PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

Does anyone of you play online with Wlan? If so do you have problems regarding delay, overall connection?

I play with Wlan and my connection is fine (ping 9) but some matches are quite good, others are totally crap. Then my players feel so lazy.

Hello Gents,

Does anyone know what was the small 3 Mb update made available last night/this morning? Couldn't find any info about it.

Does anyone of you play online with Wlan? If so do you have problems regarding delay, overall connection?

I play with Wlan and my connection is fine (ping 9) but some matches are quite good, others are totally crap. Then my players feel so lazy.

Isn't that the case with wired too? Overall, pes seems bad online.

Hello Gents,

Does anyone know what was the small 3 Mb update made available last night/this morning? Couldn't find any info about it.
Don't know what it is but it looks like also the demo got updated this morning (yes, I still have only the demo :FAIL: ).

I skipped the update yesterday!
How do I force it again manually?

I believe this update is only for compatibility with the Steam Virtual Reality beta, it didn't change any game files.

Great. Currently downloading the full game right now, it should be in my Steam library as I come home tonight.
Is there a way to stop it downloading the weekly content? I don't know if/how it interferes with editing but better safe than sorry I presume.

Great. Currently downloading the full game right now, it should be in my Steam library as I come home tonight.
Is there a way to stop it downloading the weekly content? I don't know if/how it interferes with editing but better safe than sorry I presume.
The live updates don't interfere with editing.

The live updates don't interfere with editing.
Not even with player names for example?
Say if I edited a player name/ID to make it licensed, duesn't the live update revert it to generic?
Wow, you lifted a huge concern of mine. Thank you! :D

I don't know if it's good or bad that it doesn't interfere. You have to play with live update on if you wanna play with players like mcnair etc if you play as united. The updated players do _not_ appear in edit mode or team management, wich is complete nonsense. Just, why?

Live updates are automatically used in most of the online modes. In offline modes you can switch Live updates On/Off whenever you want.

I don't know if it's good or bad that it doesn't interfere. You have to play with live update on if you wanna play with players like mcnair etc if you play as united. The updated players do _not_ appear in edit mode or team management, wich is complete nonsense. Just, why?

If these updates were released as classic DLCs, then they definitely would interfere with many editings you've done to your EDIT.bin. Can you imagine the uproar in editing scene if Konami started to release weekly transfer DLCs? :)

Last edited:
It's a matter of how they do that.
If they released "incremental" updates (like the default players in the Players_00.bin file in dt10, first batch of added players in Players_01.bin in dt80_100e, second batch in Players_02.bin in dt80_200e and so on) it would do no harm (apart from having to continuously update the editing software to keep up with the ever growing number of Players_XX.bin files).
This would have two main benefits in my opinion: it would allow us to have also the "no-longer-having-a-team players" as free agents instead of having them disappear (because I take that they are removed now?) and would not overwrite any of our edits*.

Then, they can just release an updated, let's say, TeamPlayerLinks.bin (to name it after the same table in FIFA) at every DLC making it overwrite the previous ones (and it should only have player ID, team ID, length of contract. Nothing more).

This would be the best solution so far for editing, but it just would mean screwing all the "weekly form updates" probably (which, for me, won't be a totally bad idea anyway).

*surely we would need to edit DB files directly instead of EDIT.bin, but I feel it's probably even better that way.

Last edited:
it would allow us to have also the "no-longer-having-a-team players" as free agents instead of having them disappear (because I take that they are removed now?)

With current implementation, these players aren't removed from Player.bin files. They are hidden via PlayerDeleteList.bin file - remove their IDs from this file and they become available as free agents (no club, no NT).

Something which has annoyed me yesterday. This sabotage and this deal with Sony for the PS4. PES 2015 PS4 graphics are not as good as PES 2014 graphics on the PC.

The only reason i have 2014 still on my PC is to preview kits i create, i saw this really funny bug with Dani Alves, yet i looked closely and realized the shirts actually move and have physics attached to them, then i looked back at the copa america and asia cup and noticed the crowds varied and suited each region, where as now they are all generic.

What annoys me the most is Konami have done nothing part from improve faces in terms of graphically improving the game and the PS4 graphics are the same infact slightly worse than last year on the PS3/PC and to compensate with Konami not doing anything to improve from last year they heavily sabotaged and blurred the PC and PS3/360 versions for PES 2015 to make the PS4 version look better than it actually is.

To understand how bad this is on the pc Konami's specs this year and last year where precisely and exactly the same yet PES 2015 looks horrible on PC compared to last year with the same specs and last year with the same undrpowered specs PES 2014 still looks as good if not better than the PS4 version which is 'supposed' to be 4x times as powerful? Really?

What is this deal sony and Konami have! This shit needs to stop.

You stand correct unfortunately.
It's not a matter of "focusing on accessibility".

Yet I must admit that I like how it plays, though (don't get me wrong, I believe that it still has its flaws, but I'm liking it so far).

There's one big concern that I have and it's online matchmaking. Playing with Levante in online divisions with full manual controls I don't seem to get a matching opponent even though I select the least restrictive filters.

Technically, after a week of playing the full game, I must admit that there's nothing that makes me want to shout "it's a miracle"...
Yet, I kind of agree: the more I play it, the more I want to play it. And it's enough for me, as this is what a good game is for me. :)
Of course I probably won't define it 'great' but at least Konami proved they're back on the right track and, hopefully, they're also ready to go back where they deserve (provided that they don't discoutinue PC/old gen versions altogether).

Ball awareness in this is nearly game breaking. Nearly. It's probably its only major flaw, besides the ridiculous (broken) referees.

THIS! So much this! I hate it when i pass to a dude and somehow i have a much closer dude to the ball but the game refuses to intercept the ball with that said dude, or even let me change to him because you know, the game already decided that the other dude is the only one who should receive that ball. This is a HUUUUUUGE drawback compered to Fifa.

If there's 2 things i want for PES2016, it's ball awareness and player animations driven by real physics, similar to fifa impact engine, but hopefully better.

THIS! So much this! I hate it when i pass to a dude and somehow i have a much closer dude to the ball but the game refuses to intercept the ball with that said dude, or even let me change to him because you know, the game already decided that the other dude is the only one who should receive that ball. This is a HUUUUUUGE drawback compered to Fifa.

If there's 2 things i want for PES2016, it's ball awareness and player animations driven by real physics, similar to fifa impact engine, but hopefully better.

I agree.

yeah they need to ugprade the collision or touch points and add more varied output animation.. the so called real time engine does often produce unreal and odd animation.. i wonder how they will improve foul system regarding this.

Second is kind of "tendency" cpu ai could adapt during the game. Center attacking style is fine, drive in etc.. but when there is opportunity to cross why not make one fgs.. Current pes system makes it relatively easier to guess cpu ai movement..

biggest disappointment for me is Advanced Shooting, that it has lags. Konami can,t make 1 thing normally
second CPU level, on superstar played with sassuolo vs real M and won 2-0 that's not all they had only 2 shot in second half

holy f*ck this game is scripted to pieces :BORED:

I (re-)played roughly 15 games with Milan against Ajax in a EL quarter final and the AI blatantly cheated its way through every single game. Completely ridiculous red cards, missed open goals, AI defenders catching up with lightning speed etc. It was like playing chess against death.

Whoever at Konami who thinks this is even close to entertaining should have his/her brain thoroughly checked out.

holy f*ck this game is scripted to pieces :BORED:

I (re-)played roughly 15 games with Milan against Ajax in a EL quarter final and the AI blatantly cheated its way through every single game. Completely ridiculous red cards, missed open goals, AI defenders catching up with lightning speed etc. It was like playing chess against death.

Whoever at Konami who thinks this is even close to entertaining should have his/her brain thoroughly checked out.

Sounds like you want the scripting king ie. fifa. That game allows you to run with one player around the whole defense, while the ball sticks to your feet as you do full speed turn. :)

But seriously , PES is light years ahead in pure gameplay.

I think PES 2015 is very good, but gameplay needs tweaking, it's like they spent too much time on non-gameplay features (myclub etc) and gameplay suffered a bit.

Hoping for a gameplay patch to keep improving this great game.

Sounds like you want the scripting king ie. fifa. That game allows you to run with one player around the whole defense, while the ball sticks to your feet as you do full speed turn. :)

But seriously , PES is light years ahead in pure gameplay.

I think PES 2015 is very good, but gameplay needs tweaking, it's like they spent too much time on non-gameplay features (myclub etc) and gameplay suffered a bit.

Hoping for a gameplay patch to keep improving this great game.

Say what? :SHOCK: No - on the contrary - I want less scripting.

Playing against a human opponent is much fun as there is no scripting, just pure skill that matters, while playing against the computer/AI can be fun but at times also very frustrating because of the scripting that works against you in so many ways.

(and for the record: I don't like FIFA)

Back
Top Bottom