Newcastle United Thread

Yeah. :(

Finally Hatem was showing something.... not that I had hopes for him keeping it up. :P but still... then suddenly BAM! :(

I remember de jong taking out Holden (Scottish born Yank) in a NT friendly he broke his leg too.Dirty to the bone! WC final says it all really...

Indeed so. I have no doubt it was targetted. de Jong is a very dirty player.

I heard today that right after the tackle, when they were bringing the stretcher on. Jong was seen in the background receiving high fives from his team mates. Seems a cuntish thing to do if true.

I heard today that right after the tackle, when they were bringing the stretcher on. Jong was seen in the background receiving high fives from his team mates. Seems a cuntish thing to do if true.

I was there and can tell you that is absolutely false. De Jong was over with Ben Arfa after the whistle went (for a foul on Milner, seeing as De Jong's tackle was fine and won the ball). He was then confronted by Barton, who had to be ushered away.

At no point did anyone 'high five' Nigel for accidentally breaking Ben Arfa's leg.

According to some other City forum, City are taking action against at least one newspaper and one radio station (Talksport, I reckon) over the De Jong "Witch Hunt"

According to some other City forum, City are taking action against at least one newspaper and one radio station (Talksport, I reckon) over the De Jong "Witch Hunt"

lol, Man City can fuck off, no offence to you, but De Jong is a dirty scumbag player, what he did to Hatem, what he did to Xabi Alonso, what he did to Holden, I mean his own national manager has dropped him, because he knows what De Jong is like! So how Man City can come out and 'take action' is bullshit.

As i posted in the prem league thread De Jong is really a dirty player infact Nolan, Carroll and Smith all recieved more bookings than him for you last season.

As i posted in the prem league thread De Jong is really a dirty player infact Nolan, Carroll and Smith all recieved more bookings than him for you last season.

lol, so bookings dictate how dirty a player is?

Last time I checked - Nolan, Carroll and Smith didn't seriously injure 2 players in the space of months, and didn't put a boot in someones chest that could've done some seriously damage.

So they wernt booked for bad challanges then? If he really was that dirty surly he would have more? It was a malicious tackle on Ben Arfa replays show he didn't catch him with his leading foot, it was his trailing leg that made contact and it was just very unfortunate that the damage that caused was so severe.

You can pick up bookings for almost anything these days. swearing, kicking the ball away, tripping someone over by mistake... the number of cards any player receives does not always directly link to the dirtiness of that same player.

I guess you could argue that at least Jong got the ball though....

article-0-0B758605000005DC-454_468x323.jpg

oh...

If he really was that dirty surly he would have more?

Yeah I suppose you're right. As long as you're never booked.. you can't be dirty. Like if you rape someone but are never caught for it.. you're as good as clean.

Last edited:
He barely got the ball. He caught it with his heel but most of his foot hit Ben and his trailing leg cracked into Ben's leg broken leg. He took more of the player than he took of the ball. Just nudge the video you paused on an extra second so you can actually see the moment he made contact with the ball.

Like here...
ea5j5s.jpg

you can clearly see that Jong's left foot is making contact with Bens right foot... and Jong trailing leg leg is actually directed right into Ben's left leg. The ball is hardly getting a look in here.

Considering he came running at Ben to tackle him.. if he had made proper contact with the ball like he was supposed to do, surely it would have rolled further away from Ben than a few feet?

-

You can 'cross your arms and shake your head' as much as you like but your own argument was that 'because he didn't get booked and doesn't get many bookings... then therefore he can not be classed as a dirty player'.

Last edited:
He scissored him with his other foot though, which is what caused the damage.

Those kind of tackles are very dangerous. At the very least, he should have kept his other foot low to avoid such an outcome.

When Mark van Bommel is the only person who is defending you, you know you're in the wrong.

He took it fully and it went more than a few feet.... and it was the trailing leg that did the damaage.

This is the moment he made conatct with the ball:-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this is where the ball was stopped:-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That Nolon tackle is terrible but that doesn't diminish Jong's thug like dive into Ben Arfa. I have no idea why that's posted here though... to prove some kind of point I assume?

Dirty tackle are dirty tackles no matter who the player is. I have no idea why anyone would try to defend Jong's hacking down. Unless they're the kind of person who thinks a tackle is fair play as long as you get the ball in some kind of way.. which is borderline ridiculous. The ball didn't fly away as if he'd made a great tackle... he scissor kicked the guy down, he scuffs the ball with the heel of his outstretched left leg... it possibly comes off his other leg or just dribbles away of its own accord from the dreadful tackle attempt to Milner. Hardly a perfect timed tackle taking the ball cleanly like any professional should and that could be defended.

Last edited:
It was an atempt to show what a real dirty tackle is not one where the player took the ball and unfortunatly injured the player!

Shall we ban all slide tackles if that makes you feel better? because of the possability that it could be mistimed and there is an injury....Like it or not, every challenge has the potential to cause injury, you can't get rid of that.

Last edited:
You didn't need to show a video of what a dirty tackle looks like. We already saw Jongs :BOP:.

Now, why would banning all slide tackles make me feel better? That's a silly childish argument. You don't run out and ban everything the second something goes wrong. You work out how to minimise the risk of it happening again.

I'd like to see certain tackles going into the book more often.. and not just by some refs and let go by others but a full on banning.
Things like double foot stamping or single foot stamping at the ankles. That's not a tackle... that a desperate attempt to get your foot in front of the ball and screw anyone who gets in your way. Tackles like that should be pulled up more often than they are - the problem is they happen so fast Refs can't get a full view of them so it's too difficult to implement on the pitch.

Players themselves should become more aware of trailing legs and the kinds of tackles they're doing and the kind of injuries that can occur. Tackling should be an art form, not just something you throw yourself into with both legs flapping around and screw the well being of your opponents.

In terms of intent, De Jong's is right up there with the worst of them. He recognised the threat of Ben Arfa to Citeh and decided to take him out the game. I imagine the entire Man City team had this ploy. The fact De Jong changes his path to hack him shows there was no intent to play the ball.

Fucking disgraceful how there was no booking.

Back
Top Bottom