Newcastle United Thread

Coloccini had a mare, again.

I remember when he was seen as one of the best young defenders in the world. How the mighty have fallen.

Surely Newcastle can swap Shola Amesoshit for a better striker

He actually had a good pre season and scored some crackers so he is capable of delivering. He just needs better service and Gutierrez was shocking. I'd love to see more of that 18 year old they brought on at the end up front. They didn't do too bad for a team without a manager, strikers who haven't played up front together possibly ever and 6 or 7 players gone out the door. WBA was also a tough game to start seeing as they were premiership last season.

Nah Rad, he's fucking awful, even Bobby Zamora has a spell every six years where he can score a goal or two for a bit, but Ameobi's touch, effort, and general all round ability have always been horrible.

The guy doesn't deserve to be a footballer.

was expecting a better turnout at St James. Particularly for the first home game.

55k to 36k

Ameobi should do well in the Championship, its about his level is it not?

Yeah I think that's why he's doing well Petrov. Hopefully if Newcastle get promoted this year will have given him some confidence up front so he can do the same in the premiership. I don't think or can remember him ever getting a full run in the premiership where he could gain some confidence other than say if someone else was injured and he was put up front for a handful of games back to back knowing that when the other guy came back he'd be dropped again.

Although saying that with this bastard owner we have trying to get as much money as he can before he sell (which is fair enough really for him, but stinks when he still claims he's a die hard fan) I can see them selling Ameobi off now along with Duff who is on his way out (despite promising that he would stay a few months ago and get the club back up) and today sky are reporting that Portsmouth are buying Jonas Gutierrez.

The clubs going to be completely fucked in a few weeks and funnily enough everyone who has left the club so far has said 'If Shearer was the manager I would have stayed' which just leaves a lovely taste in your mouth.

Sol Campbell has revealed that he would 'love' to sign for Newcastle United, but he is not sure if a deal will be completed.

The 73-time England international is a free agent after his contract with former club Portsmouth expired in the summer.

Newcastle are looking for defensive reinforcements after selling Sebastian Bassong and Habib Beye, while Steven Taylor is reported to be close to requesting a transfer.

Campbell's experience, built from time with Tottenham and Arsenal, could therefore be viewed as vital as the Magpies plot a way out of the Championship.

The 34-year-old is himself interested in a move to Tyneside, however, he is waiting to see if a transfer will materialise.

He said in the Daily Star: "I would love to sign for Newcastle if it is possible, but we'll have to wait and see."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5497159,00.html

Coloccini had a mare, again.

I remember when he was seen as one of the best young defenders in the world. How the mighty have fallen.

At least he got to fall, as opposed to that lump of shite in your avatar who will never make it.

Insua is the slowest left-back I've ever seen. His performance away to either Fiorentina or Lyon was one of the worst displays I've ever seen...god-awful player.

José Enrique is far superior:SMUG:

Does anyone know were to get face-packs for Newcastle's players? especially the likes of Jonas, Guthrie, Nolan, Carroll, José Enrique.

I checked on pesfaces.co.uk but theirs only ten faces and their either really old or laughably bad..(the Jonas face...lol)

I can't fully immerse myself in the Championship patch as I can only make Carroll and Kadar look anywere near correct.

Typical. Just as Newcastle sign someone and they start to show promise and we have something exciting to look forward to. Some dirty wanker comes along and breaks his leg.

Typical. Just as Newcastle sign someone and they start to show promise and we have something exciting to look forward to. Some dirty wanker comes along and breaks his leg.

Indeed so. I have no doubt it was targetted. de Jong is a very dirty player.

By the way tell Jonas he has no chance of coming back to the national team try as he might. :P

The game was broadcast live in Argentina and no doubt he and Colo wanted to impress. Same goes for Colo he has no chance.

Very unlucky. Non existent penalty given and one stonewall one for the Toon turned down.

Back
Top Bottom