/stats/appearences/formations, for me it's all good, very good.

Even with fake names for players to rename (Weydenfella/Weidenfeller etc.) i doesn't ennoy me too much.

Kits can be created very fast and renaming too, that's not the case with players stats/appearence/formations etc.

Agree with the above. Just having the base there for modders to do their stuff would be a big step above having nothing at all. I love the Bundesliga so I hope some resolution can be found.

Konami can share some pictures of Pes 2015. It will be nice gift for communities :)

This one doesn´t really go for 2015 yet but it happens this summer that there will be a new open competitive bidding of the DFL for the german bundesliga licence for the seasons 2015/2016 to 2017/2018 according to this article:

http://www.prorevo.de/blog/2014/bundesliga-lizenz-pes-die-chance-ist-klein-aber-sie-ist-da/

KONAMI might not have a chance against EA or the financials but a chance would be there, IF KONAMI risks it.
I doubt they will though, but if, they could make quite more sales unless they totally f**k up the gameplay.

On the other hand EA wouldn´t let this happen, just imagine FIFA 15 without the Bundesliga license :P

But if the DFL does give a non-exclusive license away, there might be a chance for at least a few more german teams.

There is a tiny chance for KONAMI.

Just saying because one of the main reasons I hear from FIFA players is, that they don´t wanna patch around and wanna play with german teams.

Hm I thought PES stood firmly in Germany. Unlike UK where almost no-one buys that due to lacking EPL and lower leagues (I believe FIFA has this all the way down to League 2).

Plus the article on proevo.de is good read. There is one thing EA Sports did and KONAMI didn't. Exclusive club licenses.

How can you use it to your advantage? Simple:

YouTube - EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup - Aston Villa - Player Tournament

YouTube - FIFA 14 - Liverpool FC Player Tournament - Coutinho, Henderson, Allen, Kelly

Just doing something like this. Easy enough to get people to buy game :LOL:. It's not for flame war mind you. It's just sharing the idea of how to promote the game.

Can KONAMI and UK Studio do it? I want them to!

Last edited:

Oh man! How come I know nothing about this game??? That's like the fun of old PES.
And that dribbling at 5.16- football orgasm.

what about this game now? Lost in 'transition'?

You didn't miss anything. The game was rubbish.

Let's see. Game was released in 2004. Only on Japanese market and never officially released in Europe. On EU PS2 there are problems to run the game imported from Jpn.

Thanks to PS2 Emu available on PC, I finally got to see what the fuss was about and can easily say: "When it was released it blew anything out of the water with innovation."

Starting with what strikes most: ball physics are top notch (you know ball is separate and "free") and net physics are still a joy to look at. The AI is also very polished up (except maybe GKs, but that goes for both user and C).

Variety of passing is unrivaled. Low passing, mid air passing, lofted lobbed passes, crossing with various curves applied, outside foot crosses!, backheel passes (not impressive now, but think about release date), through balls with various degree of swerve applied!, pressure sensitive passing system (aka fully analog!), 1-2-3 passes possible, etc.

Shooting is not overpowered or underpowered, it's spot on.

Can't believe they packed it on 380MB. Crazy.

Well, It is true that you can't judge a game properly just by watching youtube videos.
But considering a 2004 game it really looks good.

I was playing Football Kingdom on my PC last night , there is version , english version which can run on the PS2 emulator for PC!
Well i must say .... this is the football game with the best animations to date , but nothing more.

Last edited:

The game was poor, Info. Videos of it make it seem a lot better than it was. Said videos are probably posted by young lads that have never played it because they were in diapers in 2004.
Do you have it? Or did you have it?

Do you have it? Or did you have it?

I did. Actually picked it up when I was stationed in Japan in '05. I recall it being impressive visually for that era and somewhat fun to play at first, but the gameplay compared to PES back then was quite shallow and repetitive, much like FIFA and This is Football were at that time. In no way did it compare to the quality and depth of PES, for me. Videos make the game look a lot better than it really was. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

okay here are the facts

- FIFA 2000-20xx was rubbish, arcadish, boring, simple, gabe didnt like it
- PES/ISS '99-2007 about 5 times was quiet fun, editable, immersive, competitive, enjoyable, the best footy experience for gabe to date
- since the PS3 era PES died slowly
- FIFA 14 became what PES 6, PES 5, PES 4, ISS, ISS 2 was for gabe

Well we can say that around licences and presentation FIFA still will be better next year and/or forever. NOW PES should come up with something big in gameplay this time really after 7 years...so sad its unlikely by just looking at PES 2014.

I would say i'll try the demo but it will be nothing like the retail game as ever the case was. So ...dunno, somehow gonna get my hands on the retail game for sure. But im fucking tired. It will get 1 night chance. No waiting for stupid patches, if you are shit PES 2015, then you will be shit. And im not mad at you, Konami fucked you up. Thats it.

So im waiting impatiently how could this situation go even worse for a frenchise like this. :D

I'm getting this feeling konami will come up with the excuse this is our first year on NG, next year will be better.
Also previous versions had some kind of info to share with us prior to E3, and so far we have nothing, that to me shows me no confidence for NG pes.

Last edited:

I'm getting this feeling konami will come up with the excuse this is our first year on NG, next year will be better.
Also previous versions had some kind of info to share with us prior to E3, and so far we have nothing, that to me shows me no confidence for NG pes.
:SMUG:

It's not PESsimism,there's too much to do in every area in once to take the upper hand. Also a perfect editor of everything couldn't be enough. And on me, konami it's better they change their way in realising editors to compensate licenses lacking.

We will know pretty soon. 1 week to go till E3 starts. 10.06.2014-12.06.2014 is when expo takes place.

Btw this is taken from E3 site about KONAMI:

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties. Konami's titles include the popular franchises METAL GEAR SOLID, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. The latest information about Konami can be found on the Web at www.konami.com.

We might be in for a big surprise and no FIFA/PES will be presented at E3. Looking at Insider information, those 2 are not on a list of presented games!

http://www.e3insider.com/products-games-list/

Jimi_Zuko;2914957[B said:
]I'm getting this feeling konami will come up with the excuse this is our first year on NG,[/B] next year will be better.

You know, i have this feeling too. Don't know why but i think so :YAWN:

I give you another probable excuse: this is the first year of the new UK Team,it was difficult for us, wait for next year to see the full effect on the game quality.

I just do one test!

YouTube - PES2014 Ronaldo vs López 100m R1 run

In PES 2015 stats for shooting, passing, speed etc. must make а difference between players, in PES2014 stats for speed does not play any role, both of player in this video have the same speed!

Ronaldo's speed is 87, Lopez is 65.

amazing vid maremas ;)

this is really a great proof how this game is broken.

i would love to see similar test in pes 2013 or 2011.

amazing vid maremas ;)

this is really a great proof how this game is broken.

i would love to see similar test in pes 2013 or 2011.

Ronaldo is a bit faster only because of his new Nike Mercurial football boots :BOP:

I just do one test!

YouTube - PES2014 Ronaldo vs López 100m R1 run

In PES 2015 stats for shooting, passing, speed etc. must make а difference between players, in PES2014 stats for speed does not play any role, both of player in this video have the same speed!

Ronaldo's speed is 87, Lopez is 65.

Another video from this guy.
YouTube - Pes 2014 100 meter dash 23-5-2014 bad physics.

Expect "You speed whore! you need to play possession game and with right tactics Ronaldo still can outrun every fooking defender" types of comments very soon :)

That was done on training ground. I thought training nullifies some stats (for example stamina is never deplating like in NBA training mode).

However, this doesn't matter at all as it's the same in game :(. Without yair patch I would have long forgotten about this game :P.

Here is whole Twitch.Tv schedule for E3...

Monday 09.06.14

18: 30-E3 Xbox Conference 2014
20: 00-Conference Xbox E3 2014-post-show
20: 30-Hotline Miami 2 (Dennaton Games/Devolver Digital)
21: 00-E3 EA Conference 2014
22: 00-E3 EA Conference 2014-"Special Event"
23: 00-E3 EA Conference 2014-post-show
23: 30-Bethesda (Unannounced title)
00: 00-Conference Ubisoft E3 2014
01: 00 pm-Ubisoft Conference 2014-E3 post-show
01: 30-the Witcher 3: wild Gon (CD Projekt RED)
02: 00-Dying Light (Wroclaw)
02: 30-summary
03: 00-Conference PlayStation E3 2014

Tuesday 10.06.14

18: 00-E3 Nintendo Conference 2014
19: 00-Deep Silver (Unannounced title)
19: 15-Deep Silver (Unannounced title)
19: 30 – Dragon Age: Inquisition (EA)
20: 00-Ubisoft (Unannounced title)
20: 20-The Division (Ubisoft)
20: 40-Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft)
21: 00-Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision)
21: 20-Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
21: 40-Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
22: 00-DRIVECLUB (SCEA)
22: 20-the Evil Within (Bethesda)
22: 40-Lords of the Fallen (NAMCO)
23: 00-Destiny (Activision/BUNGIE)
23: 20-The Order: 1886 (SCEA)
23: 40-Nintendo (Unannounced title)
00: 00-the tournament Evolve (2 k)
01: 00 pm-Tournament Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo)

Wednesday 11.06.14

19: 00-Alienware
19: 30-Twitch Time
20: 00-Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games/Microsoft Studios)
20: 20-Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
20: 40-Killer Instinct: Season Two (Iron Galaxy Studios/Microsoft)
21: 00-Square Enix (Unannounced title)
21: 20-Warhammer: the Eternal Crusade (Square Enix)
21: 40-H1Z1 (Sony Online Entertainment)
22: 00-EA (Unannounced title)
22: 20-Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
22: 40-Middle-earth: the Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
23: 10-Nintendo (Unannounced title)
23: 30-Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Unannounced title)
23: 50-Crytek (Unannounced title)
00: 00-SCEA (Unannounced title on PS4/PS3)
00: 15-SCEA (Unannounced title digital on PS4/PS Vita)
00: 30-Hohokum (Honeyslug, SCE Santa Monica Studio)
00: 45-Helldivers (Arrowhead Game Studios/Sony Computer Entertainment)
01: 00 – Alien Isolation (The Creative Assembly/SEGA)
01: 20-Civilization: Beyond Earth (2 k)
01: 40-Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is the Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 (Blizzard)
02: 00-Evolve Tournament (2 k)

Thursday 12.06.14

19: 00-with the creator of Tetris Alexei Pażytnowem
19: 15 – Zombies Monsters Robots (Ying Pei Games)
19: 30 – Guinness World Records
20: 00-Fable Legends (LionHead/Microsoft Studios)
20: 20-Microsoft Studios (TBD)
20: 40-Project Spark (Dakota/Microsoft Studios)
21: 00-Nintendo (Unannounced title)
21: 20-Square Enix (Unannounced title)
21: 40-PlanetSide 2 PS4 Edition (Sony Online Entertainment)
22: 00-505 Games (TBD)
22: 20-Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Unannounced title)
22: 40-Borderlands: The Pre-the Sequel (Gearbox/2 k)
23: 00 – Ubisoft (Unannounced title)
23: 20-The Crew (Ubisoft)
23: 40-Nintendo (Unannounced title)
00: 00-Tecmo Koei (Unannounced title)
00: 20 – Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes (Disney Interactive)
00: 40-Sonic Boom (SEGA)
01: 00 Evolve Tournament(2k)

No KONAMI on Twitch it seems. Shocking.

If there was ever any doubt that the games have indeed broken principles, all the evidence needed is in the videos.
This is Konami's idea of how to balance a game.

Back
Top Bottom