NBA 2K16. Best Sports Game Again?

I am useless at this, haven't got a clue how to create a chance and constantly losing my man trying to defend. I need to watch some training videos.

Da Czar has many excellent tutorials on Youtube, older game videos also apply.

Guys, I have a small request. If anyone has the game for xbox one, I would like to know if there is an option to remap the controls. Thanks.

Please no console war,

but should I get the X1 or PS4 version, and why?

Any thoughts please?
I can only speak about NBA2k15 and PS4 had a bit faster loading times and better online connectivity. Besides that the games were the same. PS4 will have a bigger online community if you care about that I assume.

I'm stuck at the installation of NBA2k16 on PS4. Ingame it says "82% Files are being copied. Some functions aren't available"

But it stays at 82% forever :(

Any help?

edit: Nevermind, it worked now.

Last edited:
Pretty hard to get used to the new controlls for screens, dribbling (shooting/isomotion combi button is not possible anymore), postups and alley oops :D

I keep posting up when trying to dribble, damn :D

Last edited:
Dwight Howard is a beast

CJPsxno.jpg

For someone who knows nothing about Basketball is it worth getting this game? Will I be able to pick things up as I go along?
I try every year to see what the fuss is about, but because I know nothing about the players and/or the teams, it doesn't really sink in how great it is (maybe that's just me).

Still a massively enjoyable game, but it's more like "that felt real" than "that player did something he'd do in real life", a bit like playing FIFA with teams you know nothing about I guess (and not really knowing what offside is, or why the goalkeeper has six seconds to get rid of the ball).

Same here, Chris.
It's a great game, but i'm not knowlegeable enough about basketball to really enjoy it or play it like it should be played...it's almost as if i use a Formula 1 car to go after a news paper...but once again, that is me...not the game.

Another reason why it's a problem for me is that a match is time consuming...a basketball match on NBA2K is much longer than the video game version of a football game.

But in the end, i Always buy it because i know it's such a great game...the game is not the problem..it's me.

I wish there was a football game like this one...the two current games don't even come close to this one...

@Chris Davies: The NBA 2k series is known for its player individuality. No sports game on the market comes close. Players behave like their real life counterparts and do stuff that you would in real game. All you you have to do is look at edit player in roster management tools to see all the different tendencies, signature shots, dribbles, dunks, layups, and motions that are assigned to each player.

@gerd: The time consuming nature of NBA 2k games used to be a pet peeve of mine but now I have gotten used to it as I have been playing 2k basketball games for many years. I usually go with 8 min qtrs. That said, there are lot of ppl who play 12 mins. Insane! For me, both NBA 2k and Fifa-Pes are fine in terms of game length online. Nothing is better than quick fun matches against friends and former teammates.

@gerd: The time consuming nature of NBA 2k games used to be a pet peeve of mine but now I have gotten used to it as I have been playing 2k basketball games for many years. I usually go with 8 min qtrs. That said, there are lot of ppl who play 12 mins. Insane! For me, both NBA 2k and Fifa-Pes are fine in terms of game length online. Nothing is better than quick fun matches against friends and former teammates.
Call me insane but I play with 12mins :D

I always liked 10min qtrs cause human players usually push the pace more than real life where they milk the clock almost every play.

I usually get real life numbers playing 10min qtrs, but the thing is on MyCareer I only get 2 seasons top per 2K, which is not good at all, you barely get the feeling of achieving something.

Now on the conversation, I actually think the game is better for casual fans, even though the controls are hard to get, I think its worth it to dive into this game, new guys that aren't that into basketball should try a point guard career, that's the mode you will feel in control of every play but at the same time you won't have to worry about rebounds, post game, or the tough ways to get open, because you will have the ball most of the time.

Its a lot of fun, soon you will get a feeling of the plays your team call, which team mates get open and which are good players.

Unfortunately I'm tired of the franchise and this year I didn't picked the game, but that's because I dived so hard into the gameplay that I find every little flaw cringe worthy. Maybe in 2K17 or 18 I'll be back.

But back in 2K11 I was a lot like you gerd, I knew the basics of the game, but didn't really get the fuss, playing as a PG only helped me a lot.

Unfortunately I'm tired of the franchise and this year I didn't picked the game, but that's because I dived so hard into the gameplay that I find every little flaw cringe worthy. Maybe in 2K17 or 18 I'll be back.

I'm getting the game for sure. Probably sometime in November when there are a lot of sales before American thanksgiving. A lot of good games have come out this year. I don't know where ppl find the time to play all these new releases. I have 7 games in my PS4 library that I haven't completed. Heck, I'm still in season 1 of my career on 2k15. In the finals against KD and co.

For someone who knows nothing about Basketball is it worth getting this game? Will I be able to pick things up as I go along?

Heres my take on it - I learned everything about the real life game FROM this as I was just the same about knowledge of the sport, I would say this in terms of sports games is the closest representation of real life counterpart, dare we call it game now and actually "sim".

I'm really struggling to get open shots for 3 pointers in 2k16. Anyone else? :D

Had a game with the Warriors where Curry had 2/13 from long range.

I'm looking for sim sliders, what sliders are you guys using?

I'm playing 10 minute quarters in All Star with default Simulation sliders. And the game ranges from the most awesome sports game I've ever played BY FAR to the usual irritating-frustrating experience when the CPU Cheats kick in.

As usual, sometimes the CPU get into instant momentum by no reason and can destroy you. When this happens, you have some weapons to fight it, usually calling for a timeout, changing your approach to the game, subbing players, etc... But sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, the CPU will get into god mode no matter what and you're done. You will lose the game.

In my GM with the Grizzlies, I had the best 4 matches of virtual basketball I've ever played in a row, not in terms of result, but in terms of experience. I even lost to the Spurs in a fair way and enjoyed it inmensely. Everything made sense.

But in the 5th match, against the Hawks, I was leading by 12 in the third quarter when suddenly the Hawks turned into the Globetrotters. They had 15 consecutive jumpshots in, all of them contested, they had 4 "and one" with circus shots, they grabbed every offensive rebound when they missed after the 15 jumpers (6 of them, including Korver and Lawson winning the rebound to Randolph and Gasol).

So they ended up scoring almost in every attack in the 4th quarter. They had a 70% shooting in the 4th quarter, and the only shots they missed where blocked or fouled, I only had 3 deffensive rebounds in the whole quarter...

But the worse is that at the same time my team turned completely shit and I was unable to score other than dunking. In the 4th quarter I had a 0% outside the paint. 0/15 shots!!! And I was shooting mostly open shots with Lee, Conley, Gasol, Randolph, Carter and Brooks (who I traded for Udrih because I wanted a good perimeter shooter). This is simply unacceptable. Missing shots by no reason. Even 2 perfectly released jumpshots missed! Open shot from 2 meters... missed! And couplped with strange turnovers, my best ball handlers loosing the ball automatically who knows why.

I was having a blast leading the game with great plays and shooting quite well and all of a sudden it gets unplayable. I just don't get how on earth they put this in the game, that's pathetic scripting. They build a gem of a game and then they shit on it.

Historically that has happened in all installments of the series, but it's just that the game is so good and amazing when it flows without this scripting that when it kicks in it feels worse than ever. Luckily, it only happens at this level on very specific games, so most of the times it all flows great.

There's an issue with 3 pointers, for example, where you CAN'T score two consecutive 3 pointers in 2 consecutive attacks. This sucks compared to the rest of the game which is brilliant.

End of the rant, sorry. Other than that, the game is awesome and I would gladly like to hear about good sliders as well :PRAY:

I can post my own sliders but I assume a lot of you find them crazy or noobish :D but they give me a slow and realistic feeling in the game.

I've only played one full game so far and I'm still learning the new controls but I've witnessed Gerald Henderson turn into D Wade.

I'm convinced though that appropriate sliders (currently playing with default) will bring him back to earth with a bang.

When this happens I'll play Portland again and shut down that scrub with PJ Tucker.

Has anyone started My Career? Does it have sliders now? EDIT: No

Last edited:
about PC any tip against the micro framerate drop? its not killing the game but its annoying, game is not smooth whatever video settings i use. and i had no problem at all with 2k15

I don't like how the My Career rookie season is essentially wasted just because of the bad story.

I like the idea of it but the execution is poor, they should stick with it though and improve the storytelling.

I'm going to test these sliders today.

Created by SimWorld.

Back
Top Bottom