Microsoft Xbox One X

Yeah I had the same thing off shopto but nothing is on the DPD app.
I ordered from GAME but I've got an entry on the DPD app (make sure you add the email account and postage address you're using for ShopTo into your DPD account, you can do it through the app).

However... It's just updated to say it'll be delivered tomorrow. :(

The log says "received 05/11/17 20:57", then "parcel not received 06/11/17"...

Lying pieces of shit.

Did you order mud runners?
No, I'm not mental.

I buckled and ordered Project Cars 2 though, I had £10's worth of points from GAME after ordering the Xbox so I thought, sod it, I want a new game to play. Being delivered tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah I got the message it’s being delivered today, I skipped out of bed and slid down the bannister. Checked my phone again and it said it’s been delayed.

Well mine arrived, but I sold it..

Was offered £600 by someone who really wanted the Scorpio edition.. So will now just wait and buy one eventually.

Guess I wasn't that excited by it.

Wasn't delivered until 5pm, didn't unbox it until 7pm, and despite saving all my games to an external drive a month ago to minimise downloads, it needed to download an update, then a "preview" update, then an update for every backwards compatible game (including the non-enhanced ones), then the enhanced patches.

100gb of downloads. At midnight, I played five minutes of Project Cars 2. Haven't got the energy to dress it up, so I'll just say, it looked like dogshit (in comparison to Forza and GT Sport). Then five minutes of Oblivion, which I was more impressed by (primarily because the fonts were rendered perfectly in 4K).

Thoroughly underwhelmed so far.

Interesting article on the performance difference:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ra-hd-xbox-one-x-ps4-pro-dynamic-res-showdown

Have read a lot about people being underwhelmed. Have over the last month do a lot of research on HDR TV's and if seems that a lot of the cheapest TV's don't reproduce HDR as it is intended. To get proper HDR performance it seems we need to buy HDR10 set with last year's Samsung KS7000 being the cheapest available at £700 (if you can find stock) or likes of this year's Sony XE90 which is currently over £1000 but hopefully discounted during black Friday weekend.

Have read a lot about people being underwhelmed. Have over the last month do a lot of research on HDR TV's and if seems that a lot of the cheapest TV's don't reproduce HDR as it is intended. To get proper HDR performance it seems we need to buy HDR10 set with last year's Samsung KS7000 being the cheapest available at £700 (if you can find stock) or likes of this year's Sony XE90 which is currently over £1000 but hopefully discounted during black Friday weekend.
I bought a £2,000 Panasonic and I'm not happy with it, but it's regarded as one of the best all-round (DX902).

I think HDR is brilliant, don't get me wrong - looks great on both consoles, the way lights "pop" makes the biggest difference for me (especially in racing games, they look real). I'd definitely say 4K and HDR are worth getting.

But anything that's black (e.g. a player's hair in FIFA) leaves a trail as it moves around. Takes me back to the days of "ghosting" on analog TVs, it looks dreadful.

If £2,000 and (arguably) the best 4K/HDR telly you can get has a problem as glaring as that (and it's not a defect, it's present on every one of them), then something's not quite right with the technology at the moment...

I had a JS9000 briefly (absolute bargain for how good the TV was overall) but unfortunately there was a big red flickering line down one side of the screen when in game mode, and Samsung's response was "get the KS" - but the picture quality wasn't quite as good and I ended up going "whatever I buy, I want it to be perfect".

Hell of a backfire...

LED TV's all suffer with motion blur / overshooting when things move fast CD. I have a Sony Bravia XD85 LED TV and its not too bad but I notice the motion blur compared to my OLED in my living room which looks amazing in comparison.

I bought a £2,000 Panasonic and I'm not happy with it, but it's regarded as one of the best all-round (DX902).

I think HDR is brilliant, don't get me wrong - looks great on both consoles, the way lights "pop" makes the biggest difference for me (especially in racing games, they look real). I'd definitely say 4K and HDR are worth getting.

But anything that's black (e.g. a player's hair in FIFA) leaves a trail as it moves around. Takes me back to the days of "ghosting" on analog TVs, it looks dreadful.

If £2,000 and (arguably) the best 4K/HDR telly you can get has a problem as glaring as that (and it's not a defect, it's present on every one of them), then something's not quite right with the technology at the moment...

I had a JS9000 briefly (absolute bargain for how good the TV was overall) but unfortunately there was a big red flickering line down one side of the screen when in game mode, and Samsung's response was "get the KS" - but the picture quality wasn't quite as good and I ended up going "whatever I buy, I want it to be perfect".

Hell of a backfire...

Oh I agree Chris. The technology even at the top end does not seem to be perfect which it should be at those prices it should be. What I am talking about is seeing lots of posts on Twitter etc from people who have bought £400-£500 TV's that carry the HDR logo but are complaining that the experience has not blown them away. If they did a little bit of research that they would realise the 8 bit panels that they have are not capable of reaching the levels expected for a proper HDR experience.

I am about to buy a 4K set (waiting until Black Friday weekend) and have been researching for the last month. I now have a fair idea of what I want and have learnt (which I didn't know before) that it is better to buy 55 inch plus set as anything smaller then you are not going to see the benefit of a 4K picture unless you are sat relatively close to the screen.

Unfortunately TV Brands seem to care more about 'who comes up with a new cool-named-technology' than to really settle with one type of it and become the master-

For example: Some brands don't haven that many different models capable of producing nice 4K image quality, yet they release a Curved 4K TV. And then a HDR TV. And then....

The only Brand I trust (not blindingly though) is LG. But they are also guilty of rushing new technologies just to appear to be ahead of the competition.

You can't beat Sony and Samsung TVs. That being said, I'm going to wait until the PS5 arrives (probably 2019) before picking up a 4K HDR TV. The technology is still new and not cheap enough for my tight wallet.

Unfortunately TV Brands seem to care more about 'who comes up with a new cool-named-technology' than to really settle with one type of it and become the master-

For example: Some brands don't haven that many different models capable of producing nice 4K image quality, yet they release a Curved 4K TV. And then a HDR TV. And then....

The only Brand I trust (not blindingly though) is LG. But they are also guilty of rushing new technologies just to appear to be ahead of the competition.

I have a LG OLED UHD Tv and it’s the nuts. Ok it was £3500 but if I dont change it for 4/5 years it works out good value.
Had it calibrated (as any new tv should be) and the picture still blows me away after 18 months. Stunning

Gaming consoles are like phone companies. They’ve run out of ideas plus is there any more they can really add to a Console and phone for that matter?

Yes as tech advances. Its only 20 ish years ago we were still using floppy disk and 4 floppy disk game was huge. How many floppy have they squeezed into an average size hard drive now? Tech always moves on and things get smaller and more capable

DOgDTvPW4AAO2Un.jpg

https://twitter.com/officialpes

Remember when youre friends bought the first LCD/plasma TVs?
The 32 inches,HD ready,took like 6-7 years before you had a decent amount of HD channels on it?
Plus the TVs cost like €4-5 k

I'm doing the same here,still on Xbox one,50 inch HD TV,and will wait for a price drop in both 4k TVs and Nd consoles.

Couldn't get my console to turn on last night. Thought it had died.

Turns out it's because I had it hooked up to a surge protector, and the Xbox has one built-in. Microsoft's support page has been updated to reflect this.

So, a warning to anyone else who has a lick of sense and has everything connected to a surge protector... The Xbox needs to be plugged into a normal socket.

SOURCE: Gizmodo

I wonder how many joules that protector has and how do you know how many it has left? What happens when that surge protector wears out? Silly idea in my opinion.

I wonder how many joules that protector has and how do you know how many it has left? What happens when that surge protector wears out? Silly idea in my opinion.
Oh I agree entirely, and I'm not sure I get how connecting it to a surge protector "limits power". Lots of debate about how that works.

But as soon as I connected up to an unprotected mains plug, I could turn the Xbox on again, so I don't think I've got much choice, and it might happen to others too...

So......anyone still got their XBOX One X? Whats your opinion of it?
Yep. Rather than feel like it enhances certain games, I feel like it's outright necessary for them. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is one of the only games I play regularly and even though it runs like absolute crap compared to retail games, on a standard Xbox, it'll make your eyes bleed.

It's become the console I buy all non-exclusive non-online* games on, and with all the work they're doing on backwards-compatibility (which is all free, unlike the PlayStation Now service which doesn't even run on the console itself, but just streams the game across the internet)... I'm happy with it.

*If you can play it online, I tend to buy it on the PS4, because that's what 90% of my friends have. But the PS4 Pro is getting a bit silly now - best example is the most recent Witcher 3 patch, which introduces HDR but cocks up the LOD (so you get rocks popping in out of nowhere), amongst other things.

Yep. Rather than feel like it enhances certain games, I feel like it's outright necessary for them. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is one of the only games I play regularly and even though it runs like absolute crap compared to retail games, on a standard Xbox, it'll make your eyes bleed.

It's become the console I buy all non-exclusive non-online* games on, and with all the work they're doing on backwards-compatibility (which is all free, unlike the PlayStation Now service which doesn't even run on the console itself, but just streams the game across the internet)... I'm happy with it.

*If you can play it online, I tend to buy it on the PS4, because that's what 90% of my friends have. But the PS4 Pro is getting a bit silly now - best example is the most recent Witcher 3 patch, which introduces HDR but cocks up the LOD (so you get rocks popping in out of nowhere), amongst other things.

Thanks
My son is thinking of getting one as he currently has the Xbox One S

Wouldn’t be without mine and it’s my go to console for anything third party,especially FIFA/PES.

Using mine on a older top spec Panasonic lcd tv in 2k with all the 4K downsampling bells and whistles.Games look stunning,with controller lag being almost non existent over the base model.Loading times in comparison to the base model are also two thirds quicker..

Tiny form factor and quietness were also a big draw as well the more demanding games now generally buckling on both my base Xbox and PS4.The X certainly serves up a more deluxe fifa/pes console experience both visually and interms of response,smoothness,maintaining a rock solid frame rate.

I’m more invested in the MS eco system this gen and while I do own a PS4 for its first party diversity and a switch for most things Nintendo..The Xbox X gives me a few years of premium console gaming without compromising frame rates,controller response and visual fidelity..

A nice upgrade whether you have a 4K tv or not imo..

Bought an Xbox One X today, as saw one in Asda for £349 with Farcry 5.

Thought it was too good a deal to ignore but fully expect it to stay in the box and not be touched until Red Dead 2 is released.

Well did get it out the box and joined the Xbox Game Pass which was free for 30 days.

Downloaded quite a few games, great to see that Fusion Frenzy was there and KOTOR.

Also downloaded Rise of the Tomb and played it with enhanced visuals, which I must admit was very close to the PC version in term of visuals.
The PS4 PRO version didn't look this good.
However the game is meant to run @30FPS, but I don't know whether 30FPS is too low, but Tomb Raider in 4K with the enhanced visuals switched on was unplayable IMO, the amount of stuttering and frame drops on display were incredibly disappointing.

I am hoping this is perhaps a one off and need to try some other games in 4K, otherwise I will just hope that most games will have the Higher Framerate option.

Other issues:-
Boot time is slow.
UI is a very unique experience, which will take some time getting used too.
Plex doesn't stream in 4K, as the App not been developed enough.

Red Dead better be worth it on Xbox X.

Last edited:
Well did get it out the box and joined the Xbox Game Pass which was free for 30 days.

Downloaded quite a few games, great to see that Fusion Frenzy was there and KOTOR.

Also downloaded Rise of the Tomb and played it with enhanced visuals, which I must admit was very close to the PC version in term of visuals.
The PS4 PRO version didn't look this good.
However the game is meant to run @30FPS, but I don't know whether 30FPS is too low, but Tomb Raider in 4K with the enhanced visuals switched on was unplayable IMO, the amount of stuttering and frame drops on display were incredibly disappointing.

I am hoping this is perhaps a one off and need to try some other games in 4K, otherwise I will just hope that most games will have the Higher Framerate option.

Other issues:-
Boot time is slow.
UI is a very unique experience, which will take some time getting used too.
Plex doesn't stream in 4K, as the App not been developed enough.

Red Dead better be worth it on Xbox X.
I actually put mine out to sell a week after getting it. Because I already had the Pro I thought this felt redundant. The difference didn't feel that big. I actually thought it'd play all OG Xbox and 360 games in 4k and that was the lure for me, but to my surprise it only did a bunch of them, so I was disappointed.

Sold last week with only $30 loss (which isn't bad I guess) and I ended up getting an S instead.

I can certainly see how others without a Pro can enjoy this though, of course.

Back
Top Bottom