NBA 2K16. Best Sports Game Again?

Hahahahaaaaaaa! 2K are brilliant. In the trailer, they get Lillard being dunked and Westbrook being blocked. The stars of NBA Live. So hilarious.

Pure Genius. WTF does 2k have against Dirk? He's only the big star without a good facescan. There's scrubs who are 8th or 9th in their teams rotations who have better scans than him.

Bit late but I will be able to play 2K16 tomorrow at the pre-release party in Amsterdam. There will be a Q&A with Rob Jones, who I believe is the big person behind NBA 2K so if anyone of you have any questions I suppose I could ask him.

I obviously can't film of make photographs but I suppose I'll be able to try stuff out. I should be able to play plenty as there will be a tournament.

Bit late but I will be able to play 2K16 tomorrow at the pre-release party in Amsterdam. There will be a Q&A with Rob Jones, who I believe is the big person behind NBA 2K so if anyone of you have any questions I suppose I could ask him.

I obviously can't film of make photographs but I suppose I'll be able to try stuff out. I should be able to play plenty as there will be a tournament.

Questions

Is the zig zag dribbling cheese gone?
Is charge cheese gone?
Can you actually lock someone down on D now with the new foot planting?
Is on court sliding still present?

Are legendary team cyber faces on par with faces in the current rosters? Last year legend cyber faces were horrendous

Is shot blocking more effective? They nerfed it last year for some reason. The only way to get realistic blocks was to increase the block slider

How is off ball movement? Are shooters running around trying to get open or standing still? Also, do players still set unnecessary picks?

Thx

Question: Why it's not possible to play with custom sliders against friends online?

Another year of basketball for me.

Still having tons of fun with nba 2k15, that's best release since 2k11 imo. And if nba 2k16 is gonna greatly improve in most areas i'm gonna lose myself to it for a while .

So it turns out that the pre-release event was kind of a bummer. There was a tournament and two pods you could play on, but the game was basically a demo. Only one five minute quarter between the Cavs and Warriors and no Q&A.

Didn't get the chance to play against the AI, but some of my overall impressions were pretty good. For starters, the game feels higher paced than last year. Bringing up the ball with your PG is much better, the size-ups they talked about were definitely there. The physicality of players is improved a lot too, the difference apart from seeable with the body types is also noticeable when driving or in the post.

Some things I disliked:
-Curry is way too good, and if they don't downgrade him expect a ton of people to spam his high arcing floater, which looked great but was much too easy to pull off.
-Smart plays seem to have gone, I tried them but couldn't find them.
-Posting-up is not done with triangle anymore, at first this caused me some because triangle is now a lob I think.
-Sometimes clipping was really clear.
-Sweat up close looks sort of stuck on to the player at times
-Blocking is something really freakish, I didn't even seem to time it very well at times and I still had some really monster blocks with the likes of Bogut on LeBron. Some of the realistic blocks looked amazing though.
-Alley-oops looked a bit broken.
-Some dunking animations were not very fit for the player, I remember Harrison Barnes pulling off a windmill once.

The game that all sports games should/will take lessons from.

I wish this company would make a football (soccer) game - but that's for another discussion elsewhere.

Slightly off topic, are the Bucks the best team for someone who doesn't have a "favourite" NBA team but likes the Green Bay Packers?

Slightly off topic, are the Bucks the best team for someone who doesn't have a "favourite" NBA team but likes the Green Bay Packers?

They have a good young team with a lot of height and length in their starting lineup. Perfect team to build in my league franchise mode. Solid three in Parker, Monroe, and Giannis. Parker has the potential to be a star and Giannis a lockdown defender (think Shawn Marion in his prime).

- hate that camera but game looks a lot more polished and clean
- blocks look a lot better
- movement is better..didn't see any sliding
- new fadeaway and layup animations look good
- player models look better
- looks like the AI will make you pay for going under on screens. Welcome change
- going to be hard to pick FIFA over this as this game actually looks like a current gen game in every way. Yes, I'm on a gaming budget courtesy of my better half

They did full body scans for the players and I agree about the game speed but that's subjective and can be manually changed.

After watching all the vids there are some cons I see

1) post fadeaways are being used too much by the CPU. Can be fixed pretty easily with a tendency edit roster update
2) way too many overhead passes.

I think the default speed looks fine. Smoove said he was able to beat big men down the court on HOF sim with fast players

Absolutely loving it so far. Game overall feels so much better than 2K15. Only thing I adjusted is making it slightly slower. Pulling off plays is so smooth.

Only complaint I have so far is that I have to refrain myself from abusing pick & rolls. Way too easy to consistently score in the paint off them.

Absolutely loving it so far. Game overall feels so much better than 2K15. Only thing I adjusted is making it slightly slower. Pulling off plays is so smooth.

Only complaint I have so far is that I have to refrain myself from abusing pick & rolls. Way too easy to consistently score in the paint off them.

Hey bud. What teams were you using and what difficulty were you playing on? I heard pick and rolls are defended a lot better this year

I'm playing on superstar level at the moment. Earlier played with the Kings against the Lakers and the pick and roll with Rondo and Cousins was too easy to abuse for me, and it's not as if I'm really dominating the game overall either. I would've tried hall of fame if it was the case.

Lakers are trash. They have no good on-ball defenders, interior defenders and rim protectors besides Roy Hibbert. Play a game against Memphis, Chicago, or San Antonio on Superstar sim and see if you have the same success. Team defence by the A.I. Is supposed to be a lot better this year. Going to have wait till next wk to test myself.

Any tips for a new freshman? I'm about to start playing it, have i lost too damn much?

I am useless at this, haven't got a clue how to create a chance and constantly losing my man trying to defend. I need to watch some training videos.

Back
Top Bottom