PC Gaming

Watched the majority of the videos.

Personally stopped watching Linus a long time ago when he more and more turned into a bellend clearly just there to make money.

I am not surprised by the findings as they just seem to release new videos everyday to just make a shit ton of money with none of them good or relevant.

Last edited:
Helped myself to a treat last night, when I took advantage of a 6 Euro offer and got me GTA IV. 😊 I just felt like it…
Modded it with icenhancer3.0 and some fixes and it’s super fun again.

What came to my mind, after some hours of playing, it’s similar to FIFA16… quality wise.
I was so reminded of how back then, the approach to creating the game was different... all the little details that make it a believe game world… everything is a bit slower, takes more time… unfolds more natural.
The newer version of the game is a different breed I’d say. Anyway… just a thought. 😊 I’m enjoying IV at the moment. 🥳

Last edited:
PCs can be so frustrating sometimes. Out of nowhere when I use DS4Windows pressing the options button on my controller it instantly turns off the controller, no rhyme or reason to it, doesn't happen if I use Steam's inbuilt controller settings (I use DS4windows so I can set custom controllers e.g. PS button or quicksave, right touchpad for inventory when playing Starfield).

PCs can be so frustrating sometimes. Out of nowhere when I use DS4Windows pressing the options button on my controller it instantly turns off the controller, no rhyme or reason to it, doesn't happen if I use Steam's inbuilt controller settings (I use DS4windows so I can set custom controllers e.g. PS button or quicksave, right touchpad for inventory when playing Starfield).

I think it is a Special action activated by default in the DS4 windows profiles.
1703023528838.png

I kept holding down the PS button as an option and removed Options and yes it fixed it, why on earth default for new profiles is that one tap of the Options button disconnects the controller is beyond me! Don't think it was like that originally.

I think it has always been like that. I have been using it to disconnect my controller for years.
I just noticed why it was like that a couple of days ago, when I tried to add special actions to allow jet pack working on the 3 dimensional axes in starfield, following a tutorial from Reddit (didn't work for me). I had no idea of special actions before, so lucky timing.

I think it has always been like that. I have been using it to disconnect my controller for years.
I just noticed why it was like that a couple of days ago, when I tried to add special actions to allow jet pack working on the 3 dimensional axes in starfield, following a tutorial from Reddit (didn't work for me). I had no idea of special actions before, so lucky timing.

From my experience with DS4windows it's always been that holding down "PS" for 10 seconds turns off the controller, but nothing on the Options button, I mean I used it ingame for the 314 hours of playing Starfield! It wasn't even hold Options for x seconds to turn off the controller it was a single tap and off it went, so frustrating! I spent about 3 hours trying to resolve it yesterday :(

Winter holiday sale from steam could be launch tomorrow december 21th. And on epic store it was launched last week again with free games.

Steam have done the same a PS this year and done their year in review.

Screenshot-2023-12-21-105434.png

Epic Games' free giveaways are always a win, and Art of Rally is a fantastic choice. I mean, who doesn't love some adrenaline-fueled racing action?
Speaking of gaming, if you're ever on the lookout for a way to make some extra cash while doing what you love, I've got a personal recommendation. In my experience, the best app to make money while gaming is a game-changer, pun intended! It's like combining two passions into one - having a blast and earning some extra cash.
So, keep those gaming sessions going strong, and don't forget to grab Art of Rally while it's free!

Last edited:
Guys, wanted to ask for your recommendations, what are your picks for your favorite Strategy Games for PC? It can be either real time or turn-based strategy, preferraby with a medieval and/or historical feel! This are some of my favorite genres of all time.

I've been playing a lot of Age of Empires 2 Extended Edition, Civilization, AOE 4, Nobunaga's Ambition, Oriental Empires, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Rise of Nations, but would like to add to my collection!

Any year is fine, old school, newer games, spanning all generations! Would love to hear your strategy favorites. :)

Guys, wanted to ask for your recommendations, what are your picks for your favorite Strategy Games for PC? It can be either real time or turn-based strategy, preferraby with a medieval and/or historical feel! This are some of my favorite genres of all time.

I've been playing a lot of Age of Empires 2 Extended Edition, Civilization, AOE 4, Nobunaga's Ambition, Oriental Empires, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Rise of Nations, but would like to add to my collection!

Any year is fine, old school, newer games, spanning all generations! Would love to hear your strategy favorites. :)
Hi mate, If you want only RTS games? Like build up your base, build with these buildings units and fight the enemys oponents. I only know for medieval, these you still posted.

If you want to play other scenarios in history like ww2 I would recommend Company of Hereos 1 it is a bit old but for the time it was released, it have nice graphics and very good gameplay, good AI and SP skirmish and plus 2 addons (british army and german army) 3 SP campaigns. And it have Online MP. You can find it on steam.
For this CoH 1 it exsist also CoH 2 and If I remember correct, CoH 3 that was released last year. But both 2 & 3 are not so good like gameplay wise like the first one.

If you like other strategy games I would recomend Total War: Medieval II DE. It is one of the best - maybe the best Total War game of this series franchise. But maybe more than 10 years old. You can find it on steam too.

Or one of my favorites, Crusader Kings III. It have some roleplay elements. You can choose a charackter or build one of your own, like in other RPG's. And you can change the history, or make new world order or have S** with the pope for example. It makes so much fun. And you can mosten of the time laugh.
It is also on the steam shop.

All 3 recommended games have many and good mods around the www and steam.

I forgot one game.

It is more like a RTS than the last two recomended games.
You build up a castle defend it or attack other castle's. It have SP campaign or Online MP (but no bots in MP).

My choices were always grand strategy games made by Paradox Interactive, that are one step ahead in terms of depth and scope, so those are my picks:

Imperator Rome (ancient period, plus some modes regarding the bronze age)

Crusader Kings II & III (medieval period, plus if you like a more fantasy setting there are modes like GoT, Warhammer or LoTR)

Europa Universalis IV (renaissance/exploration/colonization period)

Victoria 3 (victorian/industrialization period, with some WWI flavor in the late game)

Hearts of Iron IV (focused on the WWII period, plus there are some mods for the current modern period)

Stellaris (a big scale grand strategy in space with some 4X strategy elements)

The great part about those grand strategy games is that you can play them on a big scale, where you can pick which faction you want from hundreds on the entire globe, plus you can use it in huge mega campaigns where at the end you can import the map (via convertors) from one period to another, in that way experiencing all the human history, even going through space later in Stellaris with that particular faction.

There are also games like Civilization, Humankind, or Total War games, but those are too light and basic for my taste, are feeling very short in comparison...

Here is a comprehensive and descriptive video resuming the most essential parts of each game:

@Carles P. took the words right out of my mouth. Company of Heroes 1 and Crusader Kings 3 are one of my top games (and on an older scale Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri is also on the top of the list).

On a lower level but still fun : TW: Shogun 2 (and Rome 2), had fun with Wargame:Red Dragon, the Anno games (enjoyed 1800)

@Carles P. @etb10dmk @el niche Thanks for your recommendations bros!

Out of the ones you guys showed me, the one that most captured my attention right off the bat was Crusader Kings 3. The modding for this game is insane, and the total conversion mods for it look really well done. I would love to do an Asian or Middle-Eastern themed campaign with this game (Perhaps Persians or Mongols!).

I've heard great things about it, and seems a bit daunting, but that's a good thing. It's precisely what I'm looking for: a new (i've never played CK3), immersive and long campaign challenge! Will be checking itout for sure. :TU:

@Carles P. @etb10dmk @el niche Thanks for your recommendations bros!

Out of the ones you guys showed me, the one that most captured my attention right off the bat was Crusader Kings 3. The modding for this game is insane, and the total conversion mods for it look really well done. I would love to do an Asian or Middle-Eastern themed campaign with this game (Perhaps Persians or Mongols!).

I've heard great things about it, and seems a bit daunting, but that's a good thing. It's precisely what I'm looking for: a new (i've never played CK3), immersive and long campaign challenge! Will be checking itout for sure. :TU:

Something similar was happening to me: started in 2012 with Crusader Kings II just being shy and curious, then lost into it hundreds of hours like was a walk in the park... then I said to myself, what the heck? There is another one with some different themed period after CK? So in that way I got into EUIV, where I spent even more hundreds of hours, then just saw another and another... :LMAO: and sincerely I lost count on my playtime... Paradox should be banned on making those kind of games: kids could not be born because of it, crops could not be cultivated, and wallets will be eternally empty because of so many expansions & dlcs !!!

@Carles P. took the words right out of my mouth. Company of Heroes 1 and Crusader Kings 3 are one of my top games (and on an older scale Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri is also on the top of the list).

On a lower level but still fun : TW: Shogun 2 (and Rome 2), had fun with Wargame:Red Dragon, the Anno games (enjoyed 1800)
I had to force myself to stop playing Anno 1800 too much. Must be one of the most addictive games of all time. It has that weird formula of connecting everything in the gameworld and when you figure it out you just can't stop playing. Also at the right time the game throws in something new and you find yourself in a loop of mechanical thinking while multitasking and learning.

Back
Top Bottom