PC Gaming

TBH, I can't tell you as I didn't install it on my PC yet. It's waiting for the more powerful friends coming next month such as CPU, M/B, PSU, DDR5 RAM...at the moment.
Its price has been going down(around €335 in my country now). I've heard from a review that its performance is slightly better than the 3060TI, but more or less unstable comparing with 3060TI.
Personally thinking, A770LE has a great potential; it has 16GB VRAM, 256bit memory bus-width, and so on...
I wish Intel may constantly improve the drivers so that their GFX cards could bring their 'A' game.
Agree on the drivers. Always good to have some competition. Hope it works out for you and if you remember give an update

I pretty much gave up on Windows 11. Once I got a new SSD I installed Windows 10 and things are running much more smoothly, I didn't look back. Windows 11 and its mandatory updates were buggy as hell and really slowed down my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take this here… hope it makes sense for you guys too.

I'm still doubting if it will be released as a gamecam or a replay cam. Probably replay cam, because it has the HyperMotion™ overlays.
I get dizzy while playing in the 3rd person pro camera, imagine in POV lol

Btw, I have never tried VR games. It must be amazing, specially in racing sims, right?
absolutely. Everything with a cockpit, be at a plane or a car, is perfect for VR. Everything where you are stationary. And with games where you have to walk or run while wearing the HMD, you can clearly see the boundaries of VR these days, imo.

maybe it’s a mix of VR and AR that is needed to bring everything, were we walk or run, a bit more forward.
That being said... I was always dreaming of a VR football simulator. 😊 decades ago.
but then again, the boundaries of the tech these days make it hard to create an “only fun” experience. When the sporty workout starts and the sweat is running (u wearing your HMD), I want to be outside, on a real pitch, and do the real thing, sweating and couching and smelling the grass…. playing football!

one could dream though, eh!? 😂

Is this not the Matrix next gen demo?

I don't know what you fellas think about the theme "AI". It makes me scared a bit. But I want good AI in video games like Pes or Fifa or others for example.

Is it just me or this is the slowest installer in the history of installers? Think it's been at it for 20 minutes so far and it's only a 26gb download...

Reminds me of the talkie toaster question from Red Dwarf

1161887d552001b6-600x338.jpg

My new PC is working on my desk. Only changing the mb to a B760 MSI and the CPU to a i5 13600KF. So I was less then 2K €.

Need time to install everything (tools and games).

Today midday I become an Email from the company they build my pc. So I had to stabalized the GPU with a tripod. They send a picture how to do this too.

But completley different Pc then mine. They wrote, it may don't touch the cooler from the gpu. But, this is my gpu:

rew_9390_rgb_1_1.png

And here is the problem. My case:

81wxH2P6IyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_1.jpg

The gpu is on the left side pluged in so the cooler from the gpu are downside.

What da fu! I didn't tought that I need to be a surgeon doctor to do this.
I did it but don't know if I did it right. But hey I have 36 month warranty. :BLEH:

So please be no earthquakes here at my hometown in germany.

Good morning, Guys!

I discovered this nice thread a couple of weeks ago, and now I wanna report to you Guys that there is still an way to use Origin over EA App. I read the last 3 sites through this thread and I didn´t found an working solution once the method with the xml File also was patched bei EA.
I still don´t want to use EA APP, although it´s working better than previous versions, so I searched recently again for an method. This nice little app here hosted on Github still do the trick. It´s an version.dll File. Once you place it in your Origin Install folder it works out of the box. No more pop ups "please use EA APP" and so on. You can install your games, you can update your games and repair your games. I use the solution since 3 weeks without any sign of EA interacting.

It´s important to say: I don´t know the creator, the file may alarm your Anti Vir Software, saying "dangerous", are you sure you wanna install it etc. For me, it didn´t warn my anti vir or even WIndows defender. Maybe while I am using IOBIT Advanced System care Anti vir. Whatever. I can only ask the Moderators like @Tom if it´s ok for the Forum stuff to post this here.
The whole quick and easy Install Progress is documented on the github Page. It needs an older version of Origin to be installed. Than place the version.dll inside your Install Folder of Origin. That´s it. Below I show you a Screenshot how it looks in my Own Install FOlder.

If the Moderators wanna delete me this Post or clean them by thereselfes than I understand that of course. Personally I don´t think the creator wanna spy out your PC or similar things. I waited now 3 weeks before I post this here in the thread because of monitoring my own PC if something fancy comes to my attention. But till today I can personally say the file is trusted. DOn´t install it if you have any doubts, Guys!
Oh and yeah, the App title is not so for work. Sorry about that, it´s out of my range. :)) As you can see in the right bottom corner, Date is from today where I opend Origin.

I am waiting for Moderators @Tom decision.

Here is the Github link: https://github.com/p0358/Fuck_off_EA_App

Attachments

• unknown_2023.07.31-11.15_1.png
    unknown_2023.07.31-11.15_1.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 3
  • unknown_2023.07.31-11.16.png
    unknown_2023.07.31-11.16.png
    665.4 KB · Views: 4
  • unknown_2023.07.31-11.17.png
    unknown_2023.07.31-11.17.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
  • unknown_2023.07.31-11.18.png
    unknown_2023.07.31-11.18.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
Like all hacks for Origin, this will work for about 2/3 weeks and EA will patch it.
Unfortunetely the EA App is going to continue to be forced on people.

Luckily all the issues I experienced with the EA App have now been fixed and there is no longer a need for Origin.

The EA App is a lot better than the old really shitty buggy Origin.
The only reason I had to use Origin was I couldn't download any games on the EA App due to the EA Play Pro subscription, but this has now been resolved.

Since it doesn't bother me anymore as the issues I had been resolved, but is there any reason why you are still using Origin?

Like all hacks for Origin, this will work for about 2/3 weeks and EA will patch it.
Unfortunetely the EA App is going to continue to be forced on people.

Luckily all the issues I experienced with the EA App have now been fixed and there is no longer a need for Origin.

The EA App is a lot better than the old really shitty buggy Origin.
The only reason I had to use Origin was I couldn't download any games on the EA App due to the EA Play Pro subscription, but this has now been resolved.

Since it doesn't bother me anymore as the issues I had been resolved, but is there any reason why you are still using Origin?
Tbh last time I used the EA App was in May or June. I had similar Problems like you by downloading games via XBox Gamepass subscription in my case.
Also I couldn´t play FIFA 16 with an older Version of the exe. EA App forces me everytime to update the game even I go offline. I own FIFA 23 via Steam,
and sometimes I roll back to an older Version of the game and with EA App I couldn´t. With Origin I had no issues.
But thanks Mate for the headsup! I don´t carve my current decision in stone. I will give the App another go. When you said your mentioned Problems are resolved could be a new beginning. Maybe at the end I can make a choice between both Apps/Clients out of nostalgy. I will see. :))

Last edited:
I don't think all the issues are resolved.

If I go and check the EA forums, then they will probably be full of people with issues.
The worst one, I remember is people were moaning they lost all their DLC for older games as they weren't available to purchase on the EA App so people were losing addons for games.

For me the issues were just not being able to download EA Play Pro games from before 2022, so couldn't download F1 22 or 80% of the EA catalogue.
They have resolved this issue now and I am able to download all games.
I can't remember if I tried FIFA 16 with the EA App or not, but never had issues with it trying to redownload content after applying the original .exe and other files.

Personally, I prefer the EA App as although still probably the worst App of the lot, except maybe the Ubisoft one.
It is head and shoulders better than the severely bugged Origin.

Last time I checked the EA Forum it was closed by an administrator because of too many People shared the newest workarounds to avoid converting to EA APP. haha
But when People still have these major Problems with the App like lost of DLC´s than it´s far away from resolved yeah. In the meantime I had reinstalled EA App out of curiousity. I connect them with my xbox Gamepass Membership and tried to run my Steam Version of FIFA 23. Notification shows up telling me to deinstall the Steam Version of FIFA 23 otherwise the game is not playable via EA App. I must mention that I don´t signed in at EA App with my Origin Account where the Steam Version is connected. Like I mention I signed in via my Xbox gamepass Membership Account. But I honestly asked myself should that a reason to reinstall FIFA 23 because of "some" Files must be changed via verifying through EA App?? So I renamed my Steam FIFA 23 Version and let EA App start to install a freshly Version of the game. Of course I abort the download after a minute. Could or better must be resolved by the EA App too.
Personally, I prefer the EA App as although still probably the worst App of the lot, except maybe the Ubisoft one.
It is head and shoulders better than the severely bugged Origin
For me the Origin App was always good to go. I can´t remember bigger issues I had in the last 10 years. But I agree with you about the Ubisoft one. Man, this one gaves everyone headaches all the time. I am close before reinstalling Ubisoft connect on the other hand. First of all when I wanna play The Division 2, which I purchased via EPic Store, I must run it finally through Ubisoft connect. Second game I own from Ubisoft is The Crew 2. Played both not a long time ago. Btw I am full of pre joy about The Crew Motorfest. Looks gorgeous in the gameplay Trailers.
The second reason for an Ubisoft connect reinstall could be that Ubisoft offers currently a 1 month subscription for Ubisoft connect for just 1€ instead of 14,99€.
Good way to play 1 or 2 games which I didn´t own but interest me. All DLC´s of games like Valhalla, Far Cry 6 etc. are included in the membership. Of course you must cancel your 1€ Membership inside the month before automatically your membership extend for than 14,99 €.

PS: Did you signed in at EA Play Pro for a year or do you prefer monthly fee. If I would be more interested in other Sport games like Footy and Tennis I would signed up for 12 month. Best way to test EA FC24 starting at 22.09.23 via EA Play Pro Membership.

Tbh last time I used the EA App was in May or June. I had similar Problems like you by downloading games via XBox Gamepass subscription in my case.
Also I couldn´t play FIFA 16 with an older Version of the exe. EA App forces me everytime to update the game even I go offline. I own FIFA 23 via Steam,
and sometimes I roll back to an older Version of the game and with EA App I couldn´t. With Origin I had no issues.
But thanks Mate for the headsup! I don´t carve my current decision in stone. I will give the App another go. When you said your mentioned Problems are resolved could be a new beginning. Maybe at the end I can make a choice between both Apps/Clients out of nostalgy. I will see. :))
Hadnt logged in to the ea app in a while. I never had a problem with it. Of course i read your pist and now my bought games wont load. The store will. But not the ones i own. Not even in offline mode. A pc restar does the trick but if i stop and sleep the computer it comes back. Frustrating. Will try to reinstall

Hadnt logged in to the ea app in a while. I never had a problem with it. Of course i read your pist and now my bought games wont load. The store will. But not the ones i own. Not even in offline mode. A pc restar does the trick but if i stop and sleep the computer it comes back. Frustrating. Will try to reinstall
I could test the EA App further yesterday. Besides my owned FIFA 23 from Steam there was not a single issue with my other games that I own from Origin.
Also I was able to launch FIFA 16 with FIFA16.exe v.1.00 which won´t work back in June where I tried the same in EA App. I signed in with my default Origin account data and after that the App connected with Steam where my FIFA 23 game comes from. So in summon I can say EA App works ways better than my previous experience with it. Will continue my tests.
A pc restar does the trick but if i stop and sleep the computer it comes back. Frustrating. Will try to reinstall
That´s sad to read. Hope after your reinstall it will work. What is the error message you receive when you try to load your games?

PS: Did you signed in at EA Play Pro for a year or do you prefer monthly fee. If I would be more interested in other Sport games like Footy and Tennis I would signed up for 12 month. Best way to test EA FC24 starting at 22.09.23 via EA Play Pro Membership.

I pay for EA Play Pro yearly using a Turkish VPN, as right now only works out at £30 a year as the Turkish economy is going down the absolute shitter and I thought the British economy was bad.

The issues did seem to be around the time of re-subscribing as games released prior to the renewal were not working but games released after were.
However these games were working in Origin, so that's why I continued to use Origin, but now everything is working as it should in the EA App.

I have just reinstalled FIFA 16 and not having any issues of reverting back to v1.0 of the exe and running the game.

I pay for EA Play Pro yearly using a Turkish VPN, as right now only works out at £30 a year as the Turkish economy is going down the absolute shitter and I thought the British economy was bad.

The issues did seem to be around the time of re-subscribing as games released prior to the renewal were not working but games released after were.
However these games were working in Origin, so that's why I continued to use Origin, but now everything is working as it should in the EA App.

I have just reinstalled FIFA 16 and not having any issues of reverting back to v1.0 of the exe and running the game.
The VPN using thing is a really good way to save money. I recently signed in to Turkish credit card called OlduBil. Also making an Account at Revolut Bank and that way I was able to sign in on Turkish Pc Xbox gamepass for 14 month for just around 14€. There is a workaround on a German discount site in the Internet where I followed the guide. But when you purchased EA Play Pro via VPN Turkey you know those things.
Related to EA App I was also to get exe.1.0 for FIFA 16 to work. Even now Steam is connected with EA App. As long as Origin works I stay with it. Never had bigger Issues with it. And to know that EA have worked on EA App and many issues are fixed is a backup. Just a decision now of nostalgia 🙂

Not strictly PC gaming, but just wondered if anyone else had seen the shit show going on at Linus Tech Tips?
Dude always struck me as an utter bellend for having such a punchable smirk. Saw the Gamer Nexus videos by Hardware Jesus Steve Burke, the ~45 minutes main one and the follow-up news on Linuses shameful response, what a trainwreck of not taking responsibility for your actions.

Back
Top Bottom